Islam Is Peace

2 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

.....so not the adherents just the worshippers?  What about observers....do they get a pass?  What if they don't eat fish on Fri?

I don't think they need to anymore.   I think one of the Popes, or Vatican Councils, figured out it was no longer necessary to refrain from eating meat on Fridays.

Edited by bcsapper

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-17 at 8:59 AM, Goddess said:

This was a good article. It interviews some closeted atheist Muslims about the struggles they experienced leaving the religion (I related to lots of their comments).  One is wanting to leave but cannot at this time.

http://robmcleod.net/2017/06/15/behind-the-veil/

So why are you so against Muslim women immigrating to Canada? 

• 6 months later...
On 6/7/2017 at 2:34 AM, Goddess said:

I do find the slogan "Islam is peace" that's being shoved down our throats all the time to be both a farce and frankly, offensive.

Anyone with a history book and a newspaper knows that Islam is not peace.  The various groups of Muslims have never even had any peace amongst themselves, so trying to pass it off as a "peaceful" religion is an offensive farce.

Are there peaceful Muslims?  I'm sure there must be, but that is certainly not the mainstream focus of the religion.

Following is the translation Muslims and their liberal friends don't want you to pay any attention to.

This translation is simple plain English and to the point. Also has many compilations of particularly pertinent verses. If there is any doubt about the accuracy of a particular verse, it can be cross-checked against other more convoluted translations.

Koran is a purveyor of a mental disease that causes people to become criminally insane.

Like all diseases one does not become full blown immediately.

KILLERS are acting in harmony with Koran and example of Mohammed

KILLERS are acting in contradiction to NT and example of Christ

Koran is plainly contradictory to the US constitution and Koran demands the believer to wage war on non-Muslims. If current law were enforced, Muslims could not legally enter the USA

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/

On 1/15/2018 at 12:34 AM, John Prewett said:

KILLERS are acting in harmony with Koran and example of Mohammed

KILLERS are acting in contradiction to NT and example of Christ

You know what's really nuts, western lefties are behind it all and nothing is ever done about it.

And to think we spent a trillion dollars waging wars halfway around the world so we wouldn't have to fight here at home.

It defies reason.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:16 PM, bcsapper said:

That's the whole point. It's the interpreter that kills you, not the word. 

The apostle Paul spoke about the importance of God working through the written word when he said

"5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

2 Corinthians ch3 vs 5,6  King James Bible

There have been many false teachers down through the ages, who used parts of the word (the Bible) and twisted it for their own evil purposes.

Edited by blackbird

This website contrasts Islam with christianity.  It says the religion of end-times Bible prophecy will be Islam.

It says in part:

"The pre-Islam pagan Arabs worshiped the Moon-god Allah by praying toward Mecca several times a day; making a pilgrimage to Mecca; running around the temple of the Moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone; killing an animal in sacrifice to the Moon-god; throwing stones at the devil; fasting for the month which begins and ends with the crescent moon; giving alms to the poor, etc.

If you have read the news in recent months, you know that modern day Muslims practice these very rituals.

The Muslims are worshiping the same false god that people have been worshiping since early times as far back as Israel's beginnings.

Most importantly, Muslims say you don't need to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved!  Muslims will admit that Jesus Christ was a true prophet, but deny that He was the Messiah (although some Western Muslims will say He was anointed), they will deny that He was God manifested in the flesh as of the Son of God (John 1:14), and they will deny that He died on the cross and rose again.  Does that make sense?  Absolutely not! That belief cannot be truth because Jesus Christ Himself said He was the Messiah, and said He was the Son of God!  Unquote

Further it says:

" The word Islam means "submission".  Not only in the sense of submission to Allah, but in the sense of making everyone submit to the rule of Islam.  Islam is about subduing the world and making it submit.  The Muslims believe that Mohammed is the exemplar of right conduct.  They aspire to be like him in the same manner that Christians aspire to be like Jesus.  Mohammed said to spread, through warfare, the rules of Islam.  Mohammed became increasingly violent during his career and spent 10 years in Medina creating an army to overthrow his homeland, Mecca, after he was ran off by the pagans in 622 AD.  He killed thousands of people and subdued Arabia through war.  Muslims are encouraged to commit acts of heroism in combat.  They are promised that those who kill and are killed will be rewarded with paradise.  This is the basis for suicide bombers.  They believe that since they are killing while they are killed that the sin of suicide is covered by the martyrdom of their action and, as such, they will be rewarded in heaven.  Islam is a religion of political rule, a system of government.  It is not about a personal relationship with Allah, it is about bringing the world under submission to its rule. "

For the full article go to:

http://www.prophecyandtruth.com/islam/

12 hours ago, James Butler said:

Hi, I am a muslim. 

Can anyone please reply what you think on this?

Islamic Society of Basking Ridge’s Struggle for its Mosque

Speaking as an atheist I think it's a little depressing.  It is 2018 after all and building even more infrastructure that caters to superstition and irrational thinking is just...depressing.

Speaking as a leftard however all I can say is Allahu Akbar!  The infidel citizens of Basking Ridge should be forced to submit to communism Sharia forthwith.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Speaking as an atheist I think it's a little depressing.  It is 2018 after all and building even more infrastructure that caters to superstition and irrational thinking is just...depressing. 

They used to house communities within communities.  As such, they were inter-social infrastructure.  Community became government, politics became branding of personal identity, and selfishness over selflessness.  Leaders sold out.  A pending apocalypse became exciting, and fed a mushrooming appetite for scary entertainment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 11:23 PM, blackbird said:

kissing the black stone

There are many stories about the black stone over the centuries, both before and after the start of Islam (eg. it was stolen in 930AD and recovered in 951AD). One of those stories takes place several years before Mohamed had his first revelation (visit by the archangel Gabriel). The temple was undergoing renovations, and to quell any fighting over who would have the honor of setting the stone back in its place they decided to let the next man to walk in be given the honor. That man of course turned out to be Mohamed. Some may say that after getting that honor his ego took over and he thought himself a prophet, other of course may say that God directed to him to be at the temple at the right time.

There are countless other stories about this stone, how it has been lost, found, destroyed, etc. The stone that is in place there today is not a single stone, but several fragments cemented together. That probably accounts for the various sizes attributed to it in the many stories. What was there in 600AD and earlier may have been a large single piece, and perhaps what is seen today are fragments of that original rock. Some claim it dates back to Adam and Eve, and was a rock that fell from the heavens for them to create an altar; that aligns with the common claim of it being a meteorite. Others suggest that it is a glass formed from silica by the impact of a meteorite. The most plausible is that it is terrestrial in origin, formed by natural forces, most likely an agate. If the story about it floating are true (from when it was stolen and recovered), then it is possibly a pumice.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎25 at 10:35 AM, ?Impact said:

There are many stories about the black stone over the centuries, both before and after the start of Islam (eg. it was stolen in 930AD and recovered in 951AD). One of those stories takes place several years before Mohamed had his first revelation (visit by the archangel Gabriel). The temple was undergoing renovations, and to quell any fighting over who would have the honor of setting the stone back in its place they decided to let the next man to walk in be given the honor. That man of course turned out to be Mohamed. Some may say that after getting that honor his ego took over and he thought himself a prophet, other of course may say that God directed to him to be at the temple at the right time.

There are countless other stories about this stone, how it has been lost, found, destroyed, etc. The stone that is in place there today is not a single stone, but several fragments cemented together. That probably accounts for the various sizes attributed to it in the many stories. What was there in 600AD and earlier may have been a large single piece, and perhaps what is seen today are fragments of that original rock. Some claim it dates back to Adam and Eve, and was a rock that fell from the heavens for them to create an altar; that aligns with the common claim of it being a meteorite. Others suggest that it is a glass formed from silica by the impact of a meteorite. The most plausible is that it is terrestrial in origin, formed by natural forces, most likely an agate. If the story about it floating are true (from when it was stolen and recovered), then it is possibly a pumice.

Yes.  The RC church has it's relics which are highly venerated.  A lot of money has been made by the Vatican over the centuries with relics and fake claims.

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

OTOH it could be ambergris - whale shit in other words.

Interesting, although I think the odour would have been noticed. The other issue is I am sure the black stone has received lots of direct sunlight and heat over the years so the surface should have softened.

41 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Interesting, although I think the odour would have been noticed. The other issue is I am sure the black stone has received lots of direct sunlight and heat over the years so the surface should have softened.

Well, is not really crap, sperm whales barf it up as well  - its a lump of indigestible squid beaks and a highly valuable ingredient in perfume.  I shit you not.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, is not really crap, sperm whales barf it up as well  - its a lump of indigestible squid beaks and a highly valuable ingredient in perfume.  I shit you not.

Yes, I looked it up. The above characteristics of ambergris (odour, and softening in hot sun) are why I don't think it could be the black stone.