Should trudeau resign?

After everything he said about sexual assault and how he has treated members of his own government over whispers, he at least needs to own up to this groping allegation. Now personally I don't want him to resign, I prefer him to go down hard in 2019.

Edited by PIK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's denied the allegation (or is it that he just doesn't remember?), so we must believe him. Anyway, we must believe the deniers. Oh, sorry, it's the other way around. Guilty until proven innocent. Has Justin been hoist with his own petard? It's almost too amusing to contemplate. He won't resign. Principles, after all, are important for lesser people.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PIK said:

After everything he said about sexual assault and how he has treated members of his own government over whispers, he at least needs to own up to this groping allegation. Now personally I don't want him to resign, I prefer him to go down hard in 2019.

For all the botch-up decisions he's made, YES!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PIK said:

I like the idea of having this whole matter hanging over his head. I do hope it lasts until the next election. It provides opportunities to bring up how hypocritical he is. "Hand 'em high" he says.. Unless of course you're a Trudeau.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really detest how the press is either not asking the questions - or the PMO is not allowing access to ask the questions. Trudeau's lawyer-prepared response strongly implies that the column is untruthful (AKA a lie). The question he has to answer is whether he thinks the column is untruthful. If he can't say that, it means that he might have done what is reported - but he can't remember. If he does call it untruthful, he's calling the victim a liar - which makes him one of the planet's most detestable hypocrites. Regardless of whether the victim has been paid off, she won't be happy to be considered a liar. Either way - lawyers or not - this story is not finished.

Edited by Centerpiece

His political grandstanding (" we have a responsibility to listen to them, and to believe them") has finally caught up to him. This exposes Trudeau for the shameless hypocrite he is, which is well deserved but won't likely result in a resignation.

Looks like his memory came back. He even remembers apologizing "in the moment. But of course, he thinks he did nothing wrong - but he has not denied anything in the column. So how can "doing nothing wrong" possibly reconcile with his statement that "If I had known you were reporting for a national paper I never would have been so forward "? He's pretty well skirting the edge of calling the victim a liar. Like several other fiascos, this government gets in trouble when they don't simply come out and take their medicine. Trudeau (and his image handlers) missed an opportunity for a humble mea-culpa that would have driven home the point he feebly tried to make today - that one man's innocent flirtation can be viewed as an unwanted advance. He now wears the crown of a champion hypocrite.

Link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-politics-trudeau/canadas-trudeau-facing-groping-allegation-says-he-apologized-did-nothing-wrong-idUSKBN1JV33O

Late addition: Toronto Star ran an article today on his latest statements - on the very last page of the front section.

Edited by Centerpiece

25 minutes ago, Hates politicians said:

He should be fired with no severence ordered to repay every cent he's stolen trom taxpayer's and then given ten yr's in prison for what he's done to canada.

Stop sitting on the fence. What do you REALLY think? ;)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

Looks like his memory came back. He even remembers apologizing "in the moment. But of course, he thinks he did nothing wrong - but he has not denied anything in the column. So how can "doing nothing wrong" possibly reconcile with his statement that "If I had known you were reporting for a national paper I never would have been so forward "? He's pretty well skirting the edge of calling the victim a liar. Like several other fiascos, this government gets in trouble when they don't simply come out and take their medicine. Trudeau (and his image handlers) missed an opportunity for a humble mea-culpa that would have driven home the point he feebly tried to make today - that one man's innocent flirtation can be viewed as an unwanted advance. He now wears the crown of a champion hypocrite.

Link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-politics-trudeau/canadas-trudeau-facing-groping-allegation-says-he-apologized-did-nothing-wrong-idUSKBN1JV33O

Late addition: Toronto Star ran an article today on his latest statements - on the very last page of the front section.

Now we all know that if this had of been Harper or even Scheer who did such an act The Red liberal Toronto Star would have that on their front pages for weeks. Trudeau knows now that he screwed up and will lie thru his teeth to make it appear as though it was done just for fun. He would probably say that I know she loved it. Now the conservatives have something to go with in the next election. Scheer, you have him by the you know what now. Go get that groping prime mistake of Canada. Deplorable. 

On 7/3/2018 at 5:17 PM, OftenWrong said:

His political grandstanding (" we have a responsibility to listen to them, and to believe them") has finally caught up to him. This exposes Trudeau for the shameless hypocrite he is, which is well deserved but won't likely result in a resignation.

Trudeau will probably say that if Trump did not have to resign then why should I? :unsure: 

On 7/3/2018 at 2:31 PM, capricorn said:

I like the idea of having this whole matter hanging over his head. I do hope it lasts until the next election. It provides opportunities to bring up how hypocritical he is. "Hand 'em high" he says.. Unless of course you're a Trudeau.

Honestly, I would not want the next election to revolve around this allegation. I'd rather an election discussing policy and competence for a change.

19 minutes ago, Machjo said:

Honestly, I would not want the next election to revolve around this allegation. I'd rather an election discussing policy and competence for a change.

Hey, the liberals would have no problem rubbing it in the face of some conservative PM running for reelection if they had the chance to do so about this allegation against Trudeau. That should help the conservatives plenty in the next election. It's time to get down to nasty business.The conservative party needs to talk about immigration and the massive amount of tax dollars that are being blown on immigration and discuss political correctness. Allowing another five years of liberal policies and Canada won't be worth a dime. 

38 minutes ago, taxme said:

Hey, the liberals would have no problem rubbing it in the face of some conservative PM running for reelection if they had the chance to do so about this allegation against Trudeau. That should help the conservatives plenty in the next election. It's time to get down to nasty business.The conservative party needs to talk about immigration and the massive amount of tax dollars that are being blown on immigration and discuss political correctness. Allowing another five years of liberal policies and Canada won't be worth a dime. 

Sorry if you interpreted my comment as partisan. I absolutely agree that the Liberals have been dishing out the personal attack ads too in the last few decades. to be fair to Trudeau though, he did tone it down a bit last election and that probably won him many votes. i think voters are getting tired of the contact attack ads. Harper was terrible for that in his elections. He may have had good policies, but he did come across as person in elections.

1 hour ago, Machjo said:

This would be a bonus as there are a number of files where he and his team have bombed ie. pipelines, trade etc.

So we now have confirmation from the reporter in question that Trudeau did indeed grope her, and that he did indeed display an incredible degree of arrogance by saying "If I had known you were reporting for a national paper, I never would have been so forward." 

At the time she was a reporter for the Crestview Valley Advance, a small community paper, but it was affiliated with the Vancouver Sun and National Post and reporting on the festival for all three. Apparently he was unaware of that when he groped her, and figured she was fair game. Think of what this says about the man's mindset. "If you're small and don't have a voice I can do what I want. But if you're powerful then I'll respect you."

Some will say this was 18 years ago, and indeed it was. And if Trudeau were a normal man I would dismiss it as such. Although 28 is pushing it a bit in dismissing the incident as the foibles of youth. But Trudeau has built his entire rep as Mister Progressive as Mr. Sensitive, and above all else, as Mr. Feminist, the great respecter of women and women's rights and equality. An enthusiastic supporter of the metoo meme, and completely unforgiving towards this sort of thing from other men, even in the past. Kent Hehr lost his cabinet position because he had merely spoken rudely to women 10 years earlier. And we're supposed to accept that what he preaches is not what he needs to live by?

By his own standards, the ones he proclaims and champions, Trudeau should resign. 

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/canada/woman-says-trudeau-apologized-day-after-encounter-at-b-c-music-festival-in-2000/wcm/f6a05e1d-4533-44fd-8df9-8c89fd3b132b

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Argus said:

Lets revisit those standards, which he put forward on a CBC interview last January.

Trudeau says zero tolerance on misconduct toward women applies to him as well

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says women who come forward with complaints of sexual assault and harassment must be supported and believed.

And he's confident no one will be able to accuse him of the kinds of behaviour that have brought down several high-profile politicians this week.

"I've been very, very careful all my life to be thoughtful, to be respectful of people's space and people's headspace as well," he told CBC Radio's The House, in an interview airing Saturday.

When asked if any of his past actions could be misconstrued, Trudeau said he didn't think so.

Last week, Trudeau accepted Kent Hehr's resignation from cabinet pending an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment.

"These are not just compliments that were taken wrong, or comments that could have meant nothing. There are situations in the cases that we're discussing these days that fundamentally made women unsafe in the work environment, unsure about themselves and truly affected their lives," he said.

"There are no frivolous approaches that have been highlighted so far."

An independent investigation into Hehr's behaviour will be conducted.

Trudeau said if allegations surfaced against him the same standards would apply.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-careful-metoo-1.4511093

An investigation is imperative and the Prime Minister must step down pending its completion. Nothing else will do.

And in spite of all this - he STILL insists that he did nothing inappropriate. That's what unbridled arrogance does. As Rex Murphy said:

"It can only appear as an 'awakening' to someone who has slumbered far longer and far deeper than he should"

Link to Rex Murphy: https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeaus-awakening-on-groping-allegations-is-ahem-a-bit-of-a-reach?video_autoplay=true

Link to Trudeau's denial: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/video-trudeau-on-groping-allegation-i-did-not-act-inappropriately/

Edited by Centerpiece

Enough is enough. The cumulative fiascos no longer make this a partisan issue. It's not about Liberal or Conservative - it's about the competency of this individual for the office of Prime Minister. He's embarrassed Canada on the world stage with his India trip and now this. He has aliented just about every country that he's asked to meet with -  Japan and its PM Abe (not showing for the TPP signing), China (trying to lecture them on gender equality, etc....instead of talking trade), India (say no more), the US and Trump, Belgium (not meeting with the Royal couple). Add to that his complete ignorance on domestic issues - and his sickening virtue-signalling that has led directly to the flood of illegal migrants. It's crystal clear that he hasn't "grown into" the job as some had optimistically hoped - not does he appear to have any desire or capability to do so. As I said - it's not partisan. He's totally incompetent - unable to explain anything more complicated than red fish, blue fish. The sooner he's gone, the sooner Canada can reclaim some semblance of integrity. Bring on Marc Garneau - who should have been chosen. And yes - it is that bad.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

Enough is enough. The cumulative fiascos no longer make this a partisan issue. It's not about Liberal or Conservative - it's about the competency of this individual for the office of Prime Minister.

I hate to think how he'll screw up when he attends the NATO summit later this week. He's there July 11-12.