Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

So bad...but so important to Canada according to Justin Trudeau...it's not even funny,

how many times is that now? How many times over multiple threads have you continued to draw reference to those words "so important to us" that Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau made during that CBS network program '60 minutes' interview? Why do you insist in continuing to emphasize those words. Why is this SO IMPORTANT to you? That full quote in response to the 60 minutes question asked PM Trudeau what Canadians don't like about the U.S:

"You can't be Canadian without being aware of at least one other country, the United States, because it's so important to us," he said. "I think we sometimes like to think that, you know, Americans will pay attention to us from time to time, too."

now, again: Are you truly that naive and insular thinking that you're actually not aware of the important consequence Canada has to the United States... whether that's directly in terms of trade, natural resources, security, defense, border, etc.?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/david-cameron-refuses-to-apologise-for-calling-donald-trump-stupid-divisive-and-wrong_uk_572a0e3be4b0e6da49a5a491?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=canada&ir=Canada&section=ca_canada&

David Cameron has no intention of apologising to Donald Trump for calling him divisive, stupid and wrong, Downing Street has said.

Today, George Papadopoulos, a foreign policy adviser to Tump(sic) told The Times the prime minister should say sorry for his past criticisms.

However a spokesperson for Cameron said today: The prime minister has no intention of withdrawing his comments.

Awww ... poor little Tumpie got his feelings hurt!

Has Tump ever said "sorry" to anyone?

Meanwhile back on this side of the pond, former President Fox did issue an apology for things he said about Donald Trump:

During an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, former Mexican President Vicente Fox apologized Wednesday for the vulgar language he has used regarding GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s proposal to build a wall along the southern border and invited the likely Republican nominee to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/04/president-fox-apologizes-invites-trump-mexico/

Trump is feeling frisky... charging out today and using Sanders quotes against Clinton. Clinton campaign responds ... advising they intend to be very aggressive in responding to Trump attacks.

is Trump prepared to go up against the $1 billion Clinton war chest? Is he feeling... lucky?

first poll out since Trump has been left standing: CNN/ORC poll (May 4th) => Clinton 54%, Trump 41%... be afraid Canadians, be very afraid!

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/david-cameron-refuses-to-apologise-for-calling-donald-trump-stupid-divisive-and-wrong_uk_572a0e3be4b0e6da49a5a491?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=canada&ir=Canada&section=ca_canada&

David Cameron has no intention of apologising to Donald Trump for calling him divisive, stupid and wrong, Downing Street has said.

Today, George Papadopoulos, a foreign policy adviser to Tump(sic) told The Times the prime minister should say sorry for his past criticisms.

However a spokesperson for Cameron said today: The prime minister has no intention of withdrawing his comments.

Awww ... poor little Tumpie got his feelings hurt!

Has Tump ever said "sorry" to anyone?

Wait until Trump's the President, and then we'll see how things will unfold.

Boy, isn't Cameron suddenly the big hero now.

He has serious reasons to want to change the channel.....to cause a distraction: Panama connection. :)

Edited by betsy

Trump is feeling frisky... charging out today and using Sanders quotes against Clinton. Clinton campaign responds ... advising they intend to be very aggressive in responding to Trump attacks.

is Trump prepared to go up against the $1 billion Clinton war chest? Is he feeling... lucky?

first poll out since Trump has been left standing: CNN/ORC poll (May 4th) => Clinton 54%, Trump 41%... be afraid Canadians, be very afraid!

How did everyone regard Trump when the Republican race first began?

Remember, Trump is a businessman. He'll think and respond like one.

It's time for Democrats to get more worried about Candidate Trump

But those who believe the Trump nomination assures a Clinton victory are not giving enough weight to two important facts:

1. Hillary Clinton is a weak campaigner; Trump is a strong one. At its core, campaigning is about selling a product — the candidate. The reason Trump clobbered the Republican field is that he's a great salesman. Hillary Clinton is not. By her own admission, Clinton is much better at actually doing political jobs than campaigning to get them.

2. No one really knows what Trump believes or would do as president, but we do know that he'll say whatever he thinks will give him the best chance of winning. So far, Trump's pitch has been tailored to appeal to one particular voter constituency — the angry, fed-up right wing. Now that Trump has won over that constituency, he'll turn his sales efforts, and image, to winning another: the center.

A great salesperson figures out what customers want — and then persuades them that, if they buy the product, they'll get what they want.

In the Republican primary, Trump figured out what Republican voters wanted. And he persuaded enough of them that, if they chose him, they would get it.

And in that sales pitch, Trump will have another advantage: He's selling something positive.

Specifically, Trump is promising to "make America great again."

Hillary Clinton is already responding by selling something negative: "Prevent President Trump."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-candidate-2016-5

Hillary is worried about Trump. His unpredictability is a major factor.

Edited by betsy

How did everyone regard Trump when the Republican race first began?

as a xenophobic, racist, hate-mongering, blowhardy azzhole

Remember, Trump is a businessman. He'll think and respond like one.

notwithstanding those highly suspect business credentials, just how does a beauty pageant promoter and reality show huckster respond to world crisis events?

as a xenophobic, racist, hate-mongering, blowhardy azzhole

notwithstanding those highly suspect business credentials, just how does a beauty pageant promoter and reality show huckster respond to world crisis events?

Hillary isn't exactly smelling like roses either....since she's regarded as a crook, a liar, untrustworthy, and just in this for the money!

Focus on the context now, Waldo. Pay attention. We're talking about poll ratings, remember?

I was responding to what you said:

waldo

You even highlighted the numbers! (Boy....numbers again!) Stay on track, now. Are you with me?

You agree with me that everybody mocked the Donald when he first announced his candidacy? I bet his poll ratings were so low at the starting gate.

How many Donald clowns were featured on front pages?

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=donald+clown+face+new+york&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

Who's laughing now?

Edited by betsy

Focus on the context now, Waldo. Pay attention. We're talking about poll ratings, remember?

thanks for not hittin' me with the green text! You speak of context - my post focused on the competing attacks (of yesterday) and a poll... with ratings, remember?

you ask to focus on the context, you declare it as 'poll ratings'... you snidely reference numbers, and then you ignore all that and drop a link to 'Trump clown face'??? Wadda bout the context you thought to highlight?

and yes, the New York Daily News regularly skewers Trump... this was yesterday's front page - the death of the GOP, killed by an epidemic of Trump - enjoy

thanks for not hittin' me with the green text! You speak of context - my post focused on the competing attacks (of yesterday) and a poll... with ratings, remember?

you ask to focus on the context, you declare it as 'poll ratings'... you snidely reference numbers, and then you ignore all that and drop a link to 'Trump clown face'??? Wadda bout the context you thought to highlight?

and yes, the New York Daily News regularly skewers Trump... this was yesterday's front page - the death of the GOP, killed by an epidemic of Trump - enjoy

Well, silly me. And there I thought your focus was on the Donald.....with this statement:

Anyway, what are you on about yesterday's "competing attacks?" What's new about yesterday?

Hillary has been focusing ONLY ON TRUMP even when there were three amigos duking it out - like as if the other two didn't count! And Trump's been jabbing at Hillary. Nothing new there!

Yesterday was the start of the campaign for the general election. Just as he started low at the start of the Republican race.....Trump starts low again. Nothing to get excited about yet with Hillary leading......let's wait and see.

Btw, it's the DEMS STRATEGISTS that had said Trump is worrying for them. They'd rather debate with Cruz!

Edited by betsy

Well, silly me. And there I thought your focus was on the Donald.....with this statement:

yes - I will accept you are silly... since you want to beat on this; again, my post was 2-fold... you chose to declare its context/focus as singular - and you reinforce your disingenuous self by only quoting a portion of my post. On top of that you declared the context and then proceeded to reply with something that had no bearing on said context - well done! When you fabricate like this... does an Angel lose its wings? I note the fawning with your, "the Donald", reference!

Anyway, what are you on about yesterday's "competing attacks?" What's new about yesterday?

Yesterday was the start of the campaign for the general election.

"what's new about yesterday"? Really? Cruz suspended his campaign... I thought you would have known! You know, that attack from Trump was now officially from the presumptive Republican candidate since every other candidate has bailed. I thought you would have known. Yesterday's Trump attack holds that context... as does the Clinton campaign reply to it. I thought you would have known. Oh wait, you acknowledged yesterday as the start of the campaign for the general election... and yet you asked, "what's new about yesterday"! :lol:

The rest of the world is worried about Trump. His unpredictability is a major factor.

Then the 'rest of the world' only have themselves to blame....trying to influence an American election (like Trudeau and others have done with their criticisms) will only result in a defiant backlash that produces more votes for Donald Trump.

Meanwhile back on this side of the pond, former President Fox did issue an apology for things he said about Donald Trump:

During an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, former Mexican President Vicente Fox apologized Wednesday for the vulgar language he has used regarding GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s proposal to build a wall along the southern border and invited the likely Republican nominee to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/04/president-fox-apologizes-invites-trump-mexico/

Whats the difference between "apologizing for the things he said," as you wrote, and apologizing for how he said them, as the article states.

I think the title of this thread should be Republican FEAR Trump big time. Holy shmoley, I've never seen such a debacle - ever. McCain, Romney, both Bushes not attending the convention. Ryan not supporting him.

The poop has hit the fan.

With our burgeoning deficit, here's something to take note:

Trump mentioned Canada, lumped with other trading countries like China, South Korea, Japan, that will be scrutinized for trade deals. The news clip of that speech was featured on one of our news channel. I can't find it anywhere.

He'll also get rid of NAFTA, or re-negotiate.

For those who think we can now afford to ditch the USA, you need a head shake.

Canadians worry a Trump presidency will jeopardize US trade relations

To say that the two economies rely on each other would be an understatement. According to the US Census Bureau, Canada was responsible for 15.3% of foreign trade in January, second only to China (with 16.5%).

The US is Canada’s most significant trading partner by a far more significant margin, with 10 times more imports and 20 times more exports in 2014 than its next greatest trading partner, China, according to Statistics Canada.

“It’s by far and away our biggest trading partner,” confirmed Corinne Pohlmann, the senior vice-president of national affairs for the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB). Of CFIB’s 109,000 privately owned member companies, a vast majority of which are small businesses, 50% import from and 25% export to the United States.

“From a small- to medium-sized business perspective, it’s often the first place they dip into the trading pool, given that it speaks the same language, has a similar culture, and it’s a truck drive away rather than a ship or an airplane. It’s absolutely integral.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/mar/15/trump-impact-on-canada-us-trade-relations-nafta-republicans

Edited by betsy

Another elected Canadian FEARING Donald Trump....smugly telling Americans what they should do for her own province's self interest. Abrogate NAFTA....no softwood lumber deal !

"It's not helpful when down in the States there are serious presidential candidates who are talking about building a wall between Canada and the United States. Trade barriers are just another kind of wall," Clark said in an interview with Chris Hall on CBC Radio's The House.

"I'd remind Americans that America was never made great, and no American president is remembered as great, because he built walls.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/christy-clark-donald-trump-trade-1.3570958

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I think the title of this thread should be Republican FEAR Trump big time. Holy shmoley, I've never seen such a debacle - ever. McCain, Romney, both Bushes not attending the convention. Ryan not supporting him.

The poop has hit the fan.

Have you thought about why they're not supporting him...yet?

Have you thought about why they're not supporting him...yet?

Anything could change between now and November but I think it has to do with the fact that he is the only candidate who polls very badly against Clinton.

He has the potential to cause a lot of harm to anyone with a R beside their name.

Anything could change between now and November but I think it has to do with the fact that he is the only candidate who polls very badly against Clinton.

He has the potential to cause a lot of harm to anyone with a R beside their name.

But now he's their only chance. And, i'm sure that tanking or sabotaging their own leader is gonna cause more harm, so...why the lack of support?

But now he's their only chance. And, i'm sure that tanking or sabotaging their own leader is gonna cause more harm, so...why the lack of support?

If they think he's going to lose, how much harm can they do by not supporting him? You know what they say about what to do when you're up to your neck in poo....