America under President Trump

I wonder how much I would have to pay my physician to say I was in excellent health if I had a BMI of 30 which is defined as obese for everyone else. A BP of 122 over 74 is a little high, not something I would worry excessively over but to call it excellent is a bit of a stretch as well. The total cholesterol of 223 is fairly meaningless by itself, it sounds high but as a single number quoting it provides zero information - what else are they hiding?

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I wonder how much I would have to pay my physician to say I was in excellent health if I had a BMI of 30 which is defined as obese for everyone else. A BP of 122 over 74 is a little high, not something I would worry excessively over but to call it excellent is a bit of a stretch as well. The total cholesterol of 223 is fairly meaningless by itself, it sounds high but as a single number quoting it provides zero information - what else are they hiding?

No, he is overweight and borderline obese level I for his height and weight.   BP is good for his age. 

Remember, Trump is "high energy", unlike the much younger Jeb Bush.

Hillary Clinton is/was is worse health.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

I guess what is being pointed out here is that the Western countries of the world are far more advanced in technology and progress and civility than all of those African countries put together. It just shows that the Caucasian people can be considered superior to the African people. I know that this will offend and hurt some of the snowflake liberals here but the truth is the truth. I know that this is a bit off topic but I just thought that I would throw that in just for you. 

Well, I posted the truth about Russia and you just walked away from it without acknowledging it and then posted this tidbit, I assume because you were embarrassed.  I guess you're welcome for me teaching you what rate means.  Hint: "The higher the population of a country the likely hood is that the murder rate will be higher" doesn't describe what rate means.

The more insecure you feel about yourself,  the more you seem to act out by posting racist bullshit like 'Caucasian people are superior' etc. etc.  You should focus on improving yourself rather than trying to pull yourself up by casting racist aspersions.  I actually feel bad for you, and others who buy into these themes, as they are clearly feeling bad and looking for a way to feel better.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, I posted the truth about Russia and you just walked away from it without acknowledging it and then posted this tidbit, I assume because you were embarrassed.  I guess you're welcome for me teaching you what rate means.  Hint: "The higher the population of a country the likely hood is that the murder rate will be higher" doesn't describe what rate means.

Far be it from me to speak for someone else, but the rate doesn't go up linearly as population increases for a number of factors. For example with higher populations you get organized crime, gang warfare turf wars, black market economy and is not in direct proportion to smaller towns. More people, more animosity, more folk who exhibit antisocial behaviours. These factors change the rate as population increases.

Having said that, a different problem exists in applying the rate to small towns. Consider a city that has 130k people. If there are 4 murders a year, the rate is 1 murder per 32500. If it were Toronto, that rate would equate to 100 murders/year, about double the rate for Toronto, I think. For a smaller town, 1500 people, 1 murder a year is 1/1500. The rate looks like it's very high. This happens because when the population is low, every single murder represents a larger percentage. Based on this statistic alone it could be the highest murder rate per capita in Canada. But it is still only low total number.

Edited by OftenWrong
clarity

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Far be it from me to speak for someone else, but the rate doesn't go up linearly as population increases for a number of factors. For example with higher populations you get organized crime, gang warfare turf wars, black market economy and is not in direct proportion to smaller towns. More people, more animosity, more folk who exhibit antisocial behaviours. These factors change the rate as population increases.

I don't think anybody ascertained what the relationship is, or posited on that.  From what I could tell, the person I was discussing with didn't understand what was being stated.

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Having aid that, a different problem exists applying the rate to small towns. My city has 130k people. If there are 4 murders a year, the rate is 1 murder per 32500. If it were Toronto, that would equate to 100 murders/year, about double the rate. Because when the population is low, every single murder represents a larger percentage. Based on this statistica alone it could be the highest murder rate per capita in Canada. But it is still only 4 murders. Numbers...

Cities out west like Regina consistently have a higher rate of violence than Toronto.  Maybe this needs a hew thread to discuss.

This weeks proves why US Politics is a great spectator sport even issues of completely domestic matters that don't effect the RotW. 

On Friday the government runs out of money, they need a Funding Bill. You'd think that'd be easy since the GOP controls the House, Senate and White House. 

But there are a few dozen congressmen that make up the "Freedom Caucus". (Remember the Tea Party?) Seems they don't want any increased spending at all. So the GOP need Democrat help to get the spending bill passed. The Democrats want any co-operation tied to DACA. DACA is very popular nationally so it's odd why the GOP just doesn't make it law. It seems they're greedy, they want any DACA legalization tied to funding for this stupid border wall. 

What I find funny is the Republicans think including funding for the Wall is the compromise. NO! The compromise is DACA, the GOP should be able to vote for wall funding on their own, the control all houses.They need to give the Dems something for there support, why should the Dems have to give them anything? They're not in power.  But of course their party is so split they can't agree on most things (See Healthcare).

Imagine if JT couldn't get members of his caucus to vote for the budget? There'd be a new election as he'd have lost the confidence of the House. Shows how different the two countries take on politics are. 

Edited by Boges
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

This weeks proves why US Politics is a great spectator sport even issues of completely domestic matters that don't effect the RotW. 

On Friday the government runs out of money, they need a Funding Bill. You'd think that'd be easy since the GOP controls the House, Senate and White House.

The RotW has already seen this movie many times...and must be easily entertained by anything American, even continuing resolutions (budget).

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The RotW has already seen this movie many times...and must be easily entertained by anything American, even continuing resolutions (budget).

I remember it happened in October 2013. But the Democrats didn't control everything. So compromise was essential then. 

The Democrats can't really be accused of obstruction when the GOP control everything. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I remember it happened in October 2013. But the Democrats didn't control everything. So compromise was essential then. 

The Democrats can't really be accused of obstruction when the GOP control everything. 

The GOP does not control everything....it's not like a party caucus in Parliament.   Many senators and congresspersons want something for their vote and political agenda.

It is not any different just because Trump is president.

Remember, Obama still had not passed the ACA by this time in 2010, despite Democrats "controlling everything".

It seems Trump enjoys stirring the pot. He sure must have known the reaction which would follow after the shithole-comment and he enjoys watching self-righteous snobs being so angry that their heads almost explode.

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

It seems Trump enjoys stirring the pot. He sure must have known the reaction which would follow after the shithole-comment and he enjoys watching self-righteous snobs being so angry that their heads almost explode.

Perhaps, but then he would have said it in a public forum and not have people deny he said it. He's pretty thin skinned when he gets bad press. 

23 hours ago, ?Impact said:

You take "Western voices world news" as truth? I guess critical thinking is something you missed.

Well, I could also say that it would appear to me many times that you are getting your news from sources that I would call fake or lying or unreliable news sources. Did you even bother to take the time to at least read what the Western Voices had written? Obviously not, otherwise you would not have come back with such a silly reply. There was nothing in that report that should give anyone a reason to believe that what was said is anywhere near fake or unreliable. It pretty much told the truth as it is something liberals seem to have a problem with. 

To know one side of the story is to know nothing at all. Gee, it looks like that old saying can be applied to you, liberal. 

"Critical thinking" my butt. :D

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The more insecure you feel about yourself,  the more you seem to act out by posting racist bullshit like 'Caucasian people are superior' etc. etc.  You should focus on improving yourself rather than trying to pull yourself up by casting racist aspersions.  I actually feel bad for you, and others who buy into these themes, as they are clearly feeling bad and looking for a way to feel better.  

What truth about Russia? Where and what was in it? Show me one more time. No one can embarrass anyone who tells it like it is. Report: The murder rate in some countries is higher than others. Seems clear enough to anyone who would read that and have no problem understanding what is being said. You just want to make a small deal into a big deal to try and appear funny and smart. I guess that you being one of those people that finished university thinks that they now know all. I have news for you. There are many people who have graduated from university who have shown themselves that they have as much intelligence as a carrot. Just try and get the picture for a change. Quit with the bull. 

Well, what other race can you say is superior? It is quite obvious that if you took a look inside and around your home you should have noticed and realized by now that just about everything in and out side is Caucasian made. You know that and so do I. You refuse to admit it. I do admit it. But you just want to make it appear as though this is a racist rant when you know it is far from the truth. There is nothing wrong with saying it has it is. You appear to be one of those liberal social justice warriors who have a problem with sucking up the truth. But I guess that is just you and always will be you. Suck it up, buttercup. 

No need to worry about me, I will be alright. I got this far in life without your assistance and I think that I will make it the rest of the way without your help. But you, that I am not sure about. You seem to enjoy getting yourself all fired up over sillyness. 

PS: I am very focused on myself and I am trying to improve my understanding as to how the world really works. The truth is always the victim from the liars who peddle their lies and bull chit. If telling it like it is, and being called a racist for doing so, than so be it. At least I try, you appear not to. Just saying. 

• Haha 1

Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Neilson is questioned by Senate committee about the "strong language" the President used. She hummed and hawed but couldn't remember any of it... and now the clincher. She is asked about the President's preference for immigration from Norway. She is asked by one of the Senators "Norway is a predominantly white country, isn't it". Her answer: "I'm... I..... ehhh... I actually do not know that sir but I imagine that is the case".

If you didn't get it, go back to her name, did you notice that silent 'j' in it?

I hope you get a lifetime supply of shovels if you are part of the Trump administration.

13 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Neilson is questioned by Senate committee about the "strong language" the President used. She hummed and hawed but couldn't remember any of it... and now the clincher. She is asked about the President's preference for immigration from Norway. She is asked by one of the Senators "Norway is a predominantly white country, isn't it". Her answer: "I'm... I..... ehhh... I actually do not know that sir but I imagine that is the case".

If you didn't get it, go back to her name, did you notice that silent 'j' in it?

I hope you get a lifetime supply of shovels if you are part of the Trump administration.

Corey Broker FTW. 

If Haiti is such a shithole, why is everyone denying Trump said it? 

From the Fusion GPS transcripts leaked last week, and finally officially released today:

There were a lot of real estate deals where you couldn’t really tell who was buying the property, and sometimes properties would be bought and sold, and they would be bought for one price and sold for a loss shortly thereafter, and it really didn’t make sense to us.”

No, that is not suggestive of money laundering. Just because Russian nationals were involved in many of the deals is pure coincidence.

Like most men his age he does appear to have some coronary artery disease, albeit sub-clinical, so I'm not sure how 'excellent' that is. His doctor should have increased his statin to get the LDL at least below 100 mg/dl in US units and preferably below 70. The weight should come down too. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/us/politics/trump-physical-heart-health-cholesterol.html

It sounds like Trump hasn't spent a lot of time with his physicians. If he has then there's been a failure in implementing optimal management. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland