CPC Leadership Predictions

Believe it ir not, the CPC are going to have to convince a few moderate people to vote for them

Yep. Like they did in 2011.

Nobody needs to do nothing, trudeau himself will bring down the liberals. When a female TO Star reporter starts complaining how tired people are getting with trudeau's penchant for the camera , there is trouble coming. There is a reason the liberals are keeping him out of country.

You forgot something very important. By the next election in 2019, Trudeau will long have implemented 'electoral reform' in the form of ranked or preferential ballots. That means he can loaf through elections and still win easily.

The Star has to run these puff pieces 'criticizing' Trudeau once every thousand stories or so, just to continue to pretend objectivity. That is very important for 'journalists'. CBC too. They get to pretend to themselves that the big bump in their budget for many years is unrelated to their services rendered to Caesar.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe it. I just don't believe you fall into that category.

lol

I've never voted Liberal and never seriously considered it. I did seriously consider voting for Harper because of his stance (and promises) about the Senate. That didn't turn out well... and glad I didn't. I've switched my vote between Greens and NDP over the years...

If they dropped the anti-environmental positions and the social conservatism nonsense, I would consider voting for them. So if they aren't after my vote, they probably should be!

I thought she was a reasonable person and would have made a good leadership candidate until she was involved in that debacle.

So did Chris Alexander until he got elected and had to promote the party vitriol on TV.....a la Paul Calandra. How Lisa Raitt and Leitch are going to pass off the "the PMO made me say that...." line of pretzel logic to ascend as the "moderate style" party leader is beyond me.

So far Chong, Leitch, Raitt, Bernier are all also rans.......maybe they can draft Wisconsin's Paul Ryan.

There are people - like you, for example - who can be relied on to vote Liberal. There are others who can be relied on to vote Conservative or NDP. The only group which really matters is those who are not committed and will switch back and forth. Those are the only people the Tories need to worry about attracting.

and there are people - like you, for example - who falsely proclaim to not have an inherent allegiance to 'all that is Conservative'... forever trumpeting some obscure example of criticizing a Conservative leader/party in the past, forever rolling out your favoured tune, "I'm for them simply because they're the best of the worst available" - how droll!

and there are people - like you, for example - who falsely proclaim to not have an inherent allegiance to 'all that is Conservative'... forever trumpeting some obscure example of criticizing a Conservative leader/party in the past, forever rolling out your favoured tune, "I'm for them simply because they're the best of the worst available" - how droll!

I'm willing to bet I can find a hundred posts where I criticized the Tories. What about you? You think we could find ANY posts where you criticized the Liberals?

I'm willing to bet I can find a hundred posts where I criticized the Tories. What about you? You think we could find ANY posts where you criticized the Liberals?

ya ya... the supposed one's I labeled 'obscure'. You'll need an awfully powerful search engine to find em within that plethora of pro-Harper, pro-CPC, pro-Conservative posts... but hey, knock yourself out and make sure to report back! But hey now, how about that Kellie Leitch as the 'first formally announced' as a CPC leadership candidate? You know... Leitch "of the snitch line"! :lol:

Kellie Leitch sounds like the first person to kick-off the leadership race.

Dr. Leitch was at the forefront of the "Barbaric Cultural Practices" tip line. I wonder if she will come out and admit how wrong she was in supporting that sort of nasty "identity politics" nonsense.

She wasn't wrong. It's the right thing to do even if nobody else is smart enough to understand that.

She wasn't wrong. It's the right thing to do even if nobody else is smart enough to understand that.

fer sure! ... multi-dwelling renters need an avenue to report nasty cooking smells from neighbours! By the by, would Islamophobia... or race-baiting... be candidates for that proposed Harper/CPC snitch line? Any thoughts if Leitch makes this a prominent part of her campaign?

Kellie Leitch sounds like the first person to kick-off the leadership race.

Dr. Leitch was at the forefront of the "Barbaric Cultural Practices" tip line. I wonder if she will come out and admit how wrong she was in supporting that sort of nasty "identity politics" nonsense.

I thought she was a reasonable person and would have made a good leadership candidate until she was involved in that debacle.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-leadership-race-1.3519593

Didn't they call it "snitch" line? That was what they said on the news.

I'm not sure why they didn't just leave it as a 911 call.

Too bad M Bernier dated that biker chick. A quebecer would have a really good shot at unseating Turdeau. AB and Sask are voting conservative no matter what, but you can't win an election without Que or Ont. I don't think people from Ontario are going to hang their vote on what prov the candidate is from, so a Quebecer is the best bet they have imo.

The Cons should follow the Liberal pattern of white men from Quebec as leaders. Very successful.

It will most likely be a white man from Nova Scotia though. He is not as dreamy as Trudeau, but his wife is a visible minority and much hotter than the other guys. Pretty much a wash . I'm not sure there are any other qualifications to be PM.

The Cons should follow the Liberal pattern of white men from Quebec as leaders. Very successful.

It will most likely be a white man from Nova Scotia though. He is not as dreamy as Trudeau, but his wife is a visible minority and much hotter than the other guys. Pretty much a wash . I'm not sure there are any other qualifications to be PM.

I could live with him, I'm just not sure he will actually run.....Maybe a tv personality and self made man....might not win, but the debates would be hilarious.

I could live with him, I'm just not sure he will actually run.....Maybe a tv personality and self made man....might not win, but the debates would be hilarious.

The rumbligs have started for the return of the ratoreux....

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/john-ivison-brad-wall-sought-for-federal-leadership-bid-to-prevent-conservative-split

That was a complete and utter anhialation of the ndp. Even with a "scandal" of a land sale for the regina bypass. 3rd term with 63% of the popular vote. Mind you the ndp should be toast in mb under a leaser of a pc leader.

Point is, brad wall is how a cpc leader should be carrying themselves. Its too bad the cpc leadership race is in 2017 as when brad wall balances sks books in 2018 he would have one heck of a job resume...

It will most likely be a white man from Nova Scotia though. He is not as dreamy as Trudeau, but his wife is a visible minority and much hotter than the other guys.

oh my! Not only is she a Muslim... she's one of them there activist types - how will that play with the CPC base after all that Harper, uhhh..... indoctrination... ya, that's the word, indoctrination!

Point is, brad wall is how a cpc leader should be carrying themselves.

I like Brad Wall, I just can't see him running (in this race?).........as I said, I could live with MacKay, but I would question if he (or Kenney) could be winnable in 2019....it will be dependent on the economic landscape in 2018-2019. As I said before, right now, I lean towards Lisa Raitt, or someone younger like Michelle Rempel or even Andrew Scheer.

Jean Charest is white and from Quebec and Progressive Conservative.

oh my! Not only is she a Muslim... she's one of them there activist types - how will that play with the CPC base after all that Harper, uhhh..... indoctrination... ya, that's the word, indoctrination!

Translation: Waldo gibbers in fear of Mackay.

Jean Charest is white and from Quebec and Progressive Conservative.

A contender, but is his provincial baggage a deterrent?

I like Brad Wall, I just can't see him running (in this race?).........as I said, I could live with MacKay, but I would question if he (or Kenney) could be winnable in 2019....it will be dependent on the economic landscape in 2018-2019. As I said before, right now, I lean towards Lisa Raitt, or someone younger like Michelle Rempel or even Andrew Scheer.

I think it would depend on trudeaus polling numbers in 2017 as they are sky high now and it would be a huge risk to leave sk as said poll numbers are too high. The beauty of brad wall is he has a very strong brand and is media savvy. People like him. I dont know if the other cpc candidates have the same likeability as wall which in the last election was important. I think the economic landscape and poll numbers will dictate who runs in 2017.

Translation: Waldo gibbers in fear of Mackay.

hey now! Would it be the 'progressive conservative' MacKay that would show up... or did Harper successfully wean that out of him? I do note your fearful gibber in deflecting from my pointed question about MacKay's "activist Muslim" wife and how that will play 'down on the CPC farm' - hey!

As I said before, right now, I lean towards Lisa Raitt, or someone younger like Michelle Rempel or even Andrew Scheer.

other than being Speaker, who would even know about Scheer? Other than being Harper's gopher, Raitt hasn't the substance, track record or populace appeal... and Rempel is simply a lightweight joke - so bad they finally had to take her out of HOC camera view as the 'token pretty face' behind Harper!

other than being Speaker, who would even know about Scheer?

With a different last name, who would have known about the current Prime Minister 8-9 years ago?

Other than being Harper's gopher, Raitt hasn't the substance, track record or populace appeal...

Substance and track record? Maybe she should start giving snowboarding and drama lessons on the side.

and Rempel is simply a lightweight joke - so bad they finally had to take her out of HOC camera view as the 'token pretty face' behind Harper!

What was the current Prime Minister doing in his early to mid 30s?