Rohingya Issue

betsy

I don't know what to make of the claim of ethnic cleansing being done to Rohingya Muslims.  

Forgive me if I sound cynical or skeptic - but with the current liberal love affair with Muslims, I am not certain if what we're being given are accurate.   It could be true......but,  it could've been misrepresented by liberal media too.  And, UN can't be trusted either.

Are there any evidence other than claims made by fleeing Muslims, that there is an ethnic cleansing?  Sure they show burnt villages - but don't we see burnt villages in other parts of third world countries that are always embroiled in some sort of conflict?

Why would Suu Kyi hesitate to say it outright, and instead, put herself in an embarrassing position - that earned her rebukes around the world -  if indeed those things are happening?  Myanmar denies it.

furthermore, I found this local report:

Hindus Recount Massacre In Myanmar As Mass Graves Unearthed

The army says the grim discoveries are evidence of a massacre by Muslim Rohingya terrorists on August 25.

Hindus Recount Massacre In Myanmar As Mass Graves Unearthed

Rika Dhar's husband, brothers were killed by masked men in the village in northern Rakhine. (AFP)

Cox's Bazar (Bangladesh):  Rika Dhar watched as her husband, two brothers and countless neighbours were brutally hacked to death with machetes by masked men who stormed their Hindu village in western Myanmar and frogmarched the terrified inhabitants to the hills.

"After the killing, they dug three large pits and threw them inside. Their hands were still tied behind them and their eyes blindfolded," said 25-year-old Dhar in a Hindu camp inside Bangladesh where she fled with her two children.

Eyewitnesses told AFP the bloodshed occurred outside their small Hindu village in Kha Maung Seik in northern Rakhine state, where Myanmar authorities have exhumed 45 corpses from mass graves since Sunday.

The army says the grim discoveries are evidence of a massacre by Muslim Rohingya terrorists on August 25, the same day the insurgents launched coordinated raids on police posts that unleashed a surge of communal bloodshed.

The military's sweeping reprisal has left hundreds dead and sent nearly half a million Rohingya refugees fleeing to Bangladesh, where they have described a campaign of army-led violence the UN says amounts to ethnic cleansing.

Myanmar's army has rebuffed the accusation and defended its operation as a proportionate crackdown on the Rohingya "extremist terrorists", while highlighting the plight of other groups, such as Buddhists and Hindus, swept up in the unrest.

On Wednesday the army lifted its tight net over the conflict zone to fly reporters to the area in northern Rakhine where the mass graves of Hindus, including many women and children, were exhumed earlier this week.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/hindus-recount-massacre-in-myanmar-as-mass-graves-unearthed-1755824

If these happened, and they were indeed perpetuated by Muslims - why is it inconcievable that there will be certain reprisals?  We're talking of a different part of the world, with a vastly different culture.  They do things their way - just like in Africa, they do things their way!

How do we know we're not being fed fake news by the liberal media - and UN -  that's biased towards a certain group?

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, betsy said:

How do we know we're not being fed fake news by the liberal media - and UN -  that's biased towards a certain group?

You are always fed fake news by the US media and there isn't any real left wing US media, Betsy. For dog's sakes, US media is owned by rich conservative corporations, the ones that make billions off of murdering dark skinned children around the world. 

The very people you adore and lovingly embrace in typical christian fashion.

11 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Another example how multiculturalism leads sooner or later to conflict.

And to think that they're not really "different," after all they all come from that part of the world.  And yet....

Just shows, unless an immigrant assimilates and embraces the culture of the host country.....count on cultural conflict to rear its ugly head.  That's why it's only sensible to take in immigrants that are compatible with the host country's values. 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

It is important that Islam be portrayed as the victim...even in Burma.

That is the liberal agenda.

I just caught a segment on the CBC showing a girl ranting about Suu Kyi, and demanding that her honorary Canadian citizenship be revoked.  For what?  For remaining silent, and not condemning what's happening to Rohingya Muslims - which is human rights violations.

Well, if that's the case......we better strip Justin Trudeau of his citizenship and boot him out of Canada.  He wasn't only silent about China's human rights violations - he practically says he admires that regime!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Suu Kyi only controls the civilian government with no real power. It's the Army pulling the strings in Burma...and unfortunately for the West's supporters of all things Islamic, the Burmese Army didn't attend their Muslim sensitivity courses.

The EU and the UN support an independent Palestine state but both are against independent Kurdistan or Catalonia. Such double standards.

What about carving up a state for the Rohingyas? I guess that is out of the question as well.

Take a look at the colour and appearance of these people. This is a race war as well as a religious feud. The number who fled in such a short time is quite extraordinary and suggests serious and widespread violence against them. The Hindu allegations are impossible to verify and are of a tiny scale compared to the human tsunami fleeing to Bangladesh of all places. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 5:49 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Take a look at the colour and appearance of these people. This is a race war as well as a religious feud. The number who fled in such a short time is quite extraordinary and suggests serious and widespread violence against them. 

Exactly. Why would hundreds of thousands of people suddenly just leave? Is it to create a fake story? 

Once again, Betsy is here to push the impossible angle to a story. Why? Because Muslims can never be the victim. They are the evils. Our war should be against Muslims. That's the path that has been drawn for her by the fundamentalists in order to reach the fictitious story of the rapture.

Betsy is trying to excuse genocide and murder. People like Betsy are no different than those who try to excuse, downplay or deny ISIS' genocidal behaviour. 

On 9/29/2017 at 5:55 AM, betsy said:

I don't know what to make of the claim of ethnic cleansing being done to Rohingya Muslims.  

Forgive me if I sound cynical or skeptic - but with the current liberal love affair with Muslims, I am not certain if what we're being given are accurate.   It could be true......but,  it could've been misrepresented by liberal media too.  And, UN can't be trusted either.

Are there any evidence other than claims made by fleeing Muslims, that there is an ethnic cleansing?  Sure they show burnt villages - but don't we see burnt villages in other parts of third world countries that are always embroiled in some sort of conflict?

Why would Suu Kyi hesitate to say it outright, and instead, put herself in an embarrassing position - that earned her rebukes around the world -  if indeed those things are happening?  Myanmar denies it.

furthermore, I found this local report:

If these happened, and they were indeed perpetuated by Muslims - why is it inconcievable that there will be certain reprisals?  We're talking of a different part of the world, with a vastly different culture.  They do things their way - just like in Africa, they do things their way!

And how do we know that Canadians are not being set up to start bringing in more refugees of the Rohingya kind? It's would be just like Canada to want to keep bringing in more people from countries where the people who pretty much hate each other, are being mixed together here in Canada. They will be bringing their own hatreds to Canada.

Multiculturalism is not going to unite these people once in Canada but will cause more division in Canada for the host Canadians to have to deal with. I believe that all these foreign religions are going to cause great problems for Canada in the not to distant future if our stunned politically correct politicians don't stop playing this silly multicultural game. Islam has already shown us as one example. 

We are talking about a different part of the world and their vastly different ways of doing things, and bringing them all to Canada where they will become culturally incompatible with Canada and it's culture and ways of doing things is not the way to go. When are our stunned politicians going to start to think about Canada and it's western culture and traditions for a change and not with the rest of the world and their cultures?  Where are Canada's political patriots?  So far all I have seen are politicians who could careless about Canada. They will be responsible for the mess when the chit hits the fan one day. But do they care if it does or not? I think not. Just saying. 

9 hours ago, taxme said:

And how do we know that Canadians are not being set up to start bringing in more refugees of the Rohingya kind?

C'mon! Be real for a second. There are around 400,000 refugees who have escaped the violence. You think they would go to that length to "set Canada up"?!

What's next? The earth is flat? 

7 hours ago, marcus said:

What's next? The earth is flat? 

I think you're starting to see how people think, when they're wading into these issues carrying their prejudices and issues first, and eschewing any idea of understanding context, empathizing.  It goes back to design of democratic systems.  How much can we expect a 'democracy' to care about a refugee issue regarding an unknown people on the other side of the world?

The task of educating everyone on earth about what 'humanity' is.... well, it's difficult.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think you're starting to see how people think, when they're wading into these issues carrying their prejudices and issues first, and eschewing any idea of understanding context, empathizing. 

Yes, there's really nothing more pathetic than watching a disingenuous conservative pretending to be ignorant.

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes, there's really nothing more pathetic than watching a disingenuous conservative pretending to be ignorant.

I don't care to waste time in guessing/discussing whether posters are lying and/or ignorant about the rohingya issue.  Let's give them another dog toy to chew on, instead, while the grown ups (from all parties) figure out how to deal with the problem. 

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

How much can we expect a 'democracy' to care about a refugee issue regarding an unknown people on the other side of the world?

The task of educating everyone on earth about what 'humanity' is.... well, it's difficult.

It gets top priority when it is used for propaganda purposes, doesn't it, Michael? 

And how many were murdered in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, ... by western war criminals/terrorists?

• Like 1

Canada's government(s) care more about mining interests in the region than another group of refugees.

...But amid the growing global outcry, a CBC News investigation recently found there are signs several UN figures and other international actors, including a key Canadian official, have been hesitant to pressure Myanmar on the rights of the Rohingya.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/ahmed-ullah-trip-1.4365599

...Some sources put much of the blame on the UN's top official in Myanmar, outgoing resident co-ordinator Renata Lok-Dessallien, a Canadian.

They say she favoured economic development over pressure to advance human rights, accusing her of "undermining" the work of more vocal, rights-focused officials tasked to work on the Myanmar file, even advising some not to travel to Rakhine.

http://cbc.ca.mevn.net/news/did-the-un-ignore-warnings-of-ethnic-cleansing-of-rohingya-in-myanmar-1.4357252

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

How on earth have peaceful buddhists which the vast majority of the Burmese people are have turned into such monsters as to drive out totally blameless muslims? I thought buddhism is all about peace and understanding.

On 10/1/2017 at 3:30 AM, betsy said:

That is the liberal agenda.

I just caught a segment on the CBC showing a girl ranting about Suu Kyi, and demanding that her honorary Canadian citizenship be revoked.  For what?  For remaining silent, and not condemning what's happening to Rohingya Muslims - which is human rights violations.

Well, if that's the case......we better strip Justin Trudeau of his citizenship and boot him out of Canada.  He wasn't only silent about China's human rights violations - he practically says he admires that regime!

Nothing will ever change in the third world. They are inhuman towards one another and they always will be. They are not called the third world for nothing. Personally, I am fed up with having to watch and listen all the time to outfits like the CBC as to what goes on in the third world. And all those third world immigrants that we keep bringing here are always going to whine and cry about something being done to someone else. They only bring their problems over here and continue on here with those problems. The people of the third world are of no benefit to Canada, just grief and the waste of taxpayer's tax dollars. 

21 hours ago, -TSS- said:

How on earth have peaceful buddhists which the vast majority of the Burmese people are have turned into such monsters as to drive out totally blameless muslims? I thought buddhism is all about peace and understanding.

Those people living in the third world are all pretty much full of hatred towards one another. They mostly are inhuman towards one another and that will never change. Why does Canada keep bringing in people from the third world is beyond me. They offer not a thing to Canada or Canadians except problems for us to have to try and solve and get rid of. Multiculturalism is the main reason for all this soon to be racial and religious problems that Canada will have to face in the next couple of decades. Most politicians are just a bunch of dolts. They create problems, never solve them. Just saying.