The road to 2020

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Trump is the Nostalgia for the America that never was.  Wins every time,   America does not like radical change.  

Even if it did, that's what the checks and balances are for. The Founding Fathers Knew. 

Trump knows too, hence locking down the Supreme Court to check the Antifa Tranny Commies.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Contrary to the Hope & Change branding, the success of Obama was actually that he was quite conservative, he didn't say Hope & Radical Change.

Hence The Blue Wall in the Rust Belt, which Trump stole when the Democrats abandoned that strategy like morons.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Hence The Blue Wall in the Rust Belt, which Trump stole when the Democrats abandoned that strategy like morons.

It's like Zizek says to lefties who attacked Obama for not doing enough; "like what did you expect him to do?"

The expectation of revolutionary change on the left is absurd, revolutions are achieved by fighting wars not voting.

More foreign interference in a U.S. election....from Obama's illegal DACA recipients.   They interrupted Joe Biden during the Democrat's debate to whine about ICE and deportations.    Some voters are sympathetic...many others are not.

During the third Democratic presidential primary debate, protestors interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden as he was about to answer a question about how a significant setback shaped him.

To viewers at home, it was not immediately clear what the protestors were saying. But Jess Davidson, executive director of the advocacy organization End Rape on Campus, confirmed to TIME that the group was chanting about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).

Davidson also tweeted that the protestors were chanting “we are DACA recipients. Our lives are at risk.” She also wrote that at least some protesters got on the stage.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heres-protesters-were-shouting-joe-033012181.html

30 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

That's about the only problem with Americans.  Too damn nice.  Too much sympathy.  They get taken advantage of.

It's only some Americans...others say "deport their asses".   Probably lean Trump's way...just a guess.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I watched some bits of the latest Democratic-debate, It was a humiliation for Biden as he was exposed of having some sort of early dementia. He may be ahead in the polls but he won't get the nomination. My bet goes to Pocahontas. The Democrats have veered so much to the left they genuinely think that she has a real chance of winning.

If next year was 2040 she might have a real chance of winning but the demographics haven't changed enough yet to make it impossible for the Republicans ever to win again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

I watched some bits of the latest Democratic-debate, It was a humiliation for Biden as he was exposed of having some sort of early dementia. He may be ahead in the polls but he won't get the nomination. My bet goes to Pocahontas. The Democrats have veered so much to the left they genuinely think that she has a real chance of winning.

If next year was 2040 she might have a real chance of winning but the demographics haven't changed enough yet to make it impossible for the Republicans ever to win again.

The leftist myth of their supposed progress is that things will just keep going to the left perpetually on into the future.

History says otherwise, America in 2040 could end up being as conservative as America in 1840, the pendulums swings back hard in the face of overreach.

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

Biden bumbles and stumbles, but the early dementia thing is overblown, even if it's true, not enough Democrats buy it. Biden actually had a decent night, Pochanotas gained no ground.

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Biden bumbles and stumbles.

He was always like that,  Biden was delirious bumbler from the start, he trades on his aw shucks who me Delaware charms, the affable bumbler, with a heart of gold.

He's made a nice career of it, Biden is a master politician by any measure, VPOTUS is a far higher office that I have ever aspired to.

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

He was always like that,  Biden was delirious bumbler from the start, he trades on his aw shucks who me Delaware charms, the affable bumbler, with a heart of gold.

He's made a nice career of it, Biden is a master politician by any measure, VPOTUS is a far higher office that I have ever aspired to.

Indeed. It's not his age, he's always been like that, I guess people who haven't been paying attention to his career think it's a new development or something, leading them to a faulty conclusion, but it is not a new development.

It's baked into the cake, people are well aware of it, it certainly will not be the doom of him, as some love to suggest.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Beto O'rourke provided the Republicans a huge gift, making it far more difficult to defeat Trump in 2020:

Hell yes. We’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.

He not only provided the perfect political advertisement sound bite, but he scrambled the Democrat's own messaging on gun control, and made it far more difficult to pass new gun control legislation.  

No skin off of O'rouke's nose, as he wasn't going anywhere in this election anyway.   But he made a mess for somebody else to walk back and clean up.

ORourke-campaign-T-shirt.jpg

Edited by bush_cheney2004

24 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Canadian election campaign = a month long.  US election campaign = a year and a half.  What a waste of money.

Maybe, but the U.S. election campaign generates far more economic activity and media spend in many markets.

Canada restricts time and spending, which ultimately restricts political speech.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:06 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe, but the U.S. election campaign generates far more economic activity and media spend in many markets.

Canada restricts time and spending, which ultimately restricts political speech.

I'm sure there's a more ideal middle ground. a few months is enough to learn about candidates.  A bit longer since in the US you also have to nominate the candidate from the other party(s).

• 3 weeks later...

No one cares ??? Now,  the rumor has it that Hillary will try to run again after Bernie and Joe are done now

Bernie Sanders, 78, is hospitalized for 'chest discomfort': Oldest 2020 candidate cancels events after having two stents inserted in a blocked artery – but is said to be in 'good spirits'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7529725/Bernie-Sanders-78-cancels-events-hospitalized-blocked-artery.html

On 9/13/2019 at 2:20 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

Biden bumbles and stumbles, but the early dementia thing is overblown, even if it's true, not enough Democrats buy it. Biden actually had a decent night, Pochanotas gained no ground.

Republicans should hope Biden wins. Almost any of the Democrats will beat Trump but Biden is the one least likely to go off the deep end as president.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

You could tell back in 2016 that they had such a weak bench that they were never going to nominate anything but a lame champion,

Uhm, have you already forgotten the weak bench the Republicans put forward last election that led to Trump being chosen? What a pack of losers and crazies!