"Barack Obama Endorses Justin Trudeau’s Liberals For Re-Election"

Teena

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not necessarily. Depends on what you mean by "influence". Getting oppo research on your political opponents is not a crime.

There's only a law against accepting bribes, so long as the foreigners are not bribing, there's no law against them influencing elections that I can find.

It's constitutionally protected protected by the first amendment.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

There's only a law against accepting bribes, so long as the foreigners are not bribing, there's no law against them influencing elections that I can find.

It's constitutionally protected protected by the first amendment.

Indeed. If that is the specific form of "influence" being referred to, then that is illegal, but if Bubber means that any form of influence is illegal, then that is obviously wrong.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed. If that is the specific form of "influence" being referred to, then that is illegal, but if Bubber means that any form of influence is illegal, then that is obviously wrong.

The concept that collusion itself is a crime, is a fabrication.   That's actually totalitarianism.  

He likes to poke his nose in other peoples elections.  He poked his nose in the Israeli election a while back and actually spent money and sent advisors to work for the campaign running against Netanyahu.  Seems like Democrats don’t always hate election meddling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shady said:

He likes to poke his nose in other peoples elections.  He poked his nose in the Israeli election a while back and actually spent money and sent advisors to work for the campaign running against Netanyahu.  Seems like Democrats don’t always hate election meddling.

Nope, they only hate election meddling when it helps the Republicans, when it helps them they love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Nope, they only hate election meddling when it helps the Republicans, when it helps them they love it.

The Democrats are the Media Party.  They don't run the media, the media runs them.

The Media Party only has two stories.  One is Vietnam.  The other is Watergate.

Every square peg has to be jammed into one of those round holes.

Every military action has to be Vietnam all over again.

Every time they lose an election,  it has to be Watergate.

2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Sort of happened back in the 60's when Kennedy and Diefenbaker got into a spat over the u.s. placing nukes in Canada.  Pearson won the election, but still, no nukes here.  

That wasn't how it was, Canada requested the nukes as replacement for cancelling the Arrow, America agreed, then the government reversed itself in the face of a backlash.

Canada none the less bought the CF-104 so the Canadian Forces could deliver the B61 tactical nuclear bombs in Europe.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

That wasn't how it was, Canada requested the nukes as replacement for cancelling the Arrow, America agreed, then the government reversed itself in the face of a backlash.

Canada none the less bought the CF-104 so the Canadian Forces could deliver the B61 tactical nuclear bombs in Europe.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/5398763/canada-election-meddling/amp/

Their discord peaked when Diefenbaker refused Kennedy’s wishes to store nuclear warheads in Canada as part of a defence pact with the U.S., something that was supported by Canada’s opposition Liberal leader, Lester B. Pearson. 

5 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/5398763/canada-election-meddling/amp/

Their discord peaked when Diefenbaker refused Kennedy’s wishes to store nuclear warheads in Canada as part of a defence pact with the U.S., something that was supported by Canada’s opposition Liberal leader, Lester B. Pearson. 

Diefenbaker had aleady accepted the missiles and 56 of them were operational at CFB North Bay.

He simply didn't tell Canadians that they were to be nuclear armed until after they were already in place.

Then,  laughably, in typical Canadian fashion, he had to reverse himself and try to get rid of the political hot potato which he had already signed off on.

Edited by Dougie93

They also did the same thing with the CF-104, initially Canada embraced the NATO nuclear mission, then when the CF-104's got to Europe, Canada reversed itself again.

Canada is so gutless.   Pathetic gutless free rider cretin nation.

It's not hard to despise Canada, it not only disgusts me, what I came to realize is that it always has

I just had some misguided loyalty to this clown show passed down from my parents, once I jettisoned that, the cretinous nature of Canada is impossible not to call out as it is.

Canada is in NORAD and NATO, Canada fully participates in the nuclear deterrent, but all Canadian prigs care about is pretending that their shit don't stink like everybody else.

And everybody in the world knows it, which is why outside of Canada, Canada is a laughing stock.

Edited by Dougie93

7 hours ago, Teena said:

Why is a former US president getting involved in Canadian politics? 

As if I needed another reason not to vote for Trudeau.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/barack-obama-endorses-justin-trudeau-180249311.html

What a piece of crap.

Dems: "No one can meddle in our elections! It's a crime!"

Obama: "I meddle in everybody else's elections. It's awesome!"

17 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Doesn't actually address the point.   Just a smokescreen.

The facts are well known, Diefenbaker cancelled the Arrow and his replacement for it was the Bomarc Missile.

He was fully aware that the Bomarc was a nuclear missile when he signed off on it.

Canadians of course were oblivious, when they found out, the leftist anti nuclear movement went for a shit.

Then Diefenbaker cowered in the face of it, because Diefenbaker was the Original Canadian Cuck, who knew?

The best was when he ordered the Canadian Forces to stand down in the Cuban Missile Crisis and they just ignored him and carried on with the Americans.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

His title is still President Obama until the day he dies, so his endorsement still represents the US Seal. He's not free to meddle in our elections.

It's an honorary title. He's a private citizen now with no relationship with the government. But if it's a big deal and what you say is true, I guess he can be impeached too?

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I think it's clear you don't know what collusion is if you don't know the relevance of whether someone is a foreign citizen or a foreign government.

The Dems never stipulated that Russians had to be government agents in order for their help to constitute collusion. Not all of the Russian oligarchs are formally part of the russian govt. Was the girl that they had the meeting with a member of the govt? I don't think she was, yet the meeting was a huge deal.

It was argued by some that the surface-to-air guided missile, with a range of 640 km, would be an effective replacement for the manned interceptor Avro Arrow, which the Diefenbaker government had scrapped. The missiles would theoretically intercept any Soviet attacks on North America before they reached the industrial heartland of Canada.

that's brilliant, shoot down nukes with nukes.  :lol: