Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There's that viral spikiness again. - just so desperate to infect  You can't expect Wes to self-isolate so...maybe this would work.

image.jpeg.1a0ac37bc7c1be5f8e3ec85f4733b654.jpeg

It's the PM who publicly downplays the importance of social distancing, and then only employs it sporadically eyeball. I already laid that out for you in painstaking detail. 

I get that you do not understand that so I'll cut you some slack, much in the same way Chris Rock would give you a break if you double-dribbled in a basketball game.

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, you've got a lot of illustrating to do to make the case where and how the differences in our situations add up to such disparate results.

Population.  Population density.  Number of points of entry.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Canada is larger than the US, with 1/10 the population. We don't have as many people using subways and other forms of mass transit as they do in the States so Coronavirus doesn't spread as quickly here, but in the end it is guaranteed that Trudeau's failure will cost lives. It's mathematically impossible for it not to.

Sounds like all you're saying is that Trump failed to take America's larger size into account.  If the size of a nation and its population is such an important factor that directly accelerates this virus' spreads there should be scholarly articles written on the topic that indicate where how and why this occurs.  Do you have anything like that or perhaps you're writing one up and presenting it for peer review.

Personally I'll be looking for peer reviewed articles in the future that correlate how concerns over partisan issues like China's governments disdain for the seriousness of this virus translated into spreading it farther and faster for example. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

And how is it that America failed to take something so obvious into account?

That makes no sense.  You can stop or account for population density.  It’s just a reality, in which a virus can spread faster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's the PM who publicly downplays the importance of social distancing,

You mean by demonstrating it himself as an example for Canadians to follow?

and then only employs it sporadically eyeball. I already laid that out for you in painstaking detail.

All you're doing is lambasting him for doing exactly what we're all being told to do. 

I get that you do not understand that so I'll cut you some slack, much in the same way Chris Rock would give you a break if you double-dribbled in a basketball game.

See there you go again, sticking out your spikes hoping you'll find something to stick to.

Thank God you're such a useless ineffectual little virus.

Edited by eyeball

13 minutes ago, Shady said:

That makes no sense.  You can stop or account for population density.

Hmmm....

It’s just a reality, in which a virus can spread faster.

You're saying Trump has no experience with reality? Reality is what he did before he was President.  It makes no sense he wouldn't take reality into account.

At ten times our size America also has 10 times the number of experts, scientists and advisors advising the President to things like reality...and they all missed the importance of their size?  How?

Edited by eyeball

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sounds like all you're saying is that Trump failed to take America's larger size into account.  If the size of a nation and its population is such an important factor that directly accelerates this virus' spreads there should be scholarly articles written on the topic that indicate where how and why this occurs.  Do you have anything like that or perhaps you're writing one up and presenting it for peer review.

Personally I'll be looking for peer reviewed articles in the future that correlate how concerns over partisan issues like China's governments disdain for the seriousness of this virus translated into spreading it farther and faster for example. 

Nope. He took everything into account, 45 days faster than Trudeau. The US isn't so much larger than Canada that he needed to do everything on a different scale. 

Trump did it so fast that he was accused by the MSM, and people like you, of doing things that were unnecessary at the time he did them. Now that you guys finally understand that what he did was correct you're trying to say that he didn't do it early enough. You gave Trudeau a pass at both times, and you have never explained why t was ok for Trudeau to fail in that regard. 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The US isn't so much larger than Canada that he needed to do everything on a different scale. 

That certainly isn't what Shady is saying.

Trump did it so fast that he was accused by the MSM, and people like you, of doing things that were unnecessary at the time he did them. Now that you guys finally understand that what he did was correct you're trying to say that he didn't do it early enough. You gave Trudeau a pass at both times, and you have never explained why t was ok for Trudeau to fail in that regard. 

Okay I admit I did LMAO when Trump blamed his political opposition for spreading pandemic panic and I'm afraid I have no explanation for why Trudeau didn't see the necessity of doing that and follow suit immediately.  That he still hasn't blamed Scheer must be very troubling to you. 

Edited by eyeball

14 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You mean by demonstrating it himself as an example for Canadians to follow?

All you're doing is lambasting him for doing exactly what we're all being told to do. 

See there you go again, sticking out your spikes hoping you'll find something to stick to.

Thank God you're such a useless ineffectual little virus.

You're intentionally pleading ignorance just so that you don't have to answer for why Trudeau failed Canadians. No one is as dumb as you're pretending to be.

Trudeau failed to distance us from the pandemic. That is a proven fact.

Trudeau claimed that distancing us from the pandemic was the wrong thing to do. That's in video format the OP. 

Trudeau came to the social distancing conclusion 45 days after Trump. That's a proven fact.

Trudeau is now hiding in his basement instead of being a leader because he claims that his wife has covid, but in any event we all agree that he never bothered to get tested and he's now isolating himself from the world. 

I have facts, you are just hiding behind feigned ignorance. No one can read and write in english as well as you do and yet be as dumb as you're pretending to be. Can you really not piece this together? Honestly eyeball? 

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Okay I......

Don't want to address this part?

Trump did it so fast that he was accused by the MSM, and people like you, of doing things that were unnecessary at the time he did them. Now that you guys finally understand that what he did was correct you're trying to say that he didn't do it early enough. You gave Trudeau a pass at both times, and you have never explained why t was ok for Trudeau to fail in that regard. 

I don't blame you. Trump took action, Trudeau didn't take action until his own family was affected.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

I think it's more a case of no one pretending to be as smart as you.

I'm not saying that you need to be a genius eyeball. You just have to admit that Trudeau failed to take a basic precaution that is scientifically proven to save exposure to covid-19, which is therefor guaranteed to save lives. 

This is basic. Easy. Undeniable. Yet you're just desperate to defend the position that social distancing wasn't import back in January but it is now.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Hmmm....

You're saying Trump has no experience with reality? Reality is what he did before he was President.  It makes no sense he wouldn't take reality into account.

At ten times our size America also has 10 times the number of experts, scientists and advisors advising the President to things like reality...and they all missed the importance of their size?  How?

You’re not making any sense.  

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Do the math...Canada has a higher mortality rate than the U.S. as of yesterday.

Hmm. Maybe you should do the math yourself. I don't think you did it right the first time. US rate appears to be more than double ours.

Edited by Argus

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe math is not so strong in Canada ?

Let's look a the numbers from your cite.

Canada population 37.5 million

US population 327.2 million. You are 8.7 times bigger than us. Is that fairly clear?

Canada's deaths 23

US deaths 512 -22 times ours.

I kept things as simple as possible as you appear to be among the math challenged.

Edited by Argus

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Don't want to address this part?

I don't blame you. Trump took action, Trudeau didn't take action until his own family was affected.

We can play coulda shoulda woulda all we want and especially in hindsight.  I don't think there is a political leader in the entire world that hasn't cocked something up in their handling of this crisis including Trudeau, he should have come home from his overseas trip sooner and in hindsight sure, I think he should have closed the borders sooner. In hindsight however assuming I'm allowed to do that too, the effect and difference on the ground between Trump's actions and Trudeau's inaction don't suggest either of these really mattered as much as subsequent actions such as scorning testing or running around blaming the opposition for causing a panic.  You still haven't answered by the way if you think that leaders who don't blame the opposition for something are failing their country.  You do think it was wise for Trump to do so don't you - you support him 110% on that right?

Whatever the timing, I don't know if Trudeau didn't take action because his family was affected and neither do you. You're just assuming he did and in doing so you're completely ignoring the fact that anyone else on the planet who lives in a household with a family member who tests positive is expected to quarantine themselves as well.  Can you imagine how freaked out and horrified you'd be if Trudeau just kept walking around in public?  What you're doing is precisely what I'll be looking for when experts investigate how blind unremitting partisanship helped to spread COVID-19. Your entire shtick of putting politics first is just so fucked up beyond any and all recognition its a clear and present danger to the health and well being of people around you - putting politics first is exactly what I expect from politicians but not you not as far as Trump goes.

BTW has Trump make any mistake you're aware of or has everything he's done been as perfect and flawless as his letter?

Edited by eyeball

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Do the math...Canada has a higher mortality rate than the U.S. as of yesterday.

How can this be ?    Trudeau has the magic of universal health care, right ?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Different reporting. The mortality rate is pretty much the same with reported cases everywhere.

The US has far more reporting which also lowers the rate making it more accurate.

Anyways blaming Trumpnis as stupid as blaming Trudeau. Neither is in charge. They are just mouth pieces.

Edited by Rue
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trudeau came to the social distancing conclusion 45 days after Trump. That's a proven fact.

Okay. Good thing we have provinces that came to it. You're saying they/we all shoulda coulda waited until our glorious leader speaks up? Why? I thought you people wanted Canadians to be more self-reliant and less dependent on having their governments, especially federal and especially Liberal, telling them what to do and how to live their lives.

Just because you need to hear something that's obvious from the PM's mouth doesn't mean the rest of do.