Women to march against Trump.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Abortions are elective procedures except in special cases.   If women want abortions...then pay for them...like boob jobs.

I really don't think it's the money you are flailing around about. It's much more likely to do with some sort of religious conviction that I am not saddled with. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

I really don't think it's the money you are flailing around about. It's much more likely to do with some sort of religious conviction that I am not saddled with. 

If it wasn't the money, Canada would be contributing a lot more to third world abortions than was the United States.

Knocked up ?   Pay for your own abortion.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

4 hours ago, Omni said:

As has always been the case, the right wing redneck religious freaks who stand up to deny a woman her right to governance over her own body, and want to force her into an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy, are the first ones to fail to offer her any assistance after the fact. And so we will head down the path once again that will produce seriously health compromised, or even dead mothers along with unwanted fetuses. One step ahead and how many back?

That woman should take governance over her body - by using her brains!  You don't want to get pregnant - refrain from sex, or use precaution!

You don't say "my body, my choice," after the fact!  You make your choice before the possible consequence happens! 

We shouldn't be paying for someones irresponsible behaviour, and wilfull negligence! 

If I'm to choose between dead mothers and dead unborn........it's a no-brainer.  

2 hours ago, betsy said:

That woman should take governance over her body - by using her brains!  You don't want to get pregnant - refrain from sex, or use precaution!

You don't say "my body, my choice," after the fact!  You make your choice before the possible consequence happens! 

We shouldn't be paying for someones irresponsible behaviour, and wilfull negligence! 

If I'm to choose between dead mothers and dead unborn........it's a no-brainer.  

With the signing of the anti-abortion order, you will have more dead mothers and more dead babies.

But that doesn't matter, right?   More abortions, more death, more misery is all ok, as long as laws based on your Christian beliefs get passed.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Explain that logic.

It's been explained.   I will try one more time, though.

1.  When a health organization loses funding, it also loses the ability to provide other services, such as counseling and providing contraceptives that prevent pregnancy.   This is true in developing countries, as well as in poorer parts of the US.

2.  When contraception is less available, more women experience unwanted pregnancies.

3.  Regardless of the legality of abortion, women will try to abort unwanted babies.   More unwanted pregnancies = more abortions. 

4.  The babies who would have died from abortion prior to the lack of funding still die, plus the babies that wouldn't even have been conceived prior to the lack of funding will die.

5.   Also, without access to safe abortion, women will die from these procedures.

6.  Cites for this information have already been provided, not going to do it again.

But you've already clearly stated that you don't care if *more* babies die; you are only interested in ensuring that women do not have access to abortion, because your religion (supposedly based on non-judgement, love, forgiveness and helping others) has some line in the OT (which no longer applies, according to you) about fetuses dying as a result of a blow to the stomach.

This is an example of why I find Islam and Christianity to be essentially identical:  it doesn't matter what the actual *teachings* are, people do what they want and then use their religion to justify it regardless of how illogical it is, or how horrible the effects on others are.

3 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

My suggestion? Don't even bother discussing it with her. You're never going to find common ground. You're never going to reason with her. She has such a fundamentally skewed worldview that she will never acknowledge these policies are the direct cause of more suffering. Her and the other conservative Christians don't care about reducing abortion, they care only about absolving their own consciences.

Too late for the post above, but good advice which I shall follow henceforth.   :) 

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It's been explained.   I will try one more time, though.

1.  When a health organization loses funding, it also loses the ability to provide other services, such as counseling and providing contraceptives that prevent pregnancy.   This is true in developing countries, as well as in poorer parts of the US.

2.  When contraception is less available, more women experience unwanted pregnancies.

3.  Regardless of the legality of abortion, women will try to abort unwanted babies.   More unwanted pregnancies = more abortions. 

4.  The babies who would have died from abortion prior to the lack of funding still die, plus the babies that wouldn't even have been conceived prior to the lack of funding will die.

5.   Also, without access to safe abortion, women will die from these procedures.

6.  Cites for this information have already been provided, not going to do it again.

But you've already clearly stated that you don't care if *more* babies die; you are only interested in ensuring that women do not have access to abortion, because your religion (supposedly based on non-judgement, love, forgiveness and helping others) has some line in the OT (which no longer applies, according to you) about fetuses dying as a result of a blow to the stomach.

This is an example of why I find Islam and Christianity to be essentially identical:  it doesn't matter what the actual *teachings* are, people do what they want and then use their religion to justify it regardless of how illogical it is, or how horrible the effects on others are.

1.  If they want funding......don't do abortions.  As simple as that.

2. Organizations that don't offer abortion will still be able to offer other services.  Contraceptives will still be available.

3.  WRONG!  Your logic is askewed.  If women know that abortion is illegal, they're more likely to act responsibly when engaging in sex.

4.  It's the deliberate  murder that we're talking about.  People die.  We can't stop death.

5.  That's their choice.  We can't totally eliminate abortion like we can't totally eliminate any other crimes.

Edited by betsy

10 minutes ago, betsy said:

That's their choice. 

Do you have data that supports your contention that women knowing that abortion is illegal will result in fewer unwanted pregnancies? I ask, because I know you just made that up.

Regarding "their choice", so what? It's your choice to work to deny them the resources of Planned Parenthood, which will lead to more back-alley abortions. Those deaths will be on you as much as they will be on them.

Edited by BubberMiley