America under President Trump

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Not all Canadians dislike Trump. It's split down the middle...just like in the USA.

Okay fine but I'm asking the Canadians who do dislike him.

The impression I get, not only from Canadians but from every single non-American who dislikes Trump is "we are angry at the American population for not voting the other person" which should never be the case because that is not democracy and I thought Canadians were better at it. Isn't it hypocritical that the world gets angry when the US interferes with other nations but the world seems to want to interfere with the US as well?

50 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Riiiiight. And after all that you say insightful things like:

Straight from CNN talking points 101. "We don't have any actual facts on our side, so let's go on an accusation/virtue-signalling campaign. Get some suckas riled up!'

Just cause you can't be bothered to investigate beyond you own bias, don't assume everyone else is the same. 

I read the partial tweet here, then went looking for the full tweet.  What Trump tweeted was insulting and racist; a basic sense of decency should tell you that.  You don't like racists being called out, too bad.

Just now, dialamah said:

Just cause you can't be bothered to investigate beyond you own bias, don't assume everyone else is the same. 

I read the partial tweet here, then went looking for the full tweet.  What Trump tweeted was insulting and racist; a basic sense of decency should tell you that.  You don't like racists being called out, too bad.

What was the racist part?...just for clarity.

37 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Well in my mind that is what he meant to say.

Well in your mind you should come up with responses to what people actually say, rather than what you wish they would have said so that your insults would make sense.

Again 3 of the 4 ladies were BOOOOORN IN THE USA !!!!!

Ok, the country/culture which they deem to be so superior.

13 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You're accusing me of being the person that I just proved you to be when you said "some folk understand that non-white people born in a white country don't actually belong".

There was no "investigating beyond your own bias" done there. You just chimed in on the conversation with an inflammatory insult which you know to be untrue. Again, straight outta CNN 101. 

What Trump said wasn't racist at all. Trump is saying that the people who feel that they and their countries of origin/culture are superior to Americans should clean up the places which they feel are superior and then come back and share their awesome experience to make America better.

You saying that white people don't think coloured people belong in their "white countries" is actually racist. Tlaib saying that talking about the holocaust gives her a calming feeling is extremely bigoted and hateful. If you're so interested in calling out racists then why don't you start with the worst ones, who actually said extremely racist and hateful things?

Tlaib and Omar are attacking the integrity and character of the US and they're belching out disgustingly bigoted and hateful talking points which are prominent in their places of origin. How does that make sense to you? AOC ran her entire election campaign based on the fact that people of ethnicity can't be represented by white people. That's entirely racist. I don't remember much about the other member of the squad, aside from her being generally hateful and accusatory. I could try to watch her speak again but she's disgusting.

52 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Canadians, why does Trump bother you so much? He is not leader of your country nor of the world. He is leader of just one country.

Trump and the Republicans are portrayed almost exactly the same way on CBC, CTV and Global as they are on CNN and MSNBC. If I was dumb enough to just believe what I saw on those stations I'd hate Trump too.

CTV and CBC can't find fault with Trudeau no matter what happens, but they can find fault with literally everything Trump says or does. They spent 3 years pimping duffygate like the biggest story in the history of our country and yet for some reason the SNC & Norman stories vanished as quickly as they came. It has been less than a year for both of those stories and they're already way back under the rug. They didn't even get headline coverage when they were new. 

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Well in your mind you should come up with responses to what people actually say, rather than what you wish they would have said so that your insults would make sense.

Ok, the country/culture which they deem to be so superior.

What culture??  New York City? Detroit? or Chicago?

39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

to be when you said "some folk understand that non-white people born in a white country don't actually belong".

Trump said, to 3 women who were born in the States to "go back to their countries".  The people who are defending that are the ones who understand that non-white people are from "away" and can therefore be "sent back".  It doesn't take anything but logic and common sense to figure that out.

15 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Trump said, to 3 women who were born in the States to "go back to their countries".  The people who are defending that are the ones who understand that non-white people are from "away" and can therefore be "sent back".  It doesn't take anything but logic and common sense to figure that out.

I've already explained this to you. If you can't read or understand what's already posted here that's your problem, not mine.

48 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

What culture??  New York City? Detroit? or Chicago?

Their talking points aren't about how awesome life is in those cities, and their opinions aren't representative of people in those cities. 

People from Chicago don't say things like "I get a calming feeling when I talk about the holocaust" do they? Do people from Detroit go on about how bad Jews are, and how evil America is for supporting those bad zionists in Israel?

I'm breathlessly awaiting your deflection.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I've already explained this to you. If you can't read or understand what's already posted here that's your problem, not mine.

I read it.  Sounds like a rationalization of a racist comment direct from RW media.  We (Americans and Canadians) all came from "away", but only some people (not brown people born in the country, according to Trump and his supporters) are allowed to complain about the country?  Give me a break.  

57 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

CTV and CBC can't find fault with Trudeau

I've read a few negative articles on CBC via FB over the last few months.  Dunno about CTV, but Global has run new stories critical of him as well.   I notice these because of how often I read on this forum claiming these media outlets won't say anything critical.   

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Tlaib and Omar are attacking the integrity and character of the US and they're belching out disgustingly bigoted and hateful talking points which are prominent in their places of origin

People on this forum regularly attack the integrity and character of Canada and belch out bigoted and hateful talking points.  Perhaps they need to return to their "places of origin" - even if its Europe or the UK?

On 7/17/2019 at 8:02 PM, eyeball said:

What is it that bothers you so much about right-wing conservatives using the term inhumanity before AOC did? 

No doubt those right wing conservatives are really a bunch of Rino's. You do know what "RINO'S" means, eh? There is no inhumanity happening at all at the border in the sense that people are being abused and starved and being beaten. What is going on is the overcrowding of a bunch of criminals in a small area. An area that was not designed to hold thousands of criminal illegals. Those illegals brought all their problems onto themselves. Trump had nothing to do with it. Obama is just as responsible for what is going on there. He had eight years to fix the problem and he did dyk all about it. And AOC was lying when she said that people were being forced to drink toilet water. They are all being fed, clothed and are being given bottles of water by the border guards who have been turned into social workers now.

You need to stop listening to leftist liberal news outfits like CNN/MSNBC/CBC all the time and start listening to news channels like Fox News for a change, and try to get the other side of the story, the other side of the story that the leftist liberal fake and lying American and Canadian won't give you. Every evening there are great people like Tucker, Hannity, Watters, Pirro and Ingraham on FOX NEWS that will give you that other side of the story that you appear to not want to be bothered to listen to.

There is an old saying and it goes like this:  "To know one side of the story is to know nothing at all". And from what I am getting here from you is that you are just a one sided person who refuses to take the time to get that other side of the story. But I guess that is just you. So sad indeed. Just saying. 

49 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Their talking points aren't about how awesome life is in those cities, and their opinions aren't representative of people in those cities. 

See that might be good to clarify in order to have a proper conversation here. I really have not paid attention to what these 4 are saying. I am trying to concentrate on some of the good people in public life. Guys like Sanders, ladies like Gabbard. 

People from Chicago don't say things like "I get a calming feeling when I talk about the holocaust" do they? Do people from Detroit go on about how bad Jews are, and how evil America is for supporting those bad zionists in Israel?

I am not sure if the Americans suck up more to Israel or Saudi Arabia. Kind of like funding both sides of the conflict like they did back in WWII.

I'm breathlessly awaiting your deflection.

So since you would not tell me I had to look it up to see WHO said it. But it's not deflection. Your talking points get lost in obscurity with so much ambiguity. I was very clear in explaining the irony of Trump's own words. Regardless of what these 4 ladies have said. It's the type of guy Trump is, off the cuff and not really thinking anything through.  That's dangerous attitude to have in the White House.

Meanwhile in the Straight of Hormuz the USA is poking at Iran hoping to ignite a new war that will not end well for any of us.

23 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Okay fine but I'm asking the Canadians who do dislike him.

The impression I get, not only from Canadians but from every single non-American who dislikes Trump is "we are angry at the American population for not voting the other person" which should never be the case because that is not democracy and I thought Canadians were better at it. Isn't it hypocritical that the world gets angry when the US interferes with other nations but the world seems to want to interfere with the US as well?

Why don't Canadians just mind their own bloody business. What Trump says or does is none of their business. The only time that most Canadians get all upset over what Trump says is because of the alt-left liberal Canadian media that tries to get them all riled up, and as usual, they fall for it all of the time. I never see any members here attacking Trudeau for the things that he says and does in the name of Canada. I do it all the time, and get very little attacks over my opinions. I guess the reason for that is that I must be telling it like it is about Trudeau and they cannot come back with anything to take me on with my attacking Trudeau. Trump has said many things and not anything that he has said that gets me all upset and uptight like so many here do. Most  Canadians have no clue or really know anything about Trump at all. And they could not careless what Trump says if it were not for the Canadian media making a big deal out of what Trump says and who butts their liberal noses in and who only wants to try and make Trump look like an inhumane person. Deplorable. 

Edited by taxme

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

What did Trump say that was so racist to you? Please show and we can go from there. Over to you. 

57 minutes ago, dialamah said:

People on this forum regularly attack the integrity and character of Canada and belch out bigoted and hateful talking points.  Perhaps they need to return to their "places of origin" - even if its Europe or the UK?

What you said above sure makes you now appear to be a racist also? Telling others to go back to their "places of origin" like Europe or the UK can also be considered a racist thing to be saying. You did not like Trump for saying those same words "places of origin" but yet you did the same thing yourself here. Looks mighty hypocritical to me. Shocking. 

3 hours ago, taxme said:

I guess the reason for that is that I must be telling it like it is about Trudeau and they cannot come back with anything to take me on with my attacking Trudeau.

Same here. I try to ask people like eyeball and GostHacked that if the US is so bad, why hasn't Canada severed ties with it yet and they never respond to me. They know the Canadian government would never agree to such a thing, no matter how bad the Canadian people perceive the US to be.

Their only weapon is to make Americans feel bad in the hopes that they change to what the Canadian people want them to be which is hopeless and pathetic to begin with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

See that might be good to clarify in order to have a proper conversation here.

Sir, you do not want to have a proper conversation, what you want is to force your ways unto a group of people and if you don't get it, you get angry, just like the ones over at Quora.

I am not sure if the Americans suck up more to Israel or Saudi Arabia. Kind of like funding both sides of the conflict like they did back in WWII.

Sir, once again, who the Americans suck up to is none of your business. You are a Canadian. You live in Canada.

Meanwhile in the Straight of Hormuz the USA is poking at Iran hoping to ignite a new war that will not end well for any of us.

Then what is Canada doing about it? What is the Commonwealth doing about it? Let me guess, nothing!? You expect the evil USA to fix the problem for you?

17 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Sir, you do not want to have a proper conversation, what you want is to force your ways unto a group of people and if you don't get it, you get angry, just like the ones over at Quora.

I've tried to have proper conversations.  It's just after 466 pages, you hope that this thread (like Trump's presidency) would get better.

He's nothing more than reality star president.

Sir, once again, who the Americans suck up to is none of your business. You are a Canadian. You live in Canada.

If your neighbors are arming terrorists, yes it is my business. 

Then what is Canada doing about it? What is the Commonwealth doing about it? Let me guess, nothing!? You expect the evil USA to fix the problem for you?

Not much at the moment. I am hoping for a real leader in the next Prime Minister. The current one is an embarrassment.

18 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Same here. I try to ask people like eyeball and GostHacked that if the US is so bad, why hasn't Canada severed ties with it yet and they never respond to me. They know the Canadian government would never agree to such a thing, no matter how bad the Canadian people perceive the US to be.

I have always made the distinction that I like America and Americans. It's the government controlled by the military and corporations that I have a problem with.

Also hard to sever ties from nations that have had their economies fairly integrated for about 100 years.

18 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Their only weapon is to make Americans feel bad in the hopes that they change to what the Canadian people want them to be which is hopeless and pathetic to begin with.

The American Dream has been dead for decades.

Trump will get re-elected but I don't really understand the despair what the Democrat-voters are going through as it is possible that Trump is the last Republican President.

Namely, the demographics changes in the US are going to make it impossible for the Republicans to ever win elections again when we go forward 10-20 years not to mention longer time. 

In a multicultural society identity-politics is what matters and people vote accordingly and that means a party which is known for old white men's party has no chance any more.

53 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Namely, the demographics changes in the US are going to make it impossible for the Republicans to ever win elections again when we go forward 10-20 years not to mention longer time.

Maybe yes...maybe no.   The Republicans won control of the House, Senate, and presidency in 2016, same as the Democrats did in 2008.   The Democrats lost over 1,000 state and federal seats after that, and they are still climbing out of a deep hole at the state level.   Trump/GOP lost far fewer House seats in 2018 midterms than Obama/Democrats did in 2010.   The GOP has won more with such changing demographics.

...and the Supreme Court will be more conservative leaning for at least another generation because of Trump and the GOP controlled Senate.

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe yes...maybe no.   The Republicans won control of the House, Senate, and presidency in 2016, same as the Democrats did in 2008.   The Democrats lost over 1,000 state and federal seats after that, and they are still climbing out of a deep hole at the state level.   Trump/GOP lost far fewer House seats in 2018 midterms than Obama/Democrats did in 2010.   The GOP has won more with such changing demographics.

...and the Supreme Court will be more conservative leaning for at least another generation because of Trump and the GOP controlled Senate.

Just curious, but if Trump wins again, what do you think will happen?  Do you think the left will completely riot rather than accept the election results/ 

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Just curious, but if Trump wins again, what do you think will happen?  Do you think the left will completely riot rather than accept the election results/ 

I would expect more of the same from 2016....#NotMyPresident...moving to Canada (they never do)....impeachment threats....etc., etc.