Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies at 87

12 minutes ago, Shady said:

Romney sums it up very well.

Apparently AOC offered the counter to that where she lectured that the constitution was trumped by Ruth's dying wish (according to her activist grand daughter and nobody else) that the constitution and all precedent be ignored so America could be forced to wait for a new President to nominate the next Supreme court justice.

I couldn't find the video of that but I did find humor group, The United Spot's re-interpretation. ^_^

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Cont: Good morning...Sunday morning.

Nah....that's not broken.

Maybe she is losing it also. I think that her and Biden would make a nice lovely couple living together and totally lost in dementia dreamland forever. At least they will be able to secure and afford a nice senior residence place for themselves to live in with all the money that they both have. I often wonder as to why does old politicians like her and Biden stay in politics for so long anyway? When you are in your 80's what's the point? They have nothing to offer anymore except to be a pain in the ass. Get out and let new blood in. Hopefully, after Trump wins the election they both will screw off. Good riddance to bad old rubbish. :D

• Like 1

I don't think you people quite grasp what's going on here. The way both parties are playing this is as if whomever gets appointed will completely ignore the constitution and the law and decide things as a hard-right Republican. In other words, be nothing more than a partisan judge in a court that doesn't care about the law or justice.

What happens if the Supreme Court gets seen as little more than a partisan branch of the Republican Party? It isn't simply a matter of the court losing respect, not in the US. Where so many people instinctively distrust government, if the law is seen as nothing more than a partisan institution without fair rulings you're going to see a lot of violence. That's especially so if a Republican stacked court decides (again) to give the election to a Republican. And particularly in an environment where the Republicans are seen as cheating and cooperating with a foreign enemy to cheat.

How many federal judges will wind up being gunned down under that kind of a scenario? And will we see congressmen and senators assassinated, too?

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

I don't think you people quite grasp what's going on here.

It was the DEMOCRATS that changed the rules...from 60 votes needed to a simple majority. McConnell warned that they would regret the day they changed the rules to try and give themselves advantage. Well, now here's that day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Maybe she is losing it also. I think that her and Biden would make a nice lovely couple living together and totally lost in dementia dreamland forever. At least they will be able to secure and afford a nice senior residence place for themselves to live in with all the money that they both have. I often wonder as to why does old politicians like her and Biden stay in politics for so long anyway? When you are in your 80's what's the point? They have nothing to offer anymore except to be a pain in the ass. Get out and let new blood in. Hopefully, after Trump wins the election they both will screw off. Good riddance to bad old rubbish. :D

She's clearly past her 'best by date'...that was downright strange.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

It was the DEMOCRATS that changed the rules...from 60 votes needed to a simple majority. McConnell warned that they would regret the day they changed the rules to try and give themselves advantage. Well, now here's that day.

They changed the rules, as I recall, because the Republicans were refusing to pass ANY judicial appoints for Obama.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:13 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, but we will see more letters with ricin from Canada.

Canada has become an arse of a country full of azz politicians that could careless about Canada or Canadians. We all keep thinking and hoping that the next politician in power will change everything for the better. But in the end we still get the same old crap. The one thing that people cannot seem to get thru their thick bone headed skulls is that our politicians are just nothing more than a bunch of puppet on a string politicians who support globalism. They take their orders from the deep state globalist elite like Gates and Soros. Old Bader was just one of their puppets just like the rest of our dear leaders do also. Trump appears to be the only person in politics that is willing to take on the globalists. This is a war between Trump and the globalists and nothing more. Trump wins we all win. Trump loses and Biden wins we all lose. It's that bloody simple, folks. Hello? :unsure:

On 9/22/2020 at 4:25 PM, Argus said:

I don't think you people quite grasp what's going on here. The way both parties are playing this is as if whomever gets appointed will completely ignore the constitution and the law and decide things as a hard-right Republican. In other words, be nothing more than a partisan judge in a court that doesn't care about the law or justice.

What happens if the Supreme Court gets seen as little more than a partisan branch of the Republican Party? It isn't simply a matter of the court losing respect, not in the US. Where so many people instinctively distrust government, if the law is seen as nothing more than a partisan institution without fair rulings you're going to see a lot of violence. That's especially so if a Republican stacked court decides (again) to give the election to a Republican. And particularly in an environment where the Republicans are seen as cheating and cooperating with a foreign enemy to cheat.

How many federal judges will wind up being gunned down under that kind of a scenario? And will we see congressmen and senators assassinated, too?

Go back to bed. You are way to clueless about politics. Anyone buffoon who enjoys knocking Trump is knocking themselves in the head. There is not one politician in Canada left today that can be trusted with our freedoms. this Convid 19 hoax is a prime example of that. Just look at all of the fools out there wearing a face diaper mask. They are nothing more than a bunch of followers. They all think that their politicians and the media has their interest in mind. What born fools. With Bader gone the world will go on just fine without her, thank gawd. And now Trump can get another conservative patriot on the bench. One less democratic liberal like Bader on the SC works well for me and for sure Trump. ;)

On 9/22/2020 at 4:39 PM, DogOnPorch said:

Yup, payback's a bitch. 

I see that now Pelosi is advising Biden to forego any debates!  Wow, actual good advice for the old coot.  Too bad he's got such a huge ego.  The only way he'll decline is if one of his kids slips him some ex-lax a couple of hours before show time.   They might do it for the good of the dem campaign, but no doubt the onset of some serious cramps would put him in the hospital.

Call me weird, but perhaps the best way to get rid of the bloviating and otherwise overly long winded answers during a debate would be to have mandatory Ex-Lax doses taken at the start of the first question.  It would be the quickest debate in history, and I suspect there would be a whole lot more agreeing just to move things along.  I'm sure everything would come out okay.  :rolleyes:

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, sharkman said:

Yup, payback's a bitch. 

I see that now Pelosi is advising Biden to forego any debates!  Wow, actual good advice for the old coot.  Too bad he's got such a huge ego.  The only way he'll decline is if one of his kids slips him some ex-lax a couple of hours before show time.   They might do it for the good of the dem campaign, but no doubt the onset of some serious cramps would put him in the hospital.

Call me weird, but perhaps the best way to get rid of the bloviating and otherwise overly long winded answers during a debate would be to have mandatory Ex-Lax doses taken at the start of the first question.  It would be the quickest debate in history, and I suspect there would be a whole lot more agreeing just to move things along.  I'm sure everything would come out okay.  :rolleyes:

Trump should first ask "where am I today" Biden as to where and what day it is.It would be interesting to see what his answer would be.  :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Shark....longtime!

They say Biden will get yea olde plague any minute now to avoid Trump. 

Trump did his thing in Virginia. That was one big crowd. No ANTIFA types I noted. Probably for the best.

Yeah, long time.  I've lurked here occasionally but post pretty rarely these days.  

The more I hear about Ginsburg, the more I think she deserves to be replaced under Trump.  She first got cancer around 2009 when she was 76.  She had several years under Obama when he controlled the Senate, to retire and ensure someone of her own leftist leanings replaced her.  3 other Justices have done this in recent history.  But not Ruth,  so now it is what it is(as I'm sure others have pointed out).

The Republicans control the Senate, and they get to vote in a replacement.  The majority rules, that's the reality, and all of the whining and panty twisting by the Dems is not going to change that simple fact.

So instead the left will incite more riots and the MSM will fan the flames by sticking microphones and cameras into the faces of criminals to let them vent.  If the borders were open, I wouldn't go anywhere near US cities in November or December.  I fear it will get much worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Yeah, long time.  I've lurked here occasionally but post pretty rarely these days.  

This place goes in waves. Sometimes here....sometimes not....for a long or short period. As BC-2004 and I joke...sort of like Devil's Island and Papillion. 

hqdefault.jpg.jpeg

"I'm still alive you BASTARDS!"

As for getting worse. I fully expect at least a one battle Civil War. I doubt there'll be a second battle...

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Infidel Dog said:

As mentioned on Shady's profile Trump has announced his supreme court justice nominee to replace RBG - Amy Coney Barrett.

Excellent choice, I think:

One more great conservative on the Supreme Court. A victory for conservatives and conservatism. A loss for the demorats. Works for me. :D

When "dictator" FDR (Democrat) tried to pack the Supreme Court...and failed:

Roosevelt got no Supreme Court appointments in his first term. But in the 1936 election, he won re-election with more than 60% of the vote and carried the Electoral College 523-8 — a landslide by any measure. The Democrats held a stunning 74 seats in the Senate to the Republicans’ 17, and ruled the House of Representatives by a margin of 334-88.

Thwarted by the Supreme Court, and frustrated by the thwarting, Roosevelt in 1937 proposed legislation that would have added a new justice for each one over the age of 70. Six justices were over 70, so the law would have let Roosevelt transform the court immediately.

The Republicans had no chance of stopping the court-packing plan. Yet remarkably, many Democrats objected, suggesting that Roosevelt was trying to change the balance of power and make himself a dictator. With Adolf Hitler having come to power in Germany, the charge resonated.

https://www.startribune.com/fdr-even-at-his-pinnacle-of-power-could-not-pack-the-court/572605672/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...