Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's an interesting federal vs. state's right exercise.

Maybe Trump's strategy is to force the governors to admit that they are primarily responsible for their states COVID actions instead of it being a federal domain.  

Can't have it both ways.....CNN wanted Trump to order a national shutdown.

Exactly!  They pick and choose when they want Trump to ignore the constitution.  It was just yesterday that they were complaining about Trump not forcing all states into a lockdown.  These people are completely deranged.

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's an interesting federal vs. state's right exercise.

Maybe Trump's strategy is to force the governors to admit that they are primarily responsible for their states COVID actions instead of it being a federal domain.  

Can't have it both ways.....CNN wanted Trump to order a national shutdown.

Nor can Trump. He can't wash his hands of assisting states with things like PPE then threaten to enforce a Nation-wide repeal of Stay-at-Home orders.

I do recognize the irony in the Media wanting Trump to declare a National Stay-at-Home order but freaking out if he declares that all State National Stay-at-Home orders be repealed. 

I do think Canada has it right here. The Feds are dictating anything that's no in their purview. They obviously control international travel, federal employment assistance and ensuring healthcare is consistent nationally. 

I personally look to the Province for more guidance on COVID-19 than I do the Feds. 

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Exactly!  They pick and choose when they want Trump to ignore the constitution.  It was just yesterday that they were complaining about Trump not forcing all states into a lockdown.  These people are completely deranged.

Trump plays the same game. 

He can't claim these sudden rights but bitch that states want him to federally co-ordinate PPE distribution so states aren't bidding against each other. 

48 minutes ago, Boges said:

A cite from Redstate.com is Lulz. 

Would you entertain the information found in a link from Occupy Democrats? 

Are you saying that Redstate is any less accurate than CNN?

Do I have to remind you that CNN was successfully sued by a High School student for libel (lying to malign his character)? 

Yikes.

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

Nor can Trump. He can't wash his hands of assisting states with things like PPE then threaten to enforce a Nation-wide repeal of Stay-at-Home orders.

I do recognize the irony in the Media wanting Trump to declare a National Stay-at-Home order but freaking out if he declares that all State National Stay-at-Home orders be repealed.

Trump correctly pointed out that federal stockpiles were for FEMA related assistance, not the sole supply or repository for state PPE or ventilators.

The governors own much of the state preparation and actions, or lack thereof.   Recall that Gov. Cuomo argued with NYC Mayor De Blasio as well over this same issue.    New York has been a disaster !

I do think Canada has it right here. The Feds are dictating anything that's no in their purview. They obviously control international travel, federal employment assistance and ensuring healthcare is consistent nationally. 

I personally look to the Province for more guidance on COVID-19 than I do the Feds. 

Canada is organized differently with provinces specifically responsible for health care delivery by design.

My state has the lowest infection rate and the governor has been taking full responsibility and criticism.   He has not been whining about Trump.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Are you saying that Redstate is any less accurate than CNN?

Do I have to remind you that CNN was successfully sued by a High School student for libel (lying to malign his character)? 

Yikes.

Remind him also, that CNN is the same dishonest/deceitful network that cut away from the briefing, yesterday, to make sure CNN's viewers did not see Trump air video from January of CNN pundits downplaying the virus.

Edited by Tdot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

A cite from Redstate.com is Lulz. 

But no Lulz for CNN msnbc WaPo CBS, eh? They never tell lies and perfect hypocrisy, eh?

I do believe that even you yourself just downplayed the Dem's mega deceit/mega hypocrisy as mere "irony", correct?

Edited by Tdot

6 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Remind him also, that CNN is the same dishonest/deceitful network that cut away from the briefing, yesterday, to make sure CNN's viewers did not see Trump air video from January of CNN pundits downplaying the virus.

Lol, of course they did. Liars.

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Lol, of course they did. Liars.

I bet @Boges will also just, love, how when CNN did hurry and cut away from the briefing they quickly went back to S.King in the CNN studios ---then King lied and called the video re-election propaganda ... ROFL ... like the article said, can you imagine the CNN producers in that moment? SCREAMING AT THE tv monitors and sprawling out on the production floor?? lol

Check out the .jpg of CNN's meltdown I will post (below) here shortly

Edited by Tdot

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Riiiight. Your precious Trudeau was behind at every step of the game up to March 16th, that’s not in question, and your only comeback is your opinion of what suddenly happened after that, which massively changed the whole game.

You don’t have any cites for your claim which appears, on it’s face, to be ridiculous, and now you call me uninformed. 

Did you notice that the people making that claim just say it, expecting you to just believe it without question?

You just heard something bad about Trump and automatically took it as gospel, and you have the nerve to talk about other people being misinformed lol. It’s the spirit of the times. 

Facts are facts.  Stop buying into propaganda.  Look at how the virus has been handled and the results in cases and deaths, which speak for themselves.  

41 minutes ago, Tdot said:

But no Lulz for CNN msnbc WaPo CBS, eh? They never tell lies and perfect hypocrisy, eh?

I do believe that even you yourself just downplayed the Dem's mega deceit/mega hypocrisy as mere "irony", correct?

Actually, I know that any cite I give from CNN will be met with a Lulz so I try to find other sources just head that off at the pass. Though I suspect any MSM source will be scoffed at by some. 

Irony and Hypocrisy are largely synonyms. 

You should probably take my concession as a W. 

Edited by Boges

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Facts are facts.  Look at how the virus has been handled and the results in cases and deaths, which speak for themselves.  

Exactly.  And how much worse would results be, if Trump had listened to the Dems in January? When the Dems criticized him for denying entry to people from China?  They called him xenophobic. Even Biden apologized for criticizing Trump's decision...did you?

How much worse better would results be, if our President and Congress were not preoccupied with the Dem's impeachment hoax from Nov - Feb??? We needed all hands on deck ---but the hands were busy doing impeachment depositions in the basement of the Capitol bldg

34 minutes ago, Tdot said:

I bet @Boges will also just, love, how when CNN did hurry and cut away from the briefing they quickly went back to S.King in the CNN studios ---then King lied and called the video re-election propaganda ... ROFL ... like the article said, can you imagine the CNN producers in that moment? SCREAMING AT THE tv monitors and sprawling out on the production floor?? lol

Check out the .jpg of CNN's meltdown I will post (below) here shortly

I don't think there's an objective definition of Propaganda. It was definitely a campaign style video done as a service to the US people, definitely not the place for such a thing.  

What would you think if JT took time out of his briefings to play a video saying how great he's been handling COVID-19? 

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Facts are facts.  Stop buying into propaganda.  Look at how the virus has been handled and the results in cases and deaths, which speak for themselves.  

Facts are facts, and I never said that I was buying your propaganda.

I laid out how the virus was handled in both countries. You didn't challenge any of the actual facts I posted.

You just keep on insisting that on March 16th, when Trudeau FINALLY TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS TOWARDS CONTAINING THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS, that somehow he did so much on that day that it made up for all the lost time that he had to make up on the US, who had blocked travellers from covid hotspots and had actual screening in place at the airports. 

That's impossible, because social distancing guidelines in the states on March 19th are exactly what they were here. Trudeau wasn't ahead of the US in any way, at any time.

Trudeau lagged way behind, for 45 days in fact, and we got lucky because our population is 1/10th the size of the US and our country is larger. We also don't have a Mardi Gras, we didn't have a Superbowl during Covid, and we don't have a subway system that moves the population of BC every single day. 

Not only are you completely sucked in by propaganda, you spread it yourself like a sweaty Reverend spewing hellfire and damnation. You completely refuse to consider what actually happened, or try to understand it, you're desperately clinging to "but CBC and CNN said!!!!" Yeah, they said Trudeau did so much on March 16th that it made up for everything that he failed to do prior BUT THEY NEVER GAVE EXAMPLES OF IT. NEITHER DID YOU. THEY DON'T EXIST. Grab a fact somewhere, and try to prove something. Name-calling only works in your little circle. It doesn't prove anything here. 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

I don't think there's an objective definition of Propaganda. It was definitely a campaign style video done as a service to the US people, definitely not the place for such a thing. 

The only problem with that is that several media outlets have made Trump's response and timeliness part of the story and briefing, so they can fill their boots.

The media doesn't like having their noses rubbed into it.

I do believe this State Right's debate that Trump and the Media are getting down and dirty in, plays right into Trump's hands. 

Total distraction from the grim situation the US currently is in. 

Who cares if Trump did certain things in February. He's got to own the shit show this has become. Can't take credit for a good economy you inherited from Obama and not own the US COVID numbers. 

28 minutes ago, Boges said:

Can't take credit for a good economy you inherited from Obama and not own the US COVID numbers. 

Nope. He did not inherit his economy/results from Obama.  

The private-sector creates the jobs, within every Capitalistic-Democracy on Earth. The private-sector invested in the USA for, Trump, in ways which they refused to do for Obama.  Trump's philosophy re tax cuts is the exact opposite of Obama's. 

Obama was unable to instill confidence in corporate investors, but Trump has been able to do it pretty good. Because Trump is a business man, Obama is a politician; Guess which one, corporate developers do not think like?  

Edited by Tdot

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Who cares if Trump did certain things in February. He's got to own the shit show this has become. Can't take credit for a good economy you inherited from Obama and not own the US COVID numbers. 

Plenty of people care and do not want the shutdown to continue to destroy that very same economy.

Trump has always pinned his fate to the economy, so he has nothing more to lose if it all goes to hell anyway.

But if he can rebound and stabilize the economy before November, he gets the political credit.

1 minute ago, Tdot said:

Nope. He did not inherit his economy/results from Obama.  

The private-sector creates jobs within any Capitalistic democracy. The private-sector invested in the USA for, Trump, in ways which they refused to do for Obama.  Trump's philosophy re tax cuts is Obama the exact opposite of Obama's. 

Obama was unable to instill confidence in corporate investors, but Trump has been able to do. Because Trump is a business man, Obama is a politician; Guess which one, corporate developers do not think like?  

Thread Drift, but the Unemployment rate was already around 5% when Trump took office. Now it's north of 10%. Soooooooooo. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Plenty of people care and do not want the shutdown to continue to destroy that very same economy.

Trump has always pinned his fate to the economy, so he has nothing more to lose if it all goes to hell anyway.

But if he can rebound and stabilize the economy before November, he gets the political credit.

It'll be fascinating theatre. Because that'll be one hell of a fight. 

If I was Trump, I'd be worried about Michigan, they're in the weeds of this virus right now. And forcing them open before they're ready could lose him those 16 Swing votes very easily. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

It'll be fascinating theatre. Because that'll be one hell of a fight. 

If I was Trump, I'd be worried about Michigan, they're in the weeds of this virus right now. And forcing them open before they're ready could lose him those 16 Swing votes very easily. 

A Michigan Democrat has already thanked Trump for touting unproven drug therapies.

Trump doesn't need New York !