CPC Leadership Predictions

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

recent days EKOS Research poll... among CPC supporters it's... Harper, Harper, Harper!

img=http://www.ekospolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/20160422_slide7.png

In my view, the Tories need someone new and wasn't part of Harper's party, surly there IS someone like that out there.

I like the strong support we're seeing for "Other", as that would be my choice based on that list. It would be nice to see an intelligent, evidence based, less social and ideological CPC. I think someone like Michael Chong could deliver that kind of respectable change.

Kellie Leitch vows to re-criminalize marijuana if she becomes PM.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/27/conservatives-need-to-be-more-libertarian-on-pot

I'm sure there were some tears in there and talk of saving the children as well....

The CPC don't have a chance if they are going to be regressive about social policy. I wonder what her stance on gay marriage and abortion is if she becomes PM....?

the Conservative Party wants to be relevant especially in engaging younger people on the right, who are more drawn to libertarian philosophy more voices like Berniers must emerge.

And yes, that means the Conservative Party of Canada must embrace a leader who supports the legalization of marijuana.

Edited by The_Squid

O'Leary's your guy? Really... is it his "business acumen"? What is one to believe in the face of such a questioning/critical rebuke, as follows:

The real (and shocking) story of Kevin O'Leary's business career

Hardly shocking, and I knew all about that. Having a mutual fund fail is nothing big. Especially when it started up in 2008. Tons of them failed then as panicky investors pulled their funds out. As for the rest, he started a company, bought a bad company, then sold both to Mattel and made himself rich. Good on him.

None of which is really the point. I'd take Kenny over him any day. But O'Leary is a very good speaker with a strong personality. We have very, very few of those in politics. What we have are bland, mealy mouthed people who never say what they mean or mean what they say. In that context, O'Leary would be breath of fresh, if harsh, air.

He was easily the most biased house speaker we've ever had.

How is that? I wouldn't have thought any Speakers had anything on Marcel Lambert during the Bomarc debate.............regardless, assuming Scheer is the most biased Speaker since the dawn of time in his four year stint, assuming said bias is toward the Tories, how would that preclude him from the leadership of the CPC?

...how would that preclude him from the leadership of the CPC?

Good question. There is nothing wrong with being partisan when you are leader of a party. I think the issue is however he had a role where he was supposed to be non-partisan and failed at it. That is a mark against his credibility.

I guess however that means that Kevin O'Leary would be a good choice too, he failed as a businessman so perhaps he could be a Prime Minister.