Britain Sets Date for EU Referendum -- Brexit

scribblet

Kacee: There are numerous financial hubs in the plural sense.

"It attracts forieign investers."

So? London is the capital of England, should it be ruled by the interests of foreign investors? If the medium is money, then the message is one of rule by money. One global empire replaced by a globalist empire of the monied elite.

"The fact that it is tolerant of foreigners keeps it unique and a role model for other capital cities."

That doesn't make it unique at all. It is common in major cities.

"You won't find that dynamic in any other european city."

Yes you will.

"And what do you mean EU is losing its numerous cultures and who are exactly these foreigners you keep referring to??"

It is obvious. The EU has numerous cultures whose heritage has been there for millennia. It is the European Union e.g. the Union of Europeans, not Muslims and of the rest of the world, but they have treated it as the latter rather than the former. The globalist union.

"With all respect but you are giving me alot of of idioms like neoliberalism, colonilisation, globalisation etc, etc with little substance of what this has to do with UK exiting EU!!"

The EU promotes all of those, which are various forms of each other. By leaving the EU Britain re-establishes its sovereignty and can head in the opposite direction of those values if it so chooses.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know?

Again I ask you the question who are these foreigners you keep referring to??

Because I"ve seen how it works. When I passed through Calais there were two lineups for entry, one for those in the EU and another for those not in the EU. There were only myself and a Mexican in one line and the other line most of them were Islamics in a long line up. They just let them all pass through without any questions.

Also I used to work in the UK on a farm and there were numerous illegal labourers there mostly from the Baltics being paid a fraction of minimum wage.

Edited by G Huxley

Except that both sides of the spectrum made immigration/refugees a big part of the debate regarding leave/remain. Again, you can't spend a year calling people ignorant racists and then expect them to vote for you.

So you agree that it is on both sides of the camp that's a good start....

However, it is one thing to call someone racist abd it is another to lie and misrepresent a fact to win a campaign....nigel farage from ukip has explicitly stated in his campaign that refugees are at the doorstep of UK. That is a blatant lie and distortion of facts....Now if you don't know that the truth is distorted you will believe whatever is spoonfed to you.

So you agree that it is on both sides of the camp that's a good start....

However, it is one thing to call someone racist abd it is another to lie and misrepresent a fact to win a campaign....nigel farage from ukip has explicitly stated in his campaign that refugees are at the doorstep of UK. That is a blatant lie and distortion of facts....Now if you don't know that the truth is distorted you will believe whatever is spoonfed to you.

I think the leave vote was driven much less by the statements of the leave campaign than by people's disillusionment with the status quo and the statements and people representing the remain campaign. This vote was a referendum on the state of the UK over the last decade or so.

I think the leave vote was driven much less by the statements of the leave campaign than by people's disillusionment with the status quo and the statements and people representing the remain campaign. This vote was a referendum on the state of the UK over the last decade or so.

Indeed, we should remember that Blair and Cameron messed up all these countries which led to their refugees overrunning Europe.

Because I"ve seen how it works. When I passed through Calais there were two lineups for entry, one for those in the EU and another for those not in the EU. There were only myself and a Mexican in one line and the other line most of them were Islamics in a long line up. They just let them all pass through without any questions.

Hiw did you know they were islamics? Did you interrogate them or was it written on their foreheads? For all you know they could have been second or third generations of indians that are as much british as the white brits....

Also I used to work in the UK on a farm and there were numerous illegal labourers there mostly from the Baltics being paid a fraction of minimum wage.

Whilst i am not denying what you are telling me but could be a scenario in any country in this day and age including canada. What has this got to do with colonization?

"nigel farage from ukip has explicitly stated in his campaign that refugees are at the doorstep of UK. That is a blatant lie and distortion of facts...."

That is totally true, just look at what is happening at Calais.

For god sake what are you talking about!?

Most of these refugees are held in Croatia! It is miles away from the doorsteps of UK! These refugees cannot leave! What has that got to do with UK!?!?!?!

Edited by kactus

What has status quo got to do with immigration? Granted that the status quo in brussel or taking ownership of their country was the catalyst for change and voting no not immigration.

London is the hub of financial world. Not even Frankfurt nor Paris comes anywhere close.

In Europe, yes. It is however way smaller than New York (both NYSE & Nasdaq individually), and a bit smaller than Tokyo. Euronext (Paris/Amsterdam/Brussels) however is biting on the heels of London for equity markets. After they leave the EU however I suspect that the LSE will take a severe blow.

"Hiw did you know they were islamics? Did you interrogate them or was it written on their foreheads? For all you know they could have been second or third generations of indians that are as much british as the white brits...."

I know the difference between Middle Eastern people and Indians geez.

"

Whilst i am not denying what you are telling me but could be a scenario in any country in this day and age including canada."

That's the point, its like this all over the world. That is globalization.

"What has this got to do with colonization?"

If they have a kid in the country, then the kids become citizens, meaning the country is being colonized.

I think Europe is clearly showing that Westerners no longer need to be resigned to the planned destruction of their own cultures.

They showed it once before and that ended with over 12 million innocent people dead. It's interesting watching some Jews cheer on a movement that is packed with a lot of racism and hateful rhetoric.

Look at the people who are leading these anti-immigration crusades: Le Pen and Wilder - This is what you're cheering for.

The good news is that, unlike what some people here want to think, the nationalist movements which are mostly anti-immigration, although they are receiving increasing support, are not the majority in almost all of the countries.

Here is a list of nationalist parties in Europe and their support.

Appreciate it's your opinion but don't agree with it.

How is that an opinion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_immigration_to_the_United_Kingdom

Immigration into the UK has tripled from ~200k/year in the early 90s to ~600k/year in the current decade. That rate of the immigration is the status quo, and it's indeed a massive rate of immigration, especially given that most of it is focused on just a few urban areas.

They showed it once before and that ended with over 12 million innocent people dead. It's interesting watching some Jews cheer on a movement that is packed with a lot of racism and hateful rhetoric.

Look at the people who are leading these anti-immigration crusades: Le Pen and Wilder - This is what you're cheering for.

The good news is that, unlike what some people here want to think, the nationalist movements which are mostly anti-immigration, although they are receiving increasing support, are not the majority in almost all of the countries.

Here is a list of nationalist parties in Europe and their support.

Indeed. I've said many times on these forums that Europe is likely to ignore a problem (or perceived problem) and then drastically over react to it. Germany's legacy of the Holocaust is not lost on me. European countries tend to bottle up their internal tensions and then release them in a bloodbath.

And yes, these parties are not the majorities, but their vote shares are rising. And mainstream European parties will have no one but themselves to blame as they sit idly by watching growing tension and discontent, and let far right parties dominate the discourse on this important topic.

It would have been much preferable if mainstream parties had set immigration rates at reasonable levels over the last few decades. They didn't, instead flooding the continent with newcomers, and this has caused massive social and economic tensions. And now those tensions are starting to come to a head.

The Neoliberal left has also caused a bloodbath in the Middle East (goaded on by the Jewish Neoconservatives in the US) and that is what all these refugees/migrants are fleeing from.

"Neoconservatives typically advocate the promotion of democracy and promotion of American national interest in international affairs, including by means of military force and are known for espousing disdain for communism and for political radicalism.[5][6] The movement had its intellectual roots in the Jewish monthly review magazine Commentary, published by the American Jewish Committee.[7][8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

Edited by G Huxley

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You mean like India?"

Yes, they benevolently left in the late 1940s and then the innocent people of India massacred each other into the millions to Gandhi's horror.

massacre (or Amritsar massacre) of hundreds of peaceful civilians by British troops

Not "benevolent".

Edited by jacee

I don't think so. I think what we'll see is a competition between Paris and Frankfurt to woo the financial sector after London loses economic clout.

I doubt, more likely the opposite..the financial sector is all about future stability...what's done is done with the United Kingdom. The British now, will control all of their own sovereign interests, a partial revision to the Victorian Empire economy.........the European Union is the one that will face growing instability as other countries leave (or look to leave) the Union.............expect Sweden and Denmark to follow along, and very likely Italy, the Netherlands and the Greeks......if/when the Nordic countries leave, the French and Germans will be tied to a bunch of weak economic countries....I'd be surprised if the Germans let themselves get to that point.

The British leaving the EU is as historic for Europe as the collapse of the Soviet Union and the death of Mercantilism......and borrows many parallels from both.

What I've been browsing through the various news-sites regarding this British referendum one thing strikes me above anything else; The globalists can't handle a defeat in a dignified manner but resort to childish tantrums.

Maybe it is because those people have very little experience of defeats and setbacks that once when things aren't going their way they become clueless in their reactions.

It all speaks in favour that the British people voted exactly right.

Exactly and I'm surprised more Canadians don't share this opinion........those that disagree I would ask this:

Would you favor an economic union comprised of all North and South American countries? Acknowledging that the United States would have the most clout in setting each nations policies and we'd be competing even more with not only low cost South American agriculture and manufacturing, but labour?

If this were a bad deal for Canada, why is the opposite expected of the United Kingdom?