Pipeline protestors need to be jailed

Argus

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Seen on PBS last night:   Several FN bands in BC purchased licenses for commercial hunting grounds rights and faked bear hunts with unloaded rifles until the government caved in and banned the hunting of Grizzlies.   Black bears with white recessive gene are also protected.    Trophy hunters are pissed !

These groups and eco-supporters are much better organized with social media and the interwebs.

Shooting people is so last century !

It is leading to unprecedented name calling by both sides. I live near this action...trust me, these yahoos do NOT long for the days when the Haida used to arrive like a pack of Vikings to take heads and slaves. They want central heating, big trucks and all that goes along with Western Civilization. Thus why they actually voted FOR the natural gas pipeline access...

These 'hereditary chiefs' are pretty much of traditional ruling families...you know...nobles...Kings as it were...and the Birkenstockers that support them because protests are fun.

The Mohawks...never miss a good opportunity to flex their muscles...and remind everybody that they're better armed than the Canadian military. 

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Trudeau says the barricades must come down now. Uh, or what, Mr. Blackface? Or you'll do what again? Not use force, surely! You ruled that out the other day and then said Scheer talking about doing that was unacceptable! Speaking of unacceptable. You said the barricades were unacceptable a few days back. Nobody paid any attention to you then either.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/barricades-must-now-come-down-pm-trudeau-says-of-rail-blockades-1.4821889

Why have the RCMP not yet moved out of Wet'suet'en Territory? They're the ones holding things up! 

IF police start arresting people ... well ... I think we all know how it will spread here, there and everywhere. 

Edited by jacee

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Where does it say that?  It says "frustrated locals".

Cite something that says it's Sons of Odin or Proud Boys who took the barricades down.

Be careful - I know one of the people in that picture and they are NOT affiliated with either of those groups.

They were there. Ugly mouth fks. 

20 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Cite something that says it's Sons of Odin or Proud Boys who took the barricades down.

Be careful - I know one of the people in that picture and they are NOT affiliated with either of those groups.

I see no evidence of these groups in that video. Just some guys removing barricades set-up across railway tracks to prevent trains from moving. 

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Now the Wetsuweten - Mohawk alliance is holding their press confeerence.

They say there can be no resolution until the RCMP is fully removed from their territory along with the gas company, and following that the negotiations are elevated as Nation to Nation talks between Canada and the Wesuweten

A declaration of independence in effect

The Mohawks say that the blockade won't come down until all the demands of the Wetsuweten are met.

The government ist trying to tell the RCMP to get their asses out of there... without actually saying it, of course. Lol 

Just now, Goddess said:

So you have no proof.  No cite.

Got it.

Maybe stay out of the discussion if you're not able to contribute anything concrete to it.

The protesters here were spitting on government workers as they tried to go to get to their jobs, calling them 'settlers' and worse, of course. Most protesters were ironically non-native.

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The protesters here were spitting on government workers as they tried to go to get to their jobs, calling them 'settlers' and worse, of course. Most protesters were ironically non-native.

The ones who removed the barricades in Edmonton were mostly oilfield workers.  According to the person I know who joined in to help.  He did not mention any far-right groups being there, perhaps they were, but there is nothing on the news about it and no one there seemed to notice if they were also there or not.

Not the first time Jacee has lied about her far-right conspiracies.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

No picture or video? That would be pretty phenomenal in this day and age.  Reminds me of the time a native fisheries guardian around here breathlessly announced his sighting of a Sasquatch over the marine radio one day.  Of course the radio erupted with voices and when my turn came I asked "you must have 2 or three cameras on board right"?

I know I know, I've been accused of peeing on pancakes more than a few times now. It is what it is.

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Not the first time Jacee has lied about her far-right conspiracies.

In this region...the glorious interior of BC...the arrival of the HBC allowed the tribes normally oppressed and preyed upon by the coastal tribes to flourish. So relations have always been pretty good...especially after Sir James Douglas's famous handling of the Fraser Canyon War...which showed this was The Law not just white man's law...Sir James was black if you can't tell by the photo. Anyways...cooler tribal heads prevailed over the hot heads wanting all-out war.

Trudeau went so far as to overturn, I believe it was...Matthew Begbie's (the Hanging Judge) ruling and posthumously pardon those involved in killing the survey teams that were executed. It was quite odd...

Edited by DogOnPorch

59 minutes ago, Goddess said:

So you have no proof.  No cite.

Got it.

Maybe stay out of the discussion if you're not able to contribute anything concrete to it.

Those were the white supremacists who took over United we Roll. They are the reason the oil workers pulled out of the convoy. 

Just now, jacee said:

Those were the white supremacists who took over United we Roll. They are the reason the oil workers pulled out of the convoy. 

Ooooookaaaayyyyy......not sure what that has to do with you claiming that the SoO and Proud Boys were responsible for removing the barricades in Edmonton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Mohawks...never miss a good opportunity to flex their muscles...and remind everybody that they're better armed than the Canadian military. 

I know the cliche is about the superbly woods savvy natives able to tap dance through the forest without making a sound and come upon the ignorant white soldiers like a dark wind in the night, but the reality is most of these guys are fat, out of shape, spend much of the day drinking and smoking pot, and are rarely any better with a rifle than your average farmer or hunter. In any confrontation with the Canadian military they'd be slaughtered.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

I know the cliche is about the superbly woods savvy natives able to tap dance through the forest without making a sound and come upon the ignorant white soldiers like a dark wind in the night, but the reality is most of these guys are fat, out of shape, spend much of the day drinking and smoking pot, and are rarely any better with a rifle than your average farmer or hunter. In any confrontation with the Canadian military they'd be slaughtered.

Be that so, they know they can still be belligerent and get away with it. Nobody is going ruin the picnic. And perhaps they can get something for their trouble. Natural gas is the furthest thing from their minds. Most protester's minds, as well.

CoastalGasLink's environmental report rejected. Construction will be delayed months.

https://ricochet.media/en/2945/coastal-gaslink-environmental-assessment-rejected-construction-to-be-delayed

Now CGL and RCMP can leave Wet'suet'en Territory and the governments can get to work to reconcile Aboriginal rights and title with Crown rights, as directed by the Supreme Court of Canada in 1997. 

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

LBe that so, they know they can still be belligerent and get away with it. Nobody is going ruin the picnic. And perhaps they can get something for their trouble. Natural gas is the furthest thing from their minds. Most protester's minds, as well.

You nailed it. Reconciliation will take 20 years at least which should slow down fossil fuel development until the export fossil fuel industry is just that...a fossil.

Use it while you can I guess. 

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

There has been no mention of that, it's just the far left trying to smear a group and starting a false narrative.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

You nailed it. Reconciliation will take 20 years at least which should slow down fossil fuel development until the export fossil fuel industry is just that...a fossil.

Use it while you can I guess. 

Got your windmill fishing boat ready for market, eh?