The Presidential Debate

5 hours ago, Argus said:

No it's not. The equivalent of 'Do you still beat your wife?" would be something like "Do you still support white supremacy?"

Actually the proposal/question "Are you willing to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in these cities as we've seen in Kenosha and Portland" is an example of a rhetorical fallacy called "Begging the Question." (Lately most people use the phrase incorrectly.

Begging the question, sometimes known by its Latin name petitio principii (meaning assuming the initial point), is a logical fallacy in which the writer or speaker assumes the statement under examination to be true. In other words, begging the question involves using a premise to support itself. If the premise is questionable, then the argument is bad.

I'm hoping this is not news to you, Argus because you're such a master of it. Almost every statement you make is an example of it.

You and Chris Wallace. The assumption in the proposal under examination here is the suggestion that white supremacists or militia groups are contributing significantly to the violence we've seen across America. That, of course, is false even though it's necessary to be true to validate the proposal that trump reject it. It's not even true of the 2 cities the second on the Biden debate team, Chris Wallace, mentions.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Argus said:

The question was a softball lob. All he had to say was "Yes."

What part of the phrase "Sure, I'm willing to do that." did you not accept?

Trump, asked by moderator Chris Wallace at the debate Tuesday if he was willing to condemn White supremacy, said, "Sure, I'm willing to do that. But I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing, not the right-wing. I am willing to do anything. I want to see peace.”

Ann Coulter got a good one off.

After four months of looting, arson, window breaking, vandalism, intimidation, physical assaults, stabbings, and shootings by Black Lives Matter and antifa, the first thing on the media’s mind is … getting Trump to condemn “white supremacists”!

It would be as if, on the morning after Pearl Harbor, the League of Nations demanded that FDR condemn American aggression in the Pacific.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/01/ann-coulter-is-chris-wallace-a-white-supremacist/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/amazon-removes-stand-back-and-stand-by-merchandise-with-proud-boys-logo-1.5128814

I think someone should tell trump to stand back and sit down, you're done.  :mellow:

LMAO. CTV is drivel, you might as well go straight to their source and quote Trudeau or Pelosi.

Here's what actual crap looks like in english:

The words were said by U.S. President Donald Trump at Tuesday's debate when he refused to condemn White supremacists for inciting violence at anti-police brutality demonstrations across the country.

5 serious lies in one sentence. There's so much wrong with that sentence that it's actually evil.  

Lie 1) Trump didn't refuse to do anything at the debate. He was asked to tell the Proud Boys to stand down and he did that exact thing promptly. He was 100% correct to say that the violence and rioting was all from the left wing, and he correctly named Antifa as a leading cause. Trump rocked that answer, stupid people just don't didn't notice. Shocker.

Lie 2) "White Supremacists" aren't there, and to accuse the people who go there of being white supremacists is just slander with a side of fear-mongering & racial division - standard fare on alt-left MSM. Is CTV trying to call that kid who killed the pedophile and the felon in Kenosha a white supremacist now? Really? 

Lie 3) The violence was incited by michelle obama and her sycophants in BLM and Antifa months ago, it has been going on unabated for a long time, and it is not being incited on-location. For CTV and CNN to suddenly notice a bit of violence and call it out is just a total fucking laugh, and only total idiots would quote them there. "We're appalled by .003% of the violence here!!!!"

Lie 4) There are no "anti police-brutality" demonstrations going on at all, or names like Tony Timpa would be mentioned. The riots that are happening are racial division disguised as virtue-signalling. Even the total idiots who still watch CTV and CNN would have to have noticed that one. 

Lie 5) The word demonstration is completely inaccurate, the word they're looking for is rioting.

Pieces of shit on CNN and CTV are trying to flip the script on all of this left-wing rioting, and re-brand the whole problem as "right wing white supremacists" committing all the violence.

They think that 50% of the population have their heads so far up their asses that they'll just gobble that all up.

There's piles of video of BLMers and their fellow communists in Antifa being violent, burning, and looting. There's literally zero proof of anything that CNN and CTV are saying, because it's patently false.

Here's some left wing bullshit: https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/lake-country/2020/08/26/kenosha-jacob-blake-protest-shooting-what-we-know-victims/5635760002/

Anthony Huber, 26, of Silver Lake

Friends described Huber as a happy and laid-back guy who loved to skateboard. 

"He was always a really sweet person. Always had a smile on his face," said Max Seebeck, who grew up skateboarding with Huber in Kenosha.

Tim Kramer, 26, said he had known Huber since they were students at Lincoln Middle School in Kenosha. 

"He was always really friendly. He got along with everybody. He was a class-clown-type of guy. He loved skateboarding. It's been a big part of his life."

Truthfully though, he was only a happy-go-lucky guy some of the time. The rest of the time he was strangling, suffocating and beating his bitches until he was designated a repeat abuser. 

Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, of Kenosha

According to social media posts from friends and family, Rosenbaum is a Texas native. He moved to Kenosha within the last year.

The criminal complaint says Rosenbaum was unarmed. A witness told police Rosenbaum tried to grab Rittenhouse's gun after following Rittenhouse to a parking lot. He was shot multiple times. 

Ummmm, he was a registered sex offender of the lowest order, that's who he was. That's why he was with BLM/Antifa. Truth matters.

But let's paint that Kyle Rittenhouse kid as a white supremacist, for the cause, right Canucklehead?

Just remember, the most worthless people on the planet are saying the exact same things that you're posting here. That should be cause for some concern on your part.

21 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

"A video compilation highlighted by One America News depicts 20 times President Trump has condemned white supremacists."

Facts don't change the way that the idiots who gobble up CNN propaganda feel

The people who are out chasing CNN's windmills really need for there to be a dragon to slay. If they can't get self-worth by simply attacking Trump with sandbox insults then they'll have to get actual jobs or treat people decently to get self-esteem. Ewwwwwww. No self-respecting leftist is going to get that radical. 

5 hours ago, Boges said:

1st amendment rights would also extend to not wanting to vote for someone that courts white supremacist support. 

Nope...not even remotely the same.

White supremacists and BLM supremacists have constitutional rights that must be protected, or nobody has First Amendment rights.   It's an American thing that doesn't apply in Canada.

• Like 1

I got tired of all the smug, smirking from Harris in a hurry, so I flipped it to another tab and just listened.

But then when Harris wanted you to know what a superior moral paragon she was her voice would start cracking and get all performance art, whiny as a substitute for truthful facts (which she never seemed to have), and that might have even been creepier.

Edited by Infidel Dog

On 10/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/amazon-removes-stand-back-and-stand-by-merchandise-with-proud-boys-logo-1.5128814

I think someone should tell trump to stand back and sit down, you're done.  :mellow:

I think that someone posts a lot about things that they don't comprehend. (By someone I mean you)

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

I got tired of all the smug, smirking from Harris in a hurry, so I flipped it to another tab and just listened.

But then when Harris wanted you to know what a superior moral paragon she was her voice would start cracking and get all performance art, whiny as a substitute for truthful facts (which she never seemed to have), and that might have even been creepier.

She also bounced up and down like she had to pee. It's like she was on amphetamines and she was experiencing a huge rush of unbridled energy.

Some people praised her as Presidential, and there might have been a few shining moments of that when she was in a position to pontificate, but the real key to "looking Presidential" is being able to do it at the worst of times, not just when you're grabbing some low-hanging fruit.

If she has to stand up to a foreign adversary at some point, and she's not in a dominant position, her "I gotta go number one" act isn't a look that will inspire confidence in Americans and fear in the enemy.

Here's something worth knowing. I was curious about it when Harris made the claim last night. It didn't sound likely.

It was impossible to miss how Kamala Harris, like Joe Biden, refused to answer questions about their plans to expand the Supreme Court. But she also misrepresented history.

Harris claimed at the VP debate that Abraham Lincoln refused to nominate a candidate for Chief Justice in October 1864 because “Honest Abe said, it’s not the right thing to do” and wanted the people to vote first.

Lincoln, of course, said no such thing. He sent no nominee to the Senate in October 1864 because the Senate was out of session until December. He sent a nominee the day after the session began, and Salmon P. Chase was confirmed the same day. And Lincoln wanted to dangle the nomination before Chase and several other potential candidates because he wanted them to campaign for him. Lincoln’s priority was winning the election, which was necessary to win the war — and he filled the vacancy at the first possible instant.

Kamala Harris is simply inventing history.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-dishonesty-on-abe-lincoln/

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

She also bounced up and down like she had to pee. It's like she was on amphetamines and she was experiencing a huge rush of unbridled energy.

Yeah...

And now these people want to say its because she was a woman being bullied by Pence the bad man.

Misogynist.

He even dared to ask her questions! That is threatening!

#Vagina Defence

Edited by OftenWrong

On 10/1/2020 at 5:46 PM, Cannucklehead said:

And Amazon cheerfully sells Black Lives Matter gear. A wildly successful and likely profitable enterprise started by "trained Marxists" who despise everything the USA stands for. Go figure.

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Of course he refused.  They would be able to shut him up if he wouldn't on his own.

They should be able to do the same in person, don't they wear microphones?  Just get a remote connection, shut down the mic when his time is up.  He could keep talking, or at least we could see his lips moving, but the other guy could get a word in edgewise.