Why is criticizm of Israel considered Anti-semitism?

That is a ridiculous statement which has no basis in reality. You seem really determined to do away with the very term 'antisemitism' and I have to wonder about your motivation here.

What do you mean it has no basis in reality? If you are Islamic you must learn classical Arabic in order to learn the Koran and if you don't you are forbidden to enter Mecca or Medina.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be fairly determined to ignore whatever anyone says when they don't agree with you on this subject. Everyone involved has agreed many times that you certainly can criticize Israel without being an anti-Semite. What we are pointing out is the tone and persistent nature of such criticism combined with an absence of similar criticism of other countries, even, in some cases, active defense of those other countries which have far worse human rights abuses.

Well, since we are dealing with something specific there is no need to talk about other nations. In some cases talking about other nations leads to some thread drift which we are trying to avoid. Yes other nations have worse records, but we are dealing with one specific topic.

He has proved it. Argus, PIK, Shady, jbg and yourself have demonstrated what Ghost is saying with the generic reactionary examples of how Zionist apologists flash the anti-semite card when there is criticism of the Zionist ideology and the actions of Israel.

I am not even getting into the specifics of Zionists/Zionism ... that's your bag. Not one I completely agree with either.

Why is criticizm of Israel considered Anti-Semitism?

For the same reason people critical of the West are, variously, commies, terrorists, lefties/libruls, bleeding hearts...the usual melange of epithets.

Look at the smear campaign against Jeremy Corbyn in the UK. Just because he has spoken about the unjust treatment of Palestinians, he and his supporters are called anti-semites. God forbid anyone politician in North America or Europe who criticizes Israel or shows sympathy towards Palestinians.

Edited by marcus

Look at the smear campaign against Jeremy Corbyn in the UK. Just because he has spoken about the unjust treatment of Palestinians, he and his supporters are called anti-semites. God forbid anyone politician in North America or Europe who criticizes Israel or shows sympathy towards Palestinians.

Maybe he should try a little more balanced approach by speaking about "unjust treatment" of Israelis by Palestinians.

You seem to be fairly determined to ignore whatever anyone says when they don't agree with you on this subject. Everyone involved has agreed many times that you certainly can criticize Israel without being an anti-Semite.

No we can't.

What we are pointing out is the tone and persistent nature of such criticism

Tone? Clarify what "tone" is criticism and what "tone" is antisemitic. Examples pls.

"persistent" ... because Israel refuses to negotiate in good faith and continues to deserve criticism.

combined with an absence of similar criticism of other countries, even, in some cases, active defense of those other countries which have far worse human rights abuses.

Irrelevant. Edited by jacee

What do you mean it has no basis in reality? If you are Islamic you must learn classical Arabic in order to learn the Koran and if you don't you are forbidden to enter Mecca or Medina.

I've read and understood the Quran in English...like it or not.

Those statements are as silly and untrue as the rest of your silly ideas.

Edited by Argus

He has proved it. Argus, PIK, Shady, jbg and yourself have demonstrated what Ghost is saying with the generic reactionary examples of how Zionist apologists flash the anti-semite card when there is criticism of the Zionist ideology and the actions of Israel.

Your opinion. My opinion is anyone who whines about zionism is an antisemite.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/13/jewish-chronicle-accuses-jeremy-corbyn-associating-holocaust-deniers

Your opinion. My opinion is anyone who whines about zionism is an antisemite.

Bringing up the ugliness of the Zionism ideology is not whining and it is certainly not antisemitism.

It's a sign of weakness and shallowness to continuously to play the antisemite card.

Edited by marcus

It wasn't an authentic Koran then according to Islam.

Really? Have you spoken to Islam lately? Do you regularly get messages from Islam?

Are you going to go and tell the quarter billion Indonesians they aren't actually proper Muslims?

Given the fact that your comment is a non sequitur I accept you have conceded this topic to me.

All you're demonstrating with this is you don't know what a non-sequitur is.

Bringing up the ugliness of the Zionism ideology is not whining and it is certainly not antisemitism.

Yes, it clearly is antisemitism, with nothing but a threadbare disguise.

Someone brought up the problems the UK's labour party is having with antisemitism and I thought this column in the Citizen was terribly apt with regard to this entire discussion. It even mentions the topic of this thread, the notion that 'any criticism of Israel is termed antisemitism' as a defensive move on the part of anti-Semites.

That’s how the trick almost always works. First comes an outrageous proposition – in this case, that Israel’s very existence constitutes an illegitimate “occupation,” a slander for which Davies was later obliged to apologize. Then comes a preemptive “how very dare you” rebuke – Let no one raise the unseemliness of antisemitism in any speculative explanation of my unpardonably outrageous attack on the right of a Jewish state to even exist!

Trowel in the usual dollops of paranoia about a Zionist-controlled news media and other shadowy Zionist powers in such ways as would be rather too obvious without the word “Zionist” substituting for the word “Jew,” then lather on the absurd fiction that legitimate criticism of Israel is routinely branded as antisemitism, and sooner or later the day comes when the whole charade comes tumbling down.

http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/glavin-the-british-lefts-run-in-with-anti-semitism-a-stern-warning-for-ndp

Wrong. The thread topic is that all criticism is viewed as anti-semitism. I don't know how many times I need to point that out. Also I made no accusations as to who in my OP, just that it happens.

Each time you post, you help prove my point. Thanks.

No not wrong at all. I in fact repeated verbatum exactly what your claim was, that and I quote, " all criticism (of Israel is iewd as anti-semitism.". That is what you accused. That is what you alleged. That is what you continue to repeat. You now blatantly admit you can't prove it. Now you have the nerve to claim because you can't back up your allegation, that this lack of being able to back it up, proves it true. You try this flimsy passive aggressive weasel tactic denying what you said, pretending I didn't feed it back and now try suggest I proved your point? That's what you do at this point?

You don't have the integrity to admit you made a false sweeping subjective label. Go on once and for all back up your comment. Show one comment that showed the commentator blamed you or anyone else of being an anti semite only because you criticized Israeli government policies.

You can't. What you have done is utter a lie, a miserable and blatant lie to apologize for those who come on this forum and use the pretext of criticizing an Israeli government policy to in effect question the right of Jews to be Israeli and Zionist. You refuse to differentiate the two in an effort to condone and apologize for using anti semitism as an expression of legitimacy.

I am not sure who is worse at this point, the out and out anti semites on this board hiding behind their flimsy agenda or you and your pseudo intellectual denials.

Not one post from you. Not one example. You spin away your inability to prove what you started speaks loudly as do your repeat false allegations.

Go on you just made another false allegation, Show how in my exposure of your lack of ability to prove what you said, it proves what you said. Go on finish your game. Do I look like I am playing semantics with you?