Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I never heard of NPR before. That was a very informative article.

I looked on their home page. One of the main stories is "People are worried now because Duterte was just given emergency powers". 

Coronavirus has killed 35 people there so far. 

Ummmmmmmmmm.....

Spanish military are finding seniors in care homes abandoned; some are dead in their beds.   Over 39,000 cases, 2,700 dead.  12% of their health care workers test positive for Covid-19.  Perhaps Duterte hopes to avoid that.  

Seems part of these sweeping powers includes compensating health care workers who get sick with the virus, and helping poor people.  This strikes me as more humane than the "old people wanna die to save the economy" message offered by a certain American politician.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I get that it's publicly funded, but they don't seem like lackeys for the Dems, the way the CBC is for the Libs.

The CBC or CNN would never issue a headline as accurate and on point as the following for a Conservative/GOP leader:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 6.28.39 PM.png

Where's the link to this?

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I get NPR on Sirius in my vehicle.  It's probably the most listened to station, along with the BBC World Service.

For sure...state-controlled broadcasters rock.

Hey did you happen to see a link laying around West's post somewhere? 

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

For sure...state-controlled broadcasters rock.

Hey did you happen to see a link laying around West's post somewhere? 

Dude, I'll give any "news source" a try. I've watched CNN, CBC, CTV, MSNBC, Global, City, NBC, PBS, Fox, etc. You can't get any worse than CBC, CTV and CNN, so what's the harm in giving a news source a chance?

16 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Spanish military are finding seniors in care homes abandoned; some are dead in their beds.   Over 39,000 cases, 2,700 dead.  12% of their health care workers test positive for Covid-19.  Perhaps Duterte hopes to avoid that.  

Seems part of these sweeping powers includes compensating health care workers who get sick with the virus, and helping poor people.  This strikes me as more humane than the "old people wanna die to save the economy" message offered by a certain American politician.

I'm just saying that Duterte has killed quite a few more than covid at this point in time. 

Covid: "We got 35. We're gonna be #1."

Duterte: "Oh please bitch, that's a Monday morning."

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, I'll give any "news source" a try. I've watched CNN, CBC, CTV, MSNBC, Global, City, NBC, PBS, Fox, etc. You can't get any worse than CBC, CTV and CNN, so what's the harm in giving a news source a chance?

You tell me.

"One of the biggest problems we're facing now is panic. You see it in the stock market. You see it in panic buying," he says. "All of this panic could have been prevented. ... If the president had been working since January to get the organs of government ready for this, we as citizens could have been calmed down knowing that the people that we trust to protect us are doing that."

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/24/820601571/all-of-this-panic-could-have-been-prevented-author-max-brooks-on-covid-19

Sounds like any old CBC Deepstate lackey could have written this.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

LA County Sheriff: Gun Shops Are Not 'Essential' And Must Immediately Shut Down

NPR

Let's face it, if you haven't already got one, what are you gonna do with one? 

Shoot your dog, probably.  Or your kid.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

gettyimages-1214580609_wide-eb4c475ab41af5473922504a1ba6a87ae578a14d-s1600-c85.jpg

Jeez if looks could kill.  Fauci sure looks like he's mocking Trump...on a public funded state controlled broadcast? This place has Deepstate written all over it.. 

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I deem my tactical threat to be practically nil at this juncture, so mine are close to hand, by I am still at DEFCON 5

The main threat in my area is still from meth zombies, not neighbours trying to get my huge stash of toilet paper.

We have lots of hand sanitizer to go with even more shotgun shells.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The main threat in my area is still from meth zombies, not neighbours trying to get my huge stash of toilet paper.

We have lots of hand sanitizer to go with even more shotgun shells.

It's a ghost town around here, I just took my dogs out for a walk around the neighborhood and there's literally nobody on the streets

So would be a bad time to commit a crime round here since every cop in town is standing by and they only take about two minutes to respond out here

Even weapons tight, I'm always at less than two minutes notice to launch on warning when I'm in my house

If there is contact, the training will take over

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...most of PBS/NPR funding comes from fees paid by donations and foundations from the public.

The stations run funding drives to solicit contributions from individuals.

Yes but aside from its funding, is what the state DOES with the NPR the same?  It's not a member of the destroy Trump media mob Deepstate the CBC is part of - and you can let your hearts be untroubled?