Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?

Should Don Cherry Have Been Fired?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not sad.  I'm mad.   They are scamming people, they are making themselves the spokesman for the Fallen, when they don't even know them anymore.

Yes, they're old and buried in the past, and they are almost all dead. The Legion will soon be gone too, unless the younger ones just take it over, do it their own way, as they should and could.

1 minute ago, jacee said:

Yes, they're old and buried in the past, and they are almost all dead. The Legion will soon be gone too, unless the younger ones just take it over, do it their own way, as they should and could.

Nobody from my generation on had much to do with the Legion.

The Legion was created in 1925 as a veterans group for the First World War.

They're still dining out on that, but they don't represent me, and they don't speak for the Fallen who I knew.

32 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Nobody from my generation on had much to do with the Legion.

The Legion was created in 1925 as a veterans group for the First World War.

They're still dining out on that, but they don't represent me, and they don't speak for the Fallen who I knew.

WWII ended 74 years ago.

If they fought, they are over 90 now, or dead. 

"They" are not doing much of anything anymore.

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

All the Normies down in Toronto are crying "disgrace" because someone painted "You broke faith with us" on the Monument at City Hall

They don't like to have the inconvenient truth of things pointed out to them.

Ya, instead of crying about graffiti, they should be trying to find out who feels that way.

1 minute ago, jacee said:

WWII ended 74 years ago.

If they fought, they are over 90 now, or dead. 

"They" are not doing much of anything anymore.

I'm talking about the Legion, the Legion is a bunch of civilians running a private club, they have nothing to do with the military, never did, always was a civilians private club.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm talking about the Legion, the Legion is a bunch of civilians running a private club, they have nothing to do with the military, never did, always was a civilians private club.

That's what I meant. There can't be many of them in the Legion now. 

2 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

All we can do is NOT tune in on Saturday night.  The only reason I ever had the early game on, was to see Coaches Corner, now I wont bother with the late telecast either.  

I’m not watching another Saturday night game for at least the rest of this season.

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

That's what I meant. There can't be many of them in the Legion now. 

There's the odd vet in the mix, some guys get into the Legion after they get out, but it's a tiny cohort, my generation, we were not welcome at the Legion.

They basically tried to run us off because we were young, so we made our own legion, did our own thing, held our own events, informal Gen X  legion

3 hours ago, Boges said:

The Canadian Broadcasting Standards Council's system broke because of all the complaints it received.https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/don-cherry-hnic-you-people-hockey-coachs-corner

This clearly wasn't just about just the Woke Brigade on Twitter. 

Justin didn't get a free pass on Black Face. He was reduced to a minority government and lost the popular vote. Too bad the CPC leader is a Bible-Thumper that doesn't Gay Rights and is hypocrite about Dual Citizenship and a liar regarding his previous employment. 

Have you even seen the entire clip of him discussing poppies, I 've watched it several times , and I'm baffled at how easily a lot of people are jumping to conclusions...even during a latter interview he says he was taken out of context...not all of those CBSC posts were complaints....

Justin has received a lot of free passes , the groping of that women, to which another minister was fired for doing something similar...., Black face , SNC and everything that goes with that gong show...and you said he has paid for all those mistakes in full....Come on, anyone else would be warming the benches at a  peewee game for less...and lets face it Scheer handed Justin those votes on a plate...Justin could have taken a shit at the palace gate and still got a minority.... 

So it is alright to follow the religion of Islam but you can't be white and be a follow the a Christian religion is that what your implying ? ....shit in todays world your a nobody unless you march in the gay pride parade....Hey I don't march in the gay pride parade, nor do I think their rights trump mine, be gay all you want , but we don't have to hang out , or take long showers in the sunset before I'm qualified as a normal Canadian , excepted by all. Does that make me a bible thumper, do those that follow the Islam religion or any other religion restricted by the same rules...shit today you can not even say "you people" with out it starting to snow like one of the worse blizzards we've had... 

Miss May just became a Canadian not that long ago, not a peep about that....lots of Canadians have multi citizenships, when Beirut erupted in violence the Canadian military rescued 150,000 duel citizens...from little Lebanon … imagine how many are in the states....what difference does it make....

1 hour ago, jacee said:

That's what they want you to believe, soldier, but it ain't the truth. 

Yes because reuters is just some euro trash media source is that what your saying...hey just google that shit it's a lot of papers a lot of different sources...

maybe you should wrap your tin folk on a little bit tighter....maybe you can give us a source to your conspiracy theory ? make us all believers....

25 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

There's the odd vet in the mix, some guys get into the Legion after they get out, but it's a tiny cohort, my generation, we were not welcome at the Legion.

They basically tried to run us off because we were young, so we made our own legion, did our own thing, held our own events, informal Gen X  legion

Give me a factual reason not to donate to the Legion.  What's the money spent on.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Give me a factual reason not to donate to the Legion.  What's the money spent on.

Want to donate to a vet.....go to your local vets hospital, ask them what they need and buy it, it will get used by vets , they'll be grateful, and the legion won't bleed any operational costs off your donation....besides what they really want is just your company...they are being warehoused waiting to die...me and a couple of other vets normally do a little fund raising and buy them something last year it was a massaging/ vibrating  chair...had to go out an but another because there was some arguments over who's turn it was....

• Thanks 1