Britain Sets Date for EU Referendum -- Brexit

scribblet

Ah, so your original post was so much crap, then, huh?

I mean, it was YOU who sneered at the overpaid British workers who were lazy. So are the immigrants who come in and are willing to work harder for less money a figment of your imagination or not?

If you don''t have the capacity to be civil in a discussion I can take the same course but I understand tbe mods here may not like it. So I let you off. Besides I refuse to stoop to your level....

On i migration let me remind you that it was you who suggested that the immigrants work like a dog for a few pennies not me! Let's get the records straight! it is a known fact the poles and many immigrants in UK deliver many handicraft work at a much lower salary and above miminum wage. It is a known fact that many nurses working in NHS hospitals in UK are of foreign origin typically indians, philipinos who are prepared to put lng hours and save lives! Because many brits won't put up with the long and demanding working hours many of these nurses have to put up with. That is what keeps their economy thriving and MP's like Boris Johnson know that fully well

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word modern word xenophobia has been completely reversed of what it actually meant to the Greeks who created the word.

The Ancient Greek concept of xenophobia was that someone who didn't provide hospitality for a guest was a xenophobe (fear of guests 'xenos').

It didn't mean that one allowed one's country to be colonized (the modern sense). The Greeks fought tooth and nail against being colonized, a perfect example being the battle of Thermopylae. The moderns consider defending one's land to be xenophobia, while the Ancients would have thought them and rightly so to be insane.

Nobody's colonizing us.

Such nonsense.

So far, the value of the currency has devalued to worse than 'Black Wednesday'. The worst drop in the currency for 31 years. The governor of bank of England proposed £250bn to salvage the economy since the announcement. Many brits are already shell shocked and delusioned by the propaganda that has been fed by both camps. The reality is as said before a service based economy like UK is heavily reliant on EU will struggle in the next few years. This coupled with unemployment, job insecurity in many multi national corporates will be the starting point for a 'technical' recession. Only time will tell...

Edited by kactus

I really don't believe this is about immigration. This is about economics... but maybe if Britain does not help with wars elsewhere, they would not be seeing this mass immigration from the M.E.

Within 6 months you will see another nation in the EU leaving the union.. and as I stated before .. that will be Germany.

Nobody's colonizing us.

Such nonsense.

Only if your eyes are completely shut.

All the stores in the village I grew up in were just bought by the Chinese in one fell swoop and now they are buying up all the properties.

Similarly the number of Islamic people in Canada has doubled within the last 20 or so years from 500,000 to 1 million. At the present rate of increase, Islam will be the dominant religion in Canada in only a few generations.

Edited by G Huxley

I really don't believe this is about immigration. This is about economics... but maybe if Britain does not help with wars elsewhere, they would not be seeing this mass immigration from the M.E.

Within 6 months you will see another nation in the EU leaving the union.. and as I stated before .. that will be Germany.

I see the EU collapsing and this being like the beginning of the fall of the Soviet Union. Imo it will be Scandinavia, or the Balkans, but most probably Scandinavia that goes first.

Sure, other European countries in the far right camps may follow Brexit by example. Nexit, Swexit and god knows what else...

The whole premise to base it on immigration is completely false and diesn't add up

Sure, other European countries in the far right camps may follow Brexit by example. Nexit, Swexit and god knows what else...

The whole premise to base it on immigration is completely false and doesn't add up

Edited by kactus

And then they benevolently decolonized half the world. So why are you being racist against the British?

This is the cruel spiteful mentality of Christian morality combined with Neoliberal Globalism. It is a form of ressentiment turned to schadenfreude and todestrieb towards one's own culture, people and country.

Edited by G Huxley

Immigration is reality. Have you been to London lately? Seen many people of British heritage there?

That's what makes London unique because of its diverse culture and attraction for foreign investment...

The question still stands...what has this got to do with european union?

Edited by kactus

And then they benevolently decolonized half the world.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You mean like India?

The spark that ignited a national protest was overwhelming anger at the Jallianwala Bagh massacre (or Amritsar massacre) of hundreds of peaceful civilians by British troops in Punjab. Many Britons celebrated the action as needed to prevent another violent uprising similar to the Rebellion of 1857,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi

So why are you being racist against the British?

This is the cruel spiteful mentality of Christian morality combined with Neoliberal Globalism. It is a form of ressentiment turned to schadenfreude and todestrieb towards one's own culture, people and country.

I'm Irish. :)

Edited by jacee

That's what makes London unique because of its diverse culture and attraction for foreign investment...

The question still stands...what has this got to do with european union?

How is that unique? Every major city is like that now. There is nothing unique about globalization it is the destruction of all that is unique.

"The question still stands...what has this got to do with european union"

It is a microcosm of all the major cities in the European Union. The EU is losing its numerous cultures by being overwhelmed by foreigners. It is being colonized by the new neoliberal class.

Edited by G Huxley

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You mean like India?"

Yes, they benevolently left in the late 1940s and then the innocent people of India massacred each other into the millions to Gandhi's horror.

And speaking of Amritsar. Indira Gandhi the daughter of the first Indian Prime Minister Nehru, massacred the Sikhs at their most sacred temple in Amritsar.

"Casualty figures of Operation Blue Star given by Kuldip Singh Brar put the number of deaths among the Indian army at 5,000 and injuries at 7,000.[20] According to the official estimate presented by the Indian government, 20,000 civilians were killed,[9][10] though numbers put forward by independent human rights organizations are significantly higher.[21] In addition, the CBI is considered responsible for seizing historical artifacts and manuscripts in the Sikh Reference Library, before burning it down."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Blue_Star

I'm Irish. :)"

Well then culturally you are permitted some schadenfreude against the British, however incidentally the same has happened in Ireland. I saw a recent documentary show on Dublin. (Waterfront Cities of the World episode Dublin). In the 60s/70s the government cleared all the tenements in the city center and deported the Irish from the city center to the suburbs to 'clean it up.' Then in the 90s the government decided that it needed to 'stimulate the economy' by bringing in foreigners from all over the world to the then deserted city center. So now the city center is not Irish, it is all foreigners. This is genocide by a government against its own people. Neoliberal globalism in a nutshell.

Edited by G Huxley

How is that unique? Every major city is like that now. There is nothing unique about globalization it is the destruction of all that is unique.

It is a microcosm of all the major cities in the European Union. The EU is losing its numerous cultures by being overwhelmed by foreigners. It is being colonized by the new neoliberal class.

I think Europe is clearly showing that Westerners no longer need to be resigned to the planned destruction of their own cultures. The voting majorities to prevent it seem to be materializing. It's still not too late, EU countries just need to reduce immigration rates to about 0.2% of population/year rather than 1% of population/year and equilibrium could still be restored.

London is the hub of financial world. Not even Frankfurt nor Paris comes anywhere close. It attracts forieign investers. The fact that it is tolerant of foreigners keeps it unique and a role model for other capital cities. You won't find that dynamic in any other european city. And what do you mean EU is losing its numerous cultures and who are exactly these foreigners you keep referring to??

With all respect but you are giving me alot of of idioms like neoliberalism, colonilisation, globalisation etc, etc with little substance of what this has to do with UK exiting EU!!

I think Europe is clearly showing that Westerners no longer need to be resigned to the planned destruction of their own cultures. The voting majorities to prevent it seem to be materializing. It's still not too late, EU countries just need to reduce immigration rates to about 0.2% of population/year rather than 1% of population/year and equilibrium could still be restored.

Again....This shouldn't be the precursor for leaving the EU. Tighter regulations yes but not the precursor.

Immigration is reality. Have you been to London lately? Seen many people of British heritage there?

Yes, I do go to London frequently, including in two weeks time. I do see many people of Birtish heritage people there. Oh, do you mean white people? Yes, I see plenty of those too.

Again....This shouldn't be the precursor for leaving the EU. Tighter regulations yes but not the precursor.

Except that both sides of the spectrum made immigration/refugees a big part of the debate regarding leave/remain. Again, you can't spend a year calling people ignorant racists and then expect them to vote for you.

London is the hub of financial world. Not even Frankfurt nor Paris comes anywhere close. It attracts forieign investers. The fact that it is tolerant of foreigners keeps it unique and a role model for other capital cities. You won't find that dynamic in any other european city. And what do you mean EU is losing its numerous cultures and who are exactly these foreigners you keep referring to??

With all respect but you are giving me alot of of idioms like neoliberalism, colonilisation, globalisation etc, etc with little substance of what this has to do with UK exiting EU!

EU financial business in London is very substantial. Actually, it was substantial, because 100% of the business that the EU members did via London will be reduced to something approaching zero.

There is no way to pretend otherwise: the UK financial services sector took a very heavy blow today. Lots of jobs are gone and they will not be back.