Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

ya ya, apparently he used that "safety net" 4 times. When challenged on his business acumen, when asked if he has any personal decision making responsibility for those 4 bankruptcy filings, he simply says he just "used the system" available to him. Just as he's done in regards to outsourcing jobs - big time! He has the gall to denigrate companies for sending jobs beyond U.S. borders, while claiming he did/does so by simply "using the system" available to him... hypocrite - yes?

So what if he used it 50 times! If he's allowed to use it.....he can use it!

Yep. That's called, "using the system available to him."

Hypocritical??? Who doesn't use the system that's available to us?

You use all your tax deductions, right.....and milk it as long as you're allowed to, right? People draw on EI, on welfare?

Do you use our healthcare system.....or you go elsewhere outside Canada so you can pay out of your own pocket?

He's just stating a fact!

If you have any problems about people using the system.....your problem is with the system!

Elect someone who'll change it for you.

Edited by betsy

Sounds like you've never provided someone with credit just before they declared bankruptcy as a legal business strategy.

You just said it: legal business strategy.

If it's legal to do it, and it's been placed there to be used......why shouldn't anyone use it?

Or, is that a flaw in the system? If it is, then, the system ought to be changed.

If it's legal, and it's a business strategy that can be used......who's to say it's wrong?

Edited by betsy

Well you are convinced that Trump's multiple bankruptcies should have no bearing on his suitability to be President as that would be like being prejudicial of those who are seasonal pogey grifters......you then would have no hesitation voting for a seasonal logger for Prime Minister. It has no bearing on his ability to inspire/lead right?

We're both looking at it from different angles. You see his bankruptcies as a negative, whereas I see his bankruptcies (and his knack for rising up again and again), as a positive!

It didn't take long for Trump to get back on top. Look how many people he currently employs. How many jobs created (directly and indirectly) because of him!

Btw, how many US cities had gone bankrupt under Obama and his side-kick, Hillary?

If there's anyone who understands all about bankruptcies (and getting out of it).....that would be Trump.

See? He's got the experience.

Edited by betsy

In the context of my post where the only public record of him running a business I think it is fair to say that he benefitted himself first and the shareholders last.

No, it isn't fair of you to say! You don't know.

You're merely making assumptions unless you can support your claim with something credible.

We know, of course, that he benefits bankruptcy lawyers and accountants for his other corporations too, so there is that.

Which is to say that his public record for running a business is terrible and even his private record is bad too.

That's a very juvenile view.

I've posted this before, here it is again:

How many jobs has Trump actually created?

The state of New York says that "leisure and hospitality" companies like Trump's typically have a 1.5 multiplier effect.

Using that multiplier, the Trump Organization is responsible for about 34,000 jobs.

A more generous estimate would be to view the Trump Organization as a financial services or management company. Then the employment multiplier would be 3. That would bring jobs attributable to Trump to 67,000.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/03/news/economy/donald-trump-jobs-created/

Not bad for a "loser," eh? If that's the definition of a "loser," nowadays....I'd hate to think what we call a guy from skid row!

I bet everyone will be wishing he's a loser! :)

AS shown, your views are without any basis at all.

Edited by betsy

more gems in the just released transcript from the Washington Post Trump interview... #TrumpPivots, #TrumpTheGreatCommunicator

Trump refuses to answer direct questions; chooses to deflect/"pivot" by speaking to the physical looks of the questioner/editorial board:

-Trump responded to a question about his campaign rhetoric regarding Muslims by telling the editorial board member asking the question that she was beautiful

- Trump is asked a question about whether he would attack the ISIS terrorist group with nuclear weapons... he responds by telling the editorial board they are a "very good looking group of people". When pressed to answer the question, Trump again refuses to answer the question directly and states, "I’ll tell you one thing, this is a very good looking group of people here. Could I just go around so I know who the hell I’m talking to?"

what kind of Americans would support such a dimwit?

Him, not answering some pointed questions thrown at him.......that's a legitimate criticism.

Listening to the whole thing, he did answer a lot of questions, except some that which he probably intended to avoid.

Who knows, it could be part of his strategy.

HOWEVER, does that make him a dimwit? No.

According to journalist pundits on Meet The Press - Trump is the one in control of situations such as the way he managed to avoid answering the question, by graciously asking if he can meet the people in the room.

Who are these people? The EDITORIAL BOARD! These folks agreed to his request. He did ask permission, and they gave it! They fell neatly to that. Who's to blame? So, who's the actual dimwit? :D

Here's that interview:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2913694/donald-trump-interview-washington-post/

I wouldn't call somebody who can so smoothly take control of a whole group such as that in Washington, as a dimwit.

Actually, I'd say he's a "fast-wit".....if there is such a term. Imagine being able to SMOOTHLY turn the table so fast!

Just imagine him at the UN, dealin' with a lot of weasels! He'll be playing hoops around them so fast they wouldn't even know what just happened! :lol:

Edited by betsy

....who's to say it's wrong?

The people who gave him credit just before he declared bankruptcy, obviously.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it morally correct. He committed adultery, which is also legal, but are you going to say that's cool too?

Edited by BubberMiley

Just because something is legal doesn't make it morally correct. He committed adultery, which is also legal, but are you going to say that's cool too?

Look at Bill Clinton - a serial sex assaulter, an adulterer who used and abused his office! Hillary not only looked the other way, but she went after the women who came out accusing her husband! She's not only an enabler....but she's as guilty as her husband. What's the difference between her and the wife of a pedophile who knows that her husband abuses children and yet, protects her husband?

Of course I don't approve of adultery, and any other act deemed wrong in the eyes of my God.

But the law doesn't deal with morality. If it's legal, it means there's nothing wrong with it - in the eyes of the law.

How come suddenly, religion matters? Isn't it the position of liberals to have the two -religion and state - separate?

Edited by betsy

They didn't do their homemwork. Or, they willingly gambled with him.

Have you tried borrowing money from a bank?

Who lends money without digging up records, and properly assessing the situation?

If they lend money ....that's their mistake. They could've said, "Sorry, but we can't."

Edited by betsy

How come suddenly, religion matters? Isn't it the position of liberals to have the two -religion and state - separate?

But morality matters. Bernie is the only candidate with a Christian message and he's Jewish.

But I'm not surprised you're more than willing to overlook Trump's adultery. It's not like it's even a commandment...oh wait!

But morality matters. Bernie is the only candidate with a Christian message and he's Jewish.

But I'm not surprised you're more than willing to overlook Trump's adultery. It's not like it's even a commandment...oh wait!

Adultery is a sin....same as bearing false witness, twisting the truth to slander another person.

When Republican candidates had said that Trump was responsible for all the violence that happened in his rallies - nobody bothered to point out the facts that the protesters were the ones who instigated the violence, and that our freedom of free speech was being deliberately trampled by these agitators.

What rights do the protesters have in trying to prevent people who'd exercised their right to choose to listen to Trump, from exercising their rights to listen to Trump? The Christian candidates twisted facts, and pointed to Trump as the bully! Excuse me?

What about the speech of the Pope about good Christians and building walls?

Is it true.....the Pope is going to knock down the walls around the Vatican, as an example of a good Christian?

After all, aren't prophets supposed to lead by example?

How convenient to use Christianity for dirty politics. I don't think God prefers Christianity to be used this way. :)

----------------------------------------------

First of all.....when did he commit adultery? How do you know he hasn't asked forgiveness for them?

Who have not sinned? Who isn't battling with temptations everyday? Who is without any sin?

Second, who am I to judge? I can say that adultery is wrong - but to judge him as a person?

That's between him and God (I don't know if he's religious at all).

Morality matters, of course. But I'm saying, the law doesn't deal with morality. What we may deem immoral, isn't necessarily wrong in the eyes of the law.

Edited by betsy

First of all.....when did he commit adultery?

Second, who am I to judge? I can say that adultery is wrong - but to judge him as a person? That's between him and God (I don't know if he's religious at all).

I think judging is part of the electoral process. Voters judge candidates on whether they have the character to assume office. He has claimed to have had many affairs with married women. He was also with Marla Maples while still married to Ivanka.

I can see, however, that you would think God's commandments are only relevant when they apply to Hillary's husband.

And regarding the law, that's why I brought up adultery. It's only illegal under God's law. For some reason, you suddenly seem to not find that to be so important.

Edited by BubberMiley

No, it isn't fair of you to say! You don't know.

You're merely making assumptions unless you can support your claim with something credible.

That's a very juvenile view.

AS shown, your views are without any basis at all.

Since you obviously refuse to read the link I've posted at least twice now I don't see the point of any further discussion.

The evidence presented shows that the one and only time Trump ran a publicly traded corporation it turned out to be a disaster.

If it is juvenile to hold that view based on the publicly available evidence then I'm not only juvenile but also delinquent!

But at least my opinion is based on facts rather than blustery belief.

Edited by msj

Hypocritical??? Who doesn't use the system that's available to us?

yes, hypocrite! Trump has been on a tirade of late over American companies establishing outside the U.S. ...outsourcing jobs... the classic, "do as I say, not what I do"! Trump's companies, whether building hotels, resort development, clothing sources, etc., are principally located and/or source from outside the U.S.. But you choose to ignore that hypocrisy and align with the, "just using the system available". Well ya... so are all the companies Trump is hypocritically criticizing for doing exactly as he does. Hypocrite! And ya, you choose to ignore any questioning of the business acumen of the 4-time Trump bankruptcy filer; again, just deflecting that to, "using the system available"... clearly you must be enamored by Trump's, "very good brain", which he touts as such!

yes, hypocrite! Trump has been on a tirade of late over American companies establishing outside the U.S. ...outsourcing jobs... the classic, "do as I say, not what I do"! Trump's companies, whether building hotels, resort development, clothing sources, etc., are principally located and/or source from outside the U.S.. But you choose to ignore that hypocrisy and align with the, "just using the system available". Well ya... so are all the companies Trump is hypocritically criticizing for doing exactly as he does. Hypocrite! And ya, you choose to ignore any questioning of the business acumen of the 4-time Trump bankruptcy filer; again, just deflecting that to, "using the system available"... clearly you must be enamored by Trump's, "very good brain", which he touts as such!

Politics is neck-deep in hypocrisy. Look at Hillary - the so-called champion of women! What's new?

I already know what Clinton is all about, thanks to all her scandals. Cruz and Kasich - are just about your regular politician.

Trump? The new kid on the block. I want to see what he can do.

Edited by betsy

I really hope Trump gets in. The US 'Elections' have been a farcical spectacle for a long long time. It also shows how low the US has sunk when it comes to the options of Trump or Clinton.

All this talk about Trudeau being a rookie and Canada bashing, and yet I don't hear the same idiotic rhetoric out of him as I do with the contenders south of the 49th.

This Canadian is not afraid of Trump! I want him to destroy America!!!!

Trump? The new kid on the block. I want to see what he can do.

He can lie.

He can cheat.

He can steal ... defraud.

He can't answer straight questions.

He denigrates women.

He offends and disparages neighbour countries, friendly and not so friendly alike, with no awareness of consequences.

He seems to assume that the US can go it alone in the world, and make war on anyone who gets in his way.

He's a one-man show, a narcissist autocrat: not a smidgen of democratic capacity in him.

His money is inherited, not earned.

Seems right up your alley does he Betsy?

With his selfish/superior values, I just don't see his appeal to the religious right.

He's not exactly a model of 'Christian charity'.

Edited by jacee

I think judging is part of the electoral process. Voters judge candidates on whether they have the character to assume office. He has claimed to have had many affairs with married women. He was also with Marla Maples while still married to Ivanka.

I can see, however, that you would think God's commandments are only relevant when they apply to Hillary's husband.

And regarding the law, that's why I brought up adultery. It's only illegal under God's law. For some reason, you suddenly seem to not find that to be so important.

Yes, judging is part of practically everything that requires a decision to be made. You judge (or weigh things based on what you think is right)....and I'll do mine, based on what I think is right.

You're not grasping what I'm saying. Didn't I say adultery is wrong?

Bill was caught not only indulging in adultery....but abusing his authority and office.

Adultery wasn't what got Bill Clinton impeached!

After nearly 14 hours of debate, the House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-clinton-impeached

Edited by betsy

Yes, judging is part of practically everything that requires a decision to be made. You judge (or weigh things based on what you think is right way)....and I'll do mine, based on what I think is right.

You're not grasping what I'm saying. Didn't I say adultery is wrong?

Bill was caught not only indulging in adultery....but abusing his authority and office with an intern. Adultery wasn't what got him impeached!

Yes, Bill was terrible. I agree.

I just find it odd that you would happily support a serial adulterer who flaunted his flings in front of his now ex-wives and, when asked if he has ever asked for forgiveness, replied "Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if youre not making mistakes?"

Why not support Bernie, whose campaign is most aligned with the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Edited by BubberMiley

Guys.....when all of you start insisting to invoke the 10 Commandments, and insist on bringing religion into the mix -

you look very desperate. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel. :D

I suppose all my points about your non-religion-based criticisms about Trump....were all effectively, trumped. :P

So what's next? Appeal to her religious belief! That's so very pathetic.

Gee, suddenly you latch onto Christian religion like a leech on flesh. How many among you are even Christians? :lol:

Edited by betsy

Yes, Bill was terrible. I agree.

I just find it odd that you would happily support a serial adulterer who flaunted his flings in front of his now ex-wives and, when asked if he has ever asked for forgiveness, replied "Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if youre not making mistakes?"

Why not support Bernie, whose campaign is most aligned with the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Whatever sins he may've committed, and whatever sins he refuse to acknowledge.....it's not for me to judge.

That's between him and God. As simple as that. Bible-based.

Hey, didn't Saul of Tarsus become an Apostle despite him hunting down and persecuting Christians?

Who knows....who's to say that Trump isn't given a special role to play?

Who ever wins to lead the USA, all Christians can do is to pray that he/she may be guided by the Holy Spirit, that he/she may do what's righteous in the eyes of God. That's all I can say, religion-wise.

Edited by betsy

Guys.....when all of you start insisting to invoke the 10 Commandments, and insist on bringing religion into the mix -

you look very desperate. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel. :D

I suppose all my points about your non-religion-based criticisms about Trump....were all effectively, trumped. :P

So what's next? Appeal to her religious belief! That's so very pathetic.

Gee, suddenly you latch onto Christian religion like a leech on flesh. How many among you are even Christians? :lol:

I'll tell you straight up and risk suspension.......if you can't feel the passive mocking as opposed to interpreting it as defending the argument I pity you. The debate stopped multiple posts ago. That's all this site is......from our resident state controlled media expert.....to our favourite anti-melanin tax clerk......there are 3 posts of debate before someone is just feigning debate and begins mocking the opposition.