Quasem Soleimani Taken Out

Rue

9 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

T. Is another revolution coming? 

This brutal murderous power hungry terrorist islamic regime will not go away by peaceful means. They would kill the whole Iran's population in order to continue their dirty subhuman lives in absolute power. Hopefully tighter sanctions would cripple the regime (Europeans must stop prostituting themselves to mullahs and try to deal with the devil though I won't expect same from Russians as they are the devil), and the sanctions would pour more hard hit Iranians into streets which I fear would result in more bloodshed and then general strike would follow and then I am hoping that the regime may become weak enough unable to pay its thugs or the revolutionary thugs stop killing and the regime at that point to be removed without a major bloodshed however, regretfully in my view the only way to remove this murderous regime is by a violent revolution. For that the nation needs to be armed.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

14 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

regime at that point to be removed without a major bloodshed however, regretfully in my view the only way to remove this murderous regime is by a violent revolution. For that the nation needs to be armed.

You sound like someone who plays a lot of video games. It is America that has been crawling the feet of both Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Do you think KSA is just gonna sit back and watch what happens in Iran next?

4 hours ago, Marocc said:

You sound like someone who plays a lot of video games. It is America that has been crawling the feet of both Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Do you think KSA is just gonna sit back and watch what happens in Iran next?

It would be nice of them to bear the burden of cleaning up the mess on their doorstep rather than counting on Uncle Sam to do their dirty work.

8 minutes ago, cannuck said:

It would be nice of them to bear the burden of cleaning up the mess on their doorstep rather than counting on Uncle Sam to do their dirty work.

Those Saudi a-holes have a bit of an advantage with the USA as they signed a deal with Roosevelt, I believe in 1943...to assist in Lend-Lease and oil supplies. 

"The defense of Saudi Arabia is vital to the defense of the United States"...stated FDR...hasn't changed since.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:48 AM, Army Guy said:

Lines have already been drawn in the sand Marcus, man up, pick a side, don't like the side your on, pack up your shit and move...

Heh. You don't speak for all Canadians. Every Canadian has a voice and choice. You are free to be a good little peon who is told what to do and to give unconditional support for whatever his masters tells him to. That is your choice. However, you cannot tell me what to do. Feel free to pack up your shit and move, if you don't like that.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:48 AM, Army Guy said:

it is that simple need a ticket send me your address and i'll send you one...This mad man is reasonable for killing thousands of Americans, and other NATO troops.  He was a terrorist scum bag,  he has paid for his crimes with his life....

I'm fine where I am. Instead of using your money to buy tickets, why don't you spend that money in getting some education and understanding of world politics, other cultures and international law.

"This mad man". Sure. You need a bogeyman and a team to cheerlead to function and make sense of the narrative that simplifies how the world works. I get it.

24 minutes ago, marcus said:

Heh. You don't speak for all Canadians. Every Canadian has a voice and choice. You are free to be a good little peon who is told what to do and to give unconditional support for whatever his masters tells him to. That is your choice. However, you cannot tell me what to do. Feel free to pack up your shit and move, if you don't like that.

I'm fine where I am. Instead of using your money to buy tickets, why don't you spend that money in getting some education and understanding of world politics, other cultures and international law.

"This mad man". Sure. You need a bogeyman and a team to cheerlead to function and make sense of the narrative that simplifies how the world works. I get it.

Marcus your the typical Canadian I am always talking about, you love to point fingers at others, blaming them for things that are happening around the globe....but afraid to take any real positive action yourself...so your content with whining and bitching about the US or Israel....and you said I need a boggy man, to hook up my entire life ambitions to....with so many bitches , you must be unhappy with your station in life on this side of the fence, I just thought you would be much happier on their side of the fence...and save our ears from hearing that constant drone of I'm so unhappy....hence the offer of plane tickets, I heard Iran is nice this time of year....Hear is a news flash the general is nothing more than a terrorist….Irian's here in Canada have even said so...

I would love to spend some of my cash on furthering my education...but I have not found that magic pill that allows you to work and go to school at the same time, plus provide for my family as well...

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I would love to spend some of my cash on furthering my education...but I have not found that magic pill that allows you to work and go to school at the same time, plus provide for my family as well...

Don't bother, education is simply an accreditation scam at this point, spend your capital on acquiring investment property, be a landlord, you've already learned all you need to know at the school of hard knocks.

I have a theory as to why Trump decided to take out Soleimani:

John Bolton will most likely testify in the hearings. He was pushed out and left on bad terms. John Bolton, a neo-con, has been pushing for 'regime change' in the middle-east for over 2 decades. Apparently, he was too much of a hawk for Trump and that's why he was pushed out. Perhaps, killing Soleimani was a way to quench Bolton's thirst for military force, in order to, perhaps, stop him from giving damaging testimony in the impeachment hearings.

Edited by marcus

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Marcus your the typical Canadian I am always talking about, you love to point fingers at others, blaming them for things that are happening around the globe....but afraid to take any real positive action yourself...so your content with whining and bitching about the US or Israel....and you said I need a boggy man, to hook up my entire life ambitions to....with so many bitches , you must be unhappy with your station in life on this side of the fence, I just thought you would be much happier on their side of the fence...and save our ears from hearing that constant drone of I'm so unhappy....hence the offer of plane tickets, I heard Iran is nice this time of year....Hear is a news flash the general is nothing more than a terrorist….Irian's here in Canada have even said so...

I am a fortunate person to be where I am in the world. I am happy that I have this platform for myself and my children. But I'm not going to blind myself to the b.s. we put others through in other parts of the world. Life is about progressing and improving as individuals and as a society. We need to continue to better ourselves and challenge those who want to milk the status quo that harms others in order to benefit themselves selfishly.

Reading a book doesn't have to cost money. Talking to someone who isn't in your circle doesn't have to cost money. 

As a military man, do you not weep for the lives lost for pointless and disastrous wars created by these fucktards, who will never risk to sacrifice themselves, or their families in these wars?

Edited by marcus

13 hours ago, marcus said:

I am a fortunate person to be where I am in the world. I am happy that I have this platform for myself and my children. But I'm not going to blind myself to the b.s. we put others through in other parts of the world. Life is about progressing and improving as individuals and as a society. We need to continue to better ourselves and challenge those who want to milk the status quo that harms others in order to benefit themselves selfishly.

Reading a book doesn't have to cost money. Talking to someone who isn't in your circle doesn't have to cost money. 

As a military man, do you not weep for the lives lost for pointless and disastrous wars created by these fucktards, who will never risk to sacrifice themselves, or their families in these wars?

All Canadians are fortunate, and yet we for some reason do not or can not share that, we are a country full of finger pointers that will not stand up and take some action, we sit here and complain, but offer no solutions....that is what this nation needs to stand up for our forgotten moral values and do something constructive, anything, just something ….we as a people are always asking what is in it for me...just look at the last election...we did not vote in the best guy, but the guy who promised the most....

As a military man I've learned a lot of things, I live with some regret ,  no more than anyone else, one of those regrets was thinking that my government , and it's citizens would always have my back, the citizens would never allow our soldiers to be misused, or sent to battle needlessly....I quickly learned that is not true at all, don't get me wrong there are some good people out there, they just are not the majority, who really don't care about our military or the people that served in it, sure  some say they do, but words are cheap.. just not enough to force our government into acting ….

....I continued to serve these same people not out of love for them or my country....but  because it was the only way I could protect my brothers and sisters in arms.. My family, people who were in the same boat, shared the same ups and downs of the job, shared the same enjoyment of serving something bigger, the love of the job, the sense of gratification  you got from helping someone down and out like the Afghan people. or sanding bagging someone's home in a flood zone in NB,  who is defeated by mother nature but continues to try and save there home anyway, or helping people during the ice storm....... not going to lie the adrenaline rush you got from combat is addictive...but not enough to be the one reason to stay...I've also learned that man is one evil dude when they want to be, capable of horrors unknown to most of the western population, and while we say it would be a good caus we sit and watch and do nothing...   

.....I won't lie I have wept for lost comrades, they have sacrificed everything for the man left or right of them, not for medals or profit, but for their brothers ands sisters. I know that is hard to understand, but it happens every day in the forces...sure when you place a soldier in front of a camera they'll tell you its for Queen and country...and for the folks back home....

Your right I had no good reason to tell you to pack your stuff up and leave, for that I am sorry... .

Edited by Army Guy

• 1 month later...

As per the Washington Post:

ISTANBUL — Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps is facing crises on multiple fronts as it grapples with the killing of its chief military strategist, Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, and a domestic backlash over the downing of a passenger jet, according to analysts and officials in the region.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/irans-revolutionary-guards-wrestle-with-new-reality-after-killing-of-their-chief-military-strategist/2020/02/21/db35985c-53f1-11ea-80ce-37a8d4266c09_story.html

In other words, despite handwringing from political pundits, the strike has worked, and was a success.