Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

If Hillary should become President, it will be the same old establishment once again running and ruining America. Why anyone would want to continue with the same old status nonsense of the establishment that Presidents like B.Clinton, Bush and Obama supported and carried on for decades is beyond me.

Well, as has been explained to you before.... Trying to replace the "establishment" like Clinton/Bush/Obama with someone like Trump would be like trying to cure athlete's foot with dinomite.

Trump is largely a failure as a businessman. He has had bankruptcy issues in the past. He is being sued over his Trump University by students who felt it was a scam (and ended up with a D- rating from the better business bureau). He has been sued (and forced to settle) after various real estate deals failed and left small investors in the hook. He opened a mortgage company right before the housing market collapsed, leaving many of his bills unpaid. (Granted, most people didn't see the housing crisis, but isn't Trump supposed to be a financial genius who's better than everyone?)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/01/ny-court-rules-fraud-charges-against-trump-university-can-proceed.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-mortgage-failed-heres-what-that-says-about-the-gop-front-runner/2016/02/28/f8701880-d00f-11e5-88cd-753e80cd29ad_story.html

According to the Committee for a Responsible Federal budget, Trump's tax plan would double the amount of federal debt over the next decade.

http://fiscalfactcheck.crfb.org/how-do-donald-trumps-campaign-proposals-so-far-add-up/

Bill Clinton and Obama have been far from perfect, yet under Clinton there was a string of years when there was pretty strong economic growth, and Obama has managed to guide the U.S. out of the recession.

I'd much rather have an established politician who knows how things work, both in politics and the world, than some failed businessman who lies about even the simplest things (e.g. not knowing who david duke is) who proposes plans that are both reckless (using pigsblood coated bullets, or engaging in war crimes to stop terrorism) or simply not feasible (e.g. magically forcing Mexico to pay for a wall).

It is plain as day that everyone here obviously listens to the establishment media that does not want Trump to become President.

Its amazing how easily people fall into that type of empty rhetoric. I'm surprised that you didn't start tossing around the world "sheeple".

The facts that I have given are just those... facts. There is video of Trump talking about 'pigs blood', even though the story of how it was used is fabricated. There is a video of Trump claiming he "didn't know Duke" even though it was easy to track down statements indicating that he did indeed know who he was. The lawsuits against Trump are a matter of public record. Despite your claim of "establishment media", every one of the facts I have posted here is completely true.

Go for Hillary, I am for Trump, and all the primaries have shown that the people want Trump. No one is perfect, especially Hillary. But if you think she is a darling...

Nope... we just consider her a better choice than a blowhard with multiple failed business ventures and a much greater track record of lies behind him.

I would like to see America great again, and Trump will make it happen.

How? By doubling the debt in a decade, as his tax policies would do? By engaging in war crimes?

Be honest here, could Trump make things any worse than what things are now?

Yes, he could.

His plan to "kill the families of terrorists" would be considered a war crime under the geneva convention. This would likely alienate any allies that the U.S. has, and leave it isolated. His tax plans would double the U.S. debt in a decade.

His past business dealings, plus his claims of "42% unemployment" show that he has very little real grasp of how the economy works.

And, he does have a habit of blaming those underneath him for his failures. So, if everything fails because he picked the wrong people, how exactly is he going to pick people to serve in his cabinet?

As good as any other...President Obama lied to Americans before and after being elected. Why is Trump being treated differently ?

Already explained this to you multiple times. Hopefully some day it will sink in.

First of all, Yes, Obama and other politicians have lied. The difference between Trump and those other politicians is both in the number of lies (as I pointed out, politifact has him lying at more than twice the rate of hillary), and the type of lies that he is using (e.g. the 'pigs blood' lie; if he is going to be dealing with other countries/cultures, it would be a good thing for him to do a little fact-checking before he starts spouting off).

Secondly, as I pointed out, it is not just Trump's lies... it is his policies (magically forcing Mexico to build a wall? Engaging in war crimes?), his failings as a businessman, and his inability to present a rational facade (the president must be able to interact with both other politicians in the U.S. and with other world leaders) that we have concerns should he become president.

Already explained this to you multiple times. Hopefully some day it will sink in.

First of all, Yes, Obama and other politicians have lied. The difference between Trump and those other politicians is both in the number of lies (as I pointed out, politifact has him lying at more than twice the rate of hillary), and the type of lies that he is using (e.g. the 'pigs blood' lie; if he is going to be dealing with other countries/cultures, it would be a good thing for him to do a little fact-checking before he starts spouting off).

Secondly, as I pointed out, it is not just Trump's lies... it is his policies (magically forcing Mexico to build a wall? Engaging in war crimes?), his failings as a businessman, and his inability to present a rational facade (the president must be able to interact with both other politicians in the U.S. and with other world leaders) that we have concerns should he become president.

Thanks....for some reason, Trump's candidacy has really rattled your usually level headed cage.

I don't care if candidates lie...or espouse policies already enacted by the U.S. Congress (e.g. Mexican border walls), or threaten massive deportations similar to those executed by the present Obama administration (2,000,000 deported to date).

"We" have concerns ? You're in Canada, remember ? FEAR is a very scary thing, I guess.

Sorry, looks like Trump just took the Georgia primary.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I'm surprised there hasn't been more media coverage on his trump university.

Well, for better or worse, many of the lawsuits Trump is facing are currently in the courts. (He may even need to take the stand some time during the election.)

From: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/01/ny-court-rules-fraud-charges-against-trump-university-can-proceed.html

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump suffered a legal setback on Tuesday when a New York state court allowed a multimillion-dollar fraud claim against Trump University, filed by the state's attorney general, to proceed. The claim is part of a lawsuit that accuses Trump and the now-defunct for-profit venture of misleading thousands of people, who paid up to $35,000 to learn the billionaire businessman's real estate investment strategies.

Class actions are pending in California on similar claims by former Trump University students.

The lower-court judge in Manhattan has already determined that Trump and his university are liable for operating illegally in New York state as an unlicensed educational institution.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432010/trump-university-scam

The second article goes into more details about how students were scammed... things like:

- Being promised that they would have contact with financial people but were not

- Claimed that the instructors were "hand picked" by Trump when again, they were not

- At one point students went on a field trip to look at old buildings, but the instructors gave no details about how they were supposed to fix them or make a profit from them

I don't care if candidates lie...or espouse policies already enacted by the U.S. Congress (e.g. Mexican border walls), or threaten massive deportations similar to those executed by the present Obama administration (2,000,000 deported to date).

And once again... my primary complaint is not that he proposed a border wall with Mexico. (I recognize that there are already sections of the border that are walled off.) My complaint is that he suggested he would somehow get Mexico to pay for it.

The idea that he could somehow get a foreign country to pay for something of primary concern to Americans is an extremely foolish notion, and shows that he does not have a good grasp of what is a reasonable course of action.

This has been explained to you multiple times. Please make an attempt to understand it.

"We" have concerns ? You're in Canada, remember ?

And, as I explained way back in my first post in this thread... my concern is that Trump is such an incompetent individual (multiple business failings, proposal to engage in war crimes, etc.) that he is likely to not only significantly harm the U.S., but to drag the rest of the world down too.

I do not like Cruz or Rubio, but any harm that is done will likely be limited in scope.

All of this has been explained to you before. Please try to understand it.

And once again... my primary complaint is not that he proposed a border wall with Mexico. (I recognize that there are already sections of the border that are walled off.) My complaint is that he suggested he would somehow get Mexico to pay for it.

Seriously ? That small piece of campaign bravado is what you are really opposed to ? It is pure campaign rhetoric....Mexican taxpayers can relax.

The idea that he could somehow get a foreign country to pay for something of primary concern to Americans is an extremely foolish notion, and shows that he does not have a good grasp of what is a reasonable course of action.

This has been explained to you multiple times. Please make an attempt to understand it.

See above.....it is you that perhaps does not have a good understanding of campaign rhetoric and dynamics. Reasonable is boring and doesn't get nearly as much free media attention.

BTW, President Obama got Canada to pay for a new bridge over the Detroit River...and customs plaza. Not bad, huh ?

And, as I explained way back in my first post in this thread... my concern is that Trump is such an incompetent individual (multiple business failings, proposal to engage in war crimes, etc.) that he is likely to not only significantly harm the U.S., but to drag the rest of the world down too.

As I suspected and opined many posts ago.....the FEAR is real, but not of Trump. It is the FEAR of what your own country/world may do.

This is an incredible admission of impotence and vulnerability to a media huckster and real estate developer from Queens.

How can he have such power ? Only in your mind.

I do not like Cruz or Rubio, but any harm that is done will likely be limited in scope.

All of this has been explained to you before. Please try to understand it.

Minimizing my ability to understand does not elevate your position.

Shall I ask you to please try and understand that Trump has every right to run and win the U.S. presidency regardless of what he says or how afraid it makes you in Canada ? If any U.S. president wants to do "harm", he/she will damn well do it. They all have....

Where do conservatives get off being so naive and immature about the broken promises and lies of politicians these days?

It's the nature of politics - that's what they tell me when I get a little whiny about how corrupt things are. Go eat a Snickers Bar or something.

Well, as has been explained to you before.... Trying to replace the "establishment" like Clinton/Bush/Obama with someone like Trump would be like trying to cure athlete's foot with dinomite.

---SNIP---

That is all America has done in the past few decades was violate many treaty or conventions that they have signed on to. America has committed lots of war crimes. So, what's your point?

Edited by Charles Anthony
excessive quoting; [---SNIP---]

Where do conservatives get off being so naive and immature about the broken promises and lies of politicians these days?

It's the nature of politics - that's what they tell me when I get a little whiny about how corrupt things are. Go eat a Snickers Bar or something.

I just ate a Snickers Bar, and I feel a lot better now. Chuckle-chuckle.

That is all America has done in the past few decades was violate many treaty or conventions that they have signed on to. America has committed lots of war crimes. So, what's your point?

Right...so why get all high and mighty over a possible President Trump ? The U.S. is going to bomb somebody no matter who is president. Hell, even Justin Trudeau has bombed people across the sea.

Right...so why get all high and mighty over a possible President Trump ? The U.S. is going to bomb somebody no matter who is president. Hell, even Justin Trudeau has bombed people across the sea.

I cannot picture America not being involved in a war somewhere. That is what keeps America go around and around. But I thought that Justin was a nice, kind, caring, loving, peace loving Canadian?

Seriously ? That small piece of campaign bravado is what you are really opposed to ? It is pure campaign rhetoric....Mexican taxpayers can relax.

---SNIP---

It is hard to believe that there are Canadians in fear and panic over the thought of a Trump Presidency. Boy, the media in this country can sure get some people all upset over nothing. I guess that may be due to the fact that they continue to listen to the establishment media. What would be nice if Canadians would do their own research on what the media tells therm, and check things out for themselves to see if what the media says is true or not instead of just allowing the media to do the thinking for them.

Edited by Charles Anthony
excessive quoting; [---SNIP---]

I think Canadians have nothing to fear. The Republican presidential choice will be Rubio and Kasich as VP ( or vice versa).

I would not assume that either Cruz or Trump will end up as the Republican choice.

The winner will have to end up with at least 1,237 votes (out of 2,472). At this time the Donald is holding a lead but there are lots of interesting things to come. If no one individual has the 1,237 votes after the first vote at the convention, then ALL delegates are free to switch to another candidate still in the running.

States that hold their primaries between March 1 and March 14 will award their delegates on a proportional basis, meaning that no one candidate could win the nomination before late-voting states get to hold their primaries.

States voting in March 15, or later, will award their delegates on a winner-take-all basis. That may create a large voter shift.

Then there the "bonus" delegates. These are the sitting party presidents, governors, Senators, House members and other chambers. These folks are staunch party members who may be reluctant to vote for the Anti-party Trump and the unpopular Cruz. This "bonus" group gets 419 votes.

All kinds of strange things can happen. Penalties (loss of votes) can be applied to states for different reasons. A new contender can be nominated from the assembly. Any delegation can be challenged for any voting irregularities.

I believe that the Republican Party is far stronger and better organized than the Donald. I predict that if Donald does not come into the convention with at least 1,237 delegates that he will not be the winner. A "stop Donald" wave will knock him off the podium. The Donald may be a billionaire but the party is made up and supported by a whole bunch of billionaires.

Wanna bet? They'll probably have to assassinate Trump to knock him off at this point.

Throw a galvanizing event like a major attack, a military disaster or other geopolitical crisis/setback into the mix at the right/wrong moment, especially with a despised democratic President in the White House, and Trump could win the biggest Republican landslide in history.

Everything is pretty much in free-fall now.

Wanna bet? They'll probably have to assassinate Trump to knock him off at this point.

Throw a galvanizing event like a major attack, a military disaster or other geopolitical crisis/setback into the mix at the right/wrong moment, especially with a despised democratic President in the White House, and Trump could win the biggest Republican landslide in history.

Everything is pretty much in free-fall now.

You may be correct but I have difficulty accepting the fact that the American political system is that susceptible to being highjacked by a person like Trump. I still feel that there are ways that the Republicans can make the Donald go away.

I have been told that perhaps some statistics show a way:

There are about 350 million guns in the USA.

There are about 320 million people in the United States.

It is estimated that 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older or about one in four adults suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.

Former NSA and CIA chief, Michael Hayden, says that Trump's campaign bluster involving the military, like targeting civilian family members or encouraging torture, is so illegal they would refuse to act on his wishes. In fact, he says the military is actually obligated to ignore illegal orders. Anyone that supports this stooge is just outing them self as an idiot or an a-hole. No wonder prominent Republicans are vowing to vote Hillary.

Take a look at this New York Times writeup from 1922 about Adolph Hitler and see if it reminds you of anyone.

Damn...I knew some folks were afraid of Donald Trump, but that's just 'off da chain' scared.

Trump must be doing something right. His name is still on the Toronto skyline.

Take a look at this New York Times writeup from 1922 about Adolph Hitler and see if it reminds you of anyone.

In his interview with Vincente Fox, Anderson Cooper's mannerism was quite incredulous when Fox compared Trump to Hilter. To some extent I think it's true that the Hilter comparisons gets thrown around too freely and may have lost some of their gravity, but the Donald Trump comparison is not that far-fetched. Not Adolf Hilter of WWII, not the guy at the end of his madness, but the up and coming Hilter who rallied a nation behind racism and ultra-nationalism.

Trump certainly wouldn't start gassing people but he would have no troubles nuking 6 million people while his Nazi followers cheer along.

I'm one of the people who thought calling Bush Jr. Hiltler was an insult, so I don't use the term lightly, but indeed, Trump has the potential to be a Hitler in the making.

In his interview with Vincente Fox, Anderson Cooper's mannerism was quite incredulous when Fox compared Trump to Hilter. To some extent I think it's true that the Hilter comparisons gets thrown around too freely and may have lost some of their gravity, but the Donald Trump comparison is not that far-fetched. Not Adolf Hilter of WWII, not the guy at the end of his madness, but the up and coming Hilter who rallied a nation behind racism and ultra-nationalism.

Far be it for me to defend Trump, and I'm not a fan at all, but that is both overly dramatic and would be akin to suggesting Bernie Sanders was the next Stalin because he rallies his supporters with anti-capitalism tones combined with ultra-statism.........let us not forget, Uncle Joe killed far more (of his own) people than Hitler........sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

Trump certainly wouldn't start gassing people but he would have no troubles nuking 6 million people while his Nazi followers cheer along.

Godwin's law aside, the 25th amendment (section 4), combined with the Pentagon's nuclear SIOP would prevent a President Trump from nuking someone that insulted him on Twitter.......

I'm one of the people who thought calling Bush Jr. Hiltler was an insult, so I don't use the term lightly, but indeed, Trump has the potential to be a Hitler in the making.

How is that? I suppose any politician that appeals to the masses through populism would also have the potential makings of another Hitler (or Stalin....or Mao...or Pol Pot etc) by that measure, and of course, that would include the likes of Obama, Sanders and even our own Trudeau.......