Why does the Constitution not recognize private property?

7 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Surely also in the USA if they need to tear down a person's house because they are going to build a motorway to run over it that person can not stop it by appealing to property-rights?

Generally I think the reason government doesn't like property rights, is because it gives the citizens some clout or defence against an arbitrary government and forces the government to justify on a legal basis why they want to take away someone's property.  Government would rather see citizens with no property rights to make governing a lot easier.

Blackbird wrote; "Another thing that should raise alarm bells with Canadians is the Calls to Action, a long document with incredibly demands on Canada, as a result of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission report.  People should read the demands for action.  If the government actually accepted all these demands, Canada would be totally bankrupt and the country would be turned over to the aboriginal people completely. "

Didn't the country belong to the aboriginal people in the first place? Perhaps you would rather pay rent, say, $10,000 a hectre, per month, retroactive.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Purchasing property in Canada is more complicated because of this. You need to evaluate the potential risks of taking this property anytime by the Canadian government without significant compensation. If we compare Canada and the US, the US government can lease or buy the land with good market value. Before taking any steps in purchasing the property in Canada, I always consult with my Mortgage Advisor London company. I think they need to change this law. For me, it looks like the threatment of their citizens.

Edited by MaeKrugern

There's a simple answer to the question: because Constitution, and none of the rights protected in it are a given. The only real rights are those that are demanded, assured, protected and defended whenever needed, by the citizens. If you expect your rights to be given by the government, good luck in China.

On 4/22/2017 at 9:12 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

What is usually referred to as private property in Canada is actually a 'Freehold Lease.' All land is owned by the Crown. If the Crown terminates your lease for, say the construction of a road, the Crown pays compensation. Sometimes, as in the case of the Regina GTH, the Crown pays an unusually large sum. 

A Crown cannot own nothing.  It is a set of rules or laws, that are meant to dispossess the actual owners, the wildlife and set aside all land to the human race.  But then the laws do not want to give individuals rights over land either, the idea being that the land will belong to the more privileged - those with money and power, who created the laws for themselves.

You have to pay to have a little chunk for yourself and then those who sold it to you, ask for taxes at the end, just to make sure you cannot be free.

Theoretically, every living thing under the sun has a right to free land to live on.

Not in our bullshit world we tolerated for this long.

Edited by cougar

6 hours ago, myata said:

One day we may wake up and find out that we don't own our bodies neither. Just give it a few Covid decades, or years.

?  It is happening already.

Take the vaccination or die of starvation.  So much for body ownership.

7 minutes ago, cougar said:

A Crown cannot own nothing.  It is a set of rules or laws, that are meant to dispossess the actual owners, the wildlife and set aside all land to the human race.  But then the laws do not want to give individuals rights over land either, the idea being that the land will belong to the more privileged - those with money and power, who created the laws for themselves.

You have to pay to have a little chunk for yourself and then those who sold it to you, ask for taxes at the end, just to make sure you cannot be free.

Theoretically, every living thing under the sun has a right to free land to live on.

Not in our bullshit world we tolerated for this long.

Tighten down your tin foil hat , grab a tin garbage can lid and start the revolution Cougar, you could be the start of change...

On 4/21/2017 at 8:43 PM, blackbird said:

Just wondering if anyone knows why the Canadian Charter of Rights does not include the right to own private property in Canada?  Was this deliberately left out for some reason?

Thanks to old man comrade P. Trudeau he purposely left out the right to own property in the constitution. For anyone living in a communist country, owning property is not a right. The government can take anyone's private property away from them whenever they feel like it. The Canadian constitution and the charter of rights and freedoms is just a bunch of words written on some piece of paper which really means nothing at all.

Today, our Marxist governments can do whatever they want to by just altering and changing the words around in those two documents to serve their purpose and agendas. Today it means yes, and tomorrow it will mean no. We really do not have any rights and freedoms anymore.

This Marxist phony scamdemic has shown us all that. It truly does appear that we are fast becoming more like a communist country to live in these days here in Canada. Just look at all of the freedoms and rights that we have have all lost today thanks to this covid scamdemic. One has to be pretty dam stupid to not see it.

Sadly, there are way too many stupid people walking around out there these days. For me, anyone who takes a booster shot has to be pretty stupid especially when there is no mandate to do so, FOR NOW. By anyone taking a booster shot is telling their political master politicians that they still are enjoying playing this scamdemic covid game. ?

On 4/22/2017 at 10:21 AM, Derek 2.0 said:

Simple, the then Trudeau government, buoyed by the courts, didn't want the enshrined headaches associated with such rights.........think First Nations, treaty rights and land claims and magnify it to include the entire country and its population.

The Indian nations in BC are allowed to own private property today. Pretty much all of BC is now considered to be native Indian owned land or property. There is pretty much nothing that can be done on any land in BC unless one gets the blessing of some native Indian Chief and band. The NDP communists were responsible for that little screwing for the non-Indians of BC.So, enjoy your property today because the native Indians can take it away from you tomorrow. ?

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2017 at 5:10 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Why should I care if government takes away your property ?  If there's a good enough reason, they should be able to take it as far as I'm concerned.  

Spoken like a real and true comrade, comrade. ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Actually I have the insider view from civil service contracts, and when the s**t hits the fan and Chairman Trudeau takes over for good, I have my eye on your car and your belt.

No problem, comrade. You can have my old car and my dirty old looking worn out belt. I am pretty sure that you have to be quite happy living in the land of Chairman Trudeau, right? ?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Tighten down your tin foil hat , grab a tin garbage can lid and start the revolution Cougar, you could be the start of change...

I imagine you are happy being milked like a cow and told where you can and can't go, while the places where you can go are getting fewer, smaller and compromised.

But you can go to a business during regular hours, park in their lot while you are shopping or go to work and park in the company's yard while you are working, and of course use the highway to go from one place you spend money to the next, or one employer to the next.  These are about all your rights and you are happy with it.

On 4/23/2017 at 11:21 AM, Derek 2.0 said:

And you're repeating an incorrect assertion........the very fact that your link mentions hundreds of lawsuits that will be required to build the Wall........versus in Canada, where the local City has more legal protections then its taxpayers....and at its discretion can decide when and where it can force you into forfeiture of "your land".......

Doesn't matter how may lawsuits there are, once the first case sets a precedent, all the others will follow.

I also think one of the big problems in Canada causing the housing shortage is the excessive amount of red tape and government intervention in the land around towns and cities.  The land is either completely unavailable or it is exorbitantly expensive and in the control of land developers or logging companies.  Can anyone explain why an acre or two out of town should be priced at hundreds of thousands of dollars when no development or money has been spent on it yet?

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

I also think one of the big problems in Canada causing the housing shortage is the excessive amount of red tape and government intervention in the land around towns and cities.  The land is either completely unavailable or it is exorbitantly expensive and in the control of land developers or logging companies.  Can anyone explain why an acre or two out of town should be priced at hundreds of thousands of dollars when no development or money has been spent on it yet?

You are advocating communism now? That land is unavailable because somebody else owns the freehold lease. If they want to charge a high price for their lease, that is their right. They own the lease.

12 hours ago, taxme said:

Thanks to old man comrade P. Trudeau he purposely left out the right to own property in the constitution. For anyone living in a communist country, owning property is not a right. The government can take anyone's private property away from them whenever they feel like it. The Canadian constitution and the charter of rights and freedoms is just a bunch of words written on some piece of paper which really means nothing at all.

You have been misinformed. The Crown's ownership of land was an ancient practice in the days of Godwulf, Geatwa and Teatwa 2000 years ago in the British Isles. When the Europeans conquered North America, they brought this custom with them. It has nothing to do with either Prime Ministers Trudeau. It is our heritage and only disgruntled American wannabes (apologies to Bush Cheney ?) and marxists who would covet another's right to own a freehold lease on property.

Edited by Queenmandy85
I really have to start profs reading before posting.

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You are advocating communism now? That land is unavailable because somebody else owns the freehold lease. If they want to charge a Highway price for their lease, that is their right. They own the lease.

No, I think in B.C. it is crown land or some of it might be under a timber licence but much of it close to towns is not being used for anything.  Just bushes while there is a huge shortage of homes for people.  But the government is ignoring the people and making it impossible for the towns and cities to expand as the population grows.  What does wanting the land to be available to the people as towns grow have to do with Communism.  Now you're being nonsensical.   Government interventionist policies is what is Marxism and there is plenty of it in Canada.  That's what makes housing so unaffordable.  That is why houses are 50% to double the prices of houses in the U.S.   Government control is a form of Marxism.

Another reason real estate prices are so high, particularly in Vancouver, BC, is because of foreign investment in real estate in Vancouver.  Rich people in China particularly like Vancouver as a place to safely invest their money where it is out of reach of the government.  There are even condos in Vancouver that are largely unoccupied because they are being used strictly as an investment to hold wealthy people's money.  All this while Vancouver is the most expensive real estate market in North America and third in the world.

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

1. The reason housing is so expensive is thee are too many people.

2. it's not my land. 

1. I looked into this for 2019 or 2020, I think.  The number of new homes delivered was roughly the same as the population increase.   There are two homes on my block that are sitting empty now - when I was growing up there were never empty houses.

• Thanks 1

I saved a Vancouver Sun issue from the mid 1960's. 3 bedroom houses were selling for $16,900.00. I agree the empty condo speculators are a problem. 

If people keep moving into the interior of BC, the wilderness will disappear forever. It is already being ruined by logging.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I looked into this for 2019 or 2020, I think.  The number of new homes delivered was roughly the same as the population increase.   There are two homes on my block that are sitting empty now - when I was growing up there were never empty houses.

Empty homes or condos in Vancouver BC is a sign of foreign investment bought them just for investment.  There are lots of empty condos in Vancouver owned by investors in China.  Our governments have allowed foreigners to buy them up for decades and did nothing to stop it.  Now Vancouver is the highest priced real estate in North America and one of the three highest in the world.  Many liberals have close ties to China and a special affection for that place.

We are going to be further propagandized by Shun Yen this spring, an extravant entertainment show about China before the Communist revolution.  They say it is China "before the Communist revolution" but still the whole thing is to sell China as a place we should be connected to.  We are not all that dumbed down.  They can propagandize on a large scale like that in various cities in Canada because Canada is an open western democracy.  See how far the west would get if we went to China and put on shows like that about how great the west is.  You think the CCP would allow that to happen?   Not a chance.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 4:30 PM, cougar said:

I imagine you are happy being milked like a cow and told where you can and can't go, while the places where you can go are getting fewer, smaller and compromised.

But you can go to a business during regular hours, park in their lot while you are shopping or go to work and park in the company's yard while you are working, and of course use the highway to go from one place you spend money to the next, or one employer to the next.  These are about all your rights and you are happy with it.

Gone are the days where we could go where we wanted to go and say what we wanted to say without the need of having to wear a face diaper mask, or needing a vaccine(666)passport to be able to enter certain business premises. Canada has pretty much become a communist country right now. It's getting harder to be able to have FUN anymore.

Christmas and New Years have been pretty much shut down, and all those past years where we could have big huge Christmas get together with family or go out on New Years eve to get happy and have FUN have now been taken away from us all. Now all our Marxist politicians want us all to do at Christmas and New Years time is to just stay at home alone and munch down on potato chips and coke for your dinner. 

If the globalist communists can get their way in the near future we all may just be forced to have to get rid of our private property one day. After all, living in a communist country your(government)property belongs to the state. 

The new globalist elite cabal slogan for today is that "you will own nothing, and you will be happy". Frighting indeed. 

Marxists do not believe in family or of people owning private property. As long as those two mentioned exist, communism can go nowhere. Both are a thorn in their globalist Marxist asses. Works for me. ?  

On 12/22/2021 at 4:43 PM, Aristides said:

Doesn't matter how may lawsuits there are, once the first case sets a precedent, all the others will follow.

The question that then needs to be answered is that when the precedent has been set will it turn out to be a good or bad precedent. That is what we the taxpayer's have to pay attention too. Just saying. ?