Immigrants cost Canada $30 billion per year

Argus

20 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Canada population has net gain 105,837 in 2018, with 385,777 new born , and 279,940 deaths.. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/443051/number-of-births-in-canada/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/443061/number-of-deaths-in-canada/

Sure there is a lot of growth coming from immigration, but would we not get the same benefits if we could increase births right here in Canada. So there is more than one way to skin a cat...30 bil dollars we pay out annually for immigration would more than pay for any incentive to Canadian parents would it not...

Housing prices are rising in Vancouver and other major cities because of criminals laundering money, and thats growth we do not need, but then again liberal doctrine suggests it's ok to break the law if it creates new jobs...

Which party wants immigration based on skin color ? 

There is no political party in Canada that bases itself on skin color. But the one that is being made to appear as though color is the difference is the PPC and Maxine Bernier which is totally false. It is the leftist liberal pro-massive immigration gang that wants to try and make Bernier appear to be anti-immigrant and racist. The only thing that Bernier has said about immigration is that there are far too many immigrants being allowed to enter Canada. Canada does not need the approx. 400,000 new legal and illegal immigrants/refugees every year that globalist Trudeau and his Somali immigration minister want to bring in. Those two buffoons want Canada to take in another one million new immigrants into Canada in the next three years. This is massive stupidity.

Indeed, the only reason why the cost of housing is so high in Vancouver is because of the massive amounts of Asians laundering their criminal money into Canada for decades now. Thanks to those new immigrants they have made housing costs mush higher in BC than what they should have ever gone too.  And it would appear as though our federal and provincial governments were well aware of this but said or did nothing about it. I guess that when someone shoves a few thousand tax free dollars into your back pocket, hey, why should I say anything. Indeed, our Canadian politicians sure do like to give the impression that have great concern and care about your well being, Canadians. Some people's stunned kids will believe just about everything a politician will tell them without question. They believe that politicians would never lie to them. Ya sure. ;)

3 hours ago, taxme said:

So, you lost your job to a foreigner. I do not feel sorry for you at all

In your book I am a foreigner too. Or because my skin is very white that alone would make me Canadian in your book?

I lost a fair competition to someone who worked much harder but he happened to have come over a decade later than me. So yes if we had stopped immigration, I would have still had my good high paying job. Oh wait!!!, on second thought I wouldn't have been here at the first place to have that good high paying job!!!!!. Oh wait again. You wouldn't have been here to make these comments either as (unless you are a native Canadian) your ancestors wouldn't have been allowed to immigrate to Canada either. 

Based on my calculations I have paid already over half a million dollars in various taxes. They have gone into treasury to maintain social programs including health service for Canadians and other programs which pays Canadians in need and I did this happily. By the time I retire that figure would be close to a million if not over. So after all these contributions (not to mention educating many Canadian students who are now professionals and tax payers thanks to the education they received) I am still a foreigner in your book because I happened to be born elsewhere. Your criteria is not welcomed by most of the citizens here. Not by this Citizen for sure.

Immigration levels should come down to a reasonable level that they can be absorbed but not stopped completely. And adaptability must become the main criteria as well as potential for contributions to Canada. I am a moderate not (unlike you) an extreme.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

18 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That was what I was saying. 105,837 is not nearly enough.

How force people to have more sex? Or have children they can't afford?

Immigration is not illegal so why you are comparing with criminals I can't understand!!

Not any party but I have read here from individuals suggesting that.

WOW for I guy who said I did not read his post , perhaps we should both read a little more carefully.

Sure there is a lot of growth coming from immigration, but would we not get the same benefits if we could increase births right here in Canada. So there is more than one way to skin a cat...30 bil dollars we pay out annually for immigration would more than pay for any incentive to Canadian parents would it not...

No we are not going to force anyone to have unprotected sex, what we are going to do is entice them to do just that with incentives, much like we do now with family allowances ..only on steroids, currently we spend roughly 30 bil a year on immigration, that pays for a lot of incentives....making having children much more affordable....and returning money back into Canadian pockets....and with the added benefit of increasing our population with a home grown solution, decreasing our need for immigration and all the costs that it brings with it. 

Housing prices are rising in Vancouver and other major cities because of criminals laundering money, and thats growth we do not need, but then again liberal doctrine suggests it's ok to break the law if it creates new jobs...

Like I said in my post above, while answering your post below, The media and government have already released statements that one of the largest contributors to raising prices in houses is the criminal elements using the purchasing and sale  of real estate to laundry money...which is not the type of growth we need...See "NO" mention of immigration at all....

Someone cited the Vancouver rapidly housing prices (and elsewhere in Canada). All economists will tell you that rising housing prices is a good thing and brings growth to the economy and confidence as people spend more and stimulate growth. There is nothing worse than falling housing prices for any economy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Indeed, the only reason why the cost of housing is so high in Vancouver is because of the massive amounts of Asians laundering their criminal money into Canada for decades now. Thanks to those new immigrants they have made housing costs mush higher in BC than what they should have ever gone too.  

Yes Asians are the reason for skyrocketing housing prices in Vancouver but laundering their criminal money!! Can you back up the laundering part?

So immigrants made hundreds of thousand of Canadians (home owners) millionaires in Vancouver and millions more elsewhere right? I rest my case.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

6 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes Asians are the reason for skyrocketing housing prices in Vancouver but laundering their criminal money!! Can you back up the laundering part?

So immigrants made hundreds of thousand of Canadians (home owners) millionaires in Vancouver and millions more elsewhere right? I rest my case.

That million isn’t worth much in terms of the housing it can buy in Vancouver.  Are you suggesting that Vancouver born Canadians should sell their property to rich Asians and move to cheaper smaller places outside Vancouver?  Maybe taxing foreign home buyers and using the revenue to build more affordable housing is a better option, so that Canadians can afford to live in Vancouver. 

49 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That million isn’t worth much in terms of the housing it can buy in Vancouver.  Are you suggesting that Vancouver born Canadians should sell their property to rich Asians and move to cheaper smaller places outside Vancouver?  Maybe taxing foreign home buyers and using the revenue to build more affordable housing is a better option, so that Canadians can afford to live in Vancouver. 

House prices aren't going to get more affordable in Vancouver, government subsidized housing isn't going to fix it, and neither is taxing foreign home buyers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

House prices aren't going to get more affordable in Vancouver, government subsidized housing isn't going to fix it, and neither is taxing foreign home buyers.

Come on,  once the KM pipeline is built and after a couple of major spills around Stanley Park, who do you think will want to live there?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cougar said:

Come on,  once the KM pipeline is built and after a couple of major spills around Stanley Park, who do you think will want to live there?

Pipelines are the most environmentally friendly way to transport oil, why you fearmongering bro? You think shipping it in via train is safer? Ask Lac-Mégantic.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Pipelines are the most environmentally friendly way to transport oil, why you fearmongering bro?

Could be the safest but once you start adding thousands of kilometers of them through all kinds of terrain and then the tankers going in all kinds of weather conditions, accidents are bound to happen.   Sorry, this is the nature of the beast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cougar said:

Could be the safest but once you start adding thousands of kilometers of them through all kinds of terrain and then the tankers going in all kinds of weather conditions, accidents are bound to happen.   Sorry, this is the nature of the beast.

Yeah but more accidents happen with other methods of transport, which is worse for the environment, so that's irrelevant. Stop with the anti-pipeline propaganda already, all the transportation methods have their downsides, but pipelines are the least flawed method of the bunch.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah but more accidents happen with other methods of transport, which is worse for the environment, so that's irrelevant. Stop with the anti-pipeline propaganda already.

The safest is what nature has created - no pipeline and the real s*t deep in the ground.  Rail, pipeline, truck, tanker, doesn't really matter as the quantities transported increase all the time - they will all result in disaster.

But that was in reference to the Vancouver real estate prices. 

Hey , wait a second, those guys in Asia are already used to sub standard air and water quality.  Maybe the prices will remain high even after the spill.  Nothing to worry about.;)

28 minutes ago, cougar said:

The safest is what nature has created - no pipeline and the real s*t deep in the ground.  Rail, pipeline, truck, tanker, doesn't really matter as the quantities transported increase all the time - they will all result in disaster.

But that was in reference to the Vancouver real estate prices. 

Hey , wait a second, those guys in Asia are already used to sub standard air and water quality.  Maybe the prices will remain high even after the spill.  Nothing to worry about.;)

Yeah well, the oil ain't staying in the ground, no matter how hard you wish that it would, therefore you've got to transport that oil one way or another, so might as well go with the safest and most economic way of doing that.

Shutting down pipelines ain't helping the environment, it just forces more oil to be transported by more dangerous and less economic methods, so be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The main reason home prices are so high is the influx of international money from people who have a totally different idea of affordability.  Hong Kong has the most expensive real estate in the world.  Tax the hell out of foreign home buyers and maybe they won’t buy up all available housing stock as the highest bidders. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You are putting words in my mouth. I never remotely suggested that. I said there are many home owners whose homes worth over a million now as a result of immigration all over the country. Hence they are millionaires. Nobody forcing anyone to sell. Those who sell wish to take advantage of their rising home prices or invest elsewhere or travel.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The main reason home prices are so high is the influx of international money from people who have a totally different idea of affordability.  Hong Kong has the most expensive real estate in the world.  Tax the hell out of foreign home buyers and maybe they won’t buy up all available housing stock as the highest bidders. 

The reason is that non-international money is driving up housing prices, international money is not the main driver, not even close. If you banned all foreign buyers, it wouldn't even come close to making Vancouver more affordable. High Vancouver housing prices are not the fault of foreign boogeymen.

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 hours ago, cougar said:

Sure thing. Soon as we get rid of public health care, public pensions which aren't fully self-funded, and welfare.

People want all that, they need to put up with businesses that pay heavy taxes and provide good jobs.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The reason is that non-international money is driving up housing prices, international money is not the main driver, not even close. If you banned all foreign buyers, it wouldn't even come close to making Vancouver more affordable. High Vancouver housing prices are not the fault of foreign boogeymen.

You’re entirely wrong.  Go to an open house in Vancouver or show up on the designated day that the seller is receiving offers.  There will be multiple offers and many of the foreign buyers have the deepest pockets. 

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re entirely wrong.  Go to an open house in Vancouver or show up on the designated day that the seller is receiving offers.  There will be multiple offers and many of the foreign buyers have the deepest pockets. 

You're entirely wrong, you fell for media hype and propaganda. All major first world cities have similar pricing problem and foreign buyers are not the cause, they play only a minor role in it and are being scapegoated as the primary cause.

Edited by Yzermandius19

15 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You're entirely wrong, you fell for media hype and propaganda. All major first world cities have similar pricing problem and foreign buyers are not the cause, they play only a minor role in it and are being scapegoated as the primary cause.

You’re just wrong.  I’m active in the housing market and see how the bidding unfolds all the time.  The phenomenon I’m describing is much more prevalent in Canada’s largest cities, especially Vancouver and Toronto.  

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Why do you think Ontario and B.C. created a foreign buyers’ tax?   In fact it should rise about 500 percent to make a real difference.  

To pretend like they can fix the problem when government intervention will just make it worse, and people like you will believe the bullsh*t they use to justify it.

They pick a foreign boogeyman so you won't look at how local, provincial and federal governments have exacerbated the issue with previous interventions, because you are too busy looking abroad for the cause.

When the foreign tax doesn't work, which it currently isn't, you simply assume it wasn't high enough, the answer is always evermore government intervention. People like you are the problem, not foreigners.

Edited by Yzermandius19

21 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

In your book I am a foreigner too. Or because my skin is very white that alone would make me Canadian in your book?

I lost a fair competition to someone who worked much harder but he happened to have come over a decade later than me. So yes if we had stopped immigration, I would have still had my good high paying job. Oh wait!!!, on second thought I wouldn't have been here at the first place to have that good high paying job!!!!!. Oh wait again. You wouldn't have been here to make these comments either as (unless you are a native Canadian) your ancestors wouldn't have been allowed to immigrate to Canada either. 

Based on my calculations I have paid already over half a million dollars in various taxes. They have gone into treasury to maintain social programs including health service for Canadians and other programs which pays Canadians in need and I did this happily. By the time I retire that figure would be close to a million if not over. So after all these contributions (not to mention educating many Canadian students who are now professionals and tax payers thanks to the education they received) I am still a foreigner in your book because I happened to be born elsewhere. Your criteria is not welcomed by most of the citizens here. Not by this Citizen for sure.

Immigration levels should come down to a reasonable level that they can be absorbed but not stopped completely. And adaptability must become the main criteria as well as potential for contributions to Canada. I am a moderate not (unlike you) an extreme.

First of all you did not say that you were once a "foreigner", okay. How am I supposed to know who you are and whether you were born here in Canada or not? Hello. I was born in Canada so that does not make me a foreigner. At one time there was no problem with immigration. Today, there is a problem with immigration. Canada is bringing in more new immigrants then it can handle. Many are legal and illegal refugees who have not paid one dam nickel to help make this Canada roll on and pay for all the services which they now receive for free at my tax dollars expense. 

Based on my calculations, I may have paid about two million in taxes and fees and permits that have all been applied to my life mostly to steal as much money as the government can from me one of the people. Yes, and most of those tax dollars are going to people who do not deserve it. Why would I want to be stupid enough to want to bring in, say, a hundred people into my home and feed, clothe and house them and give them some money to spend? That is totally nuts in the head to do something as stupid as that.

But yet that is what our stunned politically correct globalist politicians keep doing every year in Canada. They keep bringing in more people than we the host Canadian people can handle. That is why I would like to see a moratorium on all immigration for awhile until we can get our own house in order and try to get the millions of unemployed Canadians back to work. It has nothing to do with being anti-immigrant or being racist which is what many members here think that I am. What I am saying here is just plain common sense and logic, something our politicians and many Canadians appear to be lacking these days. We the host Canadian people need an immigration break. 

I don't understand as to why you would think that I am being extreme when all I have been saying here so many times that immigration must be cut back big time or cut altogether. That is not being extreme? That is using your brain. :D

21 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

And thanks to those Asians, they have made many Canadians unable to enter the housing market. Look up Asian money laundering on the internet. There your will find your answer. Don't be lazy, do it, and get back to me later. 

Sure, the Asians have helped many people in the lower mainland become millionaires or close to it and great for them. But that still does not take away from the facts that Asians and money laundering was and probably still is the main problem and why many people in Vancouver cannot buy a new home. This was all done by foreigners to Canadians, and not by Canadians against other Canadians. Try and think about what I have said here and not try to keep looking for anti-immigrant or racism here. Facts are facts, fella. ;)

On 8/29/2019 at 7:37 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This has been all over the media....

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-public-inquiry-may-be-needed-into-role-of-money-laundering-in-high-bc/

https://www.pymnts.com/real-estate/2019/money-laundering-canada-home-prices/

https://wolfstreet.com/2019/04/24/how-a-little-money-laundering-can-have-a-big-impact-on-real-estate-prices/

No criminal elements form china are laundering Bils in Canada in the real-estate market...jacking the prices beyond what normal Canadians can afford...I forgot your a liberal one can always break the law to earn a few bucks or save a few jobs right....