America under President Trump

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

People keep talking about the Jan 6th death toll, so here is the comparison:

Citizens killed by police during 3 years of BLM rioting: 0

Citizens killed by police in 3 hours on Jan 6: 1

Innocent people/cops murdered by BLM in 2020: 25* 

Innocent people/cops murdered by Capitol Hill rioters: 1**

* that's just 2020. There were a lot of people who were killed or scalped, etc, in 2014 thru 2016 but it wasn't popular to track that number so we have to guess now. It was a lot.

Where do you get your statistics from? I checked out the FBI website, and there were 54 Police Officers killed in the line of duty by felonious acts in 2018, and an average of 50 officers murdered annually for the past decade. I would bet my life savings that not even 10% of those murders were politically motivated by Black Lives Matters activists. 

source: https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2018-statistics-on-law-enforcement-officers-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

Additionally, there were people killed by Police during Black Lives Matter demonstrations. 25 people were killed during politically charged violence in 2020. Most were killed during battle between BLM activists and pro-Trump militia, so they can hardly be called "innocent." When a person goes to a Black Lives Matter protest armed, with the intention of disrupting it dies, that is hardly an "innocent" person. Your claim that 0 people died during BLM protests/rioting by Police is false, as a man from Las Vegas was killed by Police in June, so while I do not have the exact numbers, it is certainly not zero. 

source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

Edited by Petros

17 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Citizens killed by police during 3 years of BLM rioting: 0

Citizens killed by police in 3 hours on Jan 6: 1

Ya know, if the cops killed 1 person during every 3 hours of rioting during 2014-2017 and in 2020 there would be 10,000+ deaths? 

And just remember that the BLM police watched over 7 sq blocks of America for 3 weeks and killed a black kid, and cleared the scene of evidence. There are almost 1M cops in the US. Easily 10,000 x as many as there were BLM police. Do the math.... If 10,000 x as many regular cops killed black kids at the same rate that would be 10K every 3 weeks, or 3,333 kids per week. That's 50,000 kids per year. It literally would be a genocide. So I ask you, was BLM committing genocide against black kids?

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Ya know, if the cops killed 1 person during every 3 hours of rioting during 2014-2017 and in 2020 there would be 10,000+ deaths? 

And just remember that the BLM police watched over 7 sq blocks of America for 3 weeks and killed a black kid, and cleared the scene of evidence. There are almost 1M cops in the US. Easily 10,000 x as many as there were BLM police. Do the math.... If 10,000 x as many regular cops killed black kids at the same rate that would be 10K every 3 weeks, or 3,333 kids per week. That's 50,000 kids per year. It literally would be a genocide. So I ask you, was BLM committing genocide against black kids?

Except the logical fallacy to your argument, is that there have not been continuous riots for the past 3 years. There have mainly been sporadic, low-scale riots throughout 2020. In fact, the overwhelming majority of the protests have been peaceful, with no criminal activity.  There have been no large-scale riots, like what happened in Los Angeles in 1992, or when MLK was assassinated in 1968.

Edited by Petros

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Aside from the fact that they supported rioting, looting, arson and murder.

If they didn't support it then they would have been irate at Barack and the Dems, and at CNN, for supporting the rioting, looting, arson and murder.

Fox News and conservatives didn't support that rioting at all

Where can you find examples of people supporting it? (You know I'm being sarcastic when I say that the Jan 6 riot was 'mostly peaceful', right?)

It was an embarrassment to conservatives. Trump roundly condemned the violence twice within 24 hours. If Obama condemned rioters at the same rate he'd have done it about 1,800 times. He didn't do that one single time. Fox News also roundly condemned the rioters constantly. Did CNN do that at all in 2014, 2015, 2016 or 2020? No, not once. If you can't spot the glaring differences then you are a total idiot.

In case you forgot - members of the GOP didn't start bailing out rioters the next day. They didn't paint "Capitol Hill Rioters Rule" on the main streets of cities. They weren't on TV during the riots saying "Stay angry. Focus your anger. Never let anyone tell you to stop being angry" or "The riots will not stop. They SHOULD NOT stop!".

Your opinion is a joke sap. Your head is so deep in the sand you can hear footsteps in China. 

So nothing but opinion then?  Well, you're entitled to it, no matter how puerile.  Far be it from me to deny such.

4 minutes ago, Petros said:

Where do you get your statistics from? I checked out the FBI website, and there were 54 Police Officers killed in the line of duty by felonious acts in 2018, and an average of 50 officers murdered annually for the past decade. I would bet my life savings that not even 10% of those murders were politically motivated by Black Lives Matters activists. 

source: https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2018-statistics-on-law-enforcement-officers-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

When I said  "Innocent people/cops killed" that doesn't just mean "cops killed". 

Additionally, there were people killed by Police during Black Lives Matter demonstrations. 25 people were killed during politically charged violence in 2020.

There were 17 by June 6th, I heard 25, I will look further: https://www.foxnews.com/us/deadly-unrest-people-have-died-amid-george-floyd-protests-across-us .

Over 2,000 cops injured "not merely "assaulted". https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-chief-officers-injured-riots

Most were killed during battle between BLM activists and pro-Trump militia, but there were protesters killed by Police.  Your claim that 0 people died during BLM protests/rioting is false, as a man from Las Vegas was killed by Police in June, so while I do not have the exact numbers, it is certainly not zero. 

source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

OMG your article is shit dude. I know the web is rife with crap but there's no reason for citing a source like that.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

So nothing but opinion then?  Well, you're entitled to it, no matter how puerile.  Far be it from me to deny such.

You saw the list of direct actions that the Dems took to show their support for rioting. Stop playing stupid. It gets old.

Edited by WestCanMan

Just now, WestCanMan said:

You saw the list of direct actions that the Dems took to show their support for rioting. Stop playing stupid. It gets old.

What's stupid is the idea that one can make statements about half the population of the US without any evidence and not get called on it.

Calling people on it never gets old.

11 minutes ago, Petros said:

Except the logical fallacy to your argument, is that there have not been continuous riots for the past 3 years. There have mainly been sporadic riots throughout 2020. In fact, the overwhelming majority of the protests have been peaceful, with no criminal activity.  There have been no large-scale riots, like what happened in Los Angeles in 1992, or when MLK was assassinated in 1968.

Mid 2014 thru Jan 2017 plus 4 months of 2020 is not "continuous riots for the past 3 years" lol.

Do you know how many times I've typed "Mid 2014 thru Jan 2017 plus 4 months of 2020" or some very similar variation of that in my past 10 posts? 

Are you high? Have you been sniffing some Petrol?

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

What's stupid is the idea that one can make statements about half the population of the US without any evidence and not get called on it.

I asked you, what was Obama's popularity when he left office after supporting BLM for almost 3 years. 

If Trump had supported rioting for that long he would have ZEEEEroooooooo support. Like, maybe 5,000 people in the whole country.

Conservatives don't support rioting. At all. Go find some evidence of support for riots if you don't believe me. Or even evidence of failing to condemn rioting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I asked you, what was Obama's popularity when he left office after supporting BLM for almost 3 years. 

If Trump had supported rioting for that long he would have ZEEEEroooooooo support. Like, maybe 5,000 people in the whole country.

Conservatives don't support rioting. At all. Go find some evidence of support for riots if you don't believe me. Or even evidence of failing to condemn rioting. 

Do you get paid by the letter?  You type line upon line without actually saying anything.  You still haven't responded sensibly to my first post in this conversation.

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Mid 2014 thru Jan 2017 plus 4 months of 2020 is not "continuous riots for the past 3 years" lol.

Do you know how many times I've typed "Mid 2014 thru Jan 2017 plus 4 months of 2020" or some very similar variation of that in my past 10 posts? 

Are you high? Have you been sniffing some Petrol?

BTW, there we not continuous riots "mid 2014 through January 2017." You keep moving the goalposts. The reader will be under the assumption that you are implying that there were continuous riots for 3 years.

You are deliberately being obtuse.

"Ya know, if the cops killed 1 person during every 3 hours of rioting during 2014-2017 and in 2020 there would be 10,000+ deaths? "

Hypothetically, even if there were continuous riots from mid 2014 to January 2017 (which there never were), and for four months in 2020, we would be talking about 35 month at the absolute max:

1 person for every 3 hours = 8 people a day x 30.5 days per month x 35 months =

8,540 people.

Last time I checked, 8,540 people was not "over 10,000 deaths."

Complete Grade 7 math, and get back to me. :)

Edited by Petros

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Approval ratings when leaving office:

Barack Obama: 54.8%

Donald Trump: 38.6%

source: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Edited by Petros

2 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Trump is gone and he's not coming back. Some people seem to take this whole issue extremely personally as if their own lives were dependant on who is the President of the USA. 

Decisions the US President do directly affect Canadians. America sneezes...we catch a cold. Less so in Finland perhaps...you have a different LARGE neighbor. 

14 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Trump is gone and he's not coming back. Some people seem to take this whole issue extremely personally as if their own lives were dependant on who is the President of the USA.

A lot of people seem to have seen something in Trump they really, really hoped was real, but never was. They wanted a straight talking guy who would address the longstanding grievances and issues that were ignored by the 'coastal elites' and ignore all the corrupt lobbying and insider deal making. A guy who was like them, not some highly educated snob who looked down at them because they didn't have the proper, politically correct values. They wanted it so badly they made themselves believe Trump was that guy.

Only he never was. He was a fraud artist, a con man, a liar born with a silver spoon in his mouth who figured there was a sucker born every minute and he could profit by taking advantage of them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Apparently you also feel like being wrong never gets old. 
whatever blows your hair back sap

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Apparently you also feel like being wrong never gets old. 
whatever blows your hair back sap

You got me there.  I wouldn't know.

I bow to your experience on that one.

19 hours ago, Petros said:

BTW, there we not continuous riots "mid 2014 through January 2017." You keep moving the goalposts. The reader will be under the assumption that you are implying that there were continuous riots for 3 years.

You are deliberately being obtuse.

Hypothetically, even if there were continuous riots from mid 2014 to January 2017 (which there never were), and for four months in 2020, we would be talking about 35 month at the absolute max:

1 person for every 3 hours = 8 people a day x 30.5 days per month x 35 months =

8,540 people.

Last time I checked, 8,540 people was not "over 10,000 deaths."

Complete Grade 7 math, and get back to me. :)

Lmao. Math isn’t your friend. 

FYI all of the Jan 6 rioting was in a small space with a few hundred people. 

The 2014-2017 and 2020 riots were in multiple cities at the same time, covering several square blocks. 
The magnitude of the events completely escapes you. 

Shocker

Approval ratings when leaving office:

Barack Obama: 54.8%

Donald Trump: 38.6%

source: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

So after years of supporting riots, Obama was still popular with over 50% of Americans- basically all the dems. 

Get it now?

And Fox News is better? 

1,000 x better. Are you daft?

Watch Greg Gutfeld on the Five or his Saturday night show and try to tell me that he’s not 1,000 x smarter than Maddow, Cooper, O’Donnell, Lemon and Stelter combined.

They have brilliant guests like D’Souza and Shapiro. CNN has ‘experts’ like Thunberg and comey. 

Don’t be afraid of facts Petros. Be afraid of your own ignorance