CPC Leadership Predictions

With a different last name, who would have known about the current Prime Minister 8-9 years ago?

Substance and track record? Maybe she should start giving snowboarding and drama lessons on the side.

What was the current Prime Minister doing in his early to mid 30s?

clearly I touched a nerve! Scheer has been an MP since 2004... other than being the last Speaker, who ever heard of the guy. It is quite telling that you've chosen to take my Parliamentary focus on Raitt/Rempel "accomplishments" and deflect outward from Parliament... thanks for making my point.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clearly I touched a nerve! Scheer has been an MP since 2004... other than being the last Speaker, who ever heard of the guy. It is quite telling that you've chosen to take my Parliamentary focus on Raitt/Rempel "accomplishments" and deflect outward from Parliament... thanks for making my point.

I'm not deflecting, I'm asking a serious question.......would a Justin Trudeau Sinclair, former drama teacher and snowboard instructor, be our Prime Minister today? Hell, would he even be an MP?

I'm not deflecting, I'm asking a serious question.......would a Justin Trudeau Sinclair, former drama teacher and snowboard instructor, be our Prime Minister today? Hell, would he even be an MP?

you're off-topic, please adjust accordingly. By the by, it is clearly your prerogative to ignore/discount the 7 years as an MP and party leadership in favour of avoiding discussion on just why you presumed to put forward such lightweight names as 'Rempel, Raitt, Scheer'.

you're off-topic, please adjust accordingly. By the by, it is clearly your prerogative to ignore/discount the 7 years as an MP and party leadership in favour of avoiding discussion on just why you presumed to put forward such lightweight names as 'Rempel, Raitt, Scheer'.

I'm not off-topic, you brought up the (lack of) experience of younger potential Tory leaders......I contrasted their accomplishments in Government with that of our current Prime Minister, likewise where he was when he was in his early to mid 30s like a Scheer or Rempel.

ya ya... the supposed one's I labeled 'obscure'. You'll need an awfully powerful search engine to find em within that plethora of pro-Harper, pro-CPC, pro-Conservative posts...

No, you won't have the slightest problem finding them. You'd probably need a magical search engine to ever find a post where you criticized the Liberals, though. And most of my posts are not so much pro-PC as they are anti-stupid-idea, or anti-hypocrite. I attack stupid policies and ideas without regard to which party is in power. You attack them if it's from a Tory and stridently defend if from a Liberal. Then you have the gall to accuse others of being partisans!

I'm not off-topic, you brought up the (lack of) experience of younger potential Tory leaders......I contrasted their accomplishments in Government with that of our current Prime Minister, likewise where he was when he was in his early to mid 30s like a Scheer or Rempel.

I spoke of accomplishments... track record - call that experience if you'd like. You didn't contrast anything... again, you have yet to provide any substance/detail as to why you put forward such lightweight names as 'Rempel, Raitt, Scheer'. Again, I would expect that contrast "in Government" would be a contrast... "in Government"! :lol: But then... that would be you further derailing this thread that should be your opportunity to extol the virtues/merit of the names you put forward for CPC leadership - you know, the thing you continue to deflect away from. Why is it so difficult for you to attempt to make your case for those names?

No, you won't have the slightest problem finding them. You'd probably need a magical search engine to ever find a post where you criticized the Liberals, though. And most of my posts are not so much pro-PC as they are anti-stupid-idea, or anti-hypocrite. I attack stupid policies and ideas without regard to which party is in power. You attack them if it's from a Tory and stridently defend if from a Liberal. Then you have the gall to accuse others of being partisans!

I don't accuse - I state! You're a partisan Conservative forever refusing to acknowledge it. I could care less if you call me a partisan Liberal supporter - fill your boots.

I spoke of accomplishments... track record - call that experience if you'd like. You didn't contrast anything...

Sure I did, I used the current Prime Minister as a litmus.......clearly being Speaker of the House or a minor Minister in ones early 30s is more accomplished then what our current PM was doing at that age, hence they should be more than qualified.

Sure I did, I used the current Prime Minister as a litmus.......clearly being Speaker of the House or a minor Minister in ones early 30s is more accomplished then what our current PM was doing at that age, hence they should be more than qualified.

no - to contrast something you need a reference point for the names you've put forward. Again, you refuse to provide that reference and instead are in yet another of your deflection modes. Again, this is your opportunity to extol the virtues/merit of the names you put forward for CPC leadership - you know, the thing you continue to deflect away from. Why is it so difficult for you to attempt to make your case for those names? Just what do you think you're actually contrasting without you establishing your reference point for the lightweights 'Rempel, Raitt and Scheer' that you put forward?

no - to contrast something you need a reference point for the names you've put forward. Again, you refuse to provide that reference and instead are in yet another of your deflection modes. Again, this is your opportunity to extol the virtues/merit of the names you put forward for CPC leadership - you know, the thing you continue to deflect away from. Why is it so difficult for you to attempt to make your case for those names? Just what do you think you're actually contrasting without you establishing your reference point for the lightweights 'Rempel, Raitt and Scheer' that you put forward?

I just did above.........Andrew Scheer was made speaker of the House and Rempel was made a minor Minister when she was under 35........What was our current Prime Minister doing in his early 30s?

by the by... is Prime Minister Trudeau the measure by which CPC supporters will validate their choices for CPC leadership? :lol:

In some aspects yes, he will be (I would assume the same with the NDP), namely on who is best posed to beat him..........I would be quite alright with a young Rempel sparring with the Prime Minister, both in the House and in debate in the the lead up to the next election.

I just did above.........Andrew Scheer was made speaker of the House and Rempel was made a minor Minister when she was under 35........What was our current Prime Minister doing in his early 30s?

oh my! You validate the substantive merit of the names you put forward simply based on appointments? Again, thanks for making my point... continuing to make it. You're the one that leaped to the deflection; again, surely there must be accomplishments/character aspects that would warrant your choices. Surely you should be able to put forward something... anything... or is being a frenzied tweeter and 'P&P' go-to all it takes for you?

oh my! You validate the substantive merit of the names you put forward simply based on appointments? Again, thanks for making my point... continuing to make it. You're the one that leaped to the deflection; again, surely there must be accomplishments/character aspects that would warrant your choices. Surely you should be able to put forward something... anything... or is being a frenzied tweeter and 'P&P' go-to all it takes for you?

That's a chicken and the egg argument.........What accomplishments can our current Prime Minister list, namely when he was but ~35-36 years old?

more and continued deflection! Apparently you can't actually offer anything that speaks to why those 3 (lightweight) names you put forward would be an effective CPC leader, one capable of not only leading the Opposition but one more importantly capable of inspiring the Canadian populace to change governments... instead you continue to play your standard deflection routine. One would think that by now, you would have got over the election result and your adamant projections for a Conservative majority... apparently not!

more and continued deflection! Apparently you can't actually offer anything that speaks to why those 3 (lightweight) names you put forward would be an effective CPC leader,

But I have.......in all examples, said persons are more accomplished than our current Prime Minister (absent the instruction of winter sports and the performing arts), as such, are as qualified (if not more so) than our current Prime Minister, hence by deduction, would make a suitable leader of the Opposition and the eventual leader of Government.

But I have.......in all examples, said persons are more accomplished than our current Prime Minister (absent the instruction of winter sports and the performing arts), as such, are as qualified (if not more so) than our current Prime Minister, hence by deduction, would make a suitable leader of the Opposition and the eventual leader of Government.

you've offered nothing... nada, zip, zilch, bupkis! The measure of your qualification is to simply deflect to your partisan assessment of the current Prime Minister. It only continues to reinforce your inability to actually present merit based rationale for the lightweights you proposed as CPC candidates. Why do you struggle so? By the by, I promise not to say a thing about Raitt's "cancer is sexy" fumble! :lol:

you've offered nothing... nada, zip, zilch, bupkis!

You consider becoming the Speaker of the House of Commons or a member of cabinet, before ones 35th birthday, to be a nada accomplishment? I'd be curious to hear your assessment of our current Prime Minister's working history in his early 30s.......what was he doing then?

It only continues to reinforce your inability to actually present merit based rationale for the lightweights you proposed as CPC candidates.

The Trudeau supporter just said merit based :lol:

Edited by Derek 2.0

such difficulty you have! Deflection is your forte... why not deflect from your deflection and simply state the merits/qualities that so compelled you to offer up your lightweight names for CPC leadership candidacy consideration?

such difficulty you have! Deflection is your forte... why not deflect from your deflection and simply state the merits/qualities that so compelled you to offer up your lightweight names for CPC leadership candidacy consideration?

I did above......accomplishment from being selected to the noted positions and the experience gained from service in them......all prior to turning 35....a more extensive resume then our current Prime Minister.

I did above......accomplishment from being selected to the noted positions and the experience gained from service in them......

go with your lightweights then..... pleeease! How will they ever stand up If you can't even make a case for them - yeesh! On the other hand, Rempel is quite 'badass'... who needs a military when you've got such Rempel bravado in responding to ISIS by posting a twitter pic of herself "secureinbed"! :lol: