Islamophobia in Canada

And our accomplices are them.

Our accomplices do not include the vast vast majority of poor souls we help to keep under their thumbs.

The oppressed are not responsible for the actions of their oppressors. We OTOH are responsible for our's which places us squarely amongst the guiltiest.

Yes, the less than 1% clearly speaks for the rest.

Sufism is one particular sect that clearly speaks to peace; there are others. In fact, according to Pew research, the majority of Muslims believe that ISIS does not represent Islam. A minority support ISIS ideology and methods.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/17/in-nations-with-significant-muslim-populations-much-disdain-for-isis/

http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/11/17/views-of-isis-topline/

You are part of the minority of people in the world who support the ISIS interpretation of the Koran. Congratulations.

Edited by dialamah

Sufism is one particular sect that clearly speaks to peace; there are others. In fact, according to Pew research, the majority of Muslims believe that ISIS does not represent Islam. A minority support ISIS ideology and methods.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/17/in-nations-with-significant-muslim-populations-much-disdain-for-isis/

http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/11/17/views-of-isis-topline/

You are part of the minority of people in the world who support the ISIS interpretation of the Koran. Congratulations.

And this has to do what with Sharia law and all it's glory being implemented anywhere how?

I respond to your comments. How about responding to the fact a moderate muslim states Sharia is here (England) whether you want it or not because all muslims carry sharia inside. It's not some little thing, and you keep denying it.

Could you also explain the reasons for denying it, as muslims make it very clear it is what they are about.

Who gives a shit about ISIS?

I don't believe in this "Islam is like this, but Christianity is like that" type bickering that has taken over the thread. You can find plenty of examples of good people in both religions, and awful people in both religions. There's awful stuff in the texts of both religions.

This is a British documentary that did undercover filming in mosques. And what they found is that Saudi money funds a terrible message in a lot of British mosques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJk_AiK-4No

This is the kind of crap I don't want to come to Canada.

-k

Edited by Michael Hardner
edited video link

See what happens when you just assume every altercation with a Muslim is automatically Islamophobia? I remember when this story hit the news initially it was met with shock that so many Muslim women were targets.

It appears that the Muslim women might have been the ones that were being a bit racist.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/29/teen-in-ttc-spat-with-muslims-tells-his-side

Things escalated when Van Dinther, who is mixed race with a black mom and a white father, and his friend, who is black, heard the Muslim women accuse them of “behaving like monkeys” and believed the women were making a racial slur against them.

The 16-year-old, through the intervention of Toronto Police, met with both Muslim women and apologized for his role in the altercation.

“Some people can take it the way they want, but at the end of the day, I know I’m apologizing straight out of my heart to these two women,” Van Dinther said. “I’m sorry that me and them had to go off on the wrong way — that it couldn’t have been solved right then and there.”

THE ALLEGATIONS

It is difficult to offer a completely clear picture of what happened on that subway train Nov. 18 — Van Dinther’s other friends and the Muslim women wouldn’t speak to media, nor would police elaborate beyond saying no charges would be laid and the TTC has no audio recording of any part of the encounter.

Edited by Boges

Our accomplices do not include the vast vast majority of poor souls we help to keep under their thumbs.

The oppressed are not responsible for the actions of their oppressors. We OTOH are responsible for our's which places us squarely amongst the guiltiest.

Cry me a river. We help overthrow an oppressor, we're guilty. We help support them, we're guilty. We do nothing, we're guilty.

None of the governments in the mideast have needed western help to stay in power for a very long time. They are independent nations fully capable of brutalizing and murdering those who wish to replace them, even in the face of western hostility (see Sudan and Syria).

Cry me a river. We help overthrow an oppressor, we're guilty. We help support them, we're guilty. We do nothing, we're guilty.

None of the governments in the mideast have needed western help to stay in power for a very long time. They are independent nations fully capable of brutalizing and murdering those who wish to replace them, even in the face of western hostility (see Sudan and Syria).

And we don't flinch about supporting a brutal oppressor while we fill their, as well as our own pockets with oil money. (See Sudan)

Blaming helpless victims for their misfortune really is about as repellent as it gets. It's disgusting.

When democracies actually arm dictators to prevent their victims from rising up against them it's disgusting, there's just no other word for it. You said it, we're guilty.

We help overthrow an oppressor, we're guilty.

No we're not. That's a ridiculous thing top say.

Edited by eyeball

Blaming helpless victims for their misfortune really is about as repellent as it gets. It's disgusting.

As disgusting as the soft bigotry of low expectations which exempts non-white people from any responsibility for their own actions and behaviour?

When democracies actually arm dictators to prevent their victims from rising up

Oh meh. Who are we arming? We're letting governments shop in our stores. So? If they didn't shop here they'd shop in Russian or Chinese or North Korean stores. The idea we're the guardian of the world's weaponry is painfully silly.

No we're not. That's a ridiculous thing top say.

No? How many times do we see people blaming us for bombing in support of the rebels in Libya?

Sorry, I don't think Talisman was ever a Chinese or Russian company.

Sudan is supported by Russian and Chinese arms, military advisers, munitions and support at the United Nations, which staved off calls for sanctions.

As disgusting as the soft bigotry of low expectations which exempts non-white people from any responsibility for their own actions and behaviour?

What an appropriate phrase, the soft bigotry of low expectations, you've chosen to make a point. Coined by the same lowlife who came up with the phrase Axis of Evil for the rabid pack of unaccountable sphincters attributed with causing what's starting to look like the beginning of the 3rd World War in the ME region.

Apparently there are places even more disgusting than the bottom of a barrel or a septic tank from which your side dredges up their putrescent justifications for fuelling race-based phobias.

Sweet? Not.

Edited by eyeball

The good news is that I watch my children go to school with a variety of different children with different backgrounds. They have playdates, play on the same sports teams, are invited to each other's birthdays and will grow up together. These children are the strongest weapon against the bigots.

The bigots will eventually die off and be replaced by those who are not handcuffed by the fear of the always changing and evolving world.

They just survived a whole lot more comfortably with one.

If you want to cry and feel guilty because some Canadian oil company is involved in Sudan, feel free.

Just don't expect the rest of us to join you.

Oh meh. Who are we arming? We're letting governments shop in our stores. So? If they didn't shop here they'd shop in Russian or Chinese or North Korean stores. The idea we're the guardian of the world's weaponry is painfully silly.

Lol!

The way 'stores' work is they try to make as much money as possible and hey ... When they need sales they're going to create a war ... er ... a market.

It gets pretty murky at best, monstrous at worst.

China imports 99% of Sudanese oil if anyone wants to bother to research it. Likewise with the oil from Mozambique and Angola. Its Nigeria where Shell Oil operates that sees the oil go to Europe. Any African oil to North America would come from Nigeria and in particular Biafra, Nigeria. Libya's oil which is of excellent quality sits in the ground untapped and Libya is another Somalia, a failed state with no real government operated by what is a series of roughly networked ISIL terror cells. The oil if it is flowing from Libya is probably going mostly to the black market via the Russian mob or perhaps some businessmen from Italy and I will call them simply businessmen but they aren't always in the recycling business as they are in New Jersey..

Suggesting Canada is involved withSudan oil is a crock. In fact Obama's half brother a member of the Muslim Brotherhood is the no.1 financier of weapons for Sudan. Go look it up.

Sudan is a Muslim sharia law state that continues to discriminate and exterminate anyone with black skin or Christian beliefs. That is fact. Blaming that on Canada is a crock. Obama has deliberately ignored Sudan because of his support of his half brother and the Muslim Brotherhood which runs its government but the American people have never supported Sudan as it is and its China that takes all its oil.

The issue getting back to this thread is that there are many Muslim sharia law states and Muslim terror cells operating in Africa killing Christians, and innocent civilians, and its not Islamophobia to point that out, point out they do so in the name of Islam, and point out these terror cells whether they be Boca Raton, etc., are affiliated with ISIL, Al Quaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood and they exist because of their network of fellow Muslims who are motivated to do what they do based on their Muslim beliefs. They use Islam to justify their terror and they should be called out for doing that.

While France has sent troops in on the ground in Mali, Malawi, Central African Republic, to try rescue and contain Muslim extremists attacking civilians, Obama has chosen not do. China and Russia also remain silent. Bottom line, with the exception of the French in their former colonies, no one gives a damn about Africans getting wiped out by Muslim terrorists and when their babies wash up on the beaches where the hell are any of you people crying tears for that white baby who showed up drowned? Hmmmm? Is Justin off to Africa to save it?

Give me a friggin break, I call it like it is. Two faced liberal guilt ridden sheltered people playing vicuious selective pandering politics with a preferred victim.

Edited by Rue