How do I buy a Police cruiser and hide it from plain sight?

1 minute ago, jacee said:

I'm not defending it, just saying that was the RCMP rationale for not sending the alert. No doubt there will be counts of victims who died in the hour they delayed the alert, up until they killed him. The Alert would have described a vehicle that he was no longer driving. 

But they knew he was posing as a cop. 

Who cares if people are going to be confused about real cops. They needed to know something was wrong. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

But they knew he was posing as a cop. 

Who cares if people are going to be confused about real cops. They needed to know something was wrong. 

I agree. People would have stayed inside. 

I think cops were more focused on info to help catch him. May have been the wrong choice.

MANY questions! Eg, Did the people at the party call the cops when he dragged his girlfriend out of there? Did any of them check on her? Were they used to just ignoring his abusive behaviour? Did they just stay and party until he came back and killed them all? 

Many questions, not all for the police but for those who knew him too.  

15 hours ago, Boges said:

But the US Ex-Pats were warned. The only warning the public at large got would have been if they were on Twitter. 

He was killing people all night. I've gotten amber alerts for a missing person an hour away from where I live while I'm sleeping. How can this not justify a notice that there's an armed and dangerous person posing as a police officer killing people. Sure it would cause panic, but panic was warranted.

Maybe I'd call 911 if a cop came to my door instead of answering it like I would normally. 

The RCMP on the ground did not know the killer was posing as a member nor that he was driving a fake police cruiser until just after 8AM in the morning - hours after the killings began and shortly before he killed Constable Stevenson, burned his vehicle and hers, shot a passerby and stole his vehicle. 

Issuing an Emergency Alert is a decision made by command not by the officers involved in the chase who were doing their level best in a rural area with many back roads over a widespread area under very trying and confusing circumstances.  I for one am not about to question nor reprove them. 

Bless the people of Nova Scotia.  My thoughts are with them in their time of mourning.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mowich said:

The RCMP on the ground did not know the killer was posing as a member nor that he was driving a fake police cruiser until just after 8AM in the morning - hours after the killings began and shortly before he killed Constable Stevenson, burned his vehicle and hers, shot a passerby and stole his vehicle. 

Issuing an Emergency Alert is a decision made by command not by the officers involved in the chase who were doing their level best in a rural area with many back roads over a widespread area under very trying and confusing circumstances.  I for one am not about to question nor reprove them. 

Bless the people of Nova Scotia.  My thoughts are with them in their time of mourning.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.5543921/alerting-people-about-gunman-s-fake-police-car-sooner-may-have-saved-lives-rcmp-commissioner-says-1.5544407

So that there was a possibility that the public could have been alerted earlier.

Yes, there's a possibility.

Six people were killed in the intervening time. 

Hindsight is 20-20, but I would say an Alert should have gone out after the initial attack, as soon as the RCMP realized that the shooter was not in the area they had locked down, but still on the loose, armed and dangerous, whereabouts unknown at that time.  

An intriguing/horrifying possibility exists in a single report that "a car" exited that initial attack site through a field. It may have looked like a police car, thus not drawn attention among the cruisers on site at that time. 

Edited by jacee

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 9:33 AM, jacee said:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.5543921/alerting-people-about-gunman-s-fake-police-car-sooner-may-have-saved-lives-rcmp-commissioner-says-1.5544407

So that there was a possibility that the public could have been alerted earlier.

Yes, there's a possibility.

Six people were killed in the intervening time. 

Hindsight is 20-20, but I would say an Alert should have gone out after the initial attack, as soon as the RCMP realized that the shooter was not in the area they had locked down, but still on the loose, armed and dangerous, whereabouts unknown at that time.  

An intriguing/horrifying possibility exists in a single report that "a car" exited that initial attack site through a field. It may have looked like a police car, thus not drawn attention among the cruisers on site at that time. 

An alert may very well have prevented some deaths but as I mentioned that was up to the RCMP command - not the officers of the ground who did as best they could in awful circumstances.