Why didn't Canada stopped America from invading Iraq?

4 hours ago, John Otis said:

I just read a comment on YouTube insulting Americans and it got 1300 likes...... I think that's convincing enough.

Confusing the vocal minority with the silent majority leads to faulty analysis. Also insulting Americans is not the same as going to war with them, obviously. People talk trash online, that shouldn't be some revelation to you. 1300 likes on youtube for a comment that insults Americans is far from strong support for going to war with America, any way you slice it. Don't mistake the real world for an internet comments section.

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 3/7/2019 at 1:06 AM, John Otis said:

I don't know and I don't care about this Yzerman, who ever that son of a bits is.

I was just wondering because only Americans would have the nerve to say "the world can't do anything about us because we are the most powerful people on Earth" even though I have no doubt in my heart that Canadians can do anything, even defeat the 3rd most powerful nation on Earth; I said 3rd because according to experts, China and Russia are more powerful.

You must be on crack then, every Canadian or American know who he is.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Yzerman

Not just Americans , but the rest of the world as well, the US has the best equipped, largest funded , military in the world, and while Russia and China would present a challenge, both would be no contest in a conventional war, as for nuclear, who cares there would be no one left anyways...

You must be European, always trying to find someone else to fight your battles, maybe it is time for Europe to pull their heads out of their asses and pony up for their own defenses....and while your at it kick our PM in the Bag as well and get him to pony up as well. As much as Canadians  like to complain about the US , we know what side our bread is buttered, we as a nation have always been there in the US time of need, we have fought shoulder to shoulder in almost every conflict except one and we were not a nation at the time, and may of got a little carried away with a few matches....we said were "sorry", and if we did not give Justin Trudeau a few days and he'll get to it..Canada will always stand shoulder to shoulder with the US regardless of how we feel sometimes. 

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

You must be European, always trying to find someone else to fight your battles, maybe it is time for Europe to pull their heads out of their asses and pony up for their own defenses....and while your at it kick our PM in the Bag as well and get him to pony up as well. As much as Canadians  like to complain about the US , we know what side our bread is buttered, we as a nation have always been there in the US time of need, we have fought shoulder to shoulder in almost every conflict except one and we were not a nation at the time, and may of got a little carried away with a few matches....we said were "sorry", and if we did not give Justin Trudeau a few days and he'll get to it..Canada will always stand shoulder to shoulder with the US regardless of how we feel sometimes. 

Actually I'm from Asia.

But that's just you though..... you're the only one who is saying that. I even read a bunch of canucks say that if only they could move their country next to Europe, they would.

And what if the whole world was to turn against them? What if your own people did the same? You'll still fight for them? You'll still die for them even if it means your death would go in vain? You'd risk your family for them?

Edited by John Otis

7 minutes ago, John Otis said:

And what if the whole world was to turn against them?

Not very likely, as the very opposite has been happening for over 100 years (legal and illegal immigration).

No other country in the world has as many immigrants as the United States, about 20% of the world's total.  

11 hours ago, John Otis said:

Actually I'm from Asia.

But that's just you though..... you're the only one who is saying that. I even read a bunch of canucks say that if only they could move their country next to Europe, they would.

And what if the whole world was to turn against them? What if your own people did the same? You'll still fight for them? You'll still die for them even if it means your death would go in vain? You'd risk your family for them?

well a couple of steps better than being European....i'll give you that...As far as moving next to Europe let them , shit i'll buy them a ticket, we have more in common with the US than any other nation in the world, we depend on the US for not only our security, but also finically as well, our cultures are inter twined.... to the point we don't have that much in common with Europe any more....

If the whole world turned against them Canadians would stand shoulder to shoulder with the US, don't let all that bickering or complaining fool you..The answer is yes, I would and have already. would I risk my family....shit son they are my family....

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

If the whole world turned against them Canadians would stand shoulder to shoulder with the US, don't let all that bickering or complaining fool you..The answer is yes, I would and have already. would I risk my family....shit son they are my family....

What if you were to be imprisoned for what you are saying?

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not very likely, as the very opposite has been happening for over 100 years (legal and illegal immigration).

No other country in the world has as many immigrants as the United States, about 20% of the world's total.  

They say that they only go to the US for money reasons and after they saved enough, they'll go home and establish a business and make their own pesos. They might not earn as much if they had stayed in the US but at least they would be close to their family; a family that prays together, stays together.

Another is this Filipino and this Vietnamese student who hated America but still went there to take advantage of its education,

Another is this guy who ranted how much he hates Americans and America and he only pays his taxes and after he has saved enough he is moving out. I don't know the guys nationality or where he was moving to..... maybe Canada.

So, there you go.

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

well a couple of steps better than being European....i'll give you that...As far as moving next to Europe let them , shit i'll buy them a ticket, we have more in common with the US than any other nation in the world, we depend on the US for not only our security, but also finically as well, our cultures are inter twined.... to the point we don't have that much in common with Europe any more....

Also did you forget that they burned down your city...... was that a city or a village?

1 minute ago, John Otis said:

They say that they only go to the US for money reasons and after they saved enough, they'll go home and establish a business and make their own pesos. They might not earn as much if they had stayed in the US but at least they would be close to their family; a family that prays together, stays together.

Don't care why they go or stay in the United States, but they have been doing it for over 100 years.  

Example:  Many thousands Vietnamese "Boat People" did not "go home" after surviving refugee camps and coming to the USA.

And they go for a lot of reasons besides "money"...lots from Asia too.

Also are you suggesting right to my fecal matter that this is wrong?

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Don't care why they go or stay in the United States, but they have been doing it for over 100 years.  

Example:  Many thousands Vietnamese "Boat People" did not "go home" after surviving refugee camps and coming to the USA.

And they go for a lot of reasons besides "money"...lots from Asia too.

I really enjoy these by the way..... I don't understand why Quora, City-Data and others sites are so quick to ban me whenever I post such things..... sigh.

It's a pity there are not a lot of people on this site.

Edited by John Otis

16 hours ago, John Otis said:

What if you were to be imprisoned for what you are saying?

Why would I be imprisoned , our nation has always stood next to the US of A , maybe you should put the pipe down , sober up a little bit...look at what happened the day of 911, stranded Americans were brought into Canadian homes, our PM told the US anything they need as only a phone call away..... and then ask me if we would join the rest of the world in fighting the US....

16 hours ago, John Otis said:

Also are you suggesting right to my fecal matter that this is wrong?

Your using university kids as your example, the same kids that do not have any world experience, have probably never  even seen an American, let alone talk to them, base their opinions on false data or what has been passed around the university...So ya i'm telling you it's bullshit, how can you paint all 300 plus million of them with one brush kind of like saying all Asians are shitty drivers, or need glasses.

Your using university kids as your example, the same kids that do not have any world experience, have probably never  even seen an American, let alone talk to them, base their opinions on false data or what has been passed around the university...So ya i'm telling you it's bullshit, how can you paint all 300 plus million of them with one brush kind of like saying all Asians are shitty drivers, or need glasses.

But you're doing the same thing, aren't you? You are painting these university kids with one brush by suggesting that they have no world experience, have probably never even seen an American, let alone talk to them, base their opinions on false data or what has been passed around the university.......

On 3/9/2019 at 5:13 AM, John Otis said:

I just read a comment on YouTube insulting Americans and it got 1300 likes...... I think that's convincing enough.

This is what you base your analysis on?  Americans insult Americans every day on not just You Tube but Twitter etc., starting with your President. and far more than 1,300 times so what you say means what exactly other than you believe you came on this forum to accuse people of hating "America". People disagree with people. The fact that they might be American is incidental. The fact I may criticize specific US foreign or economic policies or the behaviour or comments or positions of Donald Trump does not mean I hate Americans. I do not know the vast majority of Americans and I would say I don't hate any Americans right now but if one cuts me off while I am driving who  knows I might get annoyed.  Your America paranoia is a tad tiresome. You sound like you want to sound like a patriotic American and defend its honour. You are wasting your time here. Most of us challenge the US government no differently than we do our own and it doesn't make us any less John Wayne than you. This is a discussion forum. People come to disagree and debate politics.

Patriotism when its  uttered blindly  belongs in a Monty Python skit. Yah I know you have no clue who Monty is.

On 3/14/2019 at 1:30 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

About 10% of Canadians are also U.S. citizens....far more have family members that are U.S. citizens in the USA.

Those that wanted to did legally protest the Iraq War, but they are not going declare war on the United States.

Quora has its limits...and so does this web forum.

I might declare wore on Boston Red Sox fans this year. I hate their smugness. By the way a lot of them are in the Maritimes not just in your country. I would say the same thing about LA Laker fans but I do not have to, they deserve what they have this year. Do not even get me started on the Bruins.

15 hours ago, John Otis said:

But you're doing the same thing, aren't you? You are painting these university kids with one brush by suggesting that they have no world experience, have probably never even seen an American, let alone talk to them, base their opinions on false data or what has been passed around the university.......

Yes, your right, i'm wrong, good talk.....it's got to be true it was on the intra net right....good luck with that.

14 hours ago, Rue said:

This is what you base your analysis on?

Yeah, hey there's a lot of those on Quora too.

14 hours ago, Rue said:

Most of us challenge the US government no differently than we do our own.

But why? Why not just destroy it?

Challenging it won't mean you are guaranteed to win and by the way talking about it on some canuck site is definitely not going to make you win.

The only way for you to win is to put words into action.

14 hours ago, Rue said:

You sound like you want to sound like a patriotic American and defend its honour.

If I said I am an Americano, would you answer every question I post?

14 hours ago, Rue said:

I don't hate any Americans right now but if one cuts me off while I am driving who  knows I might get annoyed.

Are you going to cut that person off, get that person to get off his/her car, punch him/her repeatedly in the face, give that person the finger, if they he/she got kids, make them watch and if you've got coffee or soda, throw it at that person's face and then drive off?

14 hours ago, Rue said:

Patriotism when its  uttered blindly  belongs in a Monty Python skit. Yah I know you have no clue who Monty is.

Is that, that stupid show?

Anyone with half a brain, and some life experience would also agree they are Wrong, you have a small sample of Canada's population response and yet you are good with that, must be true it was in the intra net, so you've automatically assumed, that all Canadians feel this way.....you yourself have painted all Canadians the same....I offered you another opinion, you did not like it, and assumed once again I was wrong....see how this is going around in circles...why don't you reevaluate your issue with new info ?

lots of assumptions out there , that are wrong but some people think are facts, like most Asians can not drive worth a shit....or all Asian are smart .