America under President Trump

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It doesn't matter what you are looking for...you are in Trudeau's impotent Canada.

Anyone else hasn't done the job so far...not Clinton...not Bush...not Obama....and certainly not Trudeau.

And about all Trump has done about anything so far is sign meaningless exec. orders. But he does seem to enjoy having the camera on him as he flails away with his exec. pen and then shows off his paperwork which will likely never see the light of day once it hits congress. And then of course there are the midterms looming. I hope Tillerson and Kelly don't walk away.

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You do care after all.  That's great.  I care too.

Oh sure, I would like to see sensible and peaceful resolutions to the issues of the day. I'm just a tad worried Trump isn't headed that direction. I don't like the "fire and fury" approach.I've been places where I've seen what that looks like.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You failed to address the larger point I made about media distraction and too much talk about irrelevant things.

Your larger point is ridiculous because it's predicated on your stupid right-wing notions about the distract-ability of lefties.

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Nice easy media distraction that keeps liberals talking about useless things, time wasters.

Considering how easily Trumps supporters are distracted by the media?  Whatever you say Chief.   I don't think it's possible to watch Faux News for more than a few minutes without hearing "But, but, but Obama or Clinton..." thrown into the reportage.

President Trump's executives orders and memos are no more numerous or less effective than President Obama's....like the one that would close 'Gitmo within one year....remember that one ?

https://qz.com/899741/how-many-executive-orders-has-donald-trump-signed-compared-to-barack-obama/

Some people have very short cross border memories.

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Some people have very short cross border memories.

Mine only goes back a half century or so, but I can not think of the US EVER having a President who let the whole world know nearly 100% of what he was thinking - rightly or wrongly.

What I find so refreshing is that Trump's ego is so huge he seldom let's any handler censor his thoughts or behaviour.  We may or may not agree with him on any particular subject, but we know pretty well where he stands on just about any issue including the attractiveness of certain parts and persons' female anatomy.

Now, if he would just keep on putting America first and draining the swamp, he could well turn out to be the BEST President the US ever had.

8 hours ago, cannuck said:

Mine only goes back a half century or so, but I can not think of the US EVER having a President who let the whole world know nearly 100% of what he was thinking - rightly or wrongly.

What I find so refreshing is that Trump's ego is so huge he seldom let's any handler censor his thoughts or behaviour.  We may or may not agree with him on any particular subject, but we know pretty well where he stands on just about any issue including the attractiveness of certain parts and persons' female anatomy.

Now, if he would just keep on putting America first and draining the swamp, he could well turn out to be the BEST President the US ever had.

That huge ego could be heading them into yet another war. That's hardly what I would call a "BEST".

Just now, Omni said:

That huge ego could be heading them into yet another war. That's hardly what I would call a "BEST".

The other war is the result of mindless idiots giving Noko communist government billions of dollars and a pair of reactors that were not supposed to be used to create weapons - also probably aided by Iran getting a pass on genuine audit of their nuke programme that I strongly suspect contributed a lot of technical support to Rocket Man.

10 minutes ago, cannuck said:

The other war is the result of mindless idiots giving Noko communist government billions of dollars and a pair of reactors that were not supposed to be used to create weapons - also probably aided by Iran getting a pass on genuine audit of their nuke programme that I strongly suspect contributed a lot of technical support to Rocket Man.

I think you'll find Pakistan had more to do with aiding NK's nuke capability than the US ever did. Also, iran has an agreement in place for inspections by the IAEA. It seems Trump is off on another of his wild tangents to GIVE Iran a pass by backing out of the agreement. Luckily it's not his agreement to rip up as there are EU countries also signed on.

Just now, Omni said:

I think you'll find Pakistan had more to do with aiding NK's nuke capability than the US ever did. Also, iran has an agreement in place for inspections by the IAEA. It seems Trump is off on another of his wild tangents to GIVE Iran a pass by backing out of the agreement. Luckily it's not his agreement to rip up as there are EU countries also signed on.

yes (I am posting on the fly while trying to re-arrange 3 projects in 3 different places), I neglected to mention Pakistan - who are behind a LOT more than just the Noko stuff.  Not convinced that the IAEA inspections under the current agreement are really seeing the whole picture at all.

8 hours ago, cannuck said:

What does draining the swamp even mean?

“I told people the other day: ‘Drain the swamp,’ I don’t really like that expression,” he admitted to a Las Vegas campaign crowd last October. “I said, I don’t love that expression, so hokey … I hate to use this … it doesn’t work, right. And I said it two weeks ago to a big crowd, and the place went crazy. Then I said it a second time, and the place went even crazier. And then the third time, like you, they started saying it before I said it. All of the sudden, I decided, I love that expression; it’s a great expression.”

Story 

Meanwhile back at the swamp...

Tracking Trump's Conflicts of Interest

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

What does draining the swamp even mean?

I don't really care much about Trump's conflicts, real or imagined.   There are a thousand things that legislators and bureaucrats have set up as cozy deals to skim billions a week from the American taxpayer, and many people and businesses were hurt badly when these arrangements were set up and perpetuated.  Those are the lizards I would like to see high and dry.  I have direct evidence of Trump's people doing just that for a minority owned business screwed over decades ago by both sides of the Uniparty - to the benefit of the political insiders.

19 minutes ago, cannuck said:

I don't really care much about Trump's conflicts, real or imagined.   There are a thousand things that legislators and bureaucrats have set up as cozy deals to skim billions a week from the American taxpayer, and many people and businesses were hurt badly when these arrangements were set up and perpetuated.  Those are the lizards I would like to see high and dry.  I have direct evidence of Trump's people doing just that for a minority owned business screwed over decades ago by both sides of the Uniparty - to the benefit of the political insiders.

You detest the swamp, have direct evidence of him mucking about it, but don't care.  And you admire Trump because you know where he stands.

You seem terribly confused or something. What am I missing here?

I'm a little confused too. I see today Trump is sucking up to Mitch McConnell in a fairly lengthy news scrum. What the heck brought that on since they have been at each others throats for some time, and how long will that mood last given Trump's flip flopping? Tillerson would not back off on his "moron" comment either during an interview yesterday. I'd say it goes beyond confusing at times. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

And if pigs had wings they could fly.

Ask Obama about losing the "house".

Obama won 2 terms with both pop. vote as well as EC. and he didn't have people talking seriously about the "articles" I'm sure you know which articles I speak of.

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

Your larger point is ridiculous because it's predicated on your stupid right-wing notions about the distract-ability of lefties.

Except it wasn't directed at "lefties". And it isn't even my idea, it is part of the dialogue taking place among  the more moderate left and right, among the people who are trying to have an intelligent dialogue about real problems both political and otherwise.

We need to read, and reply with responsibility, without need for ad hominem pejoratives. Remember that one?

23 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Except it wasn't directed at "lefties".

You're suggesting liberals are not lefties? Okay.

We need to read, and reply with responsibility, without need for ad hominem pejoratives. Remember that one?

I guess you must have forgotten that when you described the not-lefties as time-wasters.  You remember now?

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You're suggesting liberals are not lefties? Okay.

I guess you must have forgotten that when you described the not-lefties as time-wasters.  You remember now?

Hey, if you want to keep up with the BS and not discuss matters that are worthwhile, and throw out half-veiled pejoratives, if that's what makes your day, fill your boots.