The Left invites terrorists into our home

Argus

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Link?

Why do I have to keep posting this for people who have been involved in immigration discussions here for years? I've probably posted it ten times now.

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/03/20/government-studies-immigrant-incomes-by-where-they-come-from.html

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Anyone crossing the US/Canada border into Canada illegally not from a legal border crossing should be warned, and then have a warning shot fired at them.   If they continue to try and cross the border they should be shot.  

Let's not get ridiculous. There are far more humane ways to deal with the situation. You pass a law using the Notwithstanding clause which allows for the immediate detention and expedited hearing of anyone crossing into Canada without permission. Set up refugee camps and put them there so they can't disappear into the streets, then give them a hearing within a week. If they don't have some convincing evidence they are being targeted and have no other place to go, deport them immediately. It should not matter that they come from a crappy country like Somalia or Haiti. Millions live in these countries. So can they. 

1 minute ago, capricorn said:

Babies can't vote until their late teens. Refugees and immigrants result in instant votes.

More importantly, refugees and immigrants of certain types will vote predictably. Muslims vote Liberal, so let's bring in more Muslims. Europeans, on the other hand don't vote reliably for any single party so the hell with them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

I suspect that people desperate to get out of the States are going to ignore any campaign trying to discourage them, including the possibility of being shot.

Then they get shot.  I suspect that will stop them despite best efforts.

Maybe i'd arrest them and boot their butts over the border again instead of shooting them, I dunno, either way I don't want anyone sneaking into Canada illegally.  I suspect if you arrest them they might just try again until they succeed.

55 minutes ago, Argus said:

So what are we doing about low birth rates? Nothing. Instead we're bringing in replacements.

Hard to imagine we can do anything about the low birth rates in order to reverse the trend.  Canada probably keep immigrating large numbers of foreigners to grow the population for centuries unless the way  the economic system works or the way people have & take care of babies fundamentally changes.  RIP caucasians, we had a good run.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Then they get shot.  I suspect that will stop them despite best efforts.

Maybe i'd arrest them and boot their butts over the border again instead of shooting them, I dunno, either way I don't want anyone sneaking into Canada illegally.  I suspect if you arrest them they might just try again until they succeed.

I don't agree with killing people for crossing the border, but agree that there could be a better way of impressing upon them that illegal immigration will not work.   I am not ceryain about the situation in Haiti, I am guessing they are economic refugees rather than war refugees and don't face near certain death if they go back to Haiti.  Not sure I would want to send Syrians away if it meant they would be deported back to Syria.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Under Trudeau it takes less years than it used to. I'm wondering if he'll try to reduce the waiting period even further.

Who knows.  Under the Harper gov it was living in Canada 4 out of last 6 years to become citizenship, and time in Canada before you had permanent residence status didn't count.  Trudeau changed it to where you have to live in Canada 3 out of last 5 years, and time before becoming a PR counts toward that time.

Liberals to their credit did recently change it so if you were on parole serving a conditional sentence that time didn't count towards the time required.

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I don't agree with killing people for crossing the border, but agree that there could be a better way of impressing upon them that illegal immigration will not work.

If you snuck into the US over the border illegally and US border guards saw you and you kept running into the US after they told you to stop or turn around & after the fired a warning shot would you expect to be shot?  Would you be surprised if you were?  If you stole a banana from a store and the police told you to stop & you didn't and you kept running & then they fired a warning shot & you kept running would you expect to be shot?

I am not ceryain about the situation in Haiti, I am guessing they are economic refugees rather than war refugees and don't face near certain death if they go back to Haiti.  Not sure I would want to send Syrians away if it meant they would be deported back to Syria.

They aren't refugees they've been granted conditional status in the US because of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti & don't have to abide by the US agreement and go back home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/federal-officials-dhs-to-extend-temporary-protected-status-to-haitians/2017/05/22/d2796824-3ef5-11e7-8c25-44d09ff5a4a8_story.html?utm_term=.8e4dc32c6405

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If you snuck into the US over the border illegally and US border guards saw you and you kept running into the US after they told you to stop or turn around & after the fired a warning shot would you expect to be shot?  Would you be surprised if you were?  If you stole a banana from a store and the police told you to stop & you didn't and you kept running & then they fired a warning shot & you kept running would you expect to be shot?

They aren't refugees they've been granted conditional status in the US because of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti & don't have to abide by the US agreement and go back home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/federal-officials-dhs-to-extend-temporary-protected-status-to-haitians/2017/05/22/d2796824-3ef5-11e7-8c25-44d09ff5a4a8_story.html?utm_term=.8e4dc32c6405

We cannot shoot intruders into our own homes without being charged. Wonder what the border agents cannot do.

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

We cannot shoot intruders into our own homes without being charged. Wonder what the border agents cannot do.

Well I probably wouldn't shoot them, I'd say arrest them and then tell them to go through a proper border crossing, then we should have an agreement with the US for them to be prosecuted for their crime in the US & we do the same for Canadians fleeing illegally into the US.  We shouldn't even be looking at their status if they cross illegally, just arrest & send back.  Eff this nonsense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Well I probably wouldn't shoot them, I'd say arrest them and then tell them to go through a proper border crossing, then we should have an agreement with the US for them to be prosecuted for their crime in the US & we do the same for Canadians fleeing illegally into the US.  We shouldn't even be looking at their status if they cross illegally, just arrest & send back.  Eff this nonsense.

I agree.  Send them back, but back to the USA or back to Haiti or wherever they came from?

29 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

This is my opinion and has nothing to do with what the US chooses to do, or even Canada for that matter.  I don't believe crossing a border should be a death penalty offense, unless we are at active war with a border country.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Not sure I would want to send Syrians away if it meant they would be deported back to Syria.

You're missing the point here I think.  "We (Canada)" don't have to send them back anywhere but the US.  They cross the border there, they go back where they came from - they are not our problem.  Let the US pay for their deportation if that was their first safe country.  Any idea what happens to me if I try to do the same thing and sneak into the States?

I still believe that the Canadian border should have guards with guns patrolling it against border jumpers.  They run....they get shot.  Only takes a couple of those before word gets out and the flow is stemmed.  And to be clear, I am NOT against any particular skin color - I AM against my money going to people who jump the queue.  The whole immigration debate for me is about money; nothing more.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They need to become citizens first.  That takes years.

If they're born in Canada, they're automatically Canadian citizens!

Don't forget too, that the government looks the other way about Muslims having multiple wives!  That means multiply the amount of children they have compared to our marriages. 

Edited by betsy

On 8/19/2017 at 0:20 PM, hot enough said:

Good thing that these days the government does not leave these decisions in the hands of racists. We have seen what has happened then. Just whiteys. 

This is a white christian builtt country, that is why it is number 1 in the world. Why do you want to ruin that.

3 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

You're missing the point here I think.  "We (Canada)" don't have to send them back anywhere but the US.  They cross the border there, they go back where they came from - they are not our problem.  Let the US pay for their deportation if that was their first safe country.  Any idea what happens to me if I try to do the same thing and sneak into the States?

Clarification:  If the US was hell bent in returning them to Syria.  Or gays back to places like Saudi I woukd be against returning them to the States.

The whole immigration debate for me is about money; nothing more.

Ah yes, money money money, people don't matter.

• Like 1