Britain Sets Date for EU Referendum -- Brexit

scribblet

A devalued currency means tourism is much cheaper, and tourism is a major industry in the UK. In addition, it makes their exports cheaper to other countries, so they will sell more, thus employing more people. The only problem with a devalued currency is it makes imports more expensive, but that just makes locally produced goods and services cheaper.

All the doom and gloom was just scare tactics by the globalist elites. The British people will survive just fine. The only people who will lose are the ones who had an investment in belonging to the EU. The EU was nothing more than a communist type of dictatorship. I only hope this Brexit will lead to the end of the EU , an unelected and an undemocratic outfit that is a danger to rights and freedom.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, what is all this about the EU "dictating" immigration policy anyway?

I just read the EU website concerning immigration policy and it says this: ( http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/who-does-what/more-information/explaining-the-rules-why-are-there-eu-rules-and-national-rules_en#EUImmRules )

Exceptions to EU-wide rules

EU-wide immigration rules generally apply in 24 out of the EU’s 27 countries. The following exceptions apply:

Denmark does not apply EU-wide rules which relate to immigration, visa and asylum policies.

Ireland and the United Kingdom choose, on a case-by-case basis, whether or not to adopt EU rules on immigration, visa and asylum policies.

National Immigration Rules

Each EU country alone decides:

• The total number of migrants that can be admitted to the country to look for work;
  • All final decisions on migrant applications;
  • Rules on long-term visas – stays for periods longer than three months; and
  • Conditions to obtain residence and work permits when no EU-wide rules have been adopted.

Can you imagine the mess it would be in if we'd let the French or the Spanish do it?

I hope that all the EU countries do the same and pull a Brexit. The only people who will lose are the globalist elite banksters like the Rothchilds. Their one world government looks like it is starting to fall apart. But they should be ok. I read that the Rothchild family is worth over $500 trillion. Pretty good money savers, aren't they. But if you print a nations money, one could have a zillion dollars in ones bank account easy enough.

The margin of victory for the leaving vote was quite slim and will cause issues down the road if it has not already.. I would have preferred a 70% + vote in favor of whatever.

I would have liked to have seen a higher percentage for leaving also. But the deed is done and I am glad to see that Britain will be saying goodbye to the EU. It was an unelected and undemocratic entity anyway where the people had no say. The EU took, not shared. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

There is a precedent of what happens with separation or the threat of separation. In the 1990's talk of Quebec separation was becoming serious with many pushing for a referendum.

Of Canada's top 500 companies measured by gross revenue, 96 were located in Montreal in 1990. By 2011 (the latest year of available data), there were 75 -- a decline of 21.9 per cent. Montreal's national share of these headquarters dropped over the same period to 15.0 per cent in 2011 from 19.2 per cent in 1990.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/charles-lammam/corporate-montreal_b_2583855.html

It will be interesting to see how many major corporations start to move their headquarters out of the UK.

I hope that all the EU countries do the same and pull a Brexit. The only people who will lose are the globalist elite banksters like the Rothchilds. Their one world government looks like it is starting to fall apart. But they should be ok. I read that the Rothchild family is worth over $500 trillion. Pretty good money savers, aren't they. But if you print a nations money, one could have a zillion dollars in ones bank account easy enough.

I think you misintepreted my post here. I was replying to a post about the British Empire.

I actually hope the French and the Spanish, every other country really, does leave the EU.. What fun!

There is a precedent of what happens with separation or the threat of separation. In the 1990's talk of Quebec separation was becoming serious with many pushing for a referendum.

Of Canada's top 500 companies measured by gross revenue, 96 were located in Montreal in 1990. By 2011 (the latest year of available data), there were 75 -- a decline of 21.9 per cent. Montreal's national share of these headquarters dropped over the same period to 15.0 per cent in 2011 from 19.2 per cent in 1990.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/charles-lammam/corporate-montreal_b_2583855.html

It will be interesting to see how many major corporations start to move their headquarters out of the UK.

In Quebec's situation, the rest of Canada was forced to take up the slack. Quebec always wins no matter what happens there. After all they pretty much run the country when one thinks about how many french PM's Canada has had over the decades. They made sure that they always ended up on the winning side. The British people will do just fine. They are a tough people. I am happy for them, and they just may do better out of the EU anyway. At least that is what some of them believe. When a country is controlled by an outside source, that is not good for that country. Nationalism is back for Britain.

I love this headline ... ( http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/boris-johnson-looked-sick-because-he-has-no-idea-how-fix-national-disaster-hes-bequeathed-us-1567413 )

Boris Johnson looked sick - because he has no idea how to fix the national disaster he's bequeathed us

Cameron had made up his mind before the count that he would resign should the vote go "Leave". It was pretty laughable for 84 top exiters to prod him (Cameron) that he has "a mandate and a duty..." to carry on no matter what the vote.

I love that he basically said "Fk u" and dumped it on whoever.... hopefully Johnson...

I think you misintepreted my post here. I was replying to a post about the British Empire.

I actually hope the French and the Spanish, every other country really, does leave the EU.. What fun!

Fun alright. Especially if it affects the globalist elites. The biggest losers here if they start to lose their power and authority over a nations wealth. Works for me.

I love this headline ... ( http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/boris-johnson-looked-sick-because-he-has-no-idea-how-fix-national-disaster-hes-bequeathed-us-1567413 )

Boris Johnson looked sick - because he has no idea how to fix the national disaster he's bequeathed us

Cameron had made up his mind before the count that he would resign should the vote go "Leave". It was pretty laughable for 84 top exiters to prod him (Cameron) that he has "a mandate and a duty..." to carry on no matter what the vote.

I love that he basically said "Fk u" and dumped it on whoever.... hopefully Johnson...

The whoevers are crapping their drawers today. They should go live in Germany because they are starting to stink the place up. Works for me.

This is a bit too simplistic. Its true that immigration was a big factor in the vote but just because someone is concerned about immigration does not mean they are racists. Further more the euro-skeptic movement in the UK has been growing for a long time... decades. And its really about the loss of sovereignty and people losing the ability to govern themselves in a national democracy.

Was racism a motivation for many on the LEAVE side? Sure... but its still a lot more complicated than that.

I'm not a racist, and I'm generally in favor of letting in quite a few immigrants, but I STILL wouldnt want Canada's immigration policy to be set by a bunch of bureaucrats and bankers in another country that are not even directly accountable to Canadian voters.

I think if you took the racist votes out, it would have been 'remain'.

Apparently Farage had this so say a few months ago:

In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_576e6585e4b08d2c56393f12?edition=uk

Interesting given that a petition asking for clear majority of 60% already has 2 million signatures.

I would have liked to have seen a higher percentage for leaving also. But the deed is done and I am glad to see that Britain will be saying goodbye to the EU. It was an unelected and undemocratic entity anyway where the people had no say. The EU took, not shared. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36626201

Moody's has already cut the UK's credit rating credit outlook to negative. Already things are better, right?

Edited to correct mis-read of article. My bad.

Edited by Icebound

Apparently Farage had this so say a few months ago:

In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_576e6585e4b08d2c56393f12?edition=uk

And his words are no different then those of the SNP or Irish Republicans.....or the Bloc in Quebec.

Interesting given that a petition asking for clear majority of 60% already has 2 million signatures.

You mean a redo until they get it right? Odd, that doesn't seem very Democratic.......much like the EU did with the Danes over Maastricht.....keep voting until you get it "right".....

We've already heard how 63% of the eligible voters didn't vote for leave. These people who make these statements forget to mention that even a larger number of voters didn't vote for remain either. People who lose a referendum tend to include the non-voters on their side and then claim to have a majority.

We've already heard how 63% of the eligible voters didn't vote for leave. These people who make these statements forget to mention that even a larger number of voters didn't vote for remain either. People who lose a referendum tend to include the non-voters on their side and then claim to have a majority.

Exactly, Ulster and Scotland had the lowest voter participation across the entire UK.......and now they want a redo? :rolleyes:

And his words are no different then those of the SNP or Irish Republicans.....or the Bloc in Quebec.

You mean a redo until they get it right? Odd, that doesn't seem very Democratic.......much like the EU did with the Danes over Maastricht.....keep voting until you get it "right".....

Don't shoot the messenger. It was Farage who said 52% is unfinished business. ;)

Quite an interesting role reversal going on. Normally it seems like the pro-business trade-loving right are the ones supporting trade pacts, while progressives oppose globalization. But on the Brexit, it seems like the right have abandoned their enthusiasm for trade, while the progressives are decrying it as a great tragedy. I assume that this unusual shift has come about because the right want less immigration while the progressives are heartbroken at the prospect of fewer brown-people entering Britain.

Personally, my cynicism is telling me that anything that the big banks and big financial institutions and big businesses and establishment politicians all support is probably not in the best interests of Average Joe.

Ok, to frame this in less controversial terms:

Generally, progressives oppose globalization and free-trade deals. I feel that they've taken the opposite approach in this instance because they were sold the idea that a vote against Brexit is a vote against racism and xenophobia. My feeling is that progressives are angry about this not because Britain left a massive free trade bloc, but because they believe that racism and xenophobia won, and multiculturalism lost.

Conversely, those who generally champion big banks and big business yet supported Brexit are unconcerned with the economic fallout from this for pretty much the same reason. They believe this is the first victory in a battle to keep Europe European.

-k

Don't shoot the messenger. It was Farage who said 52% is unfinished business. ;)

Farage is already being elbowed out by his own side:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/25/furious-nigel-farage-to-take-control-of-britains-exit-from-the-e/

... and there is video of their 350million-pound NHS lie.... (not sure if he is the good guy or otherwise since he has been "ostracized" ???) but the hangover continues seriously.

Edited by Icebound

I'm not shooting anyone :)

But this, like "renewed" calls for Ulster and Scotland exiting are just that.......the stay side isn't happy with the results and a segment of Ulster/Scotland still want to go it alone......what else is new.