Rape By Migrants Isn't As Bad.

betsy

If it's meant to be secular.....why is God invoked? He's still being invoked!

IN GOD WE TRUST, is the official motto of the USA.

Our own national anthem also invokes God. It prays to God....

God keep our land glorious and free!

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/o-canada/

As you can see....it's undoubtedly Christian-based.

I agree with you because of historic reasons as to who the founding fathers were of both countries were. Clearly Canada and the US like all of Europe were at one point Christian states with direct relations between Christianity and the government structure and traditions.

That is fact. I am surprised anyone would challenge it. The very basis of our laws is based on the Judeo-Christian laws, specifically the 10 commandments.

So you are ok with those countries forbidding education to girls, mutilation of clitoris, teenage weddings/pregnancies, etc? We don't think we should try and promote human rights for women in 'those countries'?

I don't totally agree with much of what Betsy says but you have to be kidding. Have you read her posts? She's a classic Christian conservative. You really want to twist that to mean the above. That's no different than me saying you support Muslim terrorism and extremism because you don't want all Muslims smeered because of extremist ones.

I think with due respect the debate we are engaged in is over:

1-what values do we want in Canada

2-is it realistic to think we can accommodate certain values of new Canadians or any Canadians that

conflict with basic fundamental values our democracy was created to uphold.

Political propriety has gotten to the point that people who argue political correctness are the new puritans censoring free speech and thought and demanding everyone conform to this ideology that defends intolerance and discriminatory views as long as those bigots are defined as allowed to be bigots by trendy leftists as the cause of the day.

Extremism is extremism and if someone is Muslim and extremist I call call him exactly that and challenge any of his or her religious values that clash with basic democratic values.

Edited by Rue

I don't totally agree with much of what Betsy says but you have to be kidding. Have you read her posts? She's a classic Christian conservative. You really want to twist that to mean the above.

I'm not twisting anything. I'm asking about her views on 'feminists' interfering in other countries cultures.

Btw, you're not speaking for all Muslims, either!

I am neither a Muslim or speaking for Muslims.

I am for humanity and its evolution. I recognize there are hiccups on the road and those who are afraid of change and evolution.

Why not, instead of fearing the unknown, learn about it? We should get past these petty fears of one another and come together so we can start concentrating more on exploring our universe.

I am not anti-immigration, nor am I anti-Muslim.

So you are okay with allowing Syrian and other Middle Eastern Muslim refugees to come into Canada and U.S.? If you are okay with that, then I am wrong and you are not anti-immigration and anti-Muslim.

What's happening in Europe - open borders with hardly any checks - should not happen here! That's for the good of everyone in Canada - including Canadian Muslims who want to live in peace.

Your fears and concerns are misplaced.

In 2016, so far there have been over 7600 people killed from gun violence in the U.S.

Since 1995, there have been just over 3200 people killed from terrorism in the U.S. This includes the 3000 on September 11th.

I'm anti-multiculturalism! It doesn't work. Immigrants must assimilate with the host nation.

Assimilate to what? Did the British and French assimilate to North America when they first started their migration on this land 200 years ago? What about the Irish, Italians and Jews who migrated to North America around a 100 years ago. How did the part of the general public feel about these new immigrants moving to Canada? I think you'd be surprised how, if you had a look at our history.

Now we have an acceleration of immigration from the Philippines, India, China and the Middle East.

Don't worry, we will look back at this in 100 years and shake our heads at the people who were so afraid of those different people. Hopefully we will have better stories to focus on, like exploring new planets.

Every time an Islamic terrorist attack happens, the peaceful Muslims here are taking the brunt from distrustful citizens, whether you want to recognize that fact, or not.

The distrustful and fearful citizens will slowly be phased out due to evolution.

Why do you think there are Muslims who support Trump?

Because there are some strange people out there, like Israeli Neo-Nazis. It also speaks to the huge diversity of Muslims.

I'm not twisting anything. I'm asking about her views on 'feminists' interfering in other countries cultures.

You used these words:

"So you are ok with those countries forbidding education to girls, mutilation of clitoris, teenage weddings/pregnancies, etc? We don't think we should try and promote human rights for women in 'those countries'?"

Putting a question mark at the end of it doesn't change what you were doing.

I don't agree with her at all on her take on feminism or many of the things she says but your attempt to put words in her mouth or anyone's mouth is

the issue I challenge. You didn' t ask what her position on the above was, you assumed what it was, told her, then put a question mark on it and you know you did. Its smarmy.

Just challenge the words-trying to reinvent the words to say something else is smeer tactics. We have enough of it on the forum. You are better than that.

Challenge her words directly. I only ask this because I've had the same stunt thrown at me telling me what I think.

Israeli neo nazis

You don't represent Christians or white Christians.

There are many Christians who disagree with your anti-Muslim and anti-immigration beliefs -- Like this large group in the United States:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuGxOE0Vy1g

She never said she did but you on the other hand have come on this board claiming to be speaking for all Muslims but refusing to admit you are

a Muslim so your comments above are a joke.

So are your further responses trying to hijack this thread, change the topic, and use it to piss on Israel for existing and engaging in the usual

name calling.

I am neither a Muslim or speaking for Muslims.

Who cares what you are, or what you're not!

You say I don't speak for all whites.....well compadre, you're not speaking for all Muslims either! Don't you get that message?

There are Muslims who agree with, and support Trump!

Edited by betsy

There are Muslims who agree with, and support Trump!

What's your point? There are stupid people in all ethnic and religious groups.

They found one Muslim guy to give a speech at the RNC and guess what happened? Some guy shouted "No Islam!" while he was giving his 2 minutes gibberish. The speaker is the founder of "American Muslims for Trump".

Check the awkward moment at the RNC (love the comments below the video)

Donald Trump’s leading Muslim supporter may be an army of one

A closed Facebook group called “American Muslims for Trump” boasts two members, neither of which are Tarar. There is also a separate Facebook community page titled “Muslims for Trump,” which has been “liked” by 581 people but names no specific creator.

Congrats, there are 581 likes for a group called Muslims for Trump.

What's your point?

My Point? You didn't get the point? :D

There are stupid people in all ethnic and religious groups.

Well? You're the one who's missing the point.....

Go back and read what you've said....the one to which I'd responded that you don't speak for all Muslims either!

Edited by betsy

They found one Muslim guy to give a speech at the RNC and guess what happened? Some guy shouted "No Islam!" while he was giving his 2 minutes gibberish. The speaker is the founder of "American Muslims for Trump".

Check the awkward moment at the RNC (love the comments below the video)

Donald Trump’s leading Muslim supporter may be an army of one

A closed Facebook group called “American Muslims for Trump” boasts two members, neither of which are Tarar. There is also a separate Facebook community page titled “Muslims for Trump,” which has been “liked” by 581 people but names no specific creator. There is also a separate Facebook community page titled “Muslims for Trump,” which has been “liked” by 581 people but names no specific creator.

:rolleyes:

Who relies solely on facebook? And likes???? :D Oh how petty and so juvenile that is.

Anyway.....even if there is only one Muslim who'll vote for Trump - that still means you're not speaking for ALL Muslims!

About 7.5 percent of those surveyed said they support Trump—though that trails far behind Hillary Clinton (52 percent) and Bernie Sanders (22 percent).

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/muslim-voters-2016/458691/

Trump is more in line with Muslim beliefs, Marcus.....don't underestimate that. A lot fo Muslim beliefs are contradictory with the Dems: same-sex marriage, abortion, pre-marital sex, feminism......

This U.S. Muslim leader wants you to vote for Trump

Considering that Donald Trump has called for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims" entering the United States, it's hard to imagine many Muslim Americans are ready to vote for him.

Saba Ahmed is trying to change that.

Ahmed is a Pakistani American lawyer and the founder of the Republican Muslim Coalition, an advocacy and lobbying group. She was a registered Democrat until 2011. One of the reasons she switched parties? Islamic values are better represented by the GOP, she says.

"We're very much pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, (pro-) traditional family values, pro-business, pro-trade," she says. "Islamic values are very much the conservative principles."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/18/us-muslim-leader-wants-you-vote-trump/84529180/

Just like Hispanics, I don't think Muslims are going to volunteer their political views. I don't think they'll likely come out in public support for Trump. Muslims who support Trump will likely be silent.

Edited by betsy

Obama foreign policy has generated chaos around the world and fueled Islamic terrorism and I believe Clinton will just continue it.

Then again I think Trump is a nut case. I think he engages in the lowest form of politics, pointing out what is wrong but unable to explain

what he would do. He has no vision. His entire campaign is based on stating negatives, blaming immigrants and Muslims for the world's problems and appealing to base ignorance and hatred and fear. Its a bad choice for Americans but its their business to resolve

I also find it amusing people like Marcus who come on this board defending Muslims from what he believes are negative generalizations engages in them all the time with Jews, Israelis, Zionists, Americans. There is a blatant contradiction on many of these people on this forum who protest against unfair generalizations against Islam then in the next sentence engage in the same tactic with Americans, Jews, Christians, the West.

All that said I concede again one point, not all Muslims are in favour of this rampant terrorism that grips their people and its killing more Muslims than non Muslims. However this crap we can't challenge Muslim terrorism because it automatically means we stereotype Muslims is just that.

Muslim ideology that takes Islam and interprets it to justify hatred, intolerance, attacks against the innocent, that is the scurge spreading and has to be stopped.

I think The West has failed to find coalition partners n the Islamic world. I believe the Obama policy of allying with the Muslim Brotherhood was a disaster. Morsi and Erdogan have been exposed for what they are fascists. The Musklim Brotherhood government in Sudan is guilty of genocide.

This sucking up to Saudi Arabia by the US when Saudi Arabia was fueling terrorism and the terrorism that ledt to 9-11 speaks for itself as is the disasterous attempt now to suck up to Iran.

Both Iran and Saudi Arabia are equally as supportive of terrorism, responsible for financing it and should be condemned by the entire world.

However that won't happen. Their oil speaks loudly and replaces any humane concerns.

Edited by Rue

Here it comes now:

Sweden and Denmark crack down on refugees at borders

Sweden and Denmark have moved to drastically reduce inward refugee flows, as Scandinavian countries compete with each other to shed their reputations as havens for asylum seekers.Passengers who fail to present a satisfactory document will be turned back.

“The government now considers that the current situation, with a large number of people entering the country in a relatively short time, poses a serious threat to public order and national security,” the government said in a statement accompanying legislation enabling the border controls.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/03/sweden-to-impose-id-checks-on-travellers-from-denmark

I suppose the UN will want to find another place for those that were turned away from the borders.

Canada must be all too eager to put out the welcome mat - to score points with the UN.....to gain that pat on the back.......get those compliments......so we can smugly smile...... and crow.......and feeeeel goooood about ourselves.

Edited by betsy

So where are Trudeau and McCallum now.? They don't seem to be taking photo ops with Syrian refugees anymore.

McCallum is probably passed out somewhere and Justin? Moved on. Many more photo ops with props to go, the Syrians

were the topic de jours for what two days? What crap. Now when they need funding, where's the fed government, no

where around as cities and provinces deal with people who don't speak English, have no transferable work skills,

have children with serious adjustment issues not to mention their own mental illnesses or physical illnesses and who

will be looking after these people as they can't flourish in Canada?

Where will Justin be in a few years when one of the refuge kids has hit puberty, found a gun and shoots at people for

being angry at being in Canada and not being given his slice of utopia?

Look at the bull crap Trudeau pulled. Come to Canada, we wil be there with hugs and winter coats for photo ops-not even

days later, they are yesterday's news and the social adjustment problems for city and provincial welfare and/or schools

to deal with. He exploited refugees to get elected.

That makes him in my books a piece of crap.

The media is complicit with it's silence and coverup of what is happening. A priest was executed yesterday in France by ISIS along with a hostage situation which has been resolved. The assaults and attacks are almost daily, if the politicians don't do something soon I predict a civil war, or close to it. People won't continue taking this inaction.

The media is complicit with it's silence and coverup of what is happening. A priest was executed yesterday in France by ISIS along with a hostage situation which has been resolved. The assaults and attacks are almost daily, if the politicians don't do something soon I predict a civil war, or close to it. People won't continue taking this inaction.

Stop making it sound like this wasn't all pointed out to you folks 15 years or more ago - back when right-wing conservatives were complicit in cheering for the policies that would create the world we're in.

• Like 1

This topic title is offensive and the discussion has moved on from 'rape by migrants'.

Perhaps time for a new thread?

Jmo :)

If you find the title offensive, skip it! Learn to exercise your right.

You're not here to discuss. So......what are you doing in here?

Edited by betsy

This topic title is offensive and the discussion has moved on from 'rape by migrants'.

Perhaps time for a new thread?

Jmo :)

The topic title is appropriate, given the article it quotes, although the sentiment is certainly offensive to rape victims.

Edited by bcsapper

Stop making it sound like this wasn't all pointed out to you folks 15 years or more ago - back when right-wing conservatives were complicit in cheering for the policies that would create the world we're in.

I would imagine a lot of the people being sexually assaulted were only little kids back then, with limited say in western foreign policy. Stll, the Priest was 85, so he has no reason to complain. He should have seen it coming.

Edited by bcsapper

When did you ever, anyway? No surprise there. :D

Hang in there, Betsy. Most people can never get any point that is being pointed out to them anyway. Sometimes I think that banging ones head against the wall would be more fun than trying to get ones point across to them. I think that they call them liberals, if I am not mistaken. :D

Jacee I am siding with. It happens. No I am not on drugs today. The thread was poorly worded. The fact is no rape of any kind, no sexual assault of any kind by anyone is acceptable and it doesn't matter who does it, it is a criminal offence and it is indicative of an act of physical power imbalance.

Its causes are many. It has in Europe been associated with a minority of Muslims and thud like terrorism from a minority of Muslims is

raising temperatures across the world as Europe and North America, let alone Asia and Africa watch as violence related to Islamic beliefs hit the headlines.

It does whether we like it or not lump all Muslims as bad just as the handful of anti Israelis on this board like to smeer all Israelis or some trendy leftists like to smeer and blame things on conservatives or Christians right Eye?

The fact is on political forums people smeer and make generalizations and think its acceptable as long as the people they generalize and smeer are people they think they don't agree with.

Me. Jacee, never met a human I liked. Hate em all. You know as a father I do not want you or any woman afraid to walk the streets and I do not give

a damn whether its Muslims or anyone else, any man as we all know given the right conditions, stressors, genetic make up, is capable.

There is a fine line between the primal inherent nature in all of us.

I do not agree with anyone for any reason embracing violence or terrorism, period.

As for the killing of the Priest its a deliberate attempt to incite Christians by these pathetic Daesh. Calling this act and others by Daesh unrelated to Islam is pointless. Blaminga all Muslims is also pointless. Muslims are as much a target of these aholes.

Jacee I am siding with. It happens. No I am not on drugs today. The thread was poorly worded. The fact is no rape of any kind, no sexual assault of any kind by anyone is acceptable and it doesn't matter who does it, it is a criminal offence and it is indicative of an act of physical power imbalance.

I think that was the entire point.