Don Cherry's Racist Rant on Immigrants

Teena

Guest PPC2019

Teena. No one should have consequences for their opinions. If we start demanding consequences for Jessica Allen, than we're showing a double standard. Let's not make a hypocrisy case for the liberals.

11 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Teena. No one should have consequences for their opinions. If we start demanding consequences for Jessica Allen, than we're showing a double standard. Let's not make a hypocrisy case for the liberals.

Well Don Cherry did. No double standard here? The news read that Mr. Cherry singled out Immigrants  and now Miss Allen singles out white boys that play hockey. So I am confused. The entire thing is a joke. How can you allow only certain things to be okay. Who is the judge? You?

I grew up around hockey. Love the sport, love the guys and gals that play it. I married a Captain :) Loved Don Cherry too :) Loved him for his knowledge of hockey. Allen's opinions do not reflect mine!

Edited by Teena
just wanted to add a few things to my comment

Guest PPC2019
9 minutes ago, Teena said:

Well Don Cherry did. No double standard here? The news read that Mr. Cherry singled out Immigrants  and now Miss Allen singles out white boys that play hockey. So I am confused. The entire thing is a joke. How can you allow only certain things to be okay. Who is the judge? You?

I grew up around hockey. Love the sport, love the guys and gals that play it. I married a Captain :) Loved Don Cherry too :) Loved him for his knowledge of hockey. Allen's opinions do not reflect mine!

I think Don Cheery should be forced to apologize, and so should Jessica Allen. Because it reflected badly on the public broadcaster. They still don't have a right to fire them. 

To fire someone they should basically be asking for it... and trying to get themselves fired.

Basially they would have to be warned over and over again... And then it isn't a one time error in judgement.

Or if they do hate speech. I'll give an example of what I'd consider hate speech.

Let's say someone said this

"I'm sick of the white boys dominating the sport. They're the ones always body checking the immigrants. Well I like to see a one of those Japanese kids, teach one of the white boys a lesson in Karate... Whatever it is... Make sure they learn the lesson the hard way.

They should get fired instantly.

But not for what Don Cherry, or Jessica Allen said. You can't fire someone for saying something offensive. We live under the rule of law, and free speech is protected.

Edited by PPC2019

The CBSC has received a large number of very similar complaints concerning comments made about hockey on CTV’s The Social on November 12, 2019. To ensure that all complaints are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner, the CBSC limits the number of complaints it will accept in respect of the same broadcast. The CBSC process does not vary based on the number of complaints made. The same consideration is given to one single valid complaint as to multiple complaints on the same matter. The CBSC is now dealing with The Social under its normal process. As a result, no further complaints will be accepted by the CBSC on this issue. Other complaints about this program or station will still be accepted.

:mellow:

On 11/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, Teena said:

I have Don Cherry's back on this one. Canada has become such an offended and sensitive political correct country where all one has to say is that someone just offended their sensitive feelings, and voila, people like a Canadian patriot like Don Cherry gets fired. This is what is killing Canada today. Political correctness has gone mad in Canada. 

There was not a dam thing that appeared to be racist when Cherry used those two words "you people". Cherry was also including white people when he said those two words "you people". "You people" out there who get offended very easily by what someone else says, that you did not like to hear, well, all I can say to you is go get a life and grow up.  

But you know what the Canadian leftist liberal MSM is like and is all about? All they seem to want to look for is to find some white person like Don Cherry who appears to have said something racist, and it offended someone, and then that media goes ballistic on that person. The CBC is the worse one of them all. They will drop their lunch if they can get a story going on someone like Don Cherry who may have said something that appeared racist. OMG, the world is about to fall apart. This person must be exposed and taken down. Canada has truly become a sick offended country. My opinion. ;)

9 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

The CBSC has received a large number of very similar complaints concerning comments made about hockey on CTV’s The Social on November 12, 2019. To ensure that all complaints are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner, the CBSC limits the number of complaints it will accept in respect of the same broadcast. The CBSC process does not vary based on the number of complaints made. The same consideration is given to one single valid complaint as to multiple complaints on the same matter. The CBSC is now dealing with The Social under its normal process. As a result, no further complaints will be accepted by the CBSC on this issue. Other complaints about this program or station will still be accepted.

:mellow:

I guess that all that matters to the CBSC is who and what political party or group of liberal people or religious outfit that you belong too. If one is very liberal, well, we will just over look what they just said that was offensive. Like the CBSC, the HRC is just as bad. There are certain groups of people in Canada who should be questioned on their so called offending racism comments while others get a free pass. The problem with Don Cherry was that he is not of the politically correct liberal kind or color. Just my opinion of course.  :)

30 minutes ago, taxme said:

I guess that all that matters to the CBSC is who and what political party or group of liberal people or religious outfit that you belong too. If one is very liberal, well, we will just over look what they just said that was offensive. Like the CBSC, the HRC is just as bad. There are certain groups of people in Canada who should be questioned on their so called offending racism comments while others get a free pass. The problem with Don Cherry was that he is not of the politically correct liberal kind or color. Just my opinion of course.  :)

The problem with Don is that he is a white male.  If he was any other colour skin or a female he'd be on tv this saturday.  I hear that the social is behind her 100%.  :mellow: 

On 11/19/2019 at 4:54 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Are double standards ever worth considering?  Are they always bad?

I read more than a few people who said, about Mr. Cherry, that he's old with antiquated views.    I can get behind that.

What view would you call antiquated?  Support for our troops, assimilation for immigrants?  Surely not bigotry, because we see bigotry from the young left leaning liberals every day (Jess Allen).  The views are the same, it's the target that is different.

On 11/19/2019 at 7:54 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Are double standards ever worth considering?  Are they always bad?

I read more than a few people who said, about Mr. Cherry, that he's old with antiquated views.    I can get behind that.

So you support ageism?

I don't agree with Don Cherry.... but I also don't agree with all the smug satisfaction about his downfall.

I like Don Cherry standing up for veterans.

But he took a wild swing... he lacked discipline... and he got benched.

I have no problem with that... but the lack of respect for his legacy and the good he brought to so many people over the years is sickening.

I like how Ron Maclean handled the situation - he showed integrity.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Maclean is gonna find out that the Woke can't be appeased, they'll get him too in the end.

His words were heartfelt and courageous.

He got no love whatsoever from the woke...

from either side for that matter.

There are no winners in this shit show.

30 minutes ago, DrYouth said:

His words were heartfelt and courageous.

He got no love whatsoever from the woke...

from either side for that matter.

There are no winners in this shit show.

He's a professional, it was an acting job.

I'm a winner, because I disavow this totalitarian shit show of a fake country.

Die in a fire, Post National State, burn in Hell after.

Edited by Dougie93

9 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

It's called multiculturalism.  

Ok, Liberal. See Dr Y, there's your post national state. Our core identity is that we like other's core identities, at least to these people, this narrative has erased Canada's actual identity, and replaced it with vacuous Liberal dogma.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Ok, Liberal. See Dr Y, there's your post national state. Our core identity is that we like other's core identities, at least to these people, this narrative has erased Canada's actual identity, and replaced it with vacuous Liberal dogma.

The Immigration Act of 1869 had provisions dealing with establishment of immigration offices, duties payable on immigrants, condition of travel and reporting requirements, duties of quarantine officers, pauper immigrants, passenger protection, and recovery of duties and penalties.[1]

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

The Immigration Act of 1869 had provisions dealing with establishment of immigration offices, duties payable on immigrants, condition of travel and reporting requirements, duties of quarantine officers, pauper immigrants, passenger protection, and recovery of duties and penalties.[1]

That has nothing to do with multiculturalism.