Russia/Trump back together for the 2020 election

because this will be ongoing and deserves a new thread to track.

Russia Is Helping Elect Trump Again, Intel Official Says

"The meeting, which took place on February 13, was conducted for the House Intelligence Committee"

“It continues with the same target, and the same purpose, and it’s clear that they [the Russians] favor one candidate over the other”

“The president said he didn’t want any more briefings like this”

"And in the wake of the briefing, Trump forced out Maguire"

follow the same recipe as last time i guess! more pancakes!

Edited by godzilla

27 minutes ago, godzilla said:

because this will be ongoing and deserves a new thread to track.

Russia Is Helping Elect Trump Again, Intel Official Says

"The meeting, which took place on February 13, was conducted for the House Intelligence Committee"

“It continues with the same target, and the same purpose, and it’s clear that they [the Russians] favor one candidate over the other”

“The president said he didn’t want any more briefings like this”

"And in the wake of the briefing, Trump forced out Maguire"

follow the same recipe as last time i guess! more pancakes!

Russia preferred Obama over Romney in 2012.  He even mocked Romney for insisting that Russia was a geopolitical foe.  I’m sure Putin was giving a thumbs up while watching that debate.  Hell, Obama even promised Russia that he’d have more flexibility after the election.  I can only imagine if Trump was caught on a hot mic saying something similar!

”I understand, I will transmit this information to Vladimir “ :lol: That’s when cozying up to Russia was en vogue!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Shady said:

Russia preferred Obama over Romney in 2012.  He even mocked Romney for insisting that Russia was a geopolitical foe.  I’m sure Putin was giving a thumbs up while watching that debate.  Hell, Obama even promised Russia that he’d have more flexibility after the election.  I can only imagine if Trump was caught on a hot mic saying something similar!

”I understand, I will transmit this information to Vladimir “ :lol: That’s when cozying up to Russia was en vogue!

Hey, who told you could show this picture? Now you are making Obama look bad, and Trump look really good. Naughty-naughty on you. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Some folks REALLY want Russia to be the enemy. It's sort of a 1984 thing as near as I can tell. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Some people need to get over Russia and start concentrating more on communist China, the real enemy of the west today. 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why ?   Other nations were "in league" with previous POTUS and candidates.

The Russians are not doing anything for America's interests. 

To have an enemy trying to rig an election for its candidate of choice is dangerous, and if the POTUS himself is involved its just about treasonous.

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

The Russians are not doing anything for America's interests. 

To have an enemy trying to rig an election for its candidate of choice is dangerous, and if the POTUS himself is involved its just about treasonous.

Nonsense...the U.S. and Russia have several mutual interests, not just conflicts.   

How do you think American (and Canadian) astronauts get to the ISS...and return to earth ?

Russia certainly has the right to support its own interests for international politics...Canada does it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It kind of matters if the POTUS is in league with the Russians to secure his re-election.

Where is the beef, chief? And why as a Canadian do you even care as to who backs Trump or not? The democrats were sucking around the Russians long before Trump ever came on the scene. But I guess with some people, only Trump can do wrong.  :unsure:

25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Hillary Clinton received more foreign endorsements for president in 2016 than did Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hillary_Clinton_2016_presidential_campaign_political_endorsements#International_political_figures

Don't say that to some people here. Are you trying to burst their liberal democratic bubble? ;)

17 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nonsense...the U.S. and Russia have several mutual interests, not just conflicts.   

How do you think American (and Canadian) astronauts get to the ISS...and return to earth ?

Russia certainly has the right to support its own interests for international politics...Canada does it too.

Good old R-7/Soyuz. Heavy on the old...1957 and 1967 respectively. 

The US does have two pretty much ready to go...no matter Boeing's little code mistake. That it free returned exactly as advertised was more of a concern for any potential passenger.

:)

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Where is the beef, chief? And why as a Canadian do you even care as to who backs Trump or not? The democrats were sucking around the Russians long before Trump ever came on the scene. But I guess with some people, only Trump can do wrong.  :unsure:

Because I don't like the Russian government. 

This is all BS.

1) The Russians obviously preferred the way Obama dealt with them to the way Trump dealt with them. They'd choose another Dem for sure, so that they could get back to taking over chunks of Ukraine.

2) Obviously if the Ruskies were going to help anyone in the upcoming election it would be BS, for several reasons. The US economy would plummet, their military would drop to 80th place on the budget, there would be massive civil unrest resulting from gun confiscation legislation, etc.