America under President Trump

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

The old white southerner, interesting that they were once Democrats.

How did that turn out for them in the end? But of course, Dixiecrats didn't change, the Democratic party did.......

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

While Republicans are twice a likely to be gun owners as Democrats that still leaves a lot of armed Democrats.

So? If you were given a saw and hammer it doesn't make you a carpenter, anymore then someone having a stethoscope and scalpel being a doctor.........as I said, those best positioned to overthrow a government, be they serving or retired military, police and intelligence are predominantly Republican voters......in addition, unlike the previous Civil War, divided by North and South, if one were to divide up Red versus Blue States, one is putting on one side the majority of not only physical military presence, but industrial (including weapons production), energy and food production capacity in largely one camp.........

The North won the last civil war because they had vastly more people bearing arms, the capacity to produce said arms and the ability to feed their army......the same can't be said for Blue States today.........the entire thought exercise is laughable really.........As Mao once said:

Political power grows out the barrel of a gun 

The "left" predominantly abhors guns, looks down upon the military and police and has chased most weapons makers out of their States...........and you're suggesting they pick a fight with those that haven't (and voted Trump)?  

:lol:

3 hours ago, ?Impact said:

The regressive cave men have 2 years to Make America a Laughing Stock, unless of course an armed revolt occurs first.

LOL!  Post of the day!

I can only hope that the left in the US underestimates Trump as badly as you have.   But then, you're only bored and trolling, but a guy can dream!  Maybe you should get a PAL just in case. ;)

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

LOL!  Post of the day!

I can only hope that the left in the US underestimates Trump as badly as you have.   But then, you're only bored and trolling, but a guy can dream!  Maybe you should get a PAL just in case. ;)

Yes we have seen your comprehension of US politics. Don't give up your day job.

Obama did Putin's bidding for most of his time in office. 

2 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

those best positioned to overthrow a government, be they serving or retired military, police and intelligence are predominantly Republican voters

The "left" predominantly abhors guns, looks down upon the military

Things are not as clear cut as you think.

The "left" abhors irresponsible rednecks.

7 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Sure he will, Omni.  He's been doing the bidding of others since he was young, right?  Tax laws, business laws, banking laws, bankruptcy laws, he's been a model citizen.  Keep drinking that kool aid, brother, you need a nice blue tongue.

Perhaps it's because Putim actually makes laws to suit himself that endears him to Trump.  

21 hours ago, Argus said:

In what way is that relevant other than for you to vent your leftist splean at the evils of the capitalist west? Just as many of those dictators were put in place by the Soviets, and supported by them. Others are home-grown. None of it is relevant to a discussion of US/Russia relations today.

Cater to our needs? You mean by, like, not sending their army across the borders to attack neighbouring countries?

An interesting read on the subject of Putin and Trump in Bloomberg contained a handy assessment of the problem.

President-elect Donald Trump is correct that he has a huge opportunity to improve relations with Russia. Under President Obama, they have soured to the point where Russia interfered in the presidential election and Russian jets routinely buzz U.S. Navy ships. Americans’ feelings toward Russia are the coldest in 30 years, according to a survey by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs. Trump could change all that by concluding a deal that committed Russia to stopping cyberwarfare, cooperating on fighting ISIS, getting tougher on Iran over its nuclear weapons program, and ending the deployment of intermediate-range nuclear missiles that threaten Europe.

In business terminology, a deal that met U.S. objectives such as those, in return for the lifting of sanctions on Russia and other concessions, would be a win-win. It would be a natural culmination of Trump’s extensive dealings with wealthy Russians as investors and customers. “The Russian market is attracted to me,” he once said.

The obstacle is Vladimir Putin. Trump may be showering praise on Russia’s president now, but he’ll discover in office that Putin doesn’t view the world in the same transactional, let’s-get-this-done way. Take it from Sergey Aleksashenko, who was deputy chairman of the Central Bank of Russia in the late 1990s when Putin was director of the Federal Security Service, which replaced the KGB. Putin, he says, isn’t a win-win guy. More of a win-lose guy, actually.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-05/trump-needs-a-win-win-deal-putin-is-a-win-lose-guy

It is very relevant. But because you don't seem to understand why, let me simplify; the US cannot control Russia and thus it is labeled as a threat. It's quite obvious you need to brush up on Western (specifically US) foreign policy. There is a gigantic reason why Americans are seen as arrogant and aggressive. You'd see that if you traveled a little bit, or just read more. Ever wonder why Canada is (or at least was) seen as a peace-keeping nation compared to the US? Or why people hold Canada in high regard compared to the US? The answers are in front of you but you are so caught up in corporate-funded media lies that you refuse to look anywhere else. And once again, it's all very relevant. But hey, keep the hate strong.

There are much bigger issues in the world for the US to focus on then what the Russians are planning/or doing. You can figure that one out on your own. 

It's quite obvious when someone refuses to look at history and put things into context but will easily gobble up whatever is fed to him without asking. 

7 minutes ago, Mailman said:

It is very relevant. But because you don't seem to understand why, let me simplify; the US cannot control Russia and thus it is labeled as a threat.

Right. Sweden, those evil capitalist warmongers, are opening up and restocking their bomb shelters and re instituting conscription because uhm, the US can't control Russia. They're not afraid of Russian military aggression at all! Why the Russians are just big, cuddly teddy bears who only want what's right for everyone!

Let me ask you a question. Do you agree with Putin that the fall and breakup of the Soviet Union was the worst tragedy of the twentieth century?

Edited by Argus

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Right. Sweden, those evil capitalist warmongers, are opening up and restocking their bomb shelters and re instituting conscription because uhm, the US can't control Russia. They're not afraid of Russian military aggression at all! Why the Russians are just big, cuddly teddy bears who only want what's right for everyone!

Let me ask you a question. Do you agree with Putin that the fall and breakup of the Soviet Union was the worst tragedy of the twentieth century?

Not sure what Sweden defending it's borders have to do with the US elections or why Trump would serve best in Putin's interests (since that's what the main discussion is here). Which again brings me to my point; why does the US have to protect the world? The world existed way before US was founded. You seem stuck on that Russkies are against the world rhetoric which as I've said before; move on. 

Of course I don't agree with Putin. Now let me ask you something; do you know why the Soviet Union fell apart? Hint: it wasn't because of the US.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/06/how-funding-donald-trumps-border-wall-could-go-south-real-quickly-for-republicans/?utm_term=.503eb8110335

No surprise here - the US will have to pay the wall, at least until Mexico gets the bill and ponies up, which we all know they will.   ( *cough* *cough*)

In any case, this is really a test of how the minority of Trump voters will react.  This was a big promise, so to see this wall fall will diminish the President Elect in the eyes of ... some.  How many ?

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/06/how-funding-donald-trumps-border-wall-could-go-south-real-quickly-for-republicans/?utm_term=.503eb8110335

No surprise here - the US will have to pay the wall, at least until Mexico gets the bill and ponies up, which we all know they will.   ( *cough* *cough*)

In any case, this is really a test of how the minority of Trump voters will react.  This was a big promise, so to see this wall fall will diminish the President Elect in the eyes of ... some.  How many ?

None. They don't care what he does. Just so long as they can feast on liberal tears.

Okay, maybe when it all falls apart they will realize it was a horrible mistake. Then they'll blame the MSM.

Edited by BubberMiley

28 minutes ago, sharkman said:

There's so many ways to make Mexico pay for it.  I expect that charging some sort of duty or fee on any Mexican product coming into the US is an option.  As is a fee for any Mexican crossing the border(legally) into the US.  

Except Trump wants to slap heavy tariffs om Mexican goods, so those goods will just come from other country's so there goes that revenue stream. How many "legal" border crossings will it take to py for that 25 billion dollar wall? I suspect the thing will have crumbled before the first mile gets paid for.

The Line Fences Act is one of Ontario’s most historic pieces of legislation that provides a local method of arbitrating fencing disputes between neighbouring property owners.

The Act applies where one owner wants to construct, repair or maintain a fence on a property boundary line, but is unable to reach agreement with the other owner on the type of fence to be erected, the sharing of the costs of the fence, or both of these issues.

I guess Trump needs to grovel to the United Nations and request they create a Line Fences Act.

Edited by Michael Hardner
spelling

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Except Trump wants to slap heavy tariffs om Mexican goods, so those goods will just come from other country's so there goes that revenue stream. How many "legal" border crossings will it take to py for that 25 billion dollar wall? I suspect the thing will have crumbled before the first mile gets paid for.

There goes that revenue stream?  Perhaps you should catch up with Trump and point that out to him, I'm sure it'll get a laugh.:)

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

There goes that revenue stream?  Perhaps you should catch up with Trump and point that out to him, I'm sure it'll get a laugh.:)

I explained what will happen to the rev. stream. But yes \i'm getting lots of laughs out of Twump's stumbles, bet them I'm mot American.

14 hours ago, Omni said:

Perhaps it's because Putim actually makes laws to suit himself that endears him to Trump.  

You know why he's "dear" to Trump?  Trump trolls Obama......... through Putin!  There's tension between Putin and Obama!  Why do you think he praises the leadership of Putin?  Because it gets the goat of Obama! :lol:

Maybe.......it must be Trump's payback for this:

At video timer 3:55-57....you could see that Obama was not doing the jokes just for the fun of it.  Look at his expression.  There's anger in those eyes.

There is bad blood between Trump and Obama.  Too bad, our PM might've just put himself right in the middle of it.

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Okay, maybe when it all falls apart they will realize it was a horrible mistake. Then they'll blame the MSM.

There is much more that President Donald Trump brings to the USA, and the world, than these mere issues. Electing a person like him was not a mistake, but timely and necessary.

19 minutes ago, betsy said:

You know why he's "dear" to Trump?  Trump trolls Obama......... through Putin!  There's tension between Putin and Obama!  Why do you think he praises the leadership of Putin?  Because it gets the goat of Obama! :lol:

Sounds like am activity befitting his IQ level. Glad you find it entertainment. 

26 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There is much more that President Donald Trump brings to the USA, and the world, than these mere issues.

Knowledge of the New York real estate market?  A hypersensitive, resentful, petty, vindictive personality which refuses to admit when he's wrong? A lousy businessman who rips off his suppliers and partners and doesn't understand why he should consider costs and cash flow when borrowing money to pour out on a new project? Nice hair?

Just now, betsy said:

Boy, I'll take his IQ anytime if that means being that rich, famous and powerful! :)

His dad was the one who made him rich. As for famous, well, there's the Kardashians. They seem to have about the same sense of sexual morality as the Donald.

He's about to find out how much his actual power is limited given the rumblings from the congress.