ALL PUBLIC ONTARIO SCHOOLS TO CLOSE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER MARCH BREAK

2 hours ago, Rue said:

The problem with your hide until the boogy man goes away is that its not how viruses work. The virus doesn't disappear because you stay home. 

No but hiding slows it down enough that we can deal with it more effectively.

The problem of course is that doing this also slows down our economy which in some people's minds is a cure that's worse than the disease.  You've never heard of the economic boogyman known as a recession?

We've seen how desperately some people act over a few rolls of toilet paper so imagine the desperation when the supply of bankrolls gets tight.

• Like 1

I am not sure it will work but I get your point which was well stated Eye. Bottom line is it may take up to a year to develop a vaccine maybe faster and everything we do is a stop-gap. I myself watching the path of other infections and how they spread think and I know this sounds crazy we do not hide from the virus. When I was a kid, when one of us got the measles or chicken pox, the rest of the siblings were deliberately exposed to it. So we did not need vaccines. Surely if the vast majority of people getting this virus are not seriously harmed by it which appears to be the case, why not properly focus on immune deficient people not healthy people in our approach? Let people who are healthy get the damn virus. Their bodies will resist it. Right now our systems are clogged by healthy people fearing the virus wanting to be tested. Most get over it far faster than a cold or flu so why the damn obsession?

I am tempted to go out, deliberately get it and then have people watch me on you tube sit there and not be sick and I am 63. I would want to point out the only thing they have to fear is my body odour.

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Everything will work out once we see a flattening of numbers.  Then slowly some events will come back, a vaccine will be developed.  Perhaps many people get it and people die.  This has happened before, just not for a while.  The world is more crowded so the effects are amplified, but most infected people will recover.  We’ll get back to it with more wisdom and care.  It all comes back to Pasteur. This is old hat bacterial science.  We know how to handle it.  Not to worry.  

It's the Rue flu virus, and not this flu virus, that I am more worried about. It's for sure that this will all come to an end once the globalist elite bull chit has been exposed. Indeed, as the world population increases there will be more people dying from some kind of flu that seems to comes around once a year. I have been told by a friend who was talking to a pharmacist that if one wants to avoid getting this flu virus then they should go get a pneumonia vaccine shot. Apparently, it is supposed to work. But one can check this out with their pharmacist or their doctor to be sure. Hey, you never know, eh? :)  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

It's the Rue flu virus, and not this flu virus, that I am more worried about. It's for sure that this will all come to an end once the globalist elite bull chit has been exposed. Indeed, as the world population increases there will be more people dying from some kind of flu that seems to comes around once a year. I have been told by a friend who was talking to a pharmacist that if one wants to avoid getting this flu virus then they should go get a pneumonia vaccine shot. Apparently, it is supposed to work. But one can check this out with their pharmacist or their doctor to be sure. Hey, you never know, eh? :)  

The trick is to slow the spread and prioritize the treatment to those who need treatment.  That way the health systems aren’t overwhelmed.  It will settle down.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rue said:

I am not sure it will work but I get your point which was well stated Eye. Bottom line is it may take up to a year to develop a vaccine maybe faster and everything we do is a stop-gap. I myself watching the path of other infections and how they spread think and I know this sounds crazy we do not hide from the virus. When I was a kid, when one of us got the measles or chicken pox, the rest of the siblings were deliberately exposed to it. So we did not need vaccines. Surely if the vast majority of people getting this virus are not seriously harmed by it which appears to be the case, why not properly focus on immune deficient people not healthy people in our approach? Let people who are healthy get the damn virus. Their bodies will resist it. Right now our systems are clogged by healthy people fearing the virus wanting to be tested. Most get over it far faster than a cold or flu so why the damn obsession?

I am tempted to go out, deliberately get it and then have people watch me on you tube sit there and not be sick and I am 63. I would want to point out the only thing they have to fear is my body odour.

People probably have more to fear from you then just your body odor. Spell check time. It is spelled "odor" and not "odour". Is that french by chance? I am just pointing this out to you because you did the same thing for me. Call it a tit for tat thingy. ;)  

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The trick is to slow the spread and prioritize the treatment to those who need treatment.  That way the health systems aren’t overwhelmed.  It will settle down.  

The real trick is too not let the media get ones self all upset. They are well known for blowing everything way out of proportion. This constant reporting every minute of every day about this flu virus is a bit too much. The run on toilet paper in this country is unbelievable. Your panic media at work.

Yes, report the news, but don't bombard me with the same story every minute of every day. Let's try and be realistic here. Our health system is overwhelmed and overworked because of Trudeau and his present day immigration policy overload. There are just too many new immigrants being allowed to immigrate to Canada, and who knows what most of those illegal refugees are bringing into Canada these days with them. It is for sure that they are not being checked for any diseases at those illegal border entry crossings.

I cannot wait for it to settle down. Thank God that they still allow some golf games to be played on TV. Why some tournaments have been cancelled is beyond me. Golf is played outdoors. That makes no sense to me at all. ;)

2 hours ago, taxme said:

People probably have more to fear from you then just your body odor. Spell check time. It is spelled "odor" and not "odour". Is that french by chance? I am just pointing this out to you because you did the same thing for me. Call it a tit for tat thingy. ;)  

Lol..wrong again..its spelled odour in British and Canadian English... odor is the yankee version...I useBritish English as I am an  illuminati Rothchild.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Spell check time. It is spelled "odor" and not "odour". Is that french by chance?

How on Earth do you expect  the old Canada to survive if you the British/European people just sit back and allow the spelling to change right before your very eyes?

23 hours ago, Rue said:

Lol..wrong again..its spelled odour in British and Canadian English... odor is the yankee version...I useBritish English as I am an  illuminati Rothchild.

I am never wrong. I am perfect when it comes to you. I knew that you belonged in some way to that globalist elite club. So, what is the next pandemic are you and your ilk going to try and start up next? The sky is falling in? I am pretty sure that there will be plenty of people around who would believe it. Anyway, let me be the first to know, okay? ;)

But besides that, it's funny how they say that children are pretty much immune from this flu but yet they close down all the schools. I think that those who run the public school system just found themselves another excuse to not have to go to work. Hey, you never know, eh? 

23 hours ago, bcsapper said:

How on Earth do you expect  the old Canada to survive if you the British/European people just sit back and allow the spelling to change right before your very eyes?

I don't know what to think anymore. Your guess is as good as mine. They are quite the lot of people to try and figure out at times. Everything appears to be disappearing right before their very eyes but yet they just sit there all day long in a state of panic and they hope that they do not get the virus. They best hang around with kids because the last I heard was that they supposed to be immune from the virus. Get your kids toys out. Have fun with the kids. ;)

On 3/14/2020 at 9:26 AM, Rue said:

The problem with your hide until the boogy man goes away is that its not how viruses work. The virus doesn't disappear because you stay home. 

Someone hasn't been watching the news. 

The self isolation thing isn't an effort to eliminate the virus. It's an attempt to ensure that we all don't get it at once and have hundreds of people dying a day like in Italy. 

Edited by Boges

We have to keep a grip on perspective. This is more serious than the flu but it is not the Black Death. I am going out for supper with my son on Saturday. The question arises is it safe to go to a restaurant? In a city of 260,000, we have one case of covid-19 and possibly 3 we don't know about yet. The chances of coming in contact with the virus on Saturday night are almost nil. 

OTOH, even if you do catch it, either you don't get sick, you get sick for a couple of unpleasant weeks or, in rare cases, you need hospitalization. Almost nobody dies. 

Thank you Rue for your insight and Taxme for the comic relief.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 7:13 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

We have to keep a grip on perspective. This is more serious than the flu but it is not the Black Death. I am going out for supper with my son on Saturday. The question arises is it safe to go to a restaurant? In a city of 260,000, we have one case of covid-19 and possibly 3 we don't know about yet. The chances of coming in contact with the virus on Saturday night are almost nil. 

OTOH, even if you do catch it, either you don't get sick, you get sick for a couple of unpleasant weeks or, in rare cases, you need hospitalization. Almost nobody dies. 

Thank you Rue for your insight and Taxme for the comic relief.

If you still have restaurants open to be able to go out for dinner you are dam lucky. All the restaurants here in Vancouver are all shut down. Just junk food drive thru restaurants are open. But I am still waiting for the day when all the buses and trains are shut down. Talk about spreading the plague, oops, I mean the flu. :D

1 minute ago, taxme said:

If you still have restaurants open to be able to go out for dinner you are dam lucky. All the restaurants here in Vancouver are all shut down. Just junk food drive thru restaurants are open. But I am still waiting for the day when all the buses and trains are shut down. Talk about spreading the plague, oops, I mean the flu. :D

I wrote that niave piece after having spent 3 weeks in a cabin in the Kootenays. I can't believe I was so out of touch. (Thousand of others can.:D)

We did not go out for supper and I am now hunkered down at home wishing I was back in my cabin for the duration.

• 2 months later...