TRUMP vs MCCAIN Being Brought Up Again By The DESPERADOS!

You know things aren't that cozy with the leftists when they start resurrecting lies.  It's bad enough that fake news had been told in the first place - but to revive it as well?   I think they know Trump will win again.

Lol.  Leftist media have been latching on and reviving how Trump had "disparaged" the late McCain and referred to him as a "loser" for having been captured by the Vietcong.   Trump is of course being portrayed as someone who has contempt for McCain's military service. 

BUT.......what they're not telling you is what made Trump call McCain a "loser!"

Do you know?

FACT CHECK:   McCain started it by calling Trump's supporters, "crazies."  

August 31, 2018

Who Really Started the Trump-McCain Feud?

Watch cable news, and the feud is all Trump's fault.  McCain remains blameless in life and even after death.  Let's take a look at how the feud started.

Reported in The New Yorker on July 16, 2015, a few days after a Trump campaign rally held in Phoenix, in McCain's home state, McCain offered his displeasure over the rally.  "It's very bad," he said.  Going farther, "[t]his performance with our friend out in Phoenix is very hurtful to me," McCain said.  "Because what he did was he fired up the crazies."

This rally was held on Saturday, July 11, 2015, as reported by Politico.  The dates are important.

Insulting Trump-supporters is the same as insulting Trump, at least in Trump's view.  As he is hardwired to do, when insulted, he hits back.

In Iowa, a week later, on July 18, 2015, Trump was interviewed and delivered his response to McCain's calling Trump-supporters, and, by default, Trump himself, "crazy."  Trump said, "He's not a war hero.  He's a war hero because he was captured.  I like people who weren't captured."

The feud was off and running, but who started it?  From the dates, McCain drew first blood, and Trump responded as he always does: with a right cross.

This was much like Hillary Clinton's descriptor "deplorables" to characterize those who chose the current president over her.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/08/who_really_started_the_trumpmccain_feud.html

McCain simply got back what he dished out.    Hero or not - doesn't exempt you from getting dissed back when you insult someone!
If you throw a pie at someone, chances are he'll throw one at you, too.

• Like 1

Trump said he didnt think McCain was a hero because he was captured. He prefers his heroes to not be captured. There is video of this statement.

There are also credible, confirmed reports he called Vietnam soldiers "suckers." He likely did do to justify his own bone-spur deferments that his dad got for him. There are also credible, confirmed reports he referred to the soldiers who died in France as "losers." He prefers his heroes to not be killed in action.

There are also credible reports that this is just the tip of the iceberg. You will notice that FoxNews didn't fire the reporter who confirmed the story, as he asked them to, even though they have tried desperately to downplay it. This is because they know who her sources are and they know they are credible.

• Thanks 1

Whoa.....whoa...whoa.  

Folks......read my lips:    I'm not saying he didn't say it. :)

What they're not telling you is.............................

what made Trump call McCain a "loser!"

Do you know?

Read the article given in the OP.

Edited by betsy

McCain called Trump's supporters 'losers' ?  Does that give Trump permission to disparage McCain for BEING A PRISONER OF WAR FOR HIS COUNTRY ?

What is wrong with the Trump cult?  

baffled-look-smiley-emoticon.png

What gives McCain the exclusive rights to call people names without getting any reprisals?  What's this?  Just because he's been a POW, he can disparage people whenever he choose - people he doesn't agree with - and, no one should call him out?

Thanks for providing EXHIBIT A. yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

That's what's wrong with the leftist mentality.  Especially the anti-Trumps.   They're IRRATIONAL! :lol:

Trump needs  permission?  Are you for real?    Who needs permission to face a bully? 

No matter if you're a POW - whoever you are - if you're an a**hole - people can call you out.

Moral of the story:  Don't be an a**hole!  Especially when you've been a POW. giggle.gif  Because.....some people can really work on that. animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by betsy

Lol.   What did McCain fight and suffered for (as a POW).............

....................when he was unable to  respect  Trump supporters for  exercising their right to choose? :rolleyes:

Fine.   You don't agree with their choice.   You hate Trump.  But, why disparage those people?

Let this serve as a lesson to soldiers out there.   Don't wreck your legacy!  Just because you're dead doesn't mean your stink can't get resurrected!

Thanks to the twisted anti-Trumpers - your memory can't be left alone.  See?   We're talking about this again.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

There are also credible, confirmed reports he called Vietnam soldiers "suckers."

FAKE NEWS!

Sources dispute claim Trump nixed visit to military cemetery over disdain for slain veterans, but back up parts of Atlantic report

Sources said they never heard Trump call war dead 'losers' or 'suckers;' other details remain in dispute

One of the sources who refuted the Atlantic's reporting is not a fan of Trump. Both sources said that Trump was upset about not being able to go to Aisne-Marne and said they had never heard Trump refer to war dead at Aisne-Marne or in the battle of Bellau Wood as "losers" or "suckers."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-didnt-cancel-visit-to-american-military-cemetery-in-france-over-disdain-for-slain-veterans-sources-say

Edited by betsy

There are also credible, confirmed reports he called Vietnam soldiers "suckers." He likely did do to justify his own bone-spur deferments that his dad got for him. There are also credible, confirmed reports he referred to the soldiers who died in France as "losers." He prefers his heroes to not be killed in action.

Here's a news article published in 2018:

Trump visit to US cemetery in France canceled due to rain

By JILL COLVINNovember 11, 2018

The White House cited weather concerns for the cancellation but the decision isn't sitting well with some European observers.

President Donald Trump was scheduled to take a 30-minute helicopter ride from Paris to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial in Belleau, France.

I can say.......just shows you that he didn't say anything of the sort!

You think that kind of statement wouldn't dominate that news in 2018 instead of just that cancelled HELICOPTER ride? icon_lol.gif

You will notice that FoxNews didn't fire the reporter who confirmed the story, as he asked them to, even though they have tried desperately to downplay it. This is because they know who her sources are and they know they are credible.

Cite the link.   Who's this so-called reporter? 

Are you referring to Jennifer Griffin? yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

This:

Fox News Correspondent: Two Top Officials Who Were on France Trip With Trump ‘Confirmed to Me Key Details’ of Atlantic Report

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-correspondent-two-top-officials-who-were-on-france-trip-with-trump-confirmed-to-me-key-details-of-atlantic-report/

What did she confirm?   Show us! animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lol.   Did she confirm the accuracy of the claims by those two?  No!

Trump never said those.   You know how I know that's true?   Because......nothing of the sort was ever reported in 2018!

Edited by betsy

All these "claims" are coming out now - only weeks before the election!  Lol.

All's not well with the Dems.  

Trump erases Joe Biden’s five-point lead in Texas, polls show

https://nypost.com/2020/09/06/joe-bidens-five-point-lead-in-texas-polls-has-vanished/

They're on desperate mode!

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Don't tell me what to think.

When I say one I do not refer to you. I am referring to the ones who can stay calm and rational, while others are losing it. Those who might pause for a moment to think before speaking, about who they might hurt next. And those who have a more compassionate ethic, not condemning. Judging, yes. Eternal condemnation, no.

My way of saying this earlier was far more compact and convenient.

Monmouth Poll: Trump Is Closing the Gap in Pennsylvania

September 2, 2020

Now, at the start of September, that gap has halved, and Biden leads by only a little more than four points in the RCP average. A new survey from Monmouth University suggests that, among likely voters, that margin could be even smaller.

This change in survey data from Pennsylvania mirrors an overall shift in the battleground states as, over the last five or six weeks, Biden’s commanding lead has steadily shrunk.

In the overall RCP average of polling in the top battlegrounds — Arizona, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, North Carolina, and Wisconsin — Biden’s advantage has dropped from a more than six-point lead in late July to a lead of about 2.5 percent today.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/monmouth-poll-trump-is-closing-the-gap-in-pennsylvania/

Edited by betsy

OH BOY! 

No wonder these things about Trump have been resurrected by the DEMS!   It's really out of desperation, folks!

Rasmussen Blows the Whistle on “National Poll Suppression” as Trump Closes the Gap

August 31, 2020

President Donald Trump is overtaking Joe Biden, but you’d never know that because the polls containing this information are being hidden.

According to Rasmussen, one of America’s most popular polling firms, there is actual evidence pointing to the fact that Trump is doing far better than the media portray but this is being withheld from the public.

Rasmussen posted a screenshot of Real Clear Politics polling averages. Normally, these are updated every week and without fail, but as of this moment, they’re still showing older numbers.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/08/31/poll-suppression-trump/

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I am referring to the ones who can stay calm and rational, while others are losing it.

The Trump cult is built on irrationality, hypocrisy and flouting of conventions of civility.  If you want to stay calm and rational, I recommend going to a church to say the rosary.  There are important things afoot, and some of us get upset about it.

• Like 1

It’s sad that journalism has become gossiping.   “It sounds like something he’d say” isn’t real journalism and has never been used as a determining factor as to whether something is true or not, and should never be.  Now or in the future after Trump.  

But as usual, Never Trumpers don’t care which institutions they erode or destroy.  Or which bad precedents they set.  The ends justifies the means when it comes to attacking Trump.  No matter if you have to burn the whole village down while doing it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

There are important things afoot, and some of us get upset about it.

Seems you people are made upset about almost everything these days. Nothing bad of real importance has occurred under Trump so far, imo.

Do let me know when something significant occurs.

29 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Nothing bad of real importance has occurred under Trump so far, imo.

2. Do let me know when something significant occurs.

1. This is unbelievably incorrect, but if it were true, it would still be an indictment.

2. You may as well go back to sleep, nothing bothers you.

17 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Joe Biden attended mass and visited the cemetery where his war hero son is buried. Trump played golf and made fun of Biden at the cemetary.

If Joe wins, there will be plenty of opportunity for new American war heroes. Cemetery, btw.