The Coronavirus

Guest ProudConservative
2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Free markets make government more accountable, not less accountable. Communist governments are far less accountable than Capitalist governments, anyone with half a brain can see that, only left wing extremists are silly enough to claim otherwise.

Totalitarian Communists are more accountable then we ever could be? Hilarious.

Well that's obvious. The virus came from totalitarian and communist government.

Guest ProudConservative

I worry that family and friends will turn on each other when SHTF.... Remember to try and be civil, when people around you suffer the most. We all need to loose our ego's a bit.

51 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Well that's obvious. The virus came from totalitarian and communist government.

I know, and yet we still have folks on this forum who think China is the model to emulate, and it's ten feet tall while the sky is about to fall on America. Silly stuff, America Derangement Syndrome is a helluva drug.

Edited by Yzermandius19

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm quite certain market forces or more to the point a lack thereof will make China's government accountable in a way we never could. No need to rub it in when doing so will surely make this into a matter of race as opposed to matters of governance. Much of which is a fricken' mess here too. 

Many of the Chinese people I know like their government and system. They feel a duty to their state and to one another, and I sense to them this is a matter of pride. Clearly life in communist China cannot be that bad, but is certainly different from us. Doubtful that mere economic hard times would cause them to change fundamentally.

the world needs to put pressure on China to get them to step up their game on environmental, safety and quality, and get them to stand down their aggressive posture. You're either in the game and play by the rules, or f-off. That will be a good message for the Chinese.

But in order to really hurt their economy, if that's what people want to do, you have to change the attitude of the consumer towards China. People buy from local companies or retail outlets here, but they get their inventory from Chinese manufacturers. By getting people to turn away from buying things made in China, those retailers either have to close up or move their sourcing to local. So you have to get people to stop going to Giant Tiger...

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Many of the Chinese people I know like their government and system. They feel a duty to their state and to one another, and I sense to them this is a matter of pride. Clearly life in communist China cannot be that bad, but is certainly different from us.

Brainwashed Commies existing does mean Communist China can't be that bad. They have over a million Uyghurs in concentration camps, and harvest the organs of the Falun Gong. They are committing genocide as we speak, but it can't be that bad.

Stupidity Over 9000. Some people's preference for Totalitarian Government is so strong they think we should model ourselves on Genocidal Communists.

Edited by Yzermandius19

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Brainwashed Commies existing does mean Communist China can't be that bad. They have over a million Uyghurs in concentration camps, and harvest the organs of the Falun Gong. They are committing genocide as we speak, but it can't be that bad.

Stupidity Over 9000. Some people's preference for Totalitarian Government is so strong they think we should model ourselves on Genocidal Communists.

Why do you take an extreme position that throws the baby out with the bath water?  One can dislike or even hate many aspects of a country’s government while seeing the value of some of its approaches.  I’m not sure we should be welding doors shut for noncompliance to quarantine, but China has managed to tackle the virus at this point.  Very few places can claim success on this, and the countries that can have very particular situations in terms of health infrastructure and surveillance, which look quite different in a city state like Singapore versus a vast expanse of territory like Canada.  I don’t know why we’re still allowing non-essential interprovincial travel, for example.  There are 55 million N95 masks in storage in Ontario.  Every citizen should have one.  At least the adults who are buying groceries and essentials should have them and wear them. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Why do you take an extreme position that throws the baby out with the bath water?  One can dislike or even hate many aspects of a country’s government while seeing the value of some of its approaches.  I’m not sure we should be welding doors shut for noncompliance to quarantine, but China has managed to tackle the virus at this point.  Very few places can claim success on this, and the countries that can have very particular situations in terms of health infrastructure and surveillance, which look quite different in a city state like Singapore versus a vast expanse of territory like Canada.  I don’t know why we’re still allowing non-essential interprovincial travel, for example.  There are 55 million N95 masks in storage in Ontario.  Every citizen should have one.  At least the adults who are buying groceries and essentials should have them and wear them. 

Your trust in Chinese claims of having handled the virus is naive. The North Korean's haven't had a single case according to them, I bet you think they kicked Coronavirus ass too, lulz. These governments claims are not to be trusted, especially the Chinese who wouldn't even admit the virus existed for weeks after they knew about human to human transmissions, but now all of a sudden, you trust them because they tell you what you want to hear.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Your trust in Chinese claims of having handled the virus is naive. The North Korean's haven't had a single case according to them, I bet you think they kicked Coronavirus ass too, lulz. These governments claims are not to be trusted, especially the Chinese who wouldn't even admit the virus existed for weeks after they knew about human to human transmissions, but now all of a sudden, you trust them because they tell you what you want to hear.

It's just science.  When people aren't in proximity to each other, the virus can't transmit.  The Chinese seemed to make sure that didn't happen.

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It's just science.  When people aren't in proximity to each other, the virus can't transmit.  The Chinese seemed to make sure that didn't happen.

Or they lied, just like they lied through the entire process, and you're naive to trust that the virus went away, just because they say it did. North Korea says they have never even had one case came while South Korea was one of the hardest hit nations, do you believe them as well?

Maybe we should all be copying the North Korean model then we'd all have zero cases and no deaths.
:rolleyes:

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I know, and yet we still have folks on this forum who think China is the model to emulate, and it's ten feet tall while the sky is about to fall on America. Silly stuff, America Derangement Syndrome is a helluva drug.

Who has the derangement, anyone who disagrees with you? The virus came from contaminated meat. The fact you repeat PC's consistently stupid remarks only shows how easy it is to pass on unsubstantiated bullshit as fact.

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That is not however the way a virus actually evolves to a point of medical inconsequentiality. To evolve and mutate to a point where it is not lethal it has to encounter immunities not isolated from them.  So the isolation is not in the long run helpful. Itbonly delays the inevitable transmission and continued medical reactions until those mutations can evolve from transmission.

Edited by Rue

7 minutes ago, Rue said:

Who has the derangement, anyone who disagrees with you?

Those who hate America so much that think China is better, are clearly exhibiting signs of America Derangement Syndrome. Anyone whose hatred of America blinds them to many glaringly obvious realities that anyone who doesn't hate America can see very clearly, then they have ADS.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Those who hate America so much that think China is better, are clearly exhibiting signs of America Derangement Syndrome. Anyone whose hatred blinds them glaringly obvious realities that anyone who doesn't hate America can see very clearly, is deranged.

No they just have different opinions than you.

4 minutes ago, Rue said:

No they just have different opinions than you.

They have different opinions than me, but that is not why I believe they are deranged. You can disagree and not be deranged, but their critiques are so asinine that they reveal the derangement. When buying into many stupid opinions all biased against a certain party, and it is clearly fueled by blinding hatred, that is Derangement Syndrome.

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

They have different opinions than me, but that is not why I believe they are deranged. You can disagree and not be deranged, but their critiques are so asinine that they reveal the derangement. When buying into many stupid opinions all biased against a certain party, and it is clearly fueled by blinding hatred, that is Derangement Syndrome.

They are fueled by the same partisan rhetorical process you use in your latest response to me. Relax a bit man. You are quick to label others. 

As said in the other thread we'z all just engaging in gas transmission in such discussions. No one toots better than anyone else. Methane gas is methane gas. We are all contributing to global warming. I think we need to bottle it and fuel cars.

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

They are fueled by the same partisan rhetorical process you use in your latest response to me. Relax a bit man. You are quick to label others.

I admit my own partisanship, those with Derangement Syndrome are incapable of seeing their own biases, that's the difference. They pretend their hatred is based on being unbiased, and refuse to admit their own biases.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest ProudConservative

It looks like our government is creeping towards totalitarianism. I never thought I would hear this out of the liberal government. They said that pretty soon they will enforce strong penalties including fines or prison, If people don't follow their social distancing directives. At what point does Canada enter a great depression, if no ones aloud to work. If we're not careful more people could die from economic collapse then this virus.

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Just as weird as the wide-eyed hero-worshiping infatuation with the US I see from some people here.

Guest ProudConservative

The national post, which is suppose to be a conservative newspaper, is now urging the Canadian government to give every Canadian between 18 and 64, a $1000 per month. So they basically want a welfare-for-all policy. I don't mind some stimulus, but let's not be stupid and trigger hyper-inflation in our markets.

Guest ProudConservative
8 minutes ago, Argus said:

Just as weird as the wide-eyed hero-worshiping infatuation with the US I see from some people here.

In the past, I saw a lot of bashing, and ganging up on China... I just wanted to tell the other side of the story. That China has extremely impressive cities, and transportation system. I still love the Chinese people, but they need to become democratic. If China became more like Japan, I could say a lot of good things about them. China has the potential to be great, but it needs a new government. I've listen to few people on China, and they said China's golden years were around 2005 - 2013. Even China has been a dictatorship for a very long time, Civil liberties started deteriorating under Xi Jinping.

Edited by ProudConservative

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

False equivalency. It's not as weird because America is vastly superior to China, while China is run by Genocidal Communists and America is easily one of the best countries in the world to anyone who doesn't have America Derangement Syndrome.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Stupidity Over 9000. Some people's preference for Totalitarian Government is so strong they think we should model ourselves on Genocidal Communists

Hardly stupid at all to make an unbiased observation. That's how we learn about others, and how problems actually get solved. And just because I make an observation does not mean I condone it, or communism as a whole. Information is what it is.

The larger point made by me is that they won't be overthrowing their beloved government soon, whether we believe their love is sincere or not is irrelevant.

• Like 1

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Hardly stupid at all to make an unbiased observation. That's how we learn about others, and how problems actually get solved. And just because I make an observation does not mean I condone it, or communism as a whole. Information is what it is.

The larger point made by me is that they won't be overthrowing their beloved government soon, whether we believe their love is sincere or not is irrelevant.

Ah yer best yet.