Immigrants cost Canada $30 billion per year

Argus

Launder away I say, return the American dollars to me, by all means, it's all green, it's not homeowners jobs to fight organized crime

Though I'm not looking to sell, this is pretty much my dream home, modest as it may be, none the less, I do getting outrageous offers for it from real estate agents trying to coax me.

I just like the confirmation that it was significantly undervalued when I prospected it.

Edited by Dougie93

11 hours ago, Argus said:

Sure thing. Soon as we get rid of public health care, public pensions which aren't fully self-funded, and welfare.

People want all that, they need to put up with businesses that pay heavy taxes and provide good jobs.

Nature had it its own way, where all living forms are fit, compete and remain in a sort of equilibrium where species do not go extinct because of a single predator.

In our twisted world, we support sub-humans with brains the size of a pea nut who use the technological progress only to get fatter and to spread toxic sludge around the world.  They do not even have the decency to properly dispose of their pop can or snack packet.

You think I am concerned about their pension???? You think I care if they wake up tomorrow?  I think you know the answer.

0_Kincolith_2019-05-11.jpg

20 hours ago, taxme said:

First of all you did not say that you were once a "foreigner", okay. How am I supposed to know who you are and whether you were born here in Canada or not? Hello. I was born in Canada so that does not make me a foreigner. At one time there was no problem with immigration. Today, there is a problem with immigration. Canada is bringing in more new immigrants then it can handle. Many are legal and illegal refugees who have not paid one dam nickel to help make this Canada roll on and pay for all the services which they now receive for free at my tax dollars expense. 

I don't understand as to why you would think that I am being extreme when all I have been saying here so many times that immigration must be cut back big time or cut altogether. That is not being extreme? That is using your brain. :D

It goes without saying. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that. From my writing it is clear English is not my first language.

You are extreme because you don't acknowledge facts. There is good and bad sides to everything and immigration is no exception. There are some good immigrants who are hard working and contribute very positively to Canada and they are some bad immigrants who stay on social programs forever or become criminals after arrival. Just like there are good and bad born Canadians who fall into those exact same categories. Also as another example they are some Canadians who have become millionaires because of rising housing prices everywhere and some who cannot even get into housing market and many other good and bad examples of immigration. Not to mention immigrants become consumers and hence stimulate consumer spending which is the larger side of the economy resulting in higher growth which benefits every citizen. Educate yourself and you will know the benefits of immigration well outweigh the harms.

I am the one who is fair and honest and state the facts that we should cut down immigration to half and we must be more SELECTIVE on immigration and hence reduce the flow of bad immigrants and increase and select the good ones based on adaptability and potential of positive contributions to Canada. You are extreme because you wish to ban immigration all together because of the bad side of it totally disregarding the positive sides of it to advance your case. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

9 hours ago, cougar said:

You think I am concerned about their pension???? You think I care if they wake up tomorrow?  I think you know the answer.

Somebody has to pay.  The consumer, or the taxpayer - rich or poor.  Ask a Conservative and the answer will depend on the topic -  immigration, labour laws etc. (They are such emotional types.  

Now the mantra seems to be to reduce immigration for lower-paying jobs, ( and silent on high tech jobs that pay in the top brackets but anyway) and the new heartfelt empathy for the (white) working class.  Not even a generation ago, these same people were having their unions demonized by the same people.  Now that the uneducated masses have so few options, conservatives have to to scramble to find a new scapegoat. 

22 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

To pretend like they can fix the problem when government intervention will just make it worse, and people like you will believe the bullsh*t they use to justify it.

They pick a foreign boogeyman so you won't look at how local, provincial and federal governments have exacerbated the issue with previous interventions, because you are too busy looking abroad for the cause.

When the foreign tax doesn't work, which it currently isn't, you simply assume it wasn't high enough, the answer is always evermore government intervention. People like you are the problem, not foreigners.

It’s simple supply and demand economics.  Higher taxes on foreigners will cut the demand for our very limited housing stock.  I suppose the alternative is to ban foreign ownership of Canadian property.  Maybe a good idea.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s simple supply and demand economics.  Higher taxes on foreigners will cut the demand for our very limited housing stock.  I suppose the alternative is to ban foreign ownership of Canadian property.  Maybe a good idea.  

Demand will not be considerably effected by such actions, the foreign buyers are not behind the rise in demand. Domestic demand will still continue to drive prices up even if all foreign ownership was banned, and it's a terrible idea.

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Demand will not be considerably effected by such actions, the foreign buyers are not behind the rise in demand. Domestic demand will still continue to drive prices up even if all foreign ownership was banned, and it's a terrible idea.

With total immigration levels, including refugees, of 350,000-425,000 and a young new generation of Canadian Millennial wannabe home-owners who can’t afford to save up a down payment for a studio condo, I’d say something radical needs to happen, unless you want to get into the boondoggle of subsidizing public housing.  We need to incentivize home building through deregulation and new design alternatives, such as mini homes and modular housing.  Land has to be freed up for this in cities, probably on former industrial lands, but that requires easing up on zoning and streamlining environmental assessments, which the radical tree huggers deplore.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

With total immigration levels, including refugees, of 350,000-425,000 and a young new generation of Canadian Millennial wannabe home-owners who can’t afford to save up a down payment for a studio condo, I’d say something radical needs to happen, unless you want to get into the boondoggle of subsidizing public housing.  We need to incentivize home building through deregulation and new design alternatives, such as mini homes and modular housing.  Land has to be freed up for this in cities, probably on former industrial lands, but that requires streamlining environmental assessments, which the radical tree huggers deplore.  

Are you even listening to yourself? You say they need incentivize home building through deregulation, while acting like the solution is disincentivizing home building through regulation of foreign buyers.

Captain Contradiction to the rescue, half baked thinking is a helluva drug.

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Land has to be freed up for this in cities, probably on former industrial lands, but that requires easing up on zoning and streamlining environmental assessments, which the radical tree huggers deplore.  

So - tear down the greenbelt so places can sit empty for the purposes of speculation and pending air bnb rentals ? 

All for it - now let's tax the shit out of those people to pay for the impact it has on the rest of us: carbon footprint, lack of housing, lack of greenspace.

I'm tired of paying for other peoples' playtime, personally.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So - tear down the greenbelt so places can sit empty for the purposes of speculation and pending air bnb rentals ? 

All for it - now let's tax the shit out of those people to pay for the impact it has on the rest of us: carbon footprint, lack of housing, lack of greenspace.

No, if you want more government revenue for paying for your favorite gibs, then a lower tax will actually help fund it better than an overly high tax rate. 

You don't want to strange the profitability of the source of funding by taxing the sh*t out them, that results in less revenue because they make less money, so less can be collected in taxes because the pool to tax from is smaller.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You don't want to strange the profitability of the source of funding by taxing the sh*t out them, that result in less revenue because they make less money, so less can be collected in taxes because the pool to tax from is smaller.

I want the activity in question to fund the activities it's displacing, like affordable housing and parks and better air.  We're doing all of this anti-human activity now, so where is the diversion of the 'additional resources' from general revenue ? 

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I want the activity in question to fund the activities it's displacing, like affordable housing and parks and better air.  We're doing all of this anti-human activity now, so where is the diversion of the 'additional resources' from general revenue ? 

In order for the funding of the activities it's deplacing to be maximized, overly burdensome tax rates are not the way to achieve that.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It goes without saying. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that. From my writing it is clear English is not my first language.

You are extreme because you don't acknowledge facts. There is good and bad sides to everything and immigration is no exception. There are some good immigrants who are hard working and contribute very positively to Canada and they are some bad immigrants who stay on social programs forever or become criminals after arrival. Just like there are good and bad born Canadians who fall into those exact same categories. Also as another example they are some Canadians who have become millionaires because of rising housing prices everywhere and some who cannot even get into housing market and many other good and bad examples of immigration. Not to mention immigrants become consumers and hence stimulate consumer spending which is the larger side of the economy resulting in higher growth which benefits every citizen. Educate yourself and you will know the benefits of immigration well outweigh the harms.

I am the one who is fair and honest and state the facts that we should cut down immigration to half and we must be more SELECTIVE on immigration and hence reduce the flow of bad immigrants and increase and select the good ones based on adaptability and potential of positive contributions to Canada. You are extreme because you wish to ban immigration all together because of the bad side of it totally disregarding the positive sides of it to advance your case. 

How many times do I have to keep saying this to people like you? All that I see coming from more immigration is the need for more infrastructure. More roads, more homes, more malls. More restaurants. More social and medical services required. More attacks on our precious environment and the deaths of more wildlife on the roads. The environmentalists and animal lovers seem to be very quiet on that one.

Then all we get is more new religions, more new languages, more new cultures and plenty of new traditions and most are in conflict and culturally incompatible with our own Canadian traditions and values and ways of life. And all of this is due to the massive amounts of new immigrants coming from countries that have weird and strange customs to host Canadians.

If immigration is supposed to be so great for Canada and Canadians then maybe you can tell me as to why it is costing the host Canadians 30 billion of their tax dollars every year by all of the new immigrants/refugees that Canada takes in every year? Don't ramble on about something else here? Answer that simple question for me. Go ahead, make your day. ;)

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

How many times do I have to keep saying this to people like you? All that I see coming from more immigration is the need for more infrastructure. More roads, more homes, more malls. More restaurants.

Infrastructure needs to be updated all the time. It's inevitable. It's not a bad thing. Infrastructure is one of the top job creating areas in most countries.

More social and medical services required.

Baby boomers are retiring at a much higher rate than we're having children. There are two outcomes:

1) Baby boomers are no longer doing the jobs they were doing and there is a smaller percentage taking their places. This is why we have so much need for skilled workers. This is not some bs conspiracy - it's the truth.

2) When more taxpayers retire than people taking their spots, it means that we have less people paying taxes. When they retire, their costs go up, especially for social and medical services.

Until we have automation and more robots that can take the place of humans to do work, we need replacements for people who are retiring or dying. This is simple economics. Without immigration, this is not going to be realized. Majority of the immigrants that are coming into Canada are coming through the skilled worker programs. These are people who are under 35, with savings and most importantly, with skills that we need.

A perfect example of this are the east coast provinces. Look at their economies. They're stale. There is debt. There is no economic activity. This is not because of immigration. This is because people are getting older and there aren't enough people who are replacing them.

Here is a comparison between 2nd generation (children of people who migrated to Canada) from West Asian/Arab countries, compared to 2nd generation whites - This is something I shared with Argus after he continued on about how Arab/Asian immigrants don't do as well as White immigrants:

image.png.b05d519cccd98f7f39037f2bc074ba33.png

image.png.bfe256bbdedbf94a97ef0eb48f734735.png

More attacks on our precious environment and the deaths of more wildlife on the roads. The environmentalists and animal lovers seem to be very quiet on that one.

You're blaming this on immigration? Weak.

Better planning and policies are needed to tackle these issues. For example, in Alberta, there is a stretch of highway 1, where they have created overpasses for wildlife to bypass the traffic. The number of wildlife being hit by vehicles has gone down drastically.

Then all we get is more new religions, more new languages, more new cultures and plenty of new traditions and most are in conflict and culturally incompatible with our own Canadian traditions and values and ways of life. And all of this is due to the massive amounts of new immigrants coming from countries that have weird and strange customs to host Canadians.

Canada has been experiencing these new waves of immigration for a long time. It's nothing new. The reason why you think our culture is in danger is because you've consumed yourself with anti-immigration sentiment and are in an alert mode because of what you surround yourself with.

I live in one of the most diverse cities in Canada: Vancouver. I've also lived in Regina, one of the least diverse cities. At least it used to be. I can tell you that Vancouver is a much better place to live. Personally, I love seeing new cultures. New food. New stores. New energy. 

Life would be so boring if there was no change. The Silk Road, connecting Asia and Europe was one of the most important part of our planet's history. It brought different cultures together. Ideas were exchanged. Ideas were adopted. Ideas were improved.

Life will NEVER stand still. Everything is always changing and in some cases, improving. We need to focus on how to make sure that the inevitable change happens in a positive way.

If immigration is supposed to be so great for Canada and Canadians then maybe you can tell me as to why it is costing the host Canadians 30 billion of their tax dollars every year by all of the new immigrants/refugees that Canada takes in every year? Don't ramble on about something else here? Answer that simple question for me. Go ahead, make your day. ;)

Costing us $30 billion a year? Can you validate this?

You're too afraid of the others. Next time you're in Vancouver, I want to take you out for some food. Food is the best way to connect with people from other cultures. Talk to these people. Get to know them. We're all the same. All people want is to live a happy and secure life. Don't let stereotypes and ignorance poison your view of people. Over 99.9% of people you see every day, it doesn't matter where they're from, are good people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Somebody has to pay.  The consumer, or the taxpayer - rich or poor.  Ask a Conservative and the answer will depend on the topic -  immigration, labour laws etc. (They are such emotional types.  

Now the mantra seems to be to reduce immigration for lower-paying jobs, ( and silent on high tech jobs that pay in the top brackets but anyway) and the new heartfelt empathy for the (white) working class.  Not even a generation ago, these same people were having their unions demonized by the same people.  Now that the uneducated masses have so few options, conservatives have to to scramble to find a new scapegoat. 

So the choice is between conservatives who scramble to try and find out who or what is at fault, and progressives who are too ignorant to even realize there is a problem, or care about solving it as long as 'muh diversity' is worshipped.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

So the choice is between conservatives who scramble to try and find out who or what is at fault, and progressives who are too ignorant to even realize there is a problem, or care about solving it as long as 'muh diversity' is worshipped.

I will grant you that progressives should be more open to discussing 'immigration'.  But an open investigation of economic realities should be a factual discussion, not a witch hunt.  If we can agree that there is no place for 'blame' in such a discussion then I think we could start.  

1 hour ago, marcus said:

The reason why you think our culture is in danger is because you've consumed yourself with anti-immigration sentiment and are in an alert mode because of what you surround yourself with. 

Our culture is not in danger - it is thriving, thanks especially to new, younger and more diverse voices.  Such are the biggest cultural exports we have.

43 minutes ago, marcus said:

Infrastructure needs to be updated all the time. It's inevitable. It's not a bad thing. Infrastructure is one of the top job creating areas in most countries.

Baby boomers are retiring at a much higher rate than we're having children. There are two outcomes:

1) Baby boomers are no longer doing the jobs they were doing and there is a smaller percentage taking their places. This is why we have so much need for skilled workers. This is not some bs conspiracy - it's the truth.

2) When more taxpayers retire than people taking their spots, it means that we have less people paying taxes. When they retire, their costs go up, especially for social and medical services.

Until we have automation and more robots that can take the place of humans to do work, we need replacements for people who are retiring or dying. This is simple economics. Without immigration, this is not going to be realized. Majority of the immigrants that are coming into Canada are coming through the skilled worker programs. These are people who are under 35, with savings and most importantly, with skills that we need.

A perfect example of this are the east coast provinces. Look at their economies. They're stale. There is debt. There is no economic activity. This is not because of immigration. This is because people are getting older and there aren't enough people who are replacing them.

Here is a comparison between 2nd generation (children of people who migrated to Canada) from West Asian/Arab countries, compared to 2nd generation whites - This is something I shared with Argus after he continued on about how Arab/Asian immigrants don't do as well as White immigrants:

image.png.b05d519cccd98f7f39037f2bc074ba33.png

image.png.bfe256bbdedbf94a97ef0eb48f734735.png

You're blaming this on immigration? Weak.

Better planning and policies are needed to tackle these issues. For example, in Alberta, there is a stretch of highway 1, where they have created overpasses for wildlife to bypass the traffic. The number of wildlife being hit by vehicles has gone down drastically.

Canada has been experiencing these new waves of immigration for a long time. It's nothing new. The reason why you think our culture is in danger is because you've consumed yourself with anti-immigration sentiment and are in an alert mode because of what you surround yourself with.

I live in one of the most diverse cities in Canada: Vancouver. I've also lived in Regina, one of the least diverse cities. At least it used to be. I can tell you that Vancouver is a much better place to live. Personally, I love seeing new cultures. New food. New stores. New energy. 

Life would be so boring if there was no change. The Silk Road, connecting Asia and Europe was one of the most important part of our planet's history. It brought different cultures together. Ideas were exchanged. Ideas were adopted. Ideas were improved.

Life will NEVER stand still. Everything is always changing and in some cases, improving. We need to focus on how to make sure that the inevitable change happens in a positive way.

Costing us $30 billion a year? Can you validate this?

You're too afraid of the others. Next time you're in Vancouver, I want to take you out for some food. Food is the best way to connect with people from other cultures. Talk to these people. Get to know them. We're all the same. All people want is to live a happy and secure life. Don't let stereotypes and ignorance poison your view of people. Over 99.9% of people you see every day, it doesn't matter where they're from, are good people. 

1. No kidding, Einstein. Sure infrastructure needs upgrading all the time. Why? Maybe because there are more people in Canada today who are causing more damage to those infrastructures. Think about that. 

2. Go check out the birth rates compared to the death rates on the internet like I did. The birth rates are a lot higher than the death rates and therefore why more immigration. If Canada would stop spending billions on more new immigrants and start creating new incentives and putting that 30 billion into Canadian people's pockets instead to have more babies we would not need all of this massive immigration that Canada gets every year. If you believe that Canada needs more new immigrants than you have to be one of those globalists who see more immigration as a way of  being able to pay people lower wages. It has nothing to do with the replacing of the older population nonsense. Canada in two years went from 35 million to 37 million and all that has done was to attack all of our infrastructures, the environment, and has added more of a burden on our social and medical services. You must be a pro globalist by the looks of things. Instead of bringing in approx. 400,000 new immigrants every year, why not bring in only 50,000 a year. Even that figure is way too much for Canada and Canadians to handle. Diversity is not my strength. It will be Canada's downfall in time. 

3. Your charts are showing just how bad things are getting in Canada for white folk. We are being replaced by nonwhite people because our numbers are declining because of the massive amounts of new immigrants that are coming from non Western countries. Our pro globalist leftist liberal politicians do not want any white people immigrating to Canada. They want less white people. Of the new immigrants coming to Canada, the rate is approx.85% nonwhite against approx. 15% white The whites in that chart will only look and things can only get worse for them as time goes on. White people should be up in the 90% chart range if it were not for old man comrade Trudeau who went and changed our immigration policy back in the early sixties to promote more nonwhite immigration, and less white immigration, the white people would be way up there. Facts are facts, Mac. 

I have no problem with new cultures bringing in new food menus. I do enjoy going out for some Chinese or Thai Asian foods. It's very delicious and different tasting food. What I do not need to see is having the need to have on every corner another Asian or some other foreign culture restaurant. A variety of different food restaurants is great. Vancouver is loaded with Asian restaurants. Enough already. It's getting hard to find a good old Canadian family restaurant in Canada that serves home cooked meals anymore especially in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver. Junk food restaurants and foreign restaurant foods is all one seems to be able to find. Timmy's is okay.  

The Fraser Institute will validate as to what is going on in Canada as far as massive immigration goes. Don't be lazy? Go check it out for yourself. 

I am not afraid of other cultures. But as time goes on, I may have to be. There are many new cultures that have immigrated to Canada where they hardly have to become Canadian and absorb Canadian culture anymore. The Sikhs and Asians alone are not really assimilating anymore like they use too. Why? Because their numbers are becoming so high in Canada that there is no need for them to assimilate into Canadian culture anymore. They can live in their own media culture and can now survive getting along in their own culture. I suspect that most must not be too happy about having to speak English to get some what by. The English language is probably a bit annoying to them to have to speak at times with us Western Canadians. 

Aw well, too bad for them. Lol. 

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No we shouldn’t dismantle or do any permanent development on the Greenbelt, but government could lease some parts of the Greenbelt for modular/mini-home temporary housing.  By unused I mean areas that aren’t environmentally sensitive such as watercourses and forests, and areas that aren’t used for recreation.  There are some segments that happen to fall within the Greenbelt but that don’t play the role of fruitlands, parks, carbon sinks, rivers or anything special.  The housing allowed would be impermanent and could be rescinded by no longer renewing leases.  It’s just one more way of boosting housing supply without government getting into the unsustainable business of building and maintaining affordable housing.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Our culture is not in danger - it is thriving, thanks especially to new, younger and more diverse voices.  Such are the biggest cultural exports we have.

So, why then has Christmas celebrations in schools not being celebrated in schools anymore like it once did? There are no Christmas Trees put up in schools all that much anymore. Why? Because we have been told by the leftist liberals that Christmas Trees may be seen as offensive to other cultures so no more Christmas Trees in Schools. By taking Christmas out of schools does show me that our Canadian culture is in danger. Can you show me as to where our Western Canadian culture is thriving? I can only see today non Western cultures are thriving and multiplying. Well? 

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

So, why then has Christmas celebrations in schools not being celebrated in schools anymore like it once did? There are no Christmas Trees put up in schools all that much anymore. Why? Because we have been told by the leftist liberals that Christmas Trees may be seen as offensive to other cultures so no more Christmas Trees in Schools. By taking Christmas out of schools does show me that our Canadian culture is in danger. Can you show me as to where our Western Canadian culture is thriving? I can only see today non Western cultures are thriving and multiplying. Well? 

I somewhat agree with you on this.  It’s where the left is dipping into fascist bans on freedom of religion.  We’re seeing it in Quebec.  Rather than bans on government workers wearing religious symbols I’d far rather see all people feel free to express their faiths.  Bring on the Christmas trees and nativity scenes at Christmas, the menorahs at Hanukkah, and the feasting at Eid.  That’s a far healthier democratic way to be than to suppress religious expression like a communist country.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

1. No kidding, Einstein. Sure infrastructure needs upgrading all the time. Why? Maybe because there are more people in Canada today who are causing more damage to those infrastructures. Think about that. 

It's not the number of people which is the main reason we need to upgrade or update. It's time. 

2. Go check out the birth rates compared to the death rates on the internet like I did. The birth rates are a lot higher than the death rates and therefore why more immigration. If Canada would stop spending billions on more new immigrants and start creating new incentives and putting that 30 billion into Canadian people's pockets instead to have more babies we would not need all of this massive immigration that Canada gets every year. If you believe that Canada needs more new immigrants than you have to be one of those globalists who see more immigration as a way of  being able to pay people lower wages. It has nothing to do with the replacing of the older population nonsense. Canada in two years went from 35 million to 37 million and all that has done was to attack all of our infrastructures, the environment, and has added more of a burden on our social and medical services. You must be a pro globalist by the looks of things. Instead of bringing in approx. 400,000 new immigrants every year, why not bring in only 50,000 a year. Even that figure is way too much for Canada and Canadians to handle. Diversity is not my strength. It will be Canada's downfall in time. 

The aging of our population and a declining fertility rate will continue to have a significant impact on our economy. In 1971, there were 6.6 people of working age for each senior. By 2012, the worker-to-retiree ratio had dropped to 4.2 to 1, and projections put the ratio at 2 to 1 by 2036, at which time five million Canadians are set to retire.

Immigration alone cannot solve this demographic challenge, but it can help, as we look to keep our economy growing and maintain our commitments for health care, public pensions and other social programs. In recent years, more than 80 per cent of the immigrants we admit have been under 45 years of age.

You should be proud of our strict immigration system. Most other countries are looking at our immigration system in order to fix theirs. 

3. Your charts are showing just how bad things are getting in Canada for white folk. We are being replaced by nonwhite people because our numbers are declining because of the massive amounts of new immigrants that are coming from non Western countries.

Really? Is that what you see in the charts?

These white folks are children of recent immigrants from white countries. 

What I see from these figures is that the children of immigrants who are coming to Canada end up performing better, if they are from non-European countries. Contrary to what many, including Argus, think.

Our pro globalist leftist liberal politicians do not want any white people immigrating to Canada. They want less white people. Of the new immigrants coming to Canada, the rate is approx.85% nonwhite against approx. 15% white The whites in that chart will only look and things can only get worse for them as time goes on. White people should be up in the 90% chart range if it were not for old man comrade Trudeau who went and changed our immigration policy back in the early sixties to promote more nonwhite immigration, and less white immigration, the white people would be way up there. Facts are facts, Mac. 

Look at the charts and figures in regards to white vs non-white immigrants in Canada. Facts are facts.

Speaking of facts:

Many European are fine where they are. They're not looking to immigrate to Canada. It's not like Canada is opening up the door to only Indians and the Chinese and shutting the door to the whites. Our immigration system, for the most part, is competitive based. If you're coming to Canada, your age, English level, education and work experience is looked at. Not what country they're from or what colour the person is. That said, there are advantages that Europeans have over others: If you're under 35 (30 in some other countries) and from Europe, you are able to get an open work permit to come to Canada and work, which can open the door to immigrating permanently. This is something those other countries don't have. Your view of our immigration system is lacking knowledge of how it works.

I have no problem with new cultures bringing in new food menus. I do enjoy going out for some Chinese or Thai Asian foods. It's very delicious and different tasting food. What I do not need to see is having the need to have on every corner another Asian or some other foreign culture restaurant. A variety of different food restaurants is great. Vancouver is loaded with Asian restaurants. Enough already. It's getting hard to find a good old Canadian family restaurant in Canada that serves home cooked meals anymore especially in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver. Junk food restaurants and foreign restaurant foods is all one seems to be able to find. Timmy's is okay.  

You're not being realistic. Canada has never been known as a place with 'good old Canadian home cooking'. The only representation of 'white food' are chain burger restaurants and Tim Hortons. Fxck that shxt. That's crap food and I welcome alternatives. Alternatives are more than just Chinese restaurants. Plus, YOU have the option of choosing between the many alternatives. I am digging all of the new latin food options. There are several delicious Lebanese restaurants in Vancouver. The options are out there. You just need to look.

The Fraser Institute will validate as to what is going on in Canada as far as massive immigration goes. Don't be lazy? Go check it out for yourself. 

I am not afraid of other cultures. But as time goes on, I may have to be. There are many new cultures that have immigrated to Canada where they hardly have to become Canadian and absorb Canadian culture anymore. The Sikhs and Asians alone are not really assimilating anymore like they use too. Why? Because their numbers are becoming so high in Canada that there is no need for them to assimilate into Canadian culture anymore. They can live in their own media culture and can now survive getting along in their own culture. I suspect that most must not be too happy about having to speak English to get some what by. The English language is probably a bit annoying to them to have to speak at times with us Western Canadians. 

It's true that when you surround yourself with people who are exactly like you, there is no advancement. Sikhs in some parts of Surrey are a good example of this. Another good example are whites in the rural area. Living in Vancouver, I see many cultures. I'm used to differentiating between cultures, based on skin tone, accents and mannerism. But guess what! My children don't. It's amazing seeing my children grow up with kids from different cultures. They are building their own culture with kids with different backgrounds. 

Personally, I welcome new cultures and new ideas. It's my choice which I embrace and which ones I don't. Just like it is your choice.

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

WHERE?

Again, I live in a pretty diverse place and every year there is a HUGE xmas tree in my children's school.

Where are they taking away xmas trees in schools? I am curious.

57 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. ... but government could lease some parts of the Greenbelt for modular/mini-home temporary housing.  By unused I mean areas that aren’t environmentally sensitive such as watercourses and forests, and areas that aren’t used for recreation.  

2. There are some segments that happen to fall within the Greenbelt but that don’t play the role of fruitlands, parks, carbon sinks, rivers or anything special.  The housing allowed would be impermanent and could be rescinded by no longer renewing leases.  It’s just one more way of boosting housing supply without government getting into the unsustainable business of building and maintaining affordable housing.  

1. Forests ?  Temporary housing in forests and on lakes ?

2. Or we could just act against foreigners buying homes to keep them empty.  If you think this is rare, there were at least two homes on my tiny street early this year that had that happening.

4 hours ago, taxme said:

How many times do I have to keep saying this to people like you? All that I see coming from more immigration is the need for more infrastructure. More roads, more homes, more malls. More restaurants. More social and medical services required. More attacks on our precious environment and the deaths of more wildlife on the roads. The environmentalists and animal lovers seem to be very quiet on that one.

You don't understand the fundamentals of growth and prosperity and how it creates jobs and wealth.  Yes it is the need for new infrastructure that simulates growth and creates jobs and yes new immigrants are the engine for that. Not only new infrastructure but even more costly social  and medical  creates jobs. Don't hate out of ignorance but first educate yourself. Population as a whole is a burden on environment so the world population needs to be controlled. In spite of high levels of immigration past decade or two Canadians in general are much more prosperous than two decades ago. Unemployment is much lower compare to 90's and the main sectors of economy being housing and manufacturing is booming whereas we have about 10 million more immigrants in this country.

Even if your figures are correct then imagine that even if half of immigrants since 90's are tax payers now and each paying an average of $12000 direct income tax then each year those immigrant paying twice more in taxes (60 billion dollars annually) than the figure YOU claim the new immigrant would cost each year. And that is just Direct income tax alone they all pay other taxes two like HST and property taxes.

• Like 1