Jump to content

Why didn't Canada stopped America from invading Iraq?


Recommended Posts

Think you can give some evidence that doesn't come from what seems to be a blog rather than a "news source"?

Interesting you should mention the 1991 war. Everyone lined up behind GHWB to take pot shots at Saddam because....the world's oil supply was in jeopardy.

Edited by JamesHackerMP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JamesHackerMP said:

Think you can give some evidence that doesn't come from what seems to be a blog rather than a "news source"?

What news source can I put up that you would be comfortable with? 

24 minutes ago, JamesHackerMP said:

Interesting you should mention the 1991 war. Everyone lined up behind GHWB to take pot shots at Saddam because....the world's oil supply was in jeopardy.

Well there were two separate wars, one lead to the other. And During 1991

The supply was not in jeopardy, only who controls it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Let's see the USA go toe to toe with Russia or China.

That would be a stupid and costly mistake for America and for the people of the world. Yet that was the plans of the democrats if Hillary became president. She wanted a war with Russia the bloody fool. Thank the Lord she never became president. Some of us here may be dead right now. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2018 at 8:12 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Actually accepting legitimate refugees is a good thing to do as long as the country can afford it, which it can.  So can America.  

I don't get it where you think that accepting any and all refugees is a good thing for any country. Canadians for one cannot afford to accept any more legal or illegal refugees anymore. We are bloody broke. And besides Canada is full to the rim already. Canadians need a break from all of this massive immigration that is going on into Canada. it is really starting to screw up everything in Canada. Give me a break. :unsure:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2018 at 4:42 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

exactly: Saddam wanted to control as much of the world' oil as possible, which put in JEOPARDY.

Incorrect, Hussein was tired of the OPEC oligarchs controlling everything,  and wanted to start trading oil in another currency to reduce the dependency on the petrodollar to buy oil. Same with Qadaffi,  the Gold Dinar was going to be used to trade oil. Libya met the same fate as Iraq.

Even when Iraq started trading oil in Euros back in 2000 much of the banks and the US and the UN worked against Iraq. The sanctions since the 1991 war devastated Iraq's ability to sell oil and then dump that money back into their nation. Yes we know Hussein squandered a lot of the money on luxury for him and his family, but it took TWO wars and 15 years to depose him.

Qadaffi on the other hand used all the oil profits to help the people of Libya. Health care and education all covered by the state. And many things were in place to help Libya's youth not just survive but thrive.  And now how are they doing? 

Prove me wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2018 at 4:55 PM, taxme said:

That would be a stupid and costly mistake for America and for the people of the world. Yet that was the plans of the democrats if Hillary became president. She wanted a war with Russia the bloody fool. Thank the Lord she never became president. Some of us here may be dead right now. :rolleyes:

You got more war anyways. But the whole war on terror has been a mistake for USA and the world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

You got more war anyways. But the whole war on terror has been a mistake for USA and the world.

You say that but I don't see any more 747 flying into skyscraper... most of the terrorism we get is home grown now. Europe on the other hand, is the direct result of letting massive influx of vetted immigrant from the middle east into their liberal western democracy. Also anyone who kill or kidnap American citizens usually gets hunted down by our special ops unit. As long as there are people who want to chant death to america then I see no problem helping them meet their god sooner. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Incorrect, Hussein was tired of the OPEC oligarchs controlling everything,  and wanted to start trading oil in another currency to reduce the dependency on the petrodollar to buy oil. Same with Qadaffi,  the Gold Dinar was going to be used to trade oil. Libya met the same fate as Iraq.

Even when Iraq started trading oil in Euros back in 2000 much of the banks and the US and the UN worked against Iraq. The sanctions since the 1991 war devastated Iraq's ability to sell oil and then dump that money back into their nation. Yes we know Hussein squandered a lot of the money on luxury for him and his family, but it took TWO wars and 15 years to depose him.

Qadaffi on the other hand used all the oil profits to help the people of Libya. Health care and education all covered by the state. And many things were in place to help Libya's youth not just survive but thrive.  And now how are they doing? 

Prove me wrong.

No one can prove you wrong. This is what happens to any leader of any country who dares to take on and go against the globalist international banker elite and their new world order. You get removed and maybe even murdered. But there are so many who are clueless to this well known fact. Anyone here want to try and prove us wrong? Go ahead, make your day. B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, paxamericana said:

You say that but I don't see any more 747 flying into skyscraper... most of the terrorism we get is home grown now. Europe on the other hand, is the direct result of letting massive influx of vetted immigrant from the middle east into their liberal western democracy. Also anyone who kill or kidnap American citizens usually gets hunted down by our special ops unit. As long as there are people who want to chant death to america then I see no problem helping them meet their god sooner. 

Terrorism appears to be down thanks in part to Trump and his immigration policy. At least that is what I have observed so far over the last two years. Yes/no? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, paxamericana said:

You say that but I don't see any more 747 flying into skyscraper... most of the terrorism we get is home grown now. Europe on the other hand, is the direct result of letting massive influx of vetted immigrant from the middle east into their liberal western democracy. Also anyone who kill or kidnap American citizens usually gets hunted down by our special ops unit. As long as there are people who want to chant death to america then I see no problem helping them meet their god sooner. 

They do not need planes to fly into buildings to further their goal. And USA Special Ops are a joke. It took them years to locate Bin Laden and taken him out when they had multiple chances before. And when they did hit the Bin Laden compound in Pakistan, the USA had to sacrifice one of their new hi-tech helicopters because they damaged it during landing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GostHacked said:

They do not need planes to fly into buildings to further their goal. And USA Special Ops are a joke. It took them years to locate Bin Laden and taken him out when they had multiple chances before. And when they did hit the Bin Laden compound in Pakistan, the USA had to sacrifice one of their new hi-tech helicopters because they damaged it during landing.

You can blame obama and bill clinton for that. They knew where he was they just didn't want to pull the trigger. Do you know how much it cost to train one seal team? Also who are you comparing our spec ops to? They are the best in the world by a wide margin. The helicopter was lost due to un planned for physical phenomenon call vortex ring state  caused by tall walls and high temperature.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The US spends over $600 Billion in defense, over 3% of their GDP.  Canada spends $20 Billion, aobut  1.25% of their GDP.   Europe, including the UK and Commonwealth have been happy to let the US be the world police.  This also Canadians and Europeans largely functional Auxillaries to the Imperial Armies of the US.  

This doesn't mean Canada should not be proud of their forces, they should.  Many auxillary troops gained fame in past empires, the Romans had the Numidians and the Brits had Ghurkas.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Carlus Magnus said:

The US spends over $600 Billion in defense, over 3% of their GDP.  Canada spends $20 Billion, aobut  1.25% of their GDP.   Europe, including the UK and Commonwealth have been happy to let the US be the world police.  This also Canadians and Europeans largely functional Auxillaries to the Imperial Armies of the US.  

This doesn't mean Canada should not be proud of their forces, they should.  Many auxillary troops gained fame in past empires, the Romans had the Numidians and the Brits had Ghurkas.

I am the Gurkhas, the Gurkhas is me, I am an auxiliary indeed, to the Declaration of Independence preamble and associated Empire of Liberty, through the United Kingdom United States Security Agreement, founded in the fires of the Second World War.

But as such, I am perfectly capable of defending the British Crown in North America, from Nevada as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My ancestor was after all press ganged to come to British North America in 1757, but as he had not entered into a contract to invade Nouvelle France for the Crown, he jumped ship upon arrival at Halifax harbour, wherein he went on to be a merchant sea captain, sailing in the Triangle Trade  as private enterprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,746
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Rookie
    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...