America under President Trump

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Yep, quite obvious. And I'm quite happy to see SNL has kept Alec Baldwin around. Trump's probably not so happy, but I'm sure he will continue to provide material to be mocked. Trump looks pretty stupid in this photo, surprised you would use it.

Such superficial and trivial matters seem very important to you, including American based media depictions of Trump.

Meanwhile, Trudeau's government twists in the wind and has to react to Trump's policies and actions.

President Trump is about to cold cock your economy with NAFTA changes, and all you are concerned about is SNL skits ?

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Such superficial and trivial matters seem very important to you, including American based media depictions of Trump.

Meanwhile, Trudeau's government twists in the wind and has to react to Trump's policies and actions.

President Trump is about to cold cock your economy with NAFTA changes, and all you are concerned about is SNL skits ?

Trump has already cold cocked himself. And that's part of why SNL is having such a hoot with it. Americans who have a sense of humor I suspect are having a hoot as well. Too bad for you right wingers who support him I guess. But that's your and his problem.

This is what Trump has to deal with from flaky Justin Trudeau's government:

Public Services and Procurement Canada submitted a letter requesting permission to buy Boeing F-18 E/F Super Hornet strike aircraft in March 2017.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-services-procurement/news/2017/03/government_of_canadaannouncesnextstepsinpotentialprocurementofin.html

But wait !   Trudeau still wants that option, but is fighting with Boeing now so may want to buy previously owned (used) F/A-18 strike fighters from Australia, but this still requires U.S. DoS, DoD, and Congress approval.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trump has already cold cocked himself. And that's part of why SNL is having such a hoot with it. Americans who have a sense of humor I suspect are having a hoot as well. Too bad for you right wingers who support him I guess. But that's your and his problem.

I think you missed another level of my mockery.

Why would a Canadian be so obsessed with foreign media depictions of a foreign leader ?

Answer:   because that leader matters a lot more than their own.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I think you missed another level of my mockery.

Why would a Canadian be so obsessed with foreign media depictions of a foreign leader ?

Answer:   because that leader matters a lot more than their own.

Your attempts at mockery continue to fail miserably. But I'm sure you will continue to try. As does your idol who also has it all come back to smack him in the face. Hey, SNL is on next in my time frame.  I'll see ya later. 

Just now, Omni said:

Your attempts at mockery continue to fail miserably. But I'm sure you will continue to try. As does your idol who also has it all come back to smack him in the face. Hey, SNL is on next in my time frame.  I'll see ya later. 

Yes...American media is very important to many Canadians.

Enjoy the show and find out how many Clinton supporters also supported Weinstein's sexual assaults.

Krikey ! Look at this list of military hardware, software, and support that Canada's Public Services requested from Trump's America:

WASHINGTON, Sep. 12, 2017 - The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Canada of

ten (10) F/A-18E Super Hornet aircraft, with F414-GE-400 engines;

eight (8) F/A-18F Super Hornet aircraft, with F414-GE-400 engines;

eight (8) F414-GE-400 engine spares;

twenty (20) AN/APG-79 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars;

twenty (20) M61A2 20MM gun systems;

twenty-eight (28) AN/ALR-67(V)3 Electronic Warfare Countermeasures Receiving Sets;

fifteen (15) AN/AAQ-33 Sniper Advanced Targeting Pods;

twenty (20) Multifunctional Information Distribution Systems–Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS-JTRS);

thirty (30) Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS);

twenty-eight (28) AN/ALQ-214 Integrated Countermeasures Systems;

one hundred thirty (130) LAU-127E/A and or F/A Guided Missile Launchers;

twenty-two (22) AN/AYK-29 Distributed Targeting System (DTS);

twenty-two (22) AN/AYK-29 Distributed Targeting Processor (DTP);

one hundred (100) AIM-9X-2 Sidewinder Block II Tactical Missiles;

thirty (30) AIM-9X-2 Sidewinder Block II Captive Air Training Missiles (CATM);

eight (8) AIM-9X-2 Sidewinder Block II Special Air Training Missiles (NATM);

twenty (20) AIM-9X-2 Sidewinder Block II Tactical Guidance Units;

sixteen (16) AIM-9X-2 Sidewinder Block II CATM Guidance Units.

AN/AVS-9 Night Vision Goggles (NVG);

AN/ALE-47 Electronic Warfare Countermeasures Systems;

AN/ARC-210 Communication System;

AN/APX-111 Combined Interrogator Transponder;

AN/ALE-55 Towed Decoys;

Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS);

AN/PYQ-10C Simple Key Loader (SKL);

Data Transfer Unit (DTU);

Accurate Navigation (ANAV) Global Positioning System (GPS) Navigation;

KIV-78 Duel Channel Encryptor,

Identification Friend or Foe (IFF);

CADS/PADS; Instrument Landing System (ILS);

Aircraft Armament Equipment (AAE);

High Speed Video Network (HSVN) Digital Video Recorder (HDVR);

Launchers (LAU-115D/A, LAU-116B/A, LAU-118A);

flight test services;

site survey;

aircraft ferry;

auxiliary fuel tanks;

aircraft spares;

containers;

storage and preservation;

transportation;

aircrew and maintenance training;

training aids and equipment,

devices and spares and repair parts;

weapon system support and test equipment;

technical data Engineering Change Proposals;

technical publications and documentation;

software; avionics software support;

software development/integration;

system integration and testing;

U.S. Government and contractor engineering technical and logistics support;

Repair of Repairable (RoR);

repair and return warranties;

other technical assistance and support equipment;

and other related elements of logistics and program support. 

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/government-canada-fa-18ef-super-hornet-aircraft-support

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Canada's Public Works F-18 and spares requests from Trump's America is a perfect example of the political shuck and jive that Trudeau plays back home, while pretending to be taking on Trump.

Even if Canada ends up buying Australia's clapped out F/A-18s, Trudeau will still have to request more permission from Trump and Congress for all those air combat and strike mission goodies.

The Trudeau rubes back home will never know, right ?

7 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada's Public Works F-18 and spares requests from Trump's America is a perfect example of the political shuck and jive that Trudeau plays back home, while pretending to be taking on Trump.

Even if Canada ends up buying Australia's clapped out F/A-18s, Trudeau will still have to request more permission from Trump and Congress for all those air combat and strike mission goodies.

No they are busy watching SNL, and they think it's real. Nice easy media distraction that keeps liberals talking about useless things, time wasters. They'd rather spend the evening mocking a photo of his hair or a handshake, which keeps them distracted from discussing anything of substance. They actually believe that the POTUS spends all his time playing golf and watching cable TV. The media distraction is so compelling they have no idea what is really going on.

It is to the detriment of liberal's political future in a significant way: While distracted by foolishness the Dems are not talking about important political issues of today, not preparing a sound political strategy for tomorrow. Given the political demographic of the day we can assure ourselves that the "base" supporters on either side will not be swayed, either way. It is only the more moderate swing voters, who gauge their votes based on today's issues that make the final decision, and they will not be swayed by such nonsense. These are intelligent voters looking for substance and solutions, not SNL skits. 

8 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So it will be even harder for us to drop bombs on our allies victims?

Good.

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

No they are busy watching SNL, and they think it's real. Nice easy media distraction that keeps liberals talking about useless things, time wasters. They'd rather spend the evening mocking a photo of his hair or a handshake, which keeps them distracted from discussing anything of substance. They actually believe that the POTUS spends all his time playing golf and watching cable TV. The media distraction is so compelling they have no idea what is really going on.

It is to the detriment of liberal's political future in a significant way: While distracted by foolishness the Dems are not talking about important political issues of today, not preparing a sound political strategy for tomorrow. Given the political demographic of the day we can assure ourselves that the "base" supporters on either side will not be swayed, either way. It is only the more moderate swing voters, who gauge their votes based on today's issues that make the final decision, and they will not be swayed by such nonsense. These are intelligent voters looking for substance and solutions, not SNL skits. 

Uh oh, a little testy over our buddy getting trashed on comedy TV are we? If Trump keeps providing grist for the mill, SNL will continue to take advantage of it, and why wouldn't they, their ratings are through the roof. Certainly much better than Trumps.

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trump keeps providing grist for the mill, SNL will continue to take advantage of it, and why wouldn't they,

I definitely don't think they should stop, but then again anybody who doesn't see this ridiculous presidency for what it is isn't going to have their mind changed, even by the overwhelming ridicule and scorn that it deserves.

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I definitely don't think they should stop, but then again anybody who doesn't see this ridiculous presidency for what it is isn't going to have their mind changed, even by the overwhelming ridicule and scorn that it deserves.

Yes I suspect that Trump's base will remain his base come hell or high water. I'm sure that those who couldn't see him for what he is before he got into office, certainly don't see it yet. However I suspect he'll lose a lot of power in congress come the mid terms, and then he will continue to be able to get virtually nothing done. Those people, for instance in the rust belt, who held their noses and voted for Donald because he promised jobs will likely not be so easily fooled again, and Trump will be headed for the history books and SNL will be forced to find new material. 

Alec Baldwin has it nailed.

Edited by Omni

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Those people, for instance in the rust belt, who held their noses and voted for Donald because he promised jobs will likely not be so easily fooled again, and Trump will be headed for the history books and SNL will be forced to find new material. 

I myself engaged in this wishful thinking in the past.  I was only 70% sure I was right, though...

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You failed to address the larger point I made about media distraction and too much talk about irrelevant things. I did mention that each party's base will not be swayed, but swing voters use their intelligence to gauge issues one by one. That's more important, I think, yet you ignore it and fell for the easy bait. By all means, enjoy the junk food.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You failed to address the larger point I made about media distraction and too much talk about irrelevant things. I did mention that each party's base will not be swayed, but swing voters use their intelligence to gauge issues one by one. That's more important, I think, yet you ignore it and fell for the easy bait. By all means, enjoy the junk food.

Indeed....such shiny things are very distracting for some.    I suspect that the only thing SNL ever convinced somebody of is not to do heroin/cocaine.

Also, it's a way for the sycophant Clinton losers to continue bonding after Trump's victory, even in Canada.

"Crazy" Trump is still expected to deal with North Korea....Trudeau isn't/can't.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Actually, although you are usually right about such things you aren't in this case.  For the first time, I'm looking for anyone else to handle the NK situation other than the US president.

It doesn't matter what you are looking for...you are in Trudeau's impotent Canada.

Anyone else hasn't done the job so far...not Clinton...not Bush...not Obama....and certainly not Trudeau.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

1. It doesn't matter what you are looking for...you are in Trudeau's impotent Canada.

2. Anyone else hasn't done the job so far.

1. I will counter by saying it doesn't matter which country you're in when nuclear missiles start landing in your area.  People from Buffalo, or Dunkirk NY will be in the same boat I'm in.

2. Weird way to say that the president hasn't done anything so far but I agree.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I will counter by saying it doesn't matter which country you're in when nuclear missiles start landing in your area.  People from Buffalo, or Dunkirk NY will be in the same boat I'm in.

2. Weird way to say that the president hasn't done anything so far but I agree.

1. Oh, it matters a lot..."nuclear missiles" do not land on target...boosted warheads do.

2. See clarifying edit above.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Which is an ironic thing for someone who supports Trudeau to say.