Another Terrorist Attack in Canada

A 27 year old man walked into a Canadian military recruitment office in Toronto. He got into an argument with the staff and ended up stabbing 2 clerks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/stabbing-arrest-1.3491413

Apparently he claimed that Mohammed told him to do this. Yet another terrorist attack by yet another Muslim.

Citizens of Canada, we should be afraid, really afraid that more of these terrorist Muslims will channel Mohammed and make these outrageous, well planned deadly (well almost deadly) assaults on Canadian values. We have to step up our involvement in the Middle East and go after those scumbags and murderers (well stabbers anyway) where they are.

We fight them there or we will have to fight them here!

No one is claiming it was a terrorist act at this point.

What makes it a "terrorist" act"?

Is there a "terrorist act" committee somewhere who makes that decision or just the media which seems to now start to categorize an act depending on how many papers to sell.

Latest news from police is that this deranged terrorist explained that "Allah told me to do this". He apparently also knew Sammy Yatim - that other terrorist with a knife who was prepared to kill every Canadian (well almost every Canadian) (or at least a few Canadians) ok (maybe somebody in the streetcar) who was neutralized by that brave Toronto police officer. Looks to me but yet another terrorist cell rooted out.

Some observers are wondering about just how dangerous these terrorists are. You would assume that when Sammy was shot 9 times by police for wielding that knife, that Ayanie Hassan Ali (this deranged terrorist) would have learned not to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Remember Canadians, be afraid, be very afraid of the Muslim menace taking over the world!!

Or perhaps not.

No one is claiming it was a terrorist act at this point.

They say he said "Allah".

Apparently that ... and claiming to be a Muslim is all it takes.

Even if they've been denounced by Muslims and kicked out of mosques and have no real association with legitimate Islam.

What makes it a "terrorist" act"?

Is there a "terrorist act" committee somewhere who makes that decision or just the media which seems to now start to categorize an act depending on how many papers to sell.

Latest news from police is that this deranged terrorist explained that "Allah told me to do this". He apparently also knew Sammy Yatim - that other terrorist with a knife who was prepared to kill every Canadian (well almost every Canadian) (or at least a few Canadians) ok (maybe somebody in the streetcar) who was neutralized by that brave Toronto police officer. Looks to me but yet another terrorist cell rooted out.

Some observers are wondering about just how dangerous these terrorists are. You would assume that when Sammy was shot 9 times by police for wielding that knife, that Ayanie Hassan Ali (this deranged terrorist) would have learned not to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Remember Canadians, be afraid, be very afraid of the Muslim menace taking over the world!!

Or perhaps not.

Nobody has ever claimed that Sammy Yatim was a terrorist.

He didn't say "Allah".

I wonder if criminals who yell "Jesus Christ" are charged with being [Christian] terrorists? ?

Edited by jacee

A 27 year old man walked into a Canadian military recruitment office in Toronto. He got into an argument with the staff and ended up stabbing 2 clerks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/stabbing-arrest-1.3491413

Apparently he claimed that Mohammed told him to do this. Yet another terrorist attack by yet another Muslim.

Citizens of Canada, we should be afraid, really afraid that more of these terrorist Muslims will channel Mohammed and make these outrageous, well planned deadly (well almost deadly) assaults on Canadian values. We have to step up our involvement in the Middle East and go after those scumbags and murderers (well stabbers anyway) where they are.

It would be best if you used an emoticon to display your sarcasm - it was "tongue in cheek", was it not? But your sarcasm is misplaced - I have no opinion poll to support it but I do not detect any "fear" in Canadians - I think we're all pretty comfortable/satisfied (if that's the right word) with how law enforcement is keeping an eye on things.......and the rantings of Racism and Islamophobia ring hollow in the face of one undeniable fact - only a microscopic number of Muslims are terrorists - but an overwhelming number of terrorists are Muslims. Why is it continually necessary to acknowledge the first - while ignoring the second? I guess tripping over ourselves so we don't "offend" anyone is the Canadian way - but calling anyone who disagrees an "Islamophobe" is pretty juvenile.

I think we're all pretty comfortable/satisfied (if that's the right word) with how law enforcement is keeping an eye on things.......and the rantings of Racism and Islamophobia ring hollow in the face of one undeniable fact - only a microscopic number of Muslims are terrorists - but an overwhelming number of terrorists are Muslims.

Weird.... I think I agree with SunnyWays...

Apparently those Islamaphobia threads that ran for 100s of pages actually worked in persuading people that we're not actually at imminent risk of destruction by Islamic terrorists. :)

Apparently those Islamaphobia threads that ran for 100s of pages actually worked in persuading people that we're not actually at imminent risk of destruction by Islamic terrorists. :)

I never thought we were. And as I recall, most of the discussion was on how the backward social values of tens of thousands of newcomer Muslims would impact Canadian society, not whether they'd stab people.

Even if they've been denounced by Muslims and kicked out of mosques and have no real association with legitimate Islam.

There is no such thing as 'legitimate Islam'. There is no hierarchy and no organization.

I think there IS quite a few people that believe the muslim hordes are amassed at our gates intent on destroying our way of life. But its more to do with the way think than any geopolitical reality. If you profiled these people you would find they have a tendency towards irrational reactionism, and usually a predisposition towards suspicion of outsiders and an angry and fearful disposition. They also tend to have an authoritarian mindset.

Even if terrorism did not exist these people would still be saying the same things about some other perceived threat.

He was born in Canada. He also killed nobody.

Such theatrics, Bob. Someone who hears voices attempted to murder people in a military office. How is this news any more important than the actual murders that happened this week? It's not, unless you pay more attention to Muslims and are more afraid of them attempting murder than you are of the people who actually succeeded this week.

Edited by cybercoma

Being denounced by other Muslims and kicked out of some mosques has nothing to do whether it is Islamic terrorism.

And no, he did not just say 'Allah'. Per police, he said "Allah told me to come and kill people". If you don't accept that as Islamic motivation, then do tell, what is?

The prophet Mohammed did exactly this kind of stuff, btw. So if not him, than who exactly represents 'legitimate' Islam?

Such theatrics, Bob. Someone who hears voices attempted to murder people in a military office. How is this news any more important than the actual murders that happened this week? It's not, unless you pay more attention to Muslims and are more afraid of them attempting murder than you are of the people who actually succeeded this week.

Because we believe we can mitigate some factors that contribute to crime. But we cannot mitigate a person who is motivated outside those factors, who kills based on something other than their own self-perceived interest.

Edited by hitops

The political correct elite just hate the word terrorist. A guy screams about allah talking to him and stabs people. I don't care if he is nuts or not, it is a terror act. I wish the left would get over this thing about protecting Islam at every corner. The moderate leaders of Islam better stop looking the other way and it is time for them to renew their religion. Time for a new testament and get rid of the crazy shit that is totally out of date.

Edited by PIK

Exactly but BG presented it with his sarcastic opening to cock block the usual suspects.....and it seems to have worked.

Being denounced by other Muslims and kicked out of some mosques has nothing to do whether it is Islamic terrorism.And no, he did not just say 'Allah'. Per police, he said "Allah told me to come and kill people". If you don't accept that as Islamic motivation, then do tell, what is?The prophet Mohammed did exactly this kind of stuff, btw. So if not him, than who exactly represents 'legitimate' Islam? Because we believe we can mitigate some factors that contribute to crime. But we cannot mitigate a person who is motivated outside those factors, who kills based on something other than their own self-perceived interest.

The guy was hearing voices. Very likely a schizophrenic. We had an Asian dude on a bus actually decapitate someone under similar circumstances and it wasn't Islam that inspired him. Also, no one died here, despite this guy's efforts.