How do I buy a Police cruiser and hide it from plain sight?

Thinking about the NS tragic news these days and now blame shifting to the Police not issuing a proper alert on time, it makes me wonder what is wrong with the whole investigation.

How on Earth do you buy a police cruiser, put all decals on it, register it (or not) and then hide it from your family so you can attack the neighbors when they least expect it?

Didn't that guy have a wife?   A friend who knew about the cruiser?  Maybe he used the services of a local sign design studio to get all decals printed and put on the car?

Were all those people sleeping at the wheel?

And why would one now blame the Police about not issuing an alert, which would have been out at a time when most are asleep anyways.

Getting sick and tired of being fed BS, half truths , speculations and manipulations.

Anybody could buy a white Ford Taurus from a dealer as a service/fleet vehicle or for personal use until last year.   Ford stopped production of the Taurus in 2019.   Governments also sell used police cruisers stripped of their decals and cop gear at auctions and other outlets, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

2018-ford-taurus-sel-white-platinum-meta

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Governments also sell used police cruisers stripped of their decals

Without the decals I would not call the vehicle a police cruiser.  So the question remains.  How can a married person have one and store it somewhere without anyone knowing or noticing?

I know how...it is impossible.    So why not go after those who knew and never alerted Police, instead of going after police over some alert that was unlikely to change anything.

20 minutes ago, cougar said:

Without the decals I would not call the vehicle a police cruiser.  So the question remains.  How can a married person have one and store it somewhere without anyone knowing or noticing?

I know how...it is impossible.    So why not go after those who knew and never alerted Police, instead of going after police over some alert that was unlikely to change anything.

I do wonder about his wife. There must have been some signs. However, being interested in crime investigations, I've seen it time and time again, where a wife was totally unaware that her husband was a serial killer and at times, for years! Love is blind? Many had rented storage spaces that the spouse was unaware of.

I do not understand why an alert was not sent out like amber alerts are. I have had a few that have been sent late night/early morning for kids abducted that live hours away from me! You would think this would have been done. I seen the news interview with the husband that lost his wife in this tragedy and he is asking why the alert was not sent. He said, had he known all the details earlier, his wife would be alive still! Were you aware of this?

7 minutes ago, Teena said:

I seen the news interview with the husband that lost his wife in this tragedy and he is asking why the alert was not sent. He said, had he known all the details earlier, his wife would be alive still! Were you aware of this?

Yes.  And he may well be right about his wife.  My point is, if whoever knew about the police cruiser alerted the police, the person might have prevented much of the massacre.  Since he or she did not, I find them responsible.

If Police issued their alert that night, maybe that particular nurse would have survived, but another person would have died.  The killer had the same amount of time at his hands; whether he killed one person in that time or another, I do not think this matters much in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by cougar

Just now, cougar said:

Yes.  And he may well be right about his wife.  My point is, if whoever knew about the police cruiser alerted the police, the person might have prevented much of the massacre.  Sine he or she did not, I find them responsible.

If Police issued their alert that night, maybe that particular nurse would have survived, but another person would have died.  The killer had the same amount of time at his hands; whether he killed one person in that time or another, I do not think this matters much in the grand scheme of things.

He may have have had the car hidden and no one knew. I'm thinking this is the reason. Who knows? 

An alert should have been sent. It would have been the responsible and right thing to do! I would feel like that husband right now and be very upset. She was also pregnant. Many would have appreciated that message! Even if it only saved one life! 

1 minute ago, Teena said:

He may have have had the car hidden and no one knew. I'm thinking this is the reason. Who knows?

For one, I know he did not have the printing capabilities to make those decals on his own.  Dentures and decals are not the same thing!  Someone knew!

Just now, cougar said:

For one, I know he did not have the printing capabilities to make those decals on his own.  Dentures and decals are not the same thing!  Someone knew!

Well I hope that we the public get all the details. If someone knew what he was up too, then yes they are partly responsible. We never knew why the Vegas shooter did it. His girlfriend said she had no clue. No one knows? 

8 hours ago, cougar said:

You can buy scaled police/RCMP decal sets on the interwebs...people use them for car models.   Just blow them up and print them at full scale.

I don't think it is illegal to own fake decals...but using them in public to impersonate is illegal.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/post-3815-0-47767200-1341453409.jpg

9 hours ago, Teena said:

I do wonder about his wife. There must have been some signs

I have not heard a single word about a wife except for a reddit post several days ago which said his first victims were his ex-wife and her boyfriend at the boyfriend's house. The post also said he chased his daughter and her boyfriend next door and then killed them and the next door neighbours. Don't know how accurate any of it is, but if he had a wife and she was alive I would have thought we'd have heard her mentioned. I have heard zero mention of family.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

He was a fanboy with money. The police have a number of them. They listen in on police radios, where they can, and buy police memorabilia. The worst ones outfit their cars like unmarked police vehicles with light bars in the windows and behind the grille, and buy fake badges on the internet. Building a replica police car is likely not illegal. Driving it would be, however. As is wearing a police uniform, which he also managed to obtain somehow.

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, Argus said:

I have not heard a single word about a wife except for a reddit post several days ago which said his first victims were his ex-wife and her boyfriend at the boyfriend's house. The post also said he chased his daughter and her boyfriend next door and then killed them and the next door neighbours. Don't know how accurate any of it is, but if he had a wife and she was alive I would have thought we'd have heard her mentioned. I have heard zero mention of family.

Hey Argus, you are correct. There is no wife. Not sure how that all got started? There is an ex involved and I think he killed her and the new boyfriend. Thanks :)

12 minutes ago, Teena said:

Not sure how that all got started?:)

I read somewhere he was married and this is why I believed someone knew of his vehicle months or years earlier.  

Sometimes you read things and before you know it, they change.  Like they first reported the shooter was in custody; then they changed it to the shooter was dead. 

Go figure what happened.

This was a massive Fail by the RCMP. 

Apparently EX-Pat Americans were warned there was a guy in a Cop Car going around killing people on their phones by the US Consulate but not the public in general. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/u-s-citizens-in-nova-scotia-were-sent-additional-warning-during-deadly-rampage-1.4907139

It's good for them, most of the country is pre-occupied with being told to stay at home, because this is a huge example of incompetence. 

13 hours ago, cougar said:

Called  a garage. :)

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why ?    Isn't it standard procedure to use American social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter) to inform the Canadian public about active shooters ?

Using an Amber Alert after 10PM just makes them mad !

Getting one about a someone missing across the other end of the city would be annoying. 

Getting one about someone posing as a cop, killing people would be highly informative. 

20 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

We can't judge them because we were not there. Unless you were in their boots on the ground during a chaotic action, wait for the completion of the investigation.

This is why they have action on drills, that are all the same and all standard for big cities and small towns, someone did not follow proto call, and thats on them to answer for. This lack of attention to detail may have cost some lives. 

In SK we have an emergency alarm phone system that blares a signal into your cell phone and television and dials your land line.   Does NS not have such????  If it exists and was not used, IMHO that is a serious breach of responsibility.   On the other hand, I can see the police reticence to do this, makes every cop an untrusted entity and potential target.

8 minutes ago, cannuck said:

In SK we have an emergency alarm phone system that blares a signal into your cell phone and television and dials your land line.   Does NS not have such????  If it exists and was not used, IMHO that is a serious breach of responsibility.   On the other hand, I can see the police reticence to do this, makes every cop an untrusted entity and potential target.

NS has phone Alert, RCMP were slow in using it, apparently afraid they'd be swamped with calls and miss the important ones telling them where the shooter was shooting next. Not sure how that reasoning will play in hindsight. 

There was no wife/ex but an argument with longterm girlfriend at a party, took her home, tied her up. She escaped, hid in the bush and survived, and he started his rampage at the party they had left - killed them all, burned the house down ... and carried on from there.

There were red flags with this guy, domestic violence, an assault, banned from firearms ... but who ever knows that someone would explode like this! 

4 minutes ago, jacee said:

NS has phone Alert, RCMP were slow in using it, apparently afraid they'd be swamped with calls and miss the important ones telling them where the shooter was shooting next. Not sure how that reasoning will play in hindsight. 

There was no wife/ex but an argument with longterm girlfriend at a party, took her home, tied her up. She escaped, hid in the bush and survived, and he started his rampage at the party they had left - killed them all, burned the house down ... and carried on from there.

There were red flags with this guy, domestic violence, an assault, banned from firearms ... but who ever knows that someone would explode like this! 

But the US Ex-Pats were warned. The only warning the public at large got would have been if they were on Twitter. 

He was killing people all night. I've gotten amber alerts for a missing person an hour away from where I live while I'm sleeping. How can this not justify a notice that there's an armed and dangerous person posing as a police officer killing people. Sure it would cause panic, but panic was warranted.

Maybe I'd call 911 if a cop came to my door instead of answering it like I would normally. 

Edited by Boges

22 minutes ago, Boges said:

But the US Ex-Pats were warned. The only warning the public at large got would have been if they were on Twitter. 

He was killing people all night. I've gotten amber alerts for a missing person an hour away from where I live while I'm sleeping. How can this not justify a notice that there's an armed and dangerous person posing as a police officer killing people. Sure it would cause panic, but panic was warranted.

Maybe I'd call 911 if a cop came to my door instead of answering it like I would normally. 

I'm not defending it, just saying that was the RCMP rationale for not sending the alert. No doubt there will be counts of victims who died in the hour they delayed the alert, up until they killed him. The Alert would have described a vehicle that he was no longer driving. 

Edited by jacee