The Battle of Charlottesville

1 hour ago, Altai said:

Okay now US trying to remove an old British commander's statue from somewheres where the violent protests happens. Then some racists (probably pro-Britain guys) held a protests and attacks around and one of them crashes people by car. Who is this person crash people, does he have a British root in his family tree ? I also remember that Britain said they cut the intelligence partnership with US when a terror attack was happened in Britain, they said US didnt warn them despite US knew more details. So US prepared some attacks in London brindge, and I remember a building was burned. Then a US copter crashed and many Us soldiers died and I remember another US copter crashed at Australia (another British colony). 

Now US may want to assassinate some British diplomats as a response to Charlottesville riots. Maybe France involves in the events to provoke African-American people as they did in Ferguson events which was a response for Charlie Hebdo. etc etc etc...

I am teaching you how to look at the events. 

1 hour ago, Altai said:

Oh by the way, yesterday a restaurant and hotel was attacked in Burkina Faso, 17 people murdered including some Canadians and 1 Turkish guy. So this was another response by US. Why it was Burkina Faso, because its a France colony. The restaurant was belong to Turks, hotel was belong to French. Turkiye and France is working together in some points against US and US is disturbed by it.

Another attack done in France yesterday. A car crashed into a restaurant. Killed a kid and wounded 12 others. According to the claims the driver had no history with intelligence.

Edited by Altai

13 hours ago, LonJowett said:

He did try to stop the assemblies but the pro-free-speech left-wingers (that do not exist according to you and Argus) went to court to allow it to happen. Maybe you should have read more about the situation before coming to conclusions about who (besides the Nazis) might be responsible.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/12/16138326/aclu-charlottesville-protests-racism

If that's the only excuse he has.....he's truly pathetic as a mayor.  He should be booted out!  His stupidity caused needless deaths, you know.

Who said anything about stopping assemblies?  Let them rally and do their protest.......just not on the very same location, doh!

I saw it on tv.  The footage don't lie.  There was violence and hatred from both sides.

Maybe you should sit down, and think things through.

Edited by betsy

5 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

First off, Trump disavowed Duke many times throughout the election.  It was the media buzz for awhile, everyone tried trapping him on that one - I'm not surprised that his answers weren't good enough, when are they?

As for the murder, it was committed in a moment of rage, a crime of 'passion" even.  There is no evidence that it was pre-planned.  

As you defend Nazi murder and lie about Trump disavowing Duke, you can deny that Trump's father was arrested in a Klan hood in 1927 like Trump did, even though there were numerous separate reports and records of that arrest during a riot between the police and the Klan in New York. You might as well go all in in defending the KKK, Trump, and Nazism.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

As you defend Nazi murder and lie about Trump disavowing Duke, you can deny that Trump's father was arrested in a Klan hood in 1927 like Trump did, even though there were numerous separate reports and records of that arrest during a riot between the police and the Klan in New York. You might as well go all in in defending the KKK, Trump, and Nazism.

Whoa.   How is that defending the KKK and Nazism?

Even if it's true that Trump's father was involved with the Klan in the past.......that doesn't mean that Trump is, therefore, supporting the KKK and Nazism.  

And it's true that the murder was not premeditated - that's why the driver is charged with second-degree murder!

Edited by betsy

Betsy, it seems that you are trying to downplay the fascists in some way with every post you make.

I understand that you are a non-white person.  You do realize that these people you are helping think that you are inferior to them ?  That they would strip you of your citizenship and rights and put you on a boat back where you 'came from' or worse?

It strikes me that the minorities that fall in with these types are often naive and misinformed.  You should educate yourself, as you are working against your own best interests in defending them.

Trump's base right now is super racist, and it's all he has. His amateur hour presidency has alienated him from most of the moderate to moderate-right portion of the country. 

These racist nationalists are all Trump has left. 

Edited by Boges

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Free speech is telling you to stuff your Nazi opinions and stop blubbering to mommy about it.  Now it's your turn to reply.

Very simple.

Can you handle it or not?

Yes, because Tarek Fateh s a Nazi.

Shutting down Berkeley while lefties assault women is boko harump.

I don't have Nazi views. You are free to your communist views, which are responsible for a lot more misery.

Blubbering to mommy? That's playing the person, not the ball to use one of your idiotic idioms.

Again, showing why you were such a failure as a moderator. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Betsy, it seems that you are trying to downplay the fascists in some way with every post you make.

I understand that you are a non-white person.  You do realize that these people you are helping think that you are inferior to them ?  That they would strip you of your citizenship and rights and put you on a boat back where you 'came from' or worse?

It strikes me that the minorities that fall in with these types are often naive and misinformed.  You should educate yourself, as you are working against your own best interests in defending them.

No Michael, you should educate yourself.  Not everything is about racism and bigotry. 

While I can't deny that there are bigots and racists, I do see what so many "white" people are fighting for.  You're all for erasing the history and identity of the "white" people, and yet you'd be up in arms fighting for the identity of a minority group who'd come to this place.

The KKK and other deplorable Supremacists aren't many.......they are not a threat.  Like anarchists, they infiltrate rallies and protests.  Liberal thinkers like you, are the ones who are making these groups to become attractive, and to gain more followers.

What best interest?  Is losing rights and freedom - to appease certain groups -  for the best interest of everyone?  

What you're seeing now, is the product of political correctness gone amuck and the failure of multi-culturalism! 

I came to Canada because I like the values and lifestyle of the Western world. Having been introduced to it by working among Americans in a military base,  it's the kind of life I've wanted.  A lot of us immigrants - like Tarek Fatah - are fighting for that, you know. 

It must be frustrating for some Muslims like Tarek Fatah, to see the evil that they'd fled from........gain a foothold on  western soil.

I understand that you are a non-white person.  You do realize that these people you are helping think that you are inferior to them ? 

And I understand you are a "white" person.  You do realize that there are non-whites who'll never see white people in a flattering light, no matter how nice you are to them....even though you fight for them? 

Both sides have their own bigots!  I know.

That they would strip you of your citizenship and rights and put you on a boat back where you 'came from' or worse?

I could throw that right back at you.

You think you're safe from some minority groups should they gain clout, or become the majority? 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

There is no moral equivalency when it comes to neo-Nazi white supremacy

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion/charlottesville-aftermath-1.4246438

A white supremacist group, on the other hand, cannot exist without individuals who believe people of colour are genetically inferior. There is no such thing as a neo-Nazi who doesn't despise Jews. Hatred is their raison d'être.

This captures my opinion. White supremacists and Nazis are evil and must be stopped, shut down, criminalized.

The US fought the Civil War against white supremacists, and WWII against Nazis. 

There is no place for racial hatred in a civil society. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chrissy1979 said:

Something tells me the people ignoring the Nazi violence and focusing on the antiracist violence would be silent if, say, an Islamist preaching Jihad were punched in the face by a protester. They're deliberately ignoring the aggressive attacks perpetrated by F'ing Nazis. That shows you where their allegiances are.

Another person disagreeing with free speech. Oh wait, you believe the Imam has the right to call for Sharia and Jihad and death to the west..

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

betsy is a lying racist troll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

About Trump, he's gets asked the same question 50 times in the hopes that he may say the wrong thing or leave room for confusion - the media disregard his solid answers and quote his "not good enough" answers, try and find "dog whistles" - it's quite tiring.  The bottom line is; Trump thinks Duke is a racist and clearly he has always thought that.   

Again: why did he give all those ambivalent responses?  "I don't know anything about David Duke,"  etc?  If he had been clear in the first case, he wouldn't have been asked the question so many times afterward. 

You make it sound like this was a media plot to get him to trip him up, but again: it's not a difficult question to answer. It's an incredibly simple question to answer.  Trump himself gave a very clear answer to that question in 2000. If he'd been that direct in the past election, the issue would have gone away. He chose to give those ambiguous answers, for reasons that are obvious to everyone, including yourself.  And that's why the media kept hounding him on the subject.

When Trump kept shrugging off those questions, what he was really saying is "I don't want to be associated with white nationalists, but I won't reject that endorsement because I still want white nationalists to vote for me."

-k

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

A town in Germany punks neo-Nazis.  Pretty hilarious, watch the video.

https://www.good.is/articles/neo-nazis-tricked

Are there any books you would burn? How about statues you would topple? Any 'white men' you wish to erase from history?

What's a Nazi, again?

2 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Again: why did he give all those ambivalent responses?  "I don't know anything about David Duke,"  etc?  If he had been clear in the first case, he wouldn't have been asked the question so many times afterward. 

You make it sound like this was a media plot to get him to trip him up, but again: it's not a difficult question to answer. It's an incredibly simple question to answer.  Trump himself gave a very clear answer to that question in 2000. If he'd been that direct in the past election, the issue would have gone away. He chose to give those ambiguous answers, for reasons that are obvious to everyone, including yourself.  And that's why the media kept hounding him on the subject.

When Trump kept shrugging off those questions, what he was really saying is "I don't want to be associated with white nationalists, but I won't reject that endorsement because I still want white nationalists to vote for me."

-k

I can't help but notice you didn't unequivocally denounce Nazis in your post.

:lol:

15 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

Another person disagreeing with free speech. Oh wait, you believe the Imam has the right to call for Sharia and Jihad and death to the west..

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Racial hatred is unacceptable.

Nazis like you must be stomped out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jacee said:

There is no moral equivalency when it comes to neo-Nazi white supremacy

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion/charlottesville-aftermath-1.4246438

A white supremacist group, on the other hand, cannot exist without individuals who believe people of colour are genetically inferior. There is no such thing as a neo-Nazi who doesn't despise Jews. Hatred is their raison d'être.

This captures my opinion. White supremacists and Nazis are evil and must be stopped, shut down, criminalized.

The US fought the Civil War against white supremacists, and WWII against Nazis. 

There is no place for racial hatred in a civil society. 

But there is a place for Islamic terrorists. 

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I can't help but notice you didn't unequivocally denounce Nazis in your post.

:lol:

I wasn't endorsed by Nazis.  I wasn't asked whether I accept their endorsement.  If you ask me my opinion about Nazis 50 times over the next few days, I promise I can give you a clear and direct answer each and every time.

-k

Just look at the way you reason, Michael.  I'm pointing out the UNFAIRNESS of the accusations being levelled at Hal for speaking his mind, and expressing his opinion.  You see nothing wrong with that?

Instead of dealing with that issue - the point I was making about the accusation at Hal  - you're trying to make it so that I'm siding with racists. :lol:

I'm not downplaying anything......because there's nothing to downplay, Michael.   Both sides in that rally had resorted to violence and hate.  The footage speaks for themselves.  Stop being an ostrich.  Look at the facts!

1 minute ago, kimmy said:

I wasn't endorsed by Nazis.  I wasn't asked whether I accept their endorsement.  If you ask me my opinion about Nazis 50 times over the next few days, I promise I can give you a clear and direct answer each and every time.

-k

It's a joke.

You know....haha?