Why didn't Canada stopped America from invading Iraq?

On 1/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

You think our special forces are a joke, eh? Where do you get this from?

If I am not mistaken here I read many moons ago that a reporter was able to locate Bin Laden and interview him. The military could not find him. Unh? Maybe Bin Laden was on the CIA payroll for all we know. Hey, you never know. And apparently, all of the soldiers involved in the apprehension of Laden, all eventually died in an helicopter air crash together. Unh? Just saying. 

13 hours ago, John Otis said:

So again, why didn't Canada stop the USA!?

Canada can't stop the USA, even if it wanted to, that's why.

What makes you think Canada had any say in whether the US invaded Iraq? Wishful thinking doesn't make Canada have infinitely more influence than they actually do.

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 3/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

Born and raised in Hamilton, Ontario. Also given my username, you'd think me being Canadian would be rather obvious, it being so clearly hockey related and all. 

Steve Yzerman wore number 19, hence Yzermandius19, get it?

I don't know and I don't care about this Yzerman, who ever that son of a bits is.

I was just wondering because only Americans would have the nerve to say "the world can't do anything about us because we are the most powerful people on Earth" even though I have no doubt in my heart that Canadians can do anything, even defeat the 3rd most powerful nation on Earth; I said 3rd because according to experts, China and Russia are more powerful.

Edited by John Otis

4 minutes ago, John Otis said:

I don't know and I don't care about this Yzerman, who ever that son of bits is.

I was just wondering because only Americans would have the nerve to say "the world can't do anything about us because we are the most powerful people on Earth" even though I have no doubt in my heart that Canadians can do anything, even defeat the 3rd most powerful nation on Earth; I said 3rd because according to experts, China and Russia are more powerful.

No, anyone with any objective analysis of the situation can see that Canada was in no position to dictate to America on their foreign policy regarding Iraq, even if they wanted to, which they didn't.

If a Canadian doesn't know who Steve Yzerman is, then they shouldn't go around accusing those who do of not being Canadian, pro tip.

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 9/22/2018 at 5:56 AM, paulagnes1745 said:

If that war was wrong, why didn't Canada save the people of Iraq?

In fact, why didn't the world stopped America?

And when I say stop I don't mean protesting, I mean "stop it"....

A number of reasons.  

1) Foreign Entanglements, UN and NATO for example

2) Lack of most nations to fund their own National Defense fully, thus relying on the US and making those nations client states

3) Foreign contributions.  The US pays out a ton of money to foreign nations all around the world.  These contributions buy influence and votes at bodies like the UN.  Remember that the Iraq war was Internationally Legal and sanctioned by the UN.

Countries worried about things like Iraq should work to become fully independent of the United States, then their leaders would likely not feel obligated or influenced to enter engagements like Iraq.

End Note:  Singling out Iraq as the 'Bad War' is juvenile.  Where is the outrage for the US smuggling weapons into Syria, or destroying Libya just because; By the way, those are international military operations as well.

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No, anyone with any objective analysis of the situation can see that Canada was in no position to dictate to America on their foreign policy regarding Iraq, even if they wanted to, which they didn't.

If a Canadian doesn't know who Steve Yzerman is, then they shouldn't go around accusing those who do of not being Canadian, pro tip.

I'm not Canadian.... anyway, didn't you burn their capital city once and killed a lot of them in the process? If you could do it before, you can do it again, so why didn't you do it again?

Come on man, where's your Canadian spirit?

1 hour ago, John Otis said:

I'm not Canadian.... anyway, didn't you burn their capital city once and killed a lot of them in the process? If you could do it before, you can do it again, so why didn't you do it again?

Come on man, where's your Canadian spirit?

America also burned down a lot of the Upper Canadian countryside,  going to war with America over Iraq, hard pass. Even if Canada did, how would that prevent the US from invading Iraq? It wouldn't.

Iraq? F*** Iraq.

8 hours ago, John Otis said:

Okay...... hey Canada and the world, why didn't you stop the US from smuggling weapons into Syria or destroying Libya just because?

For the record, I've been opposed to those actions from the start.  Endless war is not a good policy.  I'm for Fortress America.  It's time for the US to pull back, re-assess our foreign and domestic policies.  

Canada and many other nations have been enablers to American Imperialism.  Since WWII most Western nations have been happy to let the US do what they want in exchange for providing defense.  

17 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

going to war with America over Iraq, hard pass. 

You're not going to go to war on your own, you'll have the world with you.

194 nations vs. 1.

Your nation along with el Mexico will be the launching pad of the attack.

Edited by John Otis

10 hours ago, Carlus Magnus said:

For the record, I've been opposed to those actions from the start. 

So why don't you stop your country then?

Or here's an idea, why don't you run for president and then make those changes yourself?

10 hours ago, Carlus Magnus said:

Since WWII most Western nations have been happy to let the US do what they want in exchange for providing defense.  

According to Europeans in Quora, they don't want anything to do with you and they hope that you collapse soon.

21 hours ago, John Otis said:

Okay...... hey Canada and the world, why didn't you stop the US from smuggling weapons into Syria or destroying Libya just because?

Ya know, it's pretty fucking shameful that we destroyed Libya like we did and then smuggled weapons from Libya to Syria to destroy Assad.  The bulk of Americans, I'm sad to say, are oblivious to this.  Sadly the world went along with it all.  Very frustrating for me.

Not that long ago, we put people in jail for Iran-Contra, this was very much the same thing.  Now we have this Gang of Eight in the US.  Easy to buy off 8 people, and say you've notified Congress.  Not a good situation for the US or anyone else.

1 hour ago, John Otis said:

So why don't you stop your country then?

Or here's an idea, why don't you run for president and then make those changes yourself?

According to Europeans in Quora, they don't want anything to do with you and they hope that you collapse soon.

The US needs a hard reset.  Too much power in Washington DC and they extend that power across the globe.  Other nations can help us, and themselves out by saying No Thanks to having the US defend them and taking US dollars. I don't like the Swamp In Washington DC anymore than you.  But don't get confused, I am American to the core and will always defend her.

1 hour ago, Carlus Magnus said:

The US needs a hard reset.  Too much power in Washington DC and they extend that power across the globe.  Other nations can help us, and themselves out by saying No Thanks to having the US defend them and taking US dollars. I don't like the Swamp In Washington DC anymore than you.  But don't get confused, I am American to the core and will always defend her.

They would probably say no to the defense thing but yes to the dollars thing and they might requests that the supposed money for the defense thing be converted into money and given to them so they have money and more money while they hate you and want to kill you.

And you still haven't answered the part about being president.

21 hours ago, John Otis said:

You're not going to go to war on your own, you'll have the world with you.

194 nations vs. 1.

Your nation along with el Mexico will be the launching pad of the attack.

Except that is never going to happen, because the world isn't going to war with America over Iraq, and neither is Canada.
/shrugs

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Except that is never going to happen, because the world isn't going to war with America over Iraq, and neither is Canada.
/shrugs

But I thought everybody hated them? I thought they are the cause of all problems in the world?

And still you won't destroy them.... what's up with that?

1 minute ago, John Otis said:

How do you know for sure?

You know what, try it and see what happens first before you say I am wrong.

If Canada or the rest of the world wanted to go war with America, they'd already be at war with America, the fact that they aren't is how I am sure.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If Canada or the rest of the world wanted to go war with America, they'd already be at war with America, the fact that they aren't is how I am sure.

Maybe they are just afraid, maybe you're just afraid, maybe they need a little convincing?

Edited by John Otis