President Trump's cabinet

6 hours ago, kimmy said:

Oh come on guys, he's not Hitler.  I don't like him any more than you do, but he's not Hitler. Or even Makmood Amadinajinabad, for that matter. And he is in a system with checks and balances, and has sane people around who will keep him from getting out of control.  

-k

Its the system that's out of control, Trump is merely an effect not a cause.  There's more than one route to disaster.

6 hours ago, kimmy said:

Oh come on guys, he's not Hitler.  I don't like him any more than you do, but he's not Hitler. Or even Makmood Amadinajinabad, for that matter. And he is in a system with checks and balances, and has sane people around who will keep him from getting out of control.

-k

Oh Trump is definitely another nutcase like George W Bush...

Kimmy I didn't say he is Hitler I said he's so unpredictable anything is possible. 

He is starting off with a massive deportation. He's already expressed desire to 'identify' Muslims. He has stated that he has no issues committing war crimes.  There are 'parallels' which mean a similar atmosphere in which he rose to power.  

Will he fire up the ovens as soon as he takes office?  No of course not. Hitler didn't either.

For all I know if he'll revert to his pre 2008 Democrat and laugh at republicans but if there is any one campaign in 2016 election that has the capacity to start world war three, it's hands down Donald Trump. 

Thats what I mean by he's unpredictable.

Edited by BC_chick

WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?” TRUMP: “I would strongly consider that, yes.” Fox News Sunday, 1/31/2016

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?” TRUMP: “I would strongly consider that, yes.” Fox News Sunday, 1/31/2016

Trump's position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMnoa8dLw8

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Trump has many positions.  He's said many contradictory things.  

You asked me where he said he might attack gay rights.  I showed you. 

My question: Is Donald Trump going to attack gays? Did he say he was going to attack him in the video I posted?

Edited by DogOnPorch

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

TRUMP: “I would strongly consider that, yes.” Fox News Sunday, 1/31/2016

Trump's position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMnoa8dLw8

First of all, why exactly are you assuming his position as given in the video is his actual true position? He's made many conflicting statements on the matter, so why are you trusting one of them as the guideline for what he'll follow over another? (And more importantly, he's made those conflicting statements within this election cycle... its not like some statement that was dug up from decades ago, where his opinion may have changed.)

Secondly, how exactly does he plan to support the LGBT community? Remember, one of his claims is that he would appoint right-leaning judges in order to restrict abortion. While abortion and gay rights are separate issues, there is usually considerable overlap with their supporters (e.g. anti-abortionists are often anti-gay). In his rush to restrict abortion, he may end up with a side effect of negatively affecting gay rights at the supreme court level.

In my opinion, a politician who has given so many contradictory statements should be viewed skeptically. Even if he claims now to support gay rights, the fact that he was willing to consider an anti-gay stance means he probably doesn't feel that strongly about it. (Add to that the fact that so much of his voter base was composed of right-wing religious nut jobs.) So should congress decide to pass some sort of "gay people are evil" bill, Trump probably doesn't have the moral fiber to oppose it.

My question again: Is Donald Trump going to attack gays?

He states that he's going to do everything in his power to protect the community. Doesn't he? This to a room of Republicans rather than a despised talking head.

And they cheered.

Edited by DogOnPorch

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

My question again: Is Donald Trump going to attack gays?

He states that he's going to do everything in his power to protect the community. Doesn't he? This to a room of Republicans rather than a despised talking head.

And they cheered.

I'm at work, so I can't watch the clip. But if its the one I'm thinking about, its when he was addressing the Republican national convention.

There, his comment was that he would protect them from foreign harm. I suspect at least some of the cheering was not for gay people, but it was against the evil foreigners. (Make America great again, by making all the bigotry home-grown!)

I'd also avoid reading too much into the audience reaction. Its a big political rally... Trump probably could have read from the phone book and gotten the same reaction.  I suspect most of the people there are quite willing to think they're decent people and that they "love the gays", but won't have any moral problems if (for example) gay marriage gets overturned.

And once again, we are not denying Trump made a pro-gay statement... we are questioning his position because he has made multiple anti-gay statements too, and we just don't trust him because of that conflict.

34 minutes ago, segnosaur said:

First of all, why exactly are you assuming his position as given in the video is his actual true position? He's made many conflicting statements on the matter, so why are you trusting one of them as the guideline for what he'll follow over another?

Not to pick on you, this is a common refrain from the left.

I love this mindset.  Clinton was exposed as having a public position and a 'private' position on any number of important issues.  The left was fine with that.  I brought this up to a friend who supported Hillary and he defended this nonsense.  Now the left is accusing Trump of having more than one position on something, and they're outraged!  You just can't make this up, LOL!

5 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Not to pick on you, this is a common refrain from the left.

I love this mindset.  Clinton was exposed as having a public position and a 'private' position on any number of important issues.  The left was fine with that.  I brought this up to a friend who supported Hillary and he defended this nonsense.  Now the left is accusing Trump of having more than one position on something, and they're outraged!  You just can't make this up, LOL!

Her 'public stance' due to dealing with the enemy: something we all wouldn't 'understand'....being stupid plebs.

On 2016-11-12 at 10:26 AM, Argus said:

Why would I not dislike him? Everything I've seen of the man says he's been a venal, arrogant, bullying prick his entire life, that he's ignorant, incompetent and dishonest, with a lousy work ethic. Why would I approve of any of that? Why do you?

Because sometimes it takes a prick to do the thing that needs to be done.

47 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

Gingrich says Bannon isn't anti-Semitic because he worked in finance.

Oh my God, is this for real?? :lol:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5829d117e4b02d21bbc99315

No problem, he will fit right in on team Trump

“I want to thank my Jewish daughter. I have a Jewish daughter…This wasn’t in the plan but I’m very glad it happened.”“I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money …Look, I’m a negotiator like you folks, we’re negotiators.”

Edited by ?Impact

2 hours ago, BC_chick said:

...He is starting off with a massive deportation.

Good, because that is his job as president.   Obama has deported more illegals than any president in history.   Obama has deported more people than all the U.S. presidents of the 20th century.   Deporting illegals has widespread support.   All illegals should be deported...no exceptions.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661