Iqra Khalid and Motion M-103

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Point stands then: the very person in charge of looking for witches  Islamophobes in the Motion 103 is the same person that imagines crosses burning on lawns where there are none.

She's perfect.

Could you point out where she is mentioned in Motion 103?

...waiting

...waiting

...still waiting.

13 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Hedy Fry is perfect to run the witch-hunt. She sees crosses burning on lawns where there are none.

Witches everywhere...

She'll find them.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/cross-burning-furor-hits-liberal/article4145631/

Wow, I never knew that about her.

"We can just go to British Columbia in Prince George, where crosses are being burned on lawns as we speak," she said to mark International Day for the Elimination of Racism.

Later that day, Ms. Fry clarified her comments, saying that cross-burnings had occurred in the past. "I know of this because I was contacted immediately that these incidents occurred by the mayor of Prince George," she said.

Prince George Mayor Colin Kinsley says he never told Ms. Fry such a thing and that there are no confirmed reports of cross-burnings in the city.

When the Aryan Nation tried to recruit members there, municipal officials responded by creating a task force on hate activities, which won them the 2001 End Racism Award from the B.C. government.

"This reference to cross-burnings in the city of Prince George is false," Mr. Kinsley said.

Victor Bowman, president of the city's chamber of commerce, said Ms. Fry's comments are ludicrous.

A government source said she resisted apologizing until she was forced to by the Prime Minister.

I agree with the assessment in the article:

"It's one thing to make a stupid comment, but when you are the Minister of Multiculturalism how can you be so ignorant?"

"She's supposed to be a champion of tolerance and acceptance and of inclusiveness," he said, "and instead she continues to drive divisiveness everywhere she goes."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Recently, the government defined anti-Semitism as  "a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews Rhetorical and physical manifestations of anti-Semitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.”

Some are criticizing this definition as being overly broad and would disallow criticism of Isreal and is a chill to free speech, similar to criticisms made about M103.

Do you agree that this definition is similar to M103 in terms of potentially eliminating valid criticism and reducing free speech?  Are Jews, as a group, being singled out for special treatment by a government that is too eager to pander to minorities and immigrants?  Was adopting this necessary, given that we already have laws addressing hate speech and hate crimes?

Link.

Iqra Khalid's sole purpose re: M-103 was to introduce Sharia to Canada...and Sharia says: thou shalt not be critical of Islam (under pain of death according to the Holy Quran). She didn't introduce M-103 to protect Jews or Christians or Hindus or anybody else not Muslim.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Oh ffs Sharia in Canada :rolleyes:

Will this hysteria ever end ? No it's so bad that a maniac was pushed to gunning down Muslims in Quebec and the racists respond by expressing concern over M103.

These are agents of hate.  Tag them as what they are.  Tell people about this.  It's getting worse.

You are also free to go to bat for Islam. I also expect this of you. Hint: Islam doesn't care if you're a kafir that supports the cult's objectives. You're still a dirty kafir.

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hysterical folks tend to frame things as binary, just saying. I pointed out that your people are murdering Muslims and you're worried about Sharia law.

I find it amusing that you kiss Islam's azz in hopes of a good deal.

My people? Who are my people again? 

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

Recently, the government defined anti-Semitism as  "a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews Rhetorical and physical manifestations of anti-Semitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.”

Some are criticizing this definition as being overly broad and would disallow criticism of Isreal and is a chill to free speech, similar to criticisms made about M103.

Do you agree that this definition is similar to M103 in terms of potentially eliminating valid criticism and reducing free speech?  Are Jews, as a group, being singled out for special treatment by a government that is too eager to pander to minorities and immigrants?  Was adopting this necessary, given that we already have laws addressing hate speech and hate crimes?

Link.

They just need to go into more detail about the "certain perception of Jews" part and then it's no longer "overly broad". 

The perception they are talking about is that Jews as a group are "controlling, manipulating, greedy, evil group"  but they're too afraid to define what anti-Semitism entails. 

It would be fine to be critical of an action carried out by Israel, but not fine to say that the action was part of an evil Jewish conspiracy to deprive muslims of their rightful homeland. 

In general what you get for anti-Semitism is people making claims that the US and Israel are evil, manipulating aggressors who are always flexing on the poor Palestinians and the Palestinians just want peace and what's rightly theirs. The truth is that if the Jews get what they want they'll have 1% of the middle east. If Hamas gets what they want there will be no more jews alive in the middle east. Hamas leaders and many other prominent muslims have said over and over again that genocide in Israel is their goal.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hysterical folks tend to frame things as binary, just saying. I pointed out that your people are murdering Muslims and you're worried about Sharia law.

I am suspecting (I cannot confirm because I would not want to speculate and get in trouble from C.A.) that he wants to kill them before they kill us.

7 hours ago, dialamah said:

Link.

I agree.  (with your comment.  I haven't read the link) I don't care if someone criticizes Jews any more than I do when they criticize Muslims. 

They can all suck it up and stop being such snowflakes!

On 7/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Why is it that progressive would rather set themselves on fire than ascribe even the tiniest trace of guilt to Islam for the continuing terrorist attacks by Muslims, but one or two attacks by the far right on Muslims instantly turns them into hysterics and becomes the fault of all conservatives or anyone who disrespects Islam?

• Thanks 1